Thanos vs. CISless Heralds and Beyond

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Thanos takes on the following characters completely stripped of CIS where as Thanos himself remains in character. Can he beat any of them?

1.) Classic Wonder Woman w/lasso, Aegis bracers, tiara.
2.) Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)
3.) Hal Jordan
4.) Absorbing Man
5.) Silver Surfer
6.) Thor
7.) Superman
8.) Classic Dr. Strange
9.) Starving Galactus
10.) Hal Jordan as the Spectre (not backed by the Presence).

TheTyrant
1- Thanos
2- Thanos
3- Thanos
4- Thanos
5- Thanos
6- Thanos
7- Thanos
8- Not sure.
9- Galactus
10- Spectre.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thanos takes on the following characters completely stripped of CIS where as Thanos himself remains in character. Can he beat any of them?

3.) Hal Jordan
4.) Absorbing Man
5.) Silver Surfer
6.) Thor
7.) Superman
8.) Classic Dr. Strange
9.) Starving Galactus

1. WW wins
2. CM wins
3. Hal wins
4. Thanos wins (easily)
5. Silver Surfer wins
6. Thanos wins (barely)
7. Superman wins
8. Dr. Strange wins (easily)
9. Galactus wins (easily)
10. Hal wins (easily)

Black bolt z
Originally posted by h1a8
1. WW wins
2. CM wins
3. Hal wins
4. Thanos wins (easily)
5. Silver Surfer wins
6. Thanos wins (barely)
7. Superman wins
10. Hal wins (easily) facepalm

He stops at 8.

celeyhyga17
He wtfpwns 1-7. Might not pass 8. Def does not pass 9.

dmills
A CISless 3,4,5,6 make him work hard for it seeing as that they have just about every power under the sun. 6 will really give him hell. 7,8,9 laughing out loud

quanchi112
Clears it.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by quanchi112
Clears it.

Nah... U done lost yo mind...
stick out tongue

quanchi112
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
stick out tongue Nah.

dmills
stick out tongue Sadly, he's lucid.

h1a8
He wtfpwns 1-7. Might not pass 8. Def does not pass 9.

1, 3, 5, and 7 wtfpwns Thanos and
2 just beats him

1. WW wins
2. CM wins
3. Hal wins
4. Thanos wins (easily)
5. Silver Surfer wins
6. Thanos wins (barely)
7. Superman wins
10. Hal wins (easily)

JakeTheBank
How does CIS-less Thor lose against Thanos, but Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, Surfer, and Superman win, in your opinion?

thanos-prime
1. WW wins
2. thanos wins
3. Thanos wins
4. Thanos wins
5. Thanos wins
6. Thor wins
7. thanos wins
8. Strange wins
9.galan wins
10. hal wins

Knowsbleed33
CISless Creel would put up a fight.

h1a8
How does CIS-less Thor lose against Thanos, but Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, Surfer, and Superman win, in your opinion?

Thor has two glaring weaknesses that Thanos can exploit.

1. He's not as fast as the others
2. He's far weaker without his hammer (lack of mobility, lack of hitting strength, lack of other powers, etc.)

I could be wrong as I'm underestimating a CISless Thor. What things could he do besides Godblast (That might win for him though)?

JakeTheBank

2. He's far weaker without his hammer (lack of mobility, lack of hitting strength, lack of other powers, etc.)

I could be wrong as I'm underestimating a CISless Thor. What things could he do besides Godblast (That might win for him though)?

1. He's fast enough to be a problem without CIS based on his feats.
2. Not really as he can will the hammer back to himself and his strength is already top tier without Mjolnir and does possess a variety of weather based powers without it.

Yes, you are vastly underestimating CISless Thor, honestly, He can absorb energy and send it back 10-100x more powerful, create shields capable of defending against blasts of galactic proportions, life drain, drawing the energy of a planet in a magnetic blast, etc. Many more things aside from lightning and Godblasts.

gogogadgetgo

1. he's plenty fast enough base on his feats
2. no he's not, with out his hammer he's already as strong as they come.

ummm....he can use his hammer to squash Thanos's face in for starters. LOL

gogogadgetgo
but seriously, shouldnt Thanos be above no. 1-7 that even without CIS he should win? well, thats what the case should be.

aaannnd even when starving, shouldnt Galactus be so way above the rest that he'd just squash Thanos like a fly?

leonidas
i think strange should be above a starving g, personally. cis off? if that means black magic, strange COULD take some. starving g? i'd take thanos. a WELL-FED g had to work hard to get through his shields. a starving one might get through but he'd be even weaker, and thanos has easily taken a blast from the MAKER. don't see starving g winning that fight. strange already showed he himself could probably take out a starving g.

spectre also wins. ignoring classic depictions and taking the others at ONLY their highest, he could lose a couple fights along the way.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Out of any herald, Thor would no doubt be the biggest problem for Thanos. Certainly more of a problem than Diana and the like.

Rage.Of.Olympus
1.) Thanos beats her face in. Diana can win if she can get him in the lasso possibly.
2.) Thanos takes it.
3.) Thanos.
4.) If he can lay a hand on Thanos, that would be an interesting fight I think.
5.) Thanos has consistently been above Surfer I'm afraid.
6.) The toughest fight on here until Strange imo. Thor actually has the capabilities to win with Mjolnir in hand. Energy attacks are hazardous, and I believe beings like Thor/Superman can hold their own against Thanos physically in such a state. Throw in Mjolnir's awesome defensive capabilities, the God Blast etc. and Thanos better step up his game.
7.) Decent fight but Thanos wins unless you think he can sing him to defeat or whatever.
8.) Strange.
9.) Depends on Galactus' level. There have without a doubt been depictions of him that Thanos could defeat.
10.) Probably Spectre.

He wtfpwns 1-7. Might not pass 8. Def does not pass 9. thumb up

1, 3, 5, and 7 wtfpwns Thanos and
2 just beats him

1. WW wins
2. CM wins
3. Hal wins
4. Thanos wins (easily)
5. Silver Surfer wins
6. Thanos wins (barely)
7. Superman wins
10. Hal wins (easily) lulz

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Out of any herald, Thor would no doubt be the biggest problem for Thanos. Certainly more of a problem than Diana and the like. IYO.

Thor would be the biggest problem but thanos would still role through him.

h1a8
1.) Thanos beats her face in. Diana can win if she can get him in the lasso possibly.
2.) Thanos takes it.
3.) Thanos.
4.) If he can lay a hand on Thanos, that would be an interesting fight I think.
5.) Thanos has consistently been above Surfer I'm afraid.
6.) The toughest fight on here until Strange imo. Thor actually has the capabilities to win with Mjolnir in hand. Energy attacks are hazardous, and I believe beings like Thor/Superman can hold their own against Thanos physically in such a state. Throw in Mjolnir's awesome defensive capabilities, the God Blast etc. and Thanos better step up his game.
7.) Decent fight but Thanos wins unless you think he can sing him to defeat or whatever.
8.) Strange.
9.) Depends on Galactus' level. There have without a doubt been depictions of him that Thanos could defeat.
10.) Probably Spectre.

1. WW can counter any attack made by Thanos by an attack of her own or just by sending the beams back at him. She has the Aegis shield if she just wanted it to be a stalemate. There is no way he can touch her. Adding in the lasso and tiara and FTL reflexes then it is a stomp. Diana wins this easily.

5. Being above someone doesn't determine who wins. It all depends on the specific tools involved in each match. The soul of comic debating is to envision how the fight would go if each fought to the best of their ability. Not to be lazy and say since X is above Y then X wins. This is CISless SS. That means he would always use great speed, ftl reflexes, shields, black hole attacks, amping, phasing, etc. Thanos can't win here.

6. Thor could definitely win here. The problem is if Thor throws the hammer then he would be in trouble. With CIS off I don't this he will do this. As long as he keeps the hammer in hand he has a chance.

7. Thanos has no defense against Superman's speed and reflexes. Superman can even vibrate through Thanos, effectively killing him (momentarily) or just koing him. Or just combo him to ko (never letting up).

Hyperion Prime

3.) Hal Jordan
4.) Absorbing Man
5.) Silver Surfer
6.) Thor
7.) Superman
8.) Classic Dr. Strange
9.) Starving Galactus

1. Thanos wins rather easily against diana
2. Thanos barely beats him (yes CM is tougher than Thor)
3-6 Thanos
7. Thanos has some device that slows clark down to the naked eye. (you did say thanos is in character)Thanos over powers clark and takes clarks best blows with a smile on his face like when he fought WM Thor. He then beats Superman to to near death.
8. Strange puts him to sleep with a sleep spell and owns him.
9. Galactus still wins but just barely
10. Spectre

Rage.Of.Olympus
1. WW can counter any attack made by Thanos by an attack of her own or just by sending the beams back at him. She has the Aegis shield if she just wanted it to be a stalemate. There is no way he can touch her. Adding in the lasso and tiara and FTL reflexes then it is a stomp. Diana wins this easily.

5. Being above someone doesn't determine who wins. It all depends on the specific tools involved in each match. The soul of comic debating is to envision how the fight would go if each fought to the best of their ability. Not to be lazy and say since X is above Y then X wins. This is CISless SS. That means he would always use great speed, ftl reflexes, shields, black hole attacks, amping, phasing, etc. Thanos can't win here.

6. Thor could definitely win here. The problem is if Thor throws the hammer then he would be in trouble. With CIS off I don't this he will do this. As long as he keeps the hammer in hand he has a chance.

7. Thanos has no defense against Superman's speed and reflexes. Superman can even vibrate through Thanos, effectively killing him (momentarily) or just koing him. Or just combo him to ko (never letting up).

I disagree.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Black bolt z
IYO.

Thor would be the biggest problem but thanos would still role through him.

K?

Not in this scenario.

Black bolt z
K?

Not in this scenario. Yes

Rage.Of.Olympus
Glad we agree.

Black bolt z
Glad we agree. No. He still mows thor down.

Up until strange, assuming he heals after each match, he'd have to have a bad day to lose a single match.

celeyhyga17
@ rage
I wouldnt call him "the biggets problem" of the herald level
More like "biggest annoyance"..
Cause in the end he eats and shietz heralds be it Thor, Supes, or Surfer...

dmills
Mjolnir gives Thor I'd say what, trans-low skyfather level output? So yeah, CISless he'd give Thanos a nice run. If it goes into any kind of physical match or if he doesn't have Mjolnir he'd get phucked up of course.

dmills
@ rage
Cause in the end he eats and shietz heralds be it Thor, Supes, or Surfer... laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor has Skyfather level energy output and high end defensive capabilities. His lightning alone has shown crazy power levels. Course, that might be a case of high end showings but the God Blast and Mjolnir's force fields are legitimate Skyfather level abilities. Disagreed with the next bit. Thanos is on average above beings like Thor/Superman physically but they can hold their own in such a scenario.

Originally posted by Black bolt z
No. He still mows thor down.

Up until strange, assuming he heals after each match, he'd have to have a bad day to lose a single match. Originally posted by celeyhyga17
@ rage

Disagreed.

PillarofOsiris

3.) Hal Jordan
4.) Absorbing Man
5.) Silver Surfer
6.) Thor
7.) Superman
8.) Classic Dr. Strange
9.) Starving Galactus

1. Thanos
2. Captain Marvel
3. Close match. I'd say its a toss up.
4. Thanos
5. Again, this one is close. I'm going to say its a tie.
6. Thor
7. Superman
8. Strange
9. Galactus
10. Spectre

vince_slice
@ rage
I agree.

I think it's common sense that high trans tier characters easily destroy heralds, but the problem is that from a fanboy's tinted perspective (whether it be Superman, Thor or Hulk), their favourite character is easily beyond herald level, and skyfather level at the minimum. Perhaps even stronger than that. You see this sort of thing with virtually every character that has outspoken fanboys (including Thanos), where they exagerate the power level of the character beyond what is consistently shown. This type of cognitive bias is so common in comic book discussions with really popular characters rolling on floor laughing

dmills
Originally posted by vince_slice
I agree.

I think it's common sense that high trans tier characters easily destroy heralds, but the problem is that from a fanboy's tinted perspective (whether it be Superman, Thor or Hulk), their favourite character is easily beyond herald level, and skyfather level at the minimum. Perhaps even stronger than that. You see this sort of thing with virtually every character that has outspoken fanboys (including Thanos), where they exagerate the power level of the character beyond what is consistently shown. This type of cognitive bias is so common in comic book discussions with really popular characters rolling on floor laughing I tend to agree, but with Thor, Norrin, Hal, etc, I think the argument in their favor is more about versatility then raw power. It's some of the more overwrought Superman fans that tend to think that their boy can match the titan physically.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Out of any herald, Thor would no doubt be the biggest problem for Thanos. Certainly more of a problem than Diana and the like.

I agree with this. Thor would still eventually go down.. but put up the best fight of all the heralds imo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.