Van Halen vs. AC/DC vs. Metallica vs. Guns n Roses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shokosugi
Who wins??

MrMind
my favorite van halen
most skilled metallica

the ninjak
1.AC fricken DC. murder them.

2.Gunners.
3.Metallica.
4.Van Halen.

With Metallica just edging out Van Halen. Though don't get me wrong Van Halen ROCK. Metallica just have more songs I love.

Existere
Guns N' Roses

MrMind
GNR probably the most popular and most well known.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by MrMind
GNR probably the most popular and most well known.

More popular than Van Halen???????

Nihilist
Metallica..Enter Sandman ftw.

the ninjak
AC/DC don't need popularity to win this............

GOD! since when should popularity = win?

Lets look at the material.

Hyperion Prime
Aerosmith has the best material!!!!!!! If they were on the list the would win
pinkcuffs

MrMind
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
More popular than Van Halen???????
for sho

Originally posted by the ninjak
AC/DC don't need popularity to win this............

GOD! since when should popularity = win?

Lets look at the material.
nobody said popularity = win

Hyperion Prime
for sho

Dude in the 80s Van halen was king. The late 80s or early 90s when GNR came out they never had the popularity of a David Lee Roth led Van Halen. laughing out loud

the ninjak
for sho Yeah Gunners are definitely more renown than Van Halen. November Rain has won no 1 Rock song of all time on occasions in my country. A feat rivalled only by Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.

GNR probably the most popular and most well known. I assumed that was what you were saying.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by the ninjak
Yeah Gunners are definitely more reknown than Van Halen. November Rain has won no 1 Rock song of all time on occasions.

Yeah, but that one song does not mean overall. You guys are just too young to know.

MrMind
Dude in the 80s Van halen was king. The late 80s or early 90s when GNR came out they never had the popularity of a David Lee Roth led Van Halen. laughing out loud
that's BS
van halen produced way more albums than GnR yet GnR got 20 more million sales than them
hell, "Appetite for Destruction" and "Use your illusion 1,2" sell more than most of van halen albums combined.

the ninjak
Yeah, but that one song does not mean overall. You guys are just too young to know.
I'm 30. What about Acca Dacca?

MrMind
you sound like you're so old you already experienced the 80's when van halen was still rockin

Hyperion Prime
that's BS
van halen produced way more albums than GnR yet GnR got 20 more million sales than them
hell, "Appetite for Destruction" and "Use your illusion 1,2" sell more than most of van halen albums combined.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Guns_N_Roses_vs_Van_Halen

Guns N' Roses is an American rock band, formed in Los Angeles, California in 1985. The band, led by frontman and co-founder Axl Rose, has gone through numerous line-up changes and controversies since their formation. The band has released six studio albums, two EPs and one live album during their career.

Van Halen is a hard rock band formed in Pasadena, California in 1972. They enjoyed success from the release of their self titled debut album in 1978. As of 2007 Van Halen has sold more than 80 million albums worldwide and have had the most number one hits on the Billboard Mainstream Rock chart. During the 1980s they also had more Billboard Hot 100 hits than any other hard rock or heavy metal band. According to the Recording Industry Association of America, Van Halen is the 19th best selling band/artist of all time with sales of over 56 million albums in the USA and is one of five rock bands that have had two albums sell more than 10 million copies in the USA.

Read more: Guns N Roses vs Van Halen - Difference and Comparison | Diffen http://www.diffen.com/difference/Guns_N_Roses_vs_Van_Halen#ixzz1IUFvw1Hf

Hyperion Prime
you sound like you're so old you already experienced the 80's when van halen was still rockin

Nothing wrong with age.....it catches up with everyone. Age isnt an insult its a gift. What you want to die at 20.

EDIT: Seems I was wrong GNR has sold more records.

Sin I AM
pffftttttt Queen is head and shoulders above the rest

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Sin I AM
pffftttttt Queen is head and shoulders above the rest

Queen is like disco laughing

I still have their greatest hits though confused

MrMind
not just one song, there're don't cry, welcome to the jungle, knockin on heaven's door etc. some of the most popular rock songs. and they're all in 3 albums
Appetite for Destruction, Use Your Iluusion 1 and 2.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Guns_N_Roses_vs_Van_Halen

Guns N' Roses is an American rock band, formed in Los Angeles, California in 1985. The band, led by frontman and co-founder Axl Rose, has gone through numerous line-up changes and controversies since their formation. The band has released six studio albums, two EPs and one live album during their career.

Van Halen is a hard rock band formed in Pasadena, California in 1972. They enjoyed success from the release of their self titled debut album in 1978. As of 2007 Van Halen has sold more than 80 million albums worldwide and have had the most number one hits on the Billboard Mainstream Rock chart. During the 1980s they also had more Billboard Hot 100 hits than any other hard rock or heavy metal band. According to the Recording Industry Association of America, Van Halen is the 19th best selling band/artist of all time with sales of over 56 million albums in the USA and is one of five rock bands that have had two albums sell more than 10 million copies in the USA.

Read more: Guns N Roses vs Van Halen - Difference and Comparison | Diffen http://www.diffen.com/difference/Guns_N_Roses_vs_Van_Halen#ixzz1IUFvw1Hf

why are you giving me wiki. I know van halen too well.
seriously they are not more popular than GnR
GnR only got three albums that are good, Appetite for Destruction, Use Your Iluusion 1 and 2.
yet these three albums make them one of the most popular rock band in the world. kinda like Nirvana. they only release very few albums, yet they are simply two most well known rock bands in early 90s.
van halen came out way before GnR, and been out there way more than GnR, yet GnR is still more well known.

Hyperion Prime
not just one song, there're don't cry, welcome to the jungle, knockin on heaven's door etc. some of the most popular rock songs. and they're all in 3 albums
Appetite for Destruction, Use Your Iluusion 1 and 2.

why are you giving me wiki. I know van halen too well.
seriously they are not more popular than GnR
GnR only got three albums that are good, Appetite for Destruction, Use Your Iluusion 1 and 2.
yet these three albums make them one of the most popular rock band in the world. kinda like Nirvana. they only release very few albums, yet they are simply two most well known rock bands in early 90s.
van halen came out way before GnR, and been out there way more than GnR, yet GnR is still more well known.

Dude you missed my edit. You were right...gnr has sold more.

shokosugi
1) Van Halen = God

2) AC/DC

3) Metallica

4) Guns N Roses

shokosugi
Van halen sold over 56 Million albums in the US vs. 43.5 million by GNR

I dont care if GNR was big in the Congo The US is the only market that matters.

colossulrage
metallica!

SuperEvil
1 Metallica/DLR Van Halen
2 AC/DC
3Sammy Hagar Van Halen
4 GNR

Flameback
Originally posted by colossulrage
metallica!

In what order would you rank the other bands?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by shokosugi
Who wins?? all of them have THAT SONG, but AC/DC has longevity

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by shokosugi
Van Halen vs. AC/DC vs. Metallica vs. Guns n Roses

Don't Care vs. Suck vs. AWESOME vs. Suck

NemeBro
Metallica > GNR > ACDC > Van Halen

Bullmonkéy
VAN HALEN!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.