Source Code

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
How is there not a thread on this movie?

I just watched it a couple of hours ago and I highly recommend it. It is a rare science fiction movie that is both a relatively big budget and smart. It is not quite as good as Duncan's Moon, but then again, not many movies are. I give this an 8.5/10.

dreamstudio123
I agree the Source code is alot better than its getting credit for. (Reminds me Of Aldous Huxleys Works). Very under rated movie indeed. Rare for a Hollywood movie these days. This is how most cult classics are born, after DVD release. ie. Donnie Darko or Big Lebowski. As for MOON. I think your giving it more praise than derived. Dont get me wrong. Its a good film but I dont feel its better than most.

Myth
I actually wanted Moon to win best picture in 2009 over Hurt Locker.

Btw, Source Code is getting great reviews from those who have seen it, but there just aren't as many people seeing it as there should be.

MildPossession
It would help if it had been nominated. Wasn't even in the TEN nominations, which was very very disappointing. Even the musical score didn't get a look in...

SnakeEyes
This was a solid sci-fi/action flick. It suffers from plot holes and a bunch of failed opportunities to explore more interesting territory; there are a few really cool concepts that it just doesn't delve into for the sake of being more mainstream-ly entertaining. It was enjoyable though. Not as good as Moon.

7/10.

donnawhite

T.M
Saw it on the week end as yes there were a few plot holes and I think it could have done with being a little longer maybe to further elaborate on the Source Code project. Really though these are minor grievances (which maybe could have been less prominent if Duncan Jones had been part of the writing process?) because it is a very intelligent and entertaining sci fi movie. As people have said, it isn't as good as Moon but it would have been very difficult for it to match that.

7/10 for me too.

ronnydudek

barbera123

webpro

ericsaffold

AdinWilliam
Last night i watched this movie with my friend and we both like this movie. I like the acting of Jake Gyllenhaal in this movie.

queeq
He was good... script could have had a bit more bite though.

Omega Vision
Wasn't a bad film.

I called the ending about half an hour in and it didn't go far enough with some of the concepts it brushed on but all in all it was enjoyable.

queeq
Indeed.

Esau Cairn
I found the overall "happy ending" a bit too cliched that it spoiled the movie for me.

Jake has the potential to be a great actor & Source Code kinda hints at that.

Mindset
It's only a happy ending if you ignore the fact he stole some guys life.

Esau Cairn
Stealing a guy's life OR giving a teacher super crazy soldier moves?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.