Depowered Tyrant runs the gauntlet...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
The following battles can only be won by completely killing the other side or by KO and no BFR allowed; battles take place in an abandoned New York City...

How far does Depowered Tyrant get?

1) Void...
2) Peak Power Onslaught...
3) Thanos+Thor in full Warriors Madness equipped with Asgardian Battle Armor and Belt of Strength...
4) Uatu...
5) Uatu+Thanos...
6) Odin...
7) Odin+Thor in full Warriors Madness equipped with Asgardian Battle Armor and Belt of Strength...
8) Odin+Thanos...
9) Odin+Thanos+Thor in full Warriors Madness equipped with Asgardian Battle Armor and Belt of Strength...
10) Peak Power Demogorge...

TheLordofMurder
No one has an opinion on this?

I personally think he has a really tough time at 5 (and has to give it his all to win), and stops at 6...

iceman24567
3 possibly 6 beats him

Omega Vision
stops at Uatu for sure.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Not even close... Makes it to 8 for sure. I wanna know the feats of Uatu that makes people believe he will beat Tyrant.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Omega Vision
stops at Uatu for sure. I would give Odin and Tyrant the win over Uatu based on battle feats Tyrant gets waxed at Odin

carver9
Stops at 1 or 2

Black bolt z
Uatu could beat him.

zopzop
He stops, hard, at Odin.

The thing with Tyrant (DP or otherwise) is, there is a some debate over how well he'd fare against people whose power he can't absorb/metabolize.

For example, I can't see Odin doing what DP Tyrant did to a FULLY FED and PREPPED Galactus. DP Tyrant had him dead to rights till Morg showed up with the UN.

However, some people have argued that Galactus was the ideal opponent for DP Tyrant since DP Tyrant absorbs bio-synth energy and is a top class technopath.

Odin, to my knowledge, utilizes high end magic and his innate divinity as the sources of his power. Something DP Tyrant hasn't been shown to have any control over.

iceman24567
Originally posted by zopzop
He stops, hard, at Odin.

The thing with Tyrant (DP or otherwise) is, there is a some debate over how well he'd fare against people whose power he can't absorb/metabolize.

For example, I can't see Odin doing what DP Tyrant did to a FULLY FED and PREPPED Galactus. DP Tyrant had him dead to rights till Morg showed up with the UN.

However, some people have argued that Galactus was the ideal opponent for DP Tyrant since DP Tyrant absorbs bio-synth energy and is a top class technopath.

Odin, to my knowledge, utilizes high end magic and his innate divinity as the sources of his power. Something DP Tyrant hasn't been shown to have any control over. You are spot on thumb up

Harbinger
1 and 2 make him work. 3 stops him cold.

carver9
Tyrant and Onslaught remind me of each other for some strange reason.

Lord Feron
If uatu doesn't do some pussy shit and goes back to what he use to perform back in the day. Tyrant doesn't stand a chance.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
He stops, hard, at Odin.

Odin, to my knowledge, utilizes high end magic and his innate divinity as the sources of his power. Something DP Tyrant hasn't been shown to have any control over.

thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually that isn't a Thumbs Up. Tyrant beats Odin and it really is as simple as that. You need to look no further than how they fared against a common opponent to see who has more power. The answer is clearly Tyrant.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually that isn't a Thumbs Up. Tyrant beats Odin and it really is as simple as that. You need to look no further than how they fared against a common opponent to see who has more power. The answer is clearly Tyrant.

I dont think so; neither was giving it their all against Thanos...I am certain that Odin wasnt atleast as he has feats of power far beyond what he demostrated against Thanos.

But if you want to use the common foe argument, Odin one-shotted Surfer while Tyrant failed to do so...

iceman24567
Actually that isn't a Thumbs Up. Tyrant beats Odin and it really is as simple as that. You need to look no further than how they fared against a common opponent to see who has more power. The answer is clearly Tyrant. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually that isn't a Thumbs Up. Tyrant beats Odin and it really is as simple as that. You need to look no further than how they fared against a common opponent to see who has more power. The answer is clearly Tyrant. He made good points his post was sound and all you can say is nuh uh most people in this thread dont even think he can make it to Odin anyways. zopzop already stated why Tyrant did so well aganist Galactus theor common opponent yet your using Galactus as the deal breaker good grief laughing

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by iceman24567
He made good points his post was sound and all you can say is nuh uh most people in this thread dont even think he can make it to Odin anyways. zopzop already stated why Tyrant did so well aganist Galactus theor common opponent yet your using Galactus as the deal breaker good grief laughing

I'm not talking about Galactus at all Ice.. I'm talking about Thanos as the common foe. LOM picked up on that. Odin never "fought" Galactus... he was only ONE SHOT WITH EASE when Doom had Galactus's power lol. Again you come back with this... he did so well.. because of this... yet as has been said and proven over and over.. that ISN'T an advantage of Tyrant over Galactus. GALACTUS ALSO HAS THAT SAME ABILITY. Thus, that can't be the deciding factor on why Tyrant did well, when Galactus does the exact same thing. A simple logical fact like that seems to continually go over your head and I'm not sure why.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I dont think so; neither was giving it their all against Thanos...I am certain that Odin wasnt atleast as he has feats of power far beyond what he demostrated against Thanos.

But if you want to use the common foe argument, Odin one-shotted Surfer while Tyrant failed to do so... Surfer was one shot TWICE... The only difference was he stayed down longer when Odin did it. However, both times against Tyrant..Surfer was put down for a period of time constituting a win against Tyrant. If you wanna use the "not trying" as hard argument LOM... Surfer SPECIFICALLY says.. he's going to use his full force on Tyrant and he would pay.. he NEVER expressed such feeling towards Odin. Thus, it could be argued based on on panel narration Surfer was trying against Tyrant and holding back against Odin.... See how that works LOM?

iceman24567
I'm not talking about Galactus at all Ice.. I'm talking about Thanos as the common foe. LOM picked up on that. Odin never "fought" Galactus... he was only ONE SHOT WITH EASE when Doom had Galactus's power lol. Again you come back with this... he did so well.. because of this... yet as has been said and proven over and over.. that ISN'T an advantage of Tyrant over Galactus. GALACTUS ALSO HAS THAT SAME ABILITY. Thus, that can't be the deciding factor on why Tyrant did well, when Galactus does the exact same thing. A simple logical fact like that seems to continually go over your head and I'm not sure why. It didnt go over my head the fact that you continually ignore what happen ON PANEL is mind boggling. Tyrant absorbed Galactus' energy blast and was empowered Galactus didnt do the same so the fact that they both could absorb BE is moot in regards to their encounter it really is that simple that fact seems to soar over your head eveytime unless you can show me on panel scans of Galactus being amped by Tyrant during their fight? Again Galactus is the ideal opponent for Tyrant due to synthetic BE and tech Odin on the otherhand would carve Tyrant up like a giant turkey with dreads

TheLordofMurder
Surfer was one shot TWICE... The only difference was he stayed down longer when Odin did it. However, both times against Tyrant..Surfer was put down for a period of time constituting a win against Tyrant. If you wanna use the "not trying" as hard argument LOM... Surfer SPECIFICALLY says.. he's going to use his full force on Tyrant and he would pay.. he NEVER expressed such feeling towards Odin. Thus, it could be argued based on on panel narration Surfer was trying against Tyrant and holding back against Odin.... See how that works LOM?

I fully agree that Surfer attacked Tyrant more fiercely than he did Odin; Surfer wanted to destroy Tyrant while I am pretty sure he didnt want to do the same to Odin...

But that has nothing to do with durability; Odin is a good guy...hes not a killer (unlike Tyrant)...so when he one shot Surfer I would bet money that he intended to hit Surfer only hard enough to KO him...and he accomplished that goal.

Tyrant on the other hand wasnt trying to kill Surfer either (he wanted to heralds alive to siphon power from them for his machine), but I would also bet money that he isnt as forgiving as Odin is and is less likely to hold back in combat as well...

Bottomline is its my belief that Tyrant fought the Heralds (Surfer specifically) and Thanos harder than Odin fought them; no doubt, Tyrant and Odin could have brought more firepower into the fray, but going by past showings, I firmly believe Odin could have brought a whole lot more firepower into the fray than he did...

We have always agreed to disagree about Tyrant though; you believe he is beyond a High Skyfather, while I would place him squarely in the Mid Skyfather bracket...

I honestly think we need more showing from Depowered Tyrant so we can more accurately gauge his level of power; I would pay top dollar to see a well written Depowered Tyant vs Odin fight...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I fully agree that Surfer attacked Tyrant more fiercely than he did Odin; Surfer wanted to destroy Tyrant while I am pretty sure he didnt want to do the same to Odin...

But that has nothing to do with durability; Odin is a good guy...hes not a killer (unlike Tyrant)...so when he one shot Surfer I would bet money that he intended to hit Surfer only hard enough to KO him...and he accomplished that goal.

Tyrant on the other hand wasnt trying to kill Surfer either (he wanted to heralds alive to siphon power from them for his machine), but I would also bet money that he isnt as forgiving as Odin is and is less likely to hold back in combat as well...

Bottomline is its my belief that Tyrant fought the Heralds (Surfer specifically) and Thanos harder than Odin fought them; no doubt, Tyrant and Odin could have brought more firepower into the fray, but going by past showings, I firmly believe Odin could have brought a whole lot more firepower into the fray than he did...

We have always agreed to disagree about Tyrant though; you believe he is beyond a High Skyfather, while I would place him squarely in the Mid Skyfather bracket...

I honestly think we need more showing from Depowered Tyrant so we can more accurately gauge his level of power; I would pay top dollar to see a well written Depowered Tyant vs Odin fight...

Pretty good post LOM and I do agree with some of what you say. I do think both Odin and Tyrant could've brought more to the table in both situations. However, let me bring up a few points... Odin was more pissed at Thanos and Surfer than Tyrant was at the heralds attacking him. As you stated.. he wasn't trying to kill them just stop an insurrection if you will. Odin was trying to stop what he perveived to be an invasion of his home.. and stop villians as he called them who were wrecking his people. Odin's words seemed to clearly indicate he was more pissed than Tyrant. A minor point, but it goes directly to your strance that Odin isn't a killer or wasn't pissed when in fact he was. For God's sake Odin's fought his own son before and threatened to kill him if he infected other asgardians... hardly what I would call a compassionate non killer as you describe him.

I agree though.. I would give my left nut... to see a DP Tyrant vs. Odin fight... that would be truly epic indeed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by iceman24567
It didnt go over my head the fact that you continually ignore what happen ON PANEL is mind boggling. Tyrant absorbed Galactus' energy blast and was empowered Galactus didnt do the same so the fact that they both could absorb BE is moot in regards to their encounter it really is that simple that fact seems to soar over your head eveytime unless you can show me on panel scans of Galactus being amped by Tyrant during their fight? Again Galactus is the ideal opponent for Tyrant due to synthetic BE and tech Odin on the otherhand would carve Tyrant up like a giant turkey with dreads

Ooo but my buddy Ice.. that is exactly what happened to Tyrant as well. Don't you remember the panel before the battle where Tyrant admitted on panel he became weaker because Galactus had just fed on a ripe planet. That happened before the battle and Tyrant admitted on panel it made him weaker. Thus, going by on panel events.. both were effected negatively by the other feeding on bio-sphere energy.

iceman24567
It happened during their battle? Nope which is my point nice try though

KuRuPT Thanosi
What difference does that make.. It weakened Tyrant BEFORE the battle which is even worse. So thus.. a weakened Tyrant beat a prepped and well-fed Galactus.. Okay if that is how you want it.. cool with me.. thumb up

iceman24567
What difference does that make.. It weakened Tyrant BEFORE the battle which is even worse. So thus.. a weakened Tyrant beat a prepped and well-fed Galactus.. Okay if that is how you want it.. cool with me.. thumb up Yes before the battle I thought we were talking about what happened during. Seems you care more about what happened before the battle or what could have happened during it I'm talking about what happened DURING the battle Tyrant was amped by Galactus blasts he also used his technopathy against him none of which will help him against Odin thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why does only during the battle count? If you're weakened BEFORE the fight.. that matters MORE than during the battle. It matters more because one went into the battle stronger than another.. The weak foe.. manipulated the fight to HIS advantage by using something that was at both of their disposals. It's xavier beating mantis in a TP battle... Both can do it.. so it's not an advantage or difference in a fight. If you gain an advantage by fighting smart and outmanuvering your opponent then you won using skill and strategy. Both galactus and Tyrant feed on the same energy.. Tyrant just fought smarter than big g.

Besides, if you don't concede that point... all I would have to say.. is tyrant was weakened before the figth and g was prepped and fed. Galactus blasting Tyrant merely brought back tyrant to the level he should've been at before the fight. no matter how you look at it.. it wasn't a deciding factor in the fight. What was.. was Tyrant power and outmanuvering Galactus.

zopzop
Kurupt that's actually a good point. I'd forgotten about that scene. But it still doesn't change the fact that Galactus was the ideal foe for DP Tyant.

We need to see him vs high end magic users before we can say how he'll fare vs Odin.

The thing with Odin is that this is a character with a 40+ year history of doing spectacular shxt : creating dimensions and populating them with sentient beings, busting galaxies, rocking the multiverse, threatening the universe with destruction in some of his battles, etc... We need to see more from DP Tyrant.

iceman24567
Why does only during the battle count? If you're weakened BEFORE the fight.. that matters MORE than during the battle. It matters more because one went into the battle stronger than another.. The weak foe.. manipulated the fight to HIS advantage by using something that was at both of their disposals. It's xavier beating mantis in a TP battle... Both can do it.. so it's not an advantage or difference in a fight. If you gain an advantage by fighting smart and outmanuvering your opponent then you won using skill and strategy. Both galactus and Tyrant feed on the same energy.. Tyrant just fought smarter than big g.

Besides, if you don't concede that point... all I would have to say.. is tyrant was weakened before the figth and g was prepped and fed. Galactus blasting Tyrant merely brought back tyrant to the level he should've been at before the fight. no matter how you look at it.. it wasn't a deciding factor in the fight. What was.. was Tyrant power and outmanuvering Galactus. I see you dont mind having this circular argument. I dont agree with that example it would only apply if their abilities nullify eachother in Tyrants and Galactus' case it doesnt and again so what if Galactus can do the same the point is he DID NOT do it in that encounter. Where does it say he was brought back to normal levels on panel it only says he was empowered you cant just assume the blast brought him back to normal without context to support it. I could easily say the blast amped Tyrant to 10x his normal level

Simbon
The writing on Tyrant's fights with Thanos and Galactus was so bad that identifying his power level in relation to Odin seems arbitrary. People who say there is one clear way to read the use of the orb are fooling themselves -- the art and writing are totally inconsistent, and we can't say conclusively whether Thanos was amped or not. Likewise, the fight with Galactus was idiotic. I'm not saying that means we can ignore it, but it also doesn't help us figure out how powerful Tyrant is (aside from the obvious statement that he is very, very powerful). Since he appears so often in forum fights, I had hoped that the annihilators series would bring him back, and give us more info to situate him in the hierarchy. But no, they had to go with that effete dire-wraith.

DP Tyrant clears it.

Stops at 6, maybe 7, depending on the orb-question.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.