Thor vs energy blast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Ok, how good is Thor absorption abilities? From what I have see, Thor has absorbed almost everything that has come his way. So let's say he was standing on a indestructible planet and these blast were coming his way, what would happen? Would Thor die or would he make it?

1. A combine heat vision attack from both Supes and Glads
2. Nova gathering all of his power into one blast shooting it at Thor
3. Thanos shooting his most powerful blast at Thor
4. This... (classified as solar system destructive http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=13Qrq-AD81Y) fast forward 5 min 40 sec.
5. Odin shooting his Galaxy destroying blast

gogogadgetgo
clears it? clears it!

JakeTheBank
Based off of his feats, if he doesn't absorb it, he makes a vortex to block it. Odin, in theory, should be able to take Mjolnir away from Thor and force him to take the blast directly. Barring that, if Thor is allowed the ability to block/absorb and the attacks merely shoot at him, Thor at his best should clear this.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by carver9
Ok, how good is Thor absorption abilities? From what I have see, Thor has absorbed almost everything that has come his way. So let's say he was standing on a indestructible planet and these blast were coming his way, what would happen? Would Thor die or would he make it?

1. A combine heat vision attack from both Supes and Glads
2. Nova gathering all of his power into one blast shooting it at Thor
3. Thanos shooting his most powerful blast at Thor
4. This... (classified as solar system destructive http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=13Qrq-AD81Y) fast forward 5 min 40 sec.
5. Odin shooting his Galaxy destroying blast The number 4 link doesn't work. But I hope thats not a link to a DBZ video...

he stops at 4 most likely if it destroyed a solar system.

yes, provided the attackers arent allowed to teleport the energy inside his body or something like that and using his highest absorption feats, he could clear this

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Based off of his feats, if he doesn't absorb it, he makes a vortex to block it. Odin, in theory, should be able to take Mjolnir away from Thor and force him to take the blast directly. Barring that, if Thor is allowed the ability to block/absorb and the attacks merely shoot at him, Thor at his best should clear this.

Come on Jake. Has Thor ever had energy like #4 coming at him like that? He isn't redirecting or absorbing that. That's auto death IMO.

carver9
Na

carver9
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=13Qrq-AD81Y

Hope it works now.

Come on Jake. Has Thor ever had energy like #4 coming at him like that? He isn't redirecting or absorbing that. That's auto death IMO. he absorbed a bomb that was going to destroy 20% of the universe.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=13Qrq-AD81Y

Hope it works now. it doesnt

dmills
Pretty sure he can at least get to 3. I don't know what 4 is. Odin kills him.

dmills
Originally posted by 753
he absorbed a bomb that was going to destroy 20% of the universe. How'd he do that? A bomb releases energy omnidirectionally doesn't it?

zopzop
Clears it. I have yet to see Mjolnir fail to absorb an energy attack.

zopzop
Originally posted by dmills
How'd he do that? A bomb releases energy omnidirectionally doesn't it?

He has a magic hammer. Keyword : Magic big grin

vince_slice
Originally posted by zopzop
Clears it. I have yet to see Mjolnir fail to absorb an energy attack.

Doesn't mean it doesn't have a limit wink

But yeah Thor probably clears it.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by zopzop
Clears it. I have yet to see Mjolnir fail to absorb an energy attack. No limits fallacy much?

inimalist
13Qrq-AD81Y

wink

you kept putting up the mobile address, just cut the video reference into the tags

vince_slice
Wasn't Thor's absorbing limit reached when he aborbed Glory's blast? He reverted back to his mortal form after doing that feat.

carver9
Originally posted by inimalist
13Qrq-AD81Y

wink

you kept putting up the mobile address, just cut the video reference into the tags

Good stuff.

Has Thor ever absorbed a blast that big coming at him?

zopzop
Originally posted by Black bolt z
No limits fallacy much?

Ok, show me a scan of Thor failing to absorb an energy attack.

Originally posted by dmills
How'd he do that? A bomb releases energy omnidirectionally doesn't it? dude, you serious? SM shoots x-rays from his eyes and somehow sees through objects, explain that to me. besides, it was a really old comic from the silver age.

Digi
Thor has absorbed omnidirectional blasts before. He's also absorbed a blast that hit him directly, not the hammer, but was holding the hammer and using it to channel the energy through him into it. He really is the deus ex of absorption feats, though that second one is ignored by most writers.

Originally posted by vince_slice
Wasn't Thor's absorbing limit reached when he aborbed Glory's blast? He reverted back to his mortal form after doing that feat.

I'm pretty sure that was everything combined, not just the absorption feat. Besides, that was pretty much an abstract he was facing, it's a bit hard to quantify the feat and is quite possibly better than anything in the OP's list.

dmills
Originally posted by 753
dude, you serious? SM shoots x-rays from his eyes and somehow sees through objects, explain that to me. besides, it was a really old comic from the silver age. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/hypnotized-smiley.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.