As per the tierings here at KMC, which herald would pose most problematic for Thanos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Low Herald
Mid Herald
High Herald

Pick one character from each of these levels of Herald that you feel would give Thanos the hardest time attempting to kill (or destroy irreversibly)...

For example (and this isnt my opinion on the matter btw), one might pick:
Charles Xavier (Low).
Wonder Woman (Mid).
Adam Warlock (High; I dont agree with Warlock being a High Herald, but he is according to the tierings here).

So once again, who would you pick?

smile

Q99
Hm, I don't remember which tier he is, but I'm going to have to go with "Drax" smile

TheLordofMurder
Drax is a Low Herald...

Good choice btw! Better than who I was thinking... wink

Who would you pick for Mid and High Herald then?

long pig
Teasing Thanos fanboys isn't a hobby, it's a way of life.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by long pig
Teasing Thanos fanboys isn't a hobby, it's a way of life.

I havent a clue what you are talking about...

smokin'

Originally posted by Q99
Hm, I don't remember which tier he is, but I'm going to have to go with "Drax" smile thumb up

carver9
Proteus. I would give him a 8/10 against Thanos.

TheLordofMurder
You would tier Proteus as a Herald?

I would place him no lower than Mid or High Trans...

JakeTheBank
Drax
Mar-Vell
Thor

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Drax
Mar-Vell
Thor

33.3% of my current list...

wink

Ambient
None would pose much of a problem for him but id say those with extreme speedster would be the more time consuming for him to take down as with they're speed takes time . to make contact, say; Flash, Supes and the likes..

Digi
Ah, tierings. Fun stuff. Anyway, for clarification: Official KMC tierings don't actually exist, and haven't been edited for several years when they did. And when they were around, they weren't meant to be an exact "this is exactly what everyone is" type of list. It was a guide for newer members that was ruined by people who thought they were indeed supposedly "official."

I say this only because the thread title insinuates that they do exist, and are representitive of KMC opinion in some way.

TheLordofMurder
Woluld it be fair to say "as per the 'old' tierings here on KMC" then?

smile

Digi
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Woluld it be fair to say "as per the 'old' tierings here on KMC" then?

smile

Actually, no. As I said, they were only intended to help new members learn rough power scales to avoid horribly mismatched vs. battles (and the subsequent flaming from the less-than-civil on the forums). They were never meant to be used in an official sense, and changes were only to be made for glaringly obvious characters that were clearly misplaced. As it turned out, the thread did just about everything except that.

But it hasn't stopped anyone else, so feel free.

wink

I just have to say something most times the tiers thread comes up, because newer members will find the link, instantly decry its utter absurdity, then PM me because I was the one posting it, and clearly it's my list and affronts their dignity. It just gets tiring.

gogogadgetgo
Drax
Thor
N/F

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Ambient
None would pose much of a problem for him

Oh...I wouldnt say that; I'll explain with my list below.

I'd go:
Low Herald: Drax the Destroyer (The Drax Force makes Thanos very vulnerable to this guy so this is a very difficult matchup for Thanos).

Mid Herald: Waverider (A powerful, durable, time traveler would be incredibly difficult for Thanos to kill)

High Herald: Cyborg Superman (Can reconstruct from almost anything, can sabotage Thanos's tech via technopathy and use it against him, and is a super speedster...seems like a bad matchup for Thanos IMHO).

So once again, I strongly disagree with your assertion that no herald would pose a problem for Thanos as some of these characters have strengths that Thanos cant readily counter effectively...

marwash22
Originally posted by carver9
Proteus. I would give him a 8/10 against Thanos. I'm curious, what happens in the other 2 matches? If he Beats Thanos 8 times, what's stopping him from winning every encounter?

carver9
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
You would tier Proteus as a Herald?

I would place him no lower than Mid or High Trans...

I agree, he isn't Herald imo, he is around high trans, low skyfather but I think on the tier thread he is listed as a herald.

carver9
Originally posted by marwash22
I'm curious, what happens in the other 2 matches? If he Beats Thanos 8 times, what's stopping him from winning every encounter?

confused

Good question. He wins 2 because he is Thanos. stick out tongue

Philosophía
Low-herald: Drax/Cassandra Nova
Mid-herald: Orion/Flash
High-herald: Superman/Infinity Man/Zoom

inimalist
Proteus. I would give him a 8/10 against Thanos.

you don't think Thanos could disrupt his energy in the same way Magneto could?

Starscream M

Starscream M
Originally posted by inimalist
you don't think Thanos could disrupt his energy in the same way Magneto could? magneto is a more adept energy manipulator than thanos.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Starscream M
magneto is a more adept energy manipulator than thanos. laughing out loud

inimalist
magneto is a more adept energy manipulator than thanos.

really?

Philosophía
Thanos has more raw power, nobody is contesting that. But what makes you think he's a more skilled energy manipulator than Magneto?

Originally posted by Nihilist
laughing out loud well, he is

Starscream M
really? yes, more adept. Magneto is almost one with the electromagnetic spectrum...his understanding of the way energy works is surpassed by few.

Nihilist

inimalist

Philosophía
Apart from the fact Thanos has manipulated Cosmic,Gamma and Magic energy. What does that have to do with skill?

Apart from the fact Thanos has manipulated Cosmic,Gamma and Magic energy. the only one out of that list that mags hasnt manipulated is magic, but thanos is an actual sorcerer, he doesnt do it like vulcan does, as an extension of his energy manipulation.

Starscream M
i dont know

I dont think identifying and dispersing a form of energy, as magneto did with proteus, would fall outside of his powers though...

the only reason that is a high end feat is because proteus is so strong, not because it is crazy energy manip, imho dood, it was impressive because Magneto was able to perceive the type of energy field that would disrupt Proteus

thanos may produce more powerful blasts of energy, but magneto is a true master of energy

inimalist
dood, it was impressive because Magneto was able to perceive the type of energy field that would disrupt Proteus

thanos may produce more powerful blasts of energy, but magneto is a true master of energy

fair enough, I don't see "perceiving energy" as outside of Thanos' skill set

Starscream M
I would just say that how thanos uses energy offensively would literally be fingerpainting compared to the level that Magneto wield's energy

Existere
I would just say that how thanos uses energy offensively would literally be fingerpainting compared to the level that Magneto wield's energy Literally?

carver9
All I know is "Thanos isn't pulling a majority against Proteus". His only hope was when Proteus had the "weakness to Iron" thing going on. He has lost that so basically, the only way he could lose is by manipulating his energy which is out of character for Thanos and is something I have yet to see him do against a powerful character like Proteus... someone who has warped an entire planet with just a simple thought.

Nihilist

KuRuPT Thanosi
dood, it was impressive because Magneto was able to perceive the type of energy field that would disrupt Proteus

You or Philo please list for me the type of energies that Magneto has manipulated. Being a "master of energy" I'm sure he has manipulated many forms of it right?

zopzop
Low : Drax (only because of the aforementioned "Drax Force"wink

Mid : Don't know

High : Thor

"Id"
Low: Drax
Mid: X-Man
High: Genis-Vell

Originally posted by "Id"
Mid: X-Man
High: Genis-Vell xman at mid?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Drax
Orion
IM or Warlock

Philosophía
So using,giving or taking someones life energy to power up or depower them doesnt take skill? If you can control those energies, it's basically just normal energy manipulation. That doesn't imply skill. What does imply skill, for example, is Magneto improvising on the fly against a reality manipulator like Proteus, understanding, adapting and turning his power against him - eventough he hadn't even encountered that energy type before. What you're doing here is basically pointing out how powerful Thanos is and the various types of energy he can manipulate, which doesn't really show anything pertaining to the discussion at hand.

Existere

Philosophía
I'm discussing Magneto's skill with energy, compared to Thanos.

Where did I say anything about Proteus and Thanos?

Existere
Proteus. I would give him a 8/10 against Thanos. Originally posted by inimalist
you don't think Thanos could disrupt his energy in the same way Magneto could? Originally posted by Starscream M
magneto is a more adept energy manipulator than thanos.

Given that the thread topic is about who would be the biggest ***** for Thanos to deal with, I'd say pointing out that Thanos is a more powerful energy manipulator than Magneto (and therefore more capable of dealing with Proteus) relates to the thread and discussion at hand.

Philosophía
Yes, it relates to the thread; but not to the discussion I was having.

Existere

Philosophía
You could have just gotten down on your knees, instead of wasting our time with this foreplay.

We can't all be perfect.

Existere
Your avatar man disturbs me too much to continue this discussion.

Philosophía
Don't diss Grant Morrison. uhuh

leonidas
low: doom/classic warlock
mid: nate gray
high: wolverine--or superman (rachel (phoenix) fits here as well)

TricksterPriest

Galan007

BullwinkleMoose

Medium: Swamp Thing

High: Infinity Man

Sirius77
High Herald: Zoom

Mid Herald: Juggernaut (classic)

Low Herald: Vulcan

Trying to kill that is.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Galan007
Wow, I had no idea that was Grant.

...I guess he's going for the cancer look nowadays? ermmnone It's from a music video from My Chemical Romance. He's a reccurent character in others aswell. Here's one:

hTgnDLWeeaM

The original appearance, I believe:

egG7fiE89IU

"Id"
Originally posted by 753
xman at mid?

I am cheating the list.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.