Deathstroke v.s Taskmaster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

praying-mantis
here is in my opinion a good battle what does everyone have to say?i
personally favor DS!

Mindset
mah dick is hard

BattleMage
Taskmaster in the end

Harbinger
Slade.

KingD19
I think it boils down too, does Taskmaster have the skill set on hand of someone who could take it to Slade?

Or a better question, can he survive long enough to get some DS moves of his own?

Existere
Deathstroke.

JakeTheBank
Deathstroke

Juk3n
A serious deathstroke wins.

long pig
TM is like batgirl. Neither one can read or copy his moves. And skillwise, anyone who loses his powers, and is down to regular human ability and can STILL beats the hell out of batman is one skilled mofo.

Deadline
DS.

Prep-Man
Toss up.

long pig
A toss up of a grenade? Show me any possible way TM can win?

Ubermensch
Two such prime white men should not fight.

praying-mantis
Taskmaster always keeps up with his skills and its always the best of the best and he has tons of weapons,i dont think DS has as many weapons but i think thats because he never needed to i dont know how
much a factor TM shield would be except to say that he HAS one and
can use it as good as cap,one of TM sayings is "whatever i cant duplicate i can anticipate" still i dont know seems close to me

Juk3n
Originally posted by long pig
TM is like batgirl. Neither one can read or copy his moves.

Taskmasters ability is beyond Cassies. He can copy Deathstrokes moves, what he can't do is operate at Deathstrokes increased pace for a long duration. Taskmaster can copy Spider-man, Elektra, Logan and Daredevil, he can copy Deathstroke dude!

long pig
Bro-sephus, I Know his feats. He's my favorite character. Like him way better than Stroke. But we both know the best he could do is fight like stroke, cept slower weaker and for a short time. His only hope is weapons, and Slade's weapons can hurt high heralds. TM can't who

the ninjak
Tell that to Thor.

Uriel005
The longer the match goes on the better taskmasters chances. If he can get to the point of predicting DS moves then it's over for Slade. 7/10 taskmaster. I believe he can last for the needed amount of time.

Dum Dum Dugan
Bro-sephus, I Know his feats. He's my favorite character. Like him way better than Stroke. But we both know the best he could do is fight like stroke, cept slower weaker and for a short time. His only hope is weapons, and Slade's weapons can hurt high heralds. TM can't who
slades standard weapons can not hurt high heralds, that an absurd claim.

JakeTheBank
The longer the fight goes on, the worse it is for Tasky, actually. Slade will heal and stay in peak condition and Taskmaster won't.

Juk3n
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The longer the fight goes on, the worse it is for Tasky, actually. Slade will heal and stay in peak condition and Taskmaster won't.

Batman has sent him home Limping, just sayin'!

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Juk3n
Batman has sent him home Limping, just sayin'!

Batman was also KTFO. wink

Juk3n
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Batman was also KTFO. wink

He was pretending..DUH! Try reading between the lines!

long pig
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
slades standard weapons can not hurt high heralds, that an absurd claim. His grenades are standard, and they stunned the entire jla and ko'd superboy. DS 10-10. way faster way smarter way stronger way better weapons. Just better. Oh, and didn't TM nearly die when he went 2x faster than human? either way he can't who. not one round.

long pig
Originally posted by Juk3n
Batman has sent him home Limping, just sayin'! Are you talking about the time when they fought and DS was powerless and still beat batman in h2h?

leonidas
slade.

TricksterPriest
LP: Tasky can do his super speed trick, but it drains him. Unfortunately, Slade is good enough that TM can't outskill him. Not to mention copying Slade's style is useless. His enhancements are a large part of his style. A normal human can't do it because the way he fights is too stressful for a normal human body. He moves like spider man.

Dum dum: What LP said. And his staff has pierced Hal's ring shield.

Dum Dum Dugan
His grenades are standard, and they stunned the entire jla and ko'd superboy. DS 10-10. way faster way smarter way stronger way better weapons. Just better. Oh, and didn't TM nearly die when he went 2x faster than human? either way he can't who. not one round.
his grandes that hurt heralds are not standard equipment, no more then his powerstaff. Trying to pass that off as standard equipment is absurd.

TricksterPriest
The staff is. So are the grenades. Slade has fantastic gear. His armor is made of prometheum I believe.

Edit: fixed the metal.

iceman24567
His staff isnt standard gear but grenades I beg to differ he keeps those in his belt pocket thing hes pulled them out on more than three occasions

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by iceman24567
His staff isnt standard gear but grenades I beg to differ he keeps those in his belt pocket thing hes pulled them out on more than three occasions
just because he pulled them out on more then three occassions does not make them standard gear. If that was the case batman would be on a whole different level.

standard equipment is what they use day to day consistently. Not items they rarely use when the plot calls for it.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The staff is. So are the grenades. Slade has fantastic gear. His armor is made of prometheum I believe.

Edit: fixed the metal.
No it not. His staff has not been standard gear in years almost a decade.

iceman24567
just because he pulled them out on more then three occassions does not make them standard gear. If that was the case batman would be on a whole different level.

standard equipment is what they use day to day consistently. Not items they rarely use when the plot calls for it. I dont agree hes show to use them enough thats its standard what rules say he must use it on a daily basis for it to be standard? So Batman cryopellets aren't standard he probably hasnt used them in his last dozen appearances?

srankmissingnin
TM is like batgirl. Neither one can read or copy his moves. And skillwise, anyone who loses his powers, and is down to regular human ability and can STILL beats the hell out of batman is one skilled mofo.

Slade had his powers both times he fought Batman solo...

Taskmaster could conceivable win, but he'd have to work for it and that isn't something Taskmaster likes to do. CIS on Slade puts on the heat and Taskmaster runs away, CIS off... well... he is essentially fighting a less skilled Captain America, Taskmaster should win.

Existere
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Taskmaster could conceivable win, but he'd have to work for it and that isn't something Taskmaster likes to do. CIS on Slade puts on the heat and Taskmaster runs away, CIS off... well... he is essentially fighting a less skilled Captain America, Taskmaster should win. I can agree with that assessment for the most part. I don't think Slade isn't necessarily less skilled (than Cap) by any wide margin, but I would give Cap the ultimate skill edge.

I think Slade makes up for it with sheer force though, as he fights to win by any means necessary, and while I think he's less skilled than Cap, I would argue that he's more dangerous overall. Weapons and attitude taken into account.

I suppose if we're talking CIS off though, that's a removal of personality and maybe weighing Slade's tactics against Cap's wouldn't be relevant.

Dum Dum Dugan
I dont agree hes show to use them enough thats its standard what rules say he must use it on a daily basis for it to be standard? So Batman cryopellets aren't standard he probably hasnt used them in his last dozen appearances?
By your logic wolverine has two maigcal swords, plus knifes and guns as standard equiptment.

Slade does not use his granades capable of hurt heralds anywhere near consistently enough to try and pretend it standard equipment.

Existere
By your logic wolverine has two maigcal swords, plus knifes and guns as standard equiptment.

Slade does not use his granades capable of hurt heralds anywhere near consistently enough to try and pretend it standard equipment. Well, we don't see whether they're "high herald hurting" grenades when they're used, but I was under the impression that he uses grenades with some frequency.

He also has pulled them out on the fly in the past, so it's not quite the same as Wolverine's magic swords, as we're given the impression that they were on his person at the right moment and came in handy, as opposed to being a very specific non-standard story item.

It's all speculation though.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Existere
Well, we don't see whether they're "high herald hurting" grenades when they're used, but I was under the impression that he uses grenades with some frequency.

He also has pulled them out on the fly in the past, so it's not quite the same as Wolverine's magic swords, as we're given the impression that they were on his person at the right moment and came in handy, as opposed to being a very specific non-standard story item.

It's all speculation though.
How does him using granades translate into having ones capable of taking out and hurting heralds as standard gear?

You do realize you just stated what batman does all the time, by such logic anything batman has every pulled out would be usable and that make him several tier above his current status.

Not really, it pretty easy to see what standard gear and whats not. Wolverien actually consistently used his sword more so then slade has used granades capable of hurting heralds. So what now wolverien magical sword is standard gear? come on people it not hard to tell whats standard and whats not.

srankmissingnin
Other than koing Superboy (and at the same time failing to ko Robin), there was no indication that it was anything other than a standard grenedae. I suppose we could just assume that it was a "super grenade!" (pat. pending)... but it's more likely PIS that Superboy was koed by a standard issue grenade.

@Existere: Slade has been soundly outfought by Nightwing on more than one occasion. It is his stats that make him formidable, not his skill, Slade isn't even in the same ball park as Steve Rogers in h2h skill.

TricksterPriest

Taskmaster could conceivable win, but he'd have to work for it and that isn't something Taskmaster likes to do. CIS on Slade puts on the heat and Taskmaster runs away, CIS off... well... he is essentially fighting a less skilled Captain America, Taskmaster should win.

Less skilled? Ok. But he's got far better stats and he's much faster on his reaction time.

This isn't a good fight for Taskmaster.

Dum Dum Dugan
Less skilled? Ok. But he's got far better stats and he's much faster on his reaction time.

He not much faster if really at all. Taskmaster has caught a bullet before.

Taskmaster will lose, but he put up quite the fight.

srankmissingnin

Slade is virtually a mirror image of Cap physically, except Cap has feats to support the various statements he has 20x human strength, where as Slade's just has hearsay...

Tasky has held his own against Cap several times.

Dum Dum Dugan
Other than koing Superboy (and at the same time failing to ko Robin), there was no indication that it was anything other than a standard grenedae. I suppose we could just assume that it was a "super grenade!" (pat. pending)... but it's more likely PIS that Superboy was koed by a standard issue grenade.

@Existere: Slade has been soundly outfought by Nightwing on more than one occasion. It is his stats that make him formidable, not his skill, Slade isn't even in the same ball park as Steve Rogers in h2h skill.

I kinda thought that was the case. Some individuals tend to over exaggerate many things when concerning slade. Remember when they had the forum belieing he was 15 plus tonner based off a non cannon feat lol.

Dum Dum Dugan
Slade is virtually a mirror image of Cap physically, except Cap has feats to support the various statements he has 20x human strength, where as Slade's just has hearsay...

Tasky has held his own against Cap several times.

It true, he even beat capt once I believe.

Existere
How does him using granades translate into having ones capable of taking out and hurting heralds as standard gear?

You do realize you just stated what batman does all the time, by such logic anything batman has every pulled out would be usable and that make him several tier above his current status.

Not really, it pretty easy to see what standard gear and whats not. Wolverien actually consistently used his sword more so then slade has used granades capable of hurting heralds. So what now wolverien magical sword is standard gear? come on people it not hard to tell whats standard and whats not. I never said that it did. I simply said he uses grenades...

What logic did I use? Capt/Battlehammer/whatever, let's break this down: I literally just said that he uses grenades with some frequency, and that they weren't plotcentric devices like magic swords. That's all.

I'm not sure what you think you're arguing against, but reassess please.

iceman24567

Slade does not use his granades capable of hurt heralds anywhere near consistently enough to try and pretend it standard equipment. His grenades are standard them being able to hurt heralds seems to be pis I remember an instance when Donna Troy was rocked by one several upgrades ago erm

Dum Dum Dugan
His grenades are standard them being able to hurt heralds seems to be pis I remember an instance when Donna Troy was rocked by one several upgrades ago erm
That was mo problem was with herald KOing granades. I have no real problem with standard granades being standard equipment.

Though even then it debatable. In the last two years I bet you could find more instances of wolverine using his sword then slade using granades, just some food for thought.

iceman24567
That was mo problem was with herald KOing granades. I have no real problem with standard granades being standard equipment.

Though even then it debatable. In the last two years I bet you could find more instances of wolverine using his sword then slade using granades, just some food for thought. You do realizes Wolverine has a hell of alot more appearances in comics than Slade right just food for thought

Dum Dum Dugan
I never said that it did. I simply said he uses grenades...

What logic did I use? Capt/Battlehammer/whatever, let's break this down: I literally just said that he uses grenades with some frequency, and that they weren't plotcentric devices like magic swords. That's all.

I'm not sure what you think you're arguing against, but reassess please.
which i agree though not nearl as frequently as some suggest.

The fact you said on the fly and on his person, which would mean any item batman used, was my point.

also what was the point of saying my old account names?

Dum Dum Dugan
You do realizes Wolverine has a hell of alot more appearances in comics than Slade right just food for thought
true, but I also bet you wolverine more consistently used it to boot, just food for thought.( also I like to point out, that I only brought wolverine up because I have lot of knolwdge of him, which makes it easy for me to use as an example. Please do not try to make this into wolverine vs slade, im looking at you masterbruce)

but I degress, my problem was with long pig suggesting slade has granades capable of taking out heralds standard one him. Which is absurd. Also surprised you had zero rpoblem with such a comment.

iceman24567
true, but I also bet you wolverine more consistently used it to boot, just food for thought.

but I degress, my problem was with long pig suggesting slade has granades capable of taking out heralds standard one him. Which is absurd. Also surprised you had zero rpoblem with such a comment. It has everytingthing to do with everything Wolverine is in what 5 books? Even if he used a sword once a month in one book thats still more than we even see Slade in any book. Why use Wolverine as an example? Threw out Slades 30 year career he has used grenades enough for them to be standard imo I rather hear a mod ruling on the subject than you using ****ing Wolverine as an example laughing

Dum Dum Dugan
It has everytingthing to do with everything Wolverine is in what 5 books? Even if he used a sword once a month in one book thats still more than we even see Slade in any book.

Actaully this is piss poor arguement. Because the more showing you have the far harder it is to maintain consistency. If slade really has such item as standard equipment, he easily be far more consistently potrayed using them then wolverine.

Why use Wolverine as an example? Threw out Slades 30 year career he has used grenades enough for them to be standard

Items and equiptment is not like speed and strength showings. People standard euiptment changes. DS is a perfect example of this. He used to have a power staff as standard euiptment that has not been the case in years even a decade. So try and pretend that 30 years wort of comic is relevent to his current standard equipment is simply out outrageous.

imo I rather hear a mod ruling on the subject than you using ****ing Wolverine as an example laughing

Ask a mod I really do not care. But there really no reason to laugh at my argument, it is very relevent.

iceman24567
sad Damn your edit. I wasnt laughing at your argument I was laughing at using Wolverine the most used chracter in comics as an example

Dum Dum Dugan
sad Damn your edit. I wasnt laughing at your argument I was laughing at using Wolverine the most used chracter in comics as an example
He not the most used, it spiderman. I used him because I have lots of knowledge on him and it an easy gauge for me. The amount of showings he has also make it harder to maintain consistency, so it good way to determine just how consistent a character actually uses said standard equipment.

And glad to hear it, that you were not laughing at my arguement. Because I believe it was a valid point, though people may disagree with the conclusion.

iceman24567
Damn a double edit brah? I agree with the whole current standard gear thing which is why I agreed with his staff not being currently standard for him but his grenades are a different story imo. Again I rather not hear you using a Wolverine as an example

Silent Master
If there was a list of overused characters in Marvel....Wolverine would be in the top 3.

Dum Dum Dugan
Damn a double edit brah? I agree with the whole current standard gear thing which is why I agreed with his staff not being currently standard for him but his grenades are a different story imo. Again I rather not hear you using a Wolverine as an example

I double edit, because I type, to fast some times and leave words out accidentally.

Granades could be a different story, but you have yet to bring forth a convincing argument or really any argument for why they are standard. Can you even show him using them three times in the last 5 years? (even then I not sure that classify as standard equipment) and with out one sided prep because that defeat the purpose lol.

You not liking me using wolverine as an example does not counter the fact it quite a valid example and argument.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Silent Master
If there was a list of overused characters in Marvel....Wolverine would be in the top 3.
yea we all know yad yad, who cares. Has no point on the thread.

Silent Master
Then why'd you bring him up?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Silent Master
Then why'd you bring him up?
if you read the whole debate, you could answer that question yourself.

him being overused is irrelevant. Even him as a character is irrelevant, were discussing what defines standard equipment and I used him as an example.

iceman24567
I double edit, because I type, to fast some times and leave words out accidentally.

Granades could be a different story, but you have yet to bring forth a convincing argument or really any argument for why they are standard. Can you even show him using them three times in the last 5 years? (even then I not sure that classify as standard equipment) and with out one sided prep because that defeat the purpose lol.

You not liking me using wolverine as an example does not counter the fact it quite a valid example and argument. Yes of course me not liking Wolverine as an example doesnt counter your argument but again his frequency in comicdom makes consistency foggy in his case hell you agreed before your double edit. I already stated that he has used grenades numerous times in the past and present thats my argument

Silent Master

Dum Dum Dugan
edit, I like silent answer better

Dum Dum Dugan

iceman24567
correct, thank you my friend.You said it perfectly and I was unable to say it, even haft as good. I know because I tried 3 times already lol. Agreed

Dum Dum Dugan
Agreed
laughing

you get it now? confused

Existere
which i agree though not nearl as frequently as some suggest.

The fact you said on the fly and on his person, which would mean any item batman used, was my point.

also what was the point of saying my old account names? No, it wouldn't mean any item Batman used. Yes, Batman's items are also on the fly and on his person, which distinguish them from items like Wolverine's magic swords. However, what I ALSO wrote was that Slade utilizes grenades with some frequency.

I've now stated it three times.

I stated your old account names because I don't remember ever speaking to you as "Dum Dum Dugan" and it felt odd.

Dum Dum Dugan
No, it wouldn't mean any item Batman used. Yes, Batman's items are also on the fly and on his person, which distinguish them from items like Wolverine's magic swords. However, what I ALSO wrote was that Slade utilizes grenades with some frequency.

I've now stated it three times.

I stated your old account names because I don't remember ever speaking to you as "Dum Dum Dugan" and it felt odd.

Except he does not use them that frequently and hasent in years. That wolverine has more freuqently and consistently use his magiacal sword over the last two years then slade has granades.

and ive now answered three times.

thats cool cool

praying-mantis
"standard equipment" is actually what the comicbook company either
"designed"the character to have OR what the majority of mainstream
writers have written them with that is accepted by the public and not changed not say parralel version, id say TM standard weapons are at
least 1 version of a weapon used by each mainstream marvel char,
caps shield,hawkeyes bow,daredevils billyclub,punishers 45,black knights sword,and i know he has magnesium grenades to blind ppl
now i dont know DS"standard gear but id thought it was a "powerful"cannon/staff equal to a laser/bazooka,a sword that wasnt normal,also highly powerful grenades that were tiny(looked like pellets)
and carried smg's and guns id also seen he had optical enhancements

YFZ 350
Slade wins

Magneto1982
The Terminator is a goner!

Marvelknight
Originally posted by praying-mantis
"standard equipment" is actually what the comicbook company either
"designed"the character to have OR what the majority of mainstream
writers have written them with that is accepted by the public and not changed not say parralel version, id say TM standard weapons are at
least 1 version of a weapon used by each mainstream marvel char,
caps shield,hawkeyes bow,daredevils billyclub,punishers 45,black knights sword,and i know he has magnesium grenades to blind ppl
now i dont know DS"standard gear but id thought it was a "powerful"cannon/staff equal to a laser/bazooka,a sword that wasnt normal,also highly powerful grenades that were tiny(looked like pellets)
and carried smg's and guns id also seen he had optical enhancements

Agreed 100% I have most of Slade's appearances. Those are definitely his standard equipment. Especially the sword, power-staff and pellet bombs.

jinzin
I kinda feel like Taskmaster is either getting underestimated or DS is getting overestimated.

In a standard fight I think Taskmaster will take this barring superior equiptment from DS coming into play, which it very well could. TM sometimes has top of the line weapons and whatnot, and sometimes he has 2nd rate hand-me-downs.

If the two were equally equipted more or less, then TM would take the majority IMO.

Mindset
Originally posted by jinzin
I kinda feel like Taskmaster is either getting underestimated or DS is getting overestimated.
It's usually both.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Mindset
It's usually both.

yeah, reading through this thread I can see that. There are some bizarre arguments like:

Deathstroke's stats are too much for Taskmaster to handle- ignoring the fact that Tasky has beaten down Rogers and Panther- two marvel fighters who are definitely on or above DS' level in stats.

Taskmaster somehow won't be able to emulate Deathstroke's fighting style because of DS' stats (comparing it to spiderman), despite the fact he has rogers' moves copied so well that he trains other people in that same style, and he's used spiderman's moves in combat many, many times.

Tasky is definitely being underrated here. I'd probably give him a slight majority. There's not much combat wise Deathstroke can do that Cap couldn't, and even those grenades won't do much against a guy who runs around with a gigantic shield as standard equipment.

Marvelknight
Slade 7-10.

h1a8
toss up.

namorsubby
Good match up. Slade...surprising choice, I know.

namorsubby

Tasky has held his own against Cap several times. lol he's not that strong.

Mshinu
Good fight, I`d say Tasky 6 maybe 6.5 of 10.

SamZED
Too close. Im undecided.

carver9
Deathstroke.

SamZED
Tasky can be a real beast. Remember how he held his own against both Cap?

carver9
Originally posted by SamZED
Tasky can be a real beast. Remember how he held his own against both Cap?

He can be a beast but it's on rare occasions. Cap was probably holding back and I think the fight you are talking about happened during classic days. I also cant see Deathstroke running from and being punked by Deadpool.

SamZED
It happened during Siege so a recent fight. It was him vs Cap and Bucky.

Deadpool is like Tasky's kryptonite, he's even beaten him without his HF.
And a serious DP can definitely cause DS some serious trouble. He just took on Crossbones while holding back big time. Then Batroc, Trapster and Paladin also while holding back.

carver9
Didn't see that fight. Does anyone have scans or the issue #?

Omega Vision
Deathstroke, but it would be a neat match.

SamZED
Originally posted by carver9
Didn't see that fight. Does anyone have scans or the issue #?
From his respect thread. Credit for posting to AlmoghtyKfish.

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

This is from the latest issue and is pretty damn impressive. Taskmaster fights Steve and Bucky at the same time, then just Bucky.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/th_2Caps-1.jpghttp://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/th_2Caps-2.jpghttp://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/th_2Caps-3.jpghttp://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/th_2Caps-4.jpghttp://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z259/almightykfish/Taskmaster%20Respect%20thread/th_2Caps-5.jpg
Note how he's deflecting bullets whilst fighting Steve, and the only time either Steve or Bucky tag Tasky is when he's distracted by the other one (throwing sword at Bucky and yelling after Steve when he goes to fight Osborn).
Pretty impressive as we all know how good Cap is, and Bucky is one of the worlds greatest assassins and was reknowned for his h2h skills. he also tooled Venom (Flash) recently which is an insane feat.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
From his respect thread. Credit for posting to AlmoghtyKfish.

Keep providing carv with scans and he'll never read a comic. You're not helping him.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon4.gif

pym-ftw
The Master of Tasks wins.

deathslash
If this is pre-DCNU then Taskmaster takes this in the end. If this is New52 Deathstroke then he wins.

namorsubby
I guess some seem to have forgotten how many times Slade has engaged, contended with, and/or defeated countless groups of heroes in close combat. Many of those showings are more impressive than fighting cap and bucky.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.