Greatest Douche Ever!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM

JakeTheBank
I have to say, I really am tired of the Hood under Bendis. The guy is a power junkie and has lost any semblance to anything remotely interesting. A pawn of Dormammu? Norn Stones? And now the Infinity Gems? All in a relatively short span of time, too. It's old.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I have to say, I really am tired of the Hood under Bendis. The guy is a power junkie and has lost any semblance to anything remotely interesting. A pawn of Dormammu? Norn Stones? And now the Infinity Gems? All in a relatively short span of time, too. It's old.

my sentiments exactly, i mean, wtf there is absolutely no room for character development, its like Bendis is saying........what if a "gangsta" HAVE THE POWERS OF A GAWD...and then they depower him and give him yet ANOTHER upgrade

jalek moye
I thought he was decent as a guy being slowly possed by Dormammu or what not. *shrug*

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by jalek moye
I thought he was decent as a guy being slowly possed by Dormammu or what not. *shrug*

I thought that bit was good, especially if he was going to be a perennial foe of Brother Voodoo, but giving him Norn Stones and now the IG...it's ridiculous.

-Pr-
Lex Luthor is up there for me. I remember a scene from a while back where he pulls the whole "Indecent Proposal" thing on some poor woman, and almost cackles when he leaves her in the lurch.

He's not just bad, he's cruel; it's as ingrained in him as Superman's goodness is in him. And he's not one of these "I hate what I am" villains; he's perfectly happy being what he is. Most of the time anyway.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Lex Luthor is up there for me. I remember a scene from a while back where he pulls the whole "Indecent Proposal" thing on some poor woman, and almost cackles when he leaves her in the lurch.

He's not just bad, he's cruel; it's as ingrained in him as Superman's goodness is in him. And he's not one of these "I hate what I am" villains; he's perfectly happy being what he is. Most of the time anyway. but we know that deep down he just wants to be superman

Damborgson

SquallX
Too me most Super hero that has no powers what so ever, yet they still talk trash to the heroes, because they know the heroes won't snap there necks. Cause there heroes.

In my case Batman. God i want Superman to snap his neck just once, even if its was a dream, or illusion.

Badabing
Originally posted by SquallX
Too me most Super hero that has no powers what so ever, yet they still talk trash to the heroes, because they know the heroes won't snap there necks. Cause there heroes.

In my case Batman. God i want Superman to snap his neck just once, even if its was a dream, or illusion. You've just made a fatal mistake! You blasphemous wretch...sneer

JakeTheBank
Lol, the adverts on this page are hilarious btw.

inimalist
Originally posted by 753
it's better than carrying a shield and hanging out with thor, if you ask me

this, 9/10

Bouboumaster
Cyclops is a douchebag of the highest order. Not a dick, but for sure a douche.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Cyclops is a douchebag of the highest order. Not a dick, but for sure a douche.

Pre Fraction, he was just uptight. Nowadays, though... Yeah.

Pre Fraction, he was just uptight. Nowadays, though... Yeah. could be worse, what if your favourite charatcer was bishop?

SquallX
Originally posted by Badabing
You've just made a fatal mistake! You blasphemous wretch...sneer

Snaps his neck, break his spine, hang the BATMAN. Hang the douche. cool evil face

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
could be worse, what if your favourite charatcer was bishop?

Ha.

SquallX
Originally posted by 753
could be worse, what if your favourite charatcer was bishop?

Bishop was actually a pretty good character until recently.

Q99

He's not just bad, he's cruel; it's as ingrained in him as Superman's goodness is in him. And he's not one of these "I hate what I am" villains; he's perfectly happy being what he is. Most of the time anyway.

Luthor does vary era to era.

And yea, I remember that time- he made the offer, then left, so that she'd be in the position of knowing she'd agree without actually getting any money. Just to be a jerk. He also once had a martial arts sparing partner killed for beating him.

80s/90s Lex was bad. By the time of the 00s, he had gained more dignity and tended to limit his evil to bigger, less petty stuff.

TricksterPriest
I was going to say Darkseid, and he's definitely up there. But I thought: "Wait. He's the god of tyranny. Of course he's going to be a douche, it's his job description and indeed his very being." So, I'm gonna single out someone else.

I'm going to call out Professor Charles Xavier. His contingency kill plans for all the X-men, his using his powers on his brother, his failure to deal with his own psyche which resulted in Onslaught, the whole vulcan situation, his actions as a member of the illuminati, his HUGE need to keep everything secret and practically sabotaging his own team.....

yeah, he's a douche. thumb down He didn't use to be, but over time, he's turned into a magnificent douchebag, instead of this great humanitarian, the mutant mandela (as I'm reasonably sure he was perceived at one time.) He's not the man we thought he was, and whether it's poor writing or not, he's a douche.

The Pict
I quite liked Parker Robbins in his first appearance. And I liked the idea of some small time crook gaining demonic powers and gathering all the C-list villains under him.
But since he got involved in the Cabal, Dark Reign, Avengers Iniative and all that he's kinda sucked.

Cyclops is a douche nowadays, and I've never liked Damian Wayne. Acted like a douche from the moment he appeared.

Originally posted by Badabing
You've just made a fatal mistake! You blasphemous wretch...sneer

laughing out loud

rotiart
Wolverine.

Parmaniac

In my case Batman. God i want Superman to snap his neck just once, even if its was a dream, or illusion. Supes flew his head off in a Superman/Batman issue not long ago. It was a dialogue between 2 kids, good issue.

Q99
Not really Greatest Ever, but one of the most facepalm ones during Civil War- "Captain America, your side of 'protecting people's rights' is wrong because you don't get myspace!"

Bishop was actually a pretty good character until recently. that's my point

Deadline

Originally posted by Deadline

It is? yeah, trust me

the ninjak
Mary Jane I'm happy Peter erased her. Best thing he ever did.

Deadline
Originally posted by 753
yeah, trust me

How? I think I know what you're going to say.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Q99
Not really Greatest Ever, but one of the most facepalm ones during Civil War- "Captain America, your side of 'protecting people's rights' is wrong because you don't get myspace!" Oh she is definitely a douche.

And some kind soul was nice enough to photoshop in Cap giving her the response she deserves.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s102/Linkara/AT4W/Capsright.jpg

If only Marvel had had the same guts.......sad

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Oh she is definitely a douche.

And some kind soul was nice enough to photoshop in Cap giving her the response she deserves.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s102/Linkara/AT4W/Capsright.jpg

If only Marvel had had the same guts.......sad
Heh, I posted that in a discussion thread some months back. Great edit.

Zack Fair
"I'm going to say my piece and let Ben translate to dumb ***** for you later" ****ing Awesome

TricksterPriest
The fact that Marvel never had anyone make a speech against the registration act, or hell, even gave Cap one chance to address the nation, is insulting and betrays their bias. I give you even money that if Cap had made a speech pointing how wrong the act was, the people in the marvel universe would have turned on Tony instantly.

Then again.........Marvel earth is populated by suicidal lemmings and idiots. sad

Q99
The fact that Marvel never had anyone make a speech against the registration act, or hell, even gave Cap one chance to address the nation, is insulting and betrays their bias. I give you even money that if Cap had made a speech pointing how wrong the act was, the people in the marvel universe would have turned on Tony instantly.

Then again.........Marvel earth is populated by suicidal lemmings and idiots. sad

One really dumb one is by a random civilian from an old Avengers.

A mindless beast, giant claws and fangs (or something like that. Might've been aliens or villains, but I think monsters. Something obviously deadly), attacks and almost kills someone. Vision saves her. She then runs to a cop or someone like that and asks to be saved from him, Vision. Because 'he's so cold,' and not human, and she needs to be saved from him.

Not 15 seconds after he clearly saved her life. While he's in earshot.

inimalist

the same way people in the real world are moved to defend freedo... oh wait...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
One really dumb one is by a random civilian from an old Avengers.

A mindless beast, giant claws and fangs (or something like that. Might've been aliens or villains, but I think monsters. Something obviously deadly), attacks and almost kills someone. Vision saves her. She then runs to a cop or someone like that and asks to be saved from him, Vision. Because 'he's so cold,' and not human, and she needs to be saved from him.

Not 15 seconds after he clearly saved her life. While he's in earshot.
"And that, little computer program, is the story of the impetus for the great Artificial Life Revolution of the Late 90s. The humans were dicks."

Parmaniac
Marvel earth is populated by suicidal lemmings and idiots. sad We're living in the marvel world?

Q99
Originally posted by Omega Vision
"And that, little computer program, is the story of the impetus for the great Artificial Life Revolution of the Late 90s. The humans were dicks."

Marvel civilians apparently don't recognize deeds when judging someone when there's the alternative of going by appearance.

Or self-preservation.

SquallX
Originally posted by the ninjak
Mary Jane I'm happy Peter erased her. Best thing he ever did.

I thought she did that, and Peter only forgot about her because that was what Mephisto wanted for mind raping the world.

Or am i wrong. confused

Sin I AM

I think she mean't douche as in shit character.

Correct, like Emma, she's a kunt But i can be a kunt from time to time so i respect that. Then there's Luthor who's just a dick. But a douchebag underserving of attention shite character like Sentry.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99
Luthor does vary era to era.

And yea, I remember that time- he made the offer, then left, so that she'd be in the position of knowing she'd agree without actually getting any money. Just to be a jerk. He also once had a martial arts sparing partner killed for beating him.

80s/90s Lex was bad. By the time of the 00s, he had gained more dignity and tended to limit his evil to bigger, less petty stuff.

Sometimes petty is good, i think.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Correct, like Emma, she's a kunt But i can be a kunt from time to time so i respect that. Then there's Luthor who's just a dick. But a douchebag underserving of attention shite character like Sentry.

Oh, ok.

Superboy Prime.

JakeTheBank

laughing thumb up

Simbon

Exactly. In my dickery thread, a lot of people didn't seem to get that it's not about being evil. Most villains aren't actually huge ass-holes -- they're just evil. Lex really is a dick.

Simbon
Oh yeah. Star fox.

Sin I AM

Superboy Prime.

hmmmmmmm, i concur...but coming from you i find this a bit...strange. i thought you were a fan of all things super

Originally posted by Simbon
Oh yeah. Star fox.

the eternal? whats so bad about him

Simbon
hmmmmmmm, i concur...but coming from you i find this a bit...strange. i thought you were a fan of all things super

Made she-hulk marry Jameson, and is possibly a rapist. Also, just look at him.

-Pr-

not really. prime's a whiney little b*tch, and it annoys me that superman hasn't just punched his lights out for being such a, well, sissy boy.

well, hasn't punched him out since the last time...

chomperx9
1 Thanos
2 Superman
3 Doom
4 Kyle GL
5 Ice man

TricksterPriest

You have to respect Prime's power. But as a character? Yeah, he's a whiny emo-*****.

Pr: he had help the last few times they fought. Alot of help in SC War.

Nobody has anything to say about my calling out Xavier?

-Pr-
You have to respect Prime's power. But as a character? Yeah, he's a whiny emo-*****.

Pr: he had help the last few times they fought. Alot of help in SC War.

Nobody has anything to say about my calling out Xavier?

Xavier is a massive douchebag, I agree, but he's a good character too.

Deadline
not really. prime's a whiney little b*tch, and it annoys me that superman hasn't just punched his lights out for being such a, well, sissy boy.

well, hasn't punched him out since the last time...

I can see why people find him annoying. But I think everybody would be a whiney ***** if you went through what SBP did. He was an interesting character at first but it seems they haven't developed him further so that gets annoying.

Q99

Oh, one more thing I had forgotten: The person she ran to for protection? Warcry of all people.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Lamashtar/deadavengers1-4.jpg

He's in earshot and the danger's not even passed!

Sin I AM
lol i like vision he's like a poor mans martian manhunter

SquallX
Originally posted by Q99
Oh, one more thing I had forgotten: The person she ran to for protection? Warcry of all people.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Lamashtar/deadavengers1-4.jpg

He's in earshot and the danger's not even passed!

***** deserves a pimp slap. smokin'

Bouboumaster
http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/wong/creepyc/starfox1.jpg

You see this?

This, alone, makes Starfox a countender.

But I still put Cyclops above amybody else in the douchebag department.

Here, look at this:

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/dan/husbands/summers4.jpg

Cyclops wins hands down.

Black bolt z
Dr. Light?

Zack Fair

You see this?

That means he is http://graphicsfactory.graphicsfactory.netdna-cdn.com/clip-art/image_files/image/2/1362832-Charlie-Sheen-Winning.gif

Here, look at this:

Cyclops wins hands down.

A douche and a moron. Only he would do shit like that with 2 telepaths.

King Kandy
I doubt many have read the comic, but in an issue of Warlock Starfox let Pip risk his life against this super-pimp to free up one of his girls, then stole the credit to hit on her. Some grade A douche behavior and he's got that same damn expression the whole time.

inimalist
Originally posted by King Kandy
I doubt many have read the comic, but in an issue of Warlock Starfox let Pip risk his life against this super-pimp to free up one of his girls, then stole the credit to hit on her. Some grade A douche behavior and he's got that same damn expression the whole time.

that seems like the least effective way to sleep with a prostitute..

psycho gundam
i don't get sentry hate

SquallX
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i don't get sentry hate

Sentry just suck balls. To be a douche, the character needs to have at least some respect, and Sentry has none.

He's just another bad rip off of Superman, and nothing more.

Well if sucking is a skill, then Sentry for the win.

Q99
***** deserves a pimp slap. smokin'

Made worse by who she's complaining to: Deathcry, Shi'ar assassin.

Deathcry.

If you're complaining about Vision to Deathcry, and she has more empathy than you, you're doing it wrong.

psycho gundam
Sentry just suck balls. To be a douche, the character needs to have at least some respect, and Sentry has none.

He's just another bad rip off of Superman, and nothing more.

Well if sucking is a skill, then Sentry for the win. http://i49.tinypic.com/14aaohf.gif exhibit: A

Dr Will Hatch

You see this?

This fits my definition of a douche. An a.sshole can be a lot of things, but a douche imo should be smug to the max, and this picture couldn't be anymore smug if Starfox was posing in the mirror ala American Psycho while humping She-Hulk.

RE: Blaxican
Can someone intelligent please explain to me how Sentry is a rip-off of Superman?

King Kandy
Originally posted by inimalist
that seems like the least effective way to sleep with a prostitute..
iirc, she was his girlfriend before the pimp got her, which, just means the guy won't fight his own battles even more.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Can someone intelligent please explain to me how Sentry is a rip-off of Superman?

He's not, not really. He does have similar elements/concepts to Superman, though. Flying brick powers, powers based/linked/fueled/otherwise connected to the sun, the "s" motif, being Earth's "greatest hero".

But no, I wouldn't call him more of or even the same level as a Superman analogue as I would Gladiator or Hyperion.

inimalist
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i49.tinypic.com/14aaohf.gif exhibit: A

hes a lame character /shrug

-Pr-

Bendis once called him "Marvel's Superman" in the early days on New Avengers. It's just that since then, the character has shifted so much so that the similarities between the two are as little as they've ever been.

Here, look at this:

Cyclops wins hands down.

because context doesn't matter, right? ermm

I can see why people find him annoying. But I think everybody would be a whiney ***** if you went through what SBP did. He was an interesting character at first but it seems they haven't developed him further so that gets annoying.

plenty of characters have lost the people close to them and managed. Prime just seems extra whiney imo.

Omega Vision
I think there was a definite attempt, at least at first, by Marvel to make him fill the Superman niche as the greatest hero of the world, a powerful hero who everyone looked up to and who basically tied the hero community together.

JakeTheBank
I think there was a definite attempt, at least at first, by Marvel to make him fill the Superman niche as the greatest hero of the world, a powerful hero who everyone looked up to and who basically tied the hero community together.

There was that, yeah.

Honestly, I didn't have much of an issue with Sentry being powerful as much as I did having him shoe-horned into canon and having all these characters in the Marvel U act like he was their personal Jesus and a better human being than the rest of them. If was, say, some random ass guy who showed up in the modern universe or an omega level mutant - cliche, I know - it would have been better received than some guy who had been there at around the same time as the first modern Marvel heroes, the Fantastic Four, and was lauded as the greatest and most powerful hero in the planet that we all "forgot" about.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
There was that, yeah.

Honestly, I didn't have much of an issue with Sentry being powerful as much as I did having him shoe-horned into canon and having all these characters in the Marvel U act like he was their personal Jesus and a better human being than the rest of them. If was, say, some random ass guy who showed up in the modern universe or an omega level mutant - cliche, I know - it would have been better received than some guy who had been there at around the same time as the first modern Marvel heroes, the Fantastic Four, and was lauded as the greatest and most powerful hero in the planet that we all "forgot" about.

Yeah, they really overdid the "omg look how wonderful he is" aspect of the character.

Omega Vision
My main problem with the Sentry is that Marvel ****ing ruined him with a constantly fluctuating story and characterization.

He could have been a good character if Marvel had known what to do with him.

JakeTheBank
Yeah. Honestly, I would have liked him as a neophyte hero with mental/psychological issues; not enough of those in the medium, at least portrayed in a way that's not as simple as "He's f'n crazy, man" or used as a gimmick. Ideally, I would have just introduced him as a new hero to the Marvel Universe instead of attaching all this nonsense of backstory to him and all these needless character relationships.

TricksterPriest
Hence, why I once said, "They should have let Morrison write him. He might have saved him."

his original mini was excellent. they should have left it at that

King Kandy
They made the character a confusing mess... they should have picked one angle and covered it.

1st: Void is some evil part of Sentry's mind, but he can deal with it because the good within him can win.

2nd: Void and Sentry are both just persona's that he generates because he's a ****ed up schizophrenic with superpowers.

3rd: Void is some evil entity from ancient times and Sentry is actually just the cover.

Because they never had a long-term plan with this character inconsistencies just piled up until they were reduced to throwing one plot device retcon after another to patch it up... and finally resorting to just killing the guy when that failed.

Knowsbleed33
Hercules and Iron Man.

Supermutant
http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/289/737002ultnamor7super.th.jpg

SquallX
Originally posted by Supermutant
http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/289/737002ultnamor7super.th.jpg

Is that Sue Storm? And if that's her, why is Namor slapping her.

Honestly what the **** is wrong with Marvel's writer. Is it a fetish of them to have females being slap left and right. Worse yet, there not even normal, but powerful females.

SquallX
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Hercules and Iron Man.

Iron Man of course, but why Hercules.

Supermutant
Is that Sue Storm? And if that's her, why is Namor slapping her.

Honestly what the **** is wrong with Marvel's writer. Is it a fetish of them to have females being slap left and right. Worse yet, there not even normal, but powerful females.

Ultimate Namor the ultimate douche. She did drop a truck on him afterward.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.