A better way of determining the winner of a fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
I realize this will be closed, but I beg you to leave it open because the topic needs debate, ironed out and made a rule. There's no clear, logical forum wide ruling on how to judge a fight. Most think the fight should go on until someone is dead or KO'd.. Not only is this illogical, but biased towards characters who can't die or be k.o'd-i.e Jugs and other invulnerables. Even the streetleve linvulnerables who have no other powers are stalemating Superman. Why? Cuz Sup' can't hurt or kill em. That's no way to determine a winner. My proposal is this: All bouts should be judged by MMA point fighting rules. All fights are 5 five minute rounds with each character getting ten points or less (The winner of the round getting ten, the loser getting nine or less. Points r given 2 those who would have the better Power Strikes/Blasts pinpoint strikes. Aggression. Control. Dictation of where the fight takes place. Who inflicts more damage. evasiveness. PLZ DON'T SHUT THIS THREAD. let it live 2 b debated.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by long pig
All bouts should be judged by MMA point fighting rules. All fights are 5 five minute rounds with each character getting ten points or less (The winner of the round getting ten, the loser getting nine or less. Points r given 2 those who would have the better Power Strikes/Blasts pinpoint strikes. Aggression. Control. Dictation of where the fight takes place. Who inflicts more damage. evasiveness. No

And Thanos is considered the looser when he actually WOULD die.

long pig
Continued....I may be missing some rules so add or correct if needed. EXAMPLE OF NEW SYSTEM: SURFER VS JUGG. Under current rules this is basically a stalemate because Jugg can't reach SS and SS can't hurt him. Under the proposed MMA rules, it's a five round unanimouse decision. Mainly cuz SS would land billions of blasts and punches whilst Jug doesn't land a single punch.

Parmaniac
Continued....I may be missing some rules so add or correct if needed. EXAMPLE OF NEW SYSTEM: SURFER VS JUGG. Under current rules this is basically a stalemate because Jugg can't reach SS and SS can't hurt him. Under the proposed MMA rules, it's a five round unanimouse decision. Mainly cuz SS would land billions of blasts and punches whilst Jug doesn't land a single punch. In stuff like this we could just say "It's a stalemate" plus "but Surfer is the dominant force"

long pig
Originally posted by Parmaniac
No

And Thanos is considered the looser when he actually WOULD die. I didn't get it. But, i was about to say that Thanos fanboys would hate this idea cuz he'd start losing every thread. Either way, from now on i'm using this formula for every thread.

long pig
In stuff like this we could just say "It's a stalemate" plus "but Surfer is the dominant force" Sure, but only on an optional basis. I'm asking for the mods to add this new system as a formal part of vs forum rules. It will help streamline the bs and get rid of fanboys.

Parmaniac
I think there are exceptions though, like in a team match including Thanos, I think if he goes down and his team still stands he can return, depending on how long he needs to revive. Same for guys with massive HFs.

Parmaniac
Sure, but only on an optional basis. I'm asking for the mods to add this new system as a formal part of vs forum rules. It will help streamline the bs and get rid of fanboys. I don't have a prob with adding this thing but I personal dislike the MMA system.

gotta go now.

Q99
A lot of people say "They win X out of 10" anyway.

Also I think it doesn't really portray a comic fight well, which are only rarely in rounds. So I say no.

long pig
I don't have a prob with adding this thing but I personal dislike the MMA system.

gotta go now. aw, don't go. You seemed logical. I agree, the ufc system is f'd up. But the soon-to-be-implemented judging system is perfect. That's the one I'm going by. I'm not saying we should do what I say, i'm saying let us, the logical posters work together to create a better judging system.

inimalist
na, this biases way too much in favor of fast characters. also, why is a stalemate an undesirable outcome?

like, this is a solution to a problem I didn't even realize existed

Starscream M
Originally posted by inimalist
na, this biases way too much in favor of fast characters. also, why is a stalemate an undesirable outcome?

like, this is a solution to a problem I didn't even realize existed imo, a stalemate isn't really even possible in virtually 99% of comic fights.

long pig
It's not bias, dude. The reason why faster characters would do better is because in real life that's who'd do better. A stalemate is a waste of time, space and turns into fanboy havens. Also it'd be easier for everyone to grasp the concept of the fight if we all had the same image in our head. jesus, you guys are a tough crowed.

Starscream M
It's not bias, dude. The reason why faster characters would do better is because in real life that's who'd do better. A stalemate is a waste of time, space and turns into fanboy havens. Also it'd be easier for everyone to grasp the concept of the fight if we all had the same image in our head. jesus, you guys are a tough crowed. your suggestion is illogical because wolverine can potentially win against juggernaut under your logic

inimalist
It's not bias, dude. The reason why faster characters would do better is because in real life that's who'd do better.

well, yes, it is a bias, however, you think the bias is justified because, iyo, fast people are going to win more often than not.

However, if we define winning as hitting more often, then sure, but that is entirely circular logic.

A stalemate is a waste of time, space and turns into fanboy havens.

not really. most threads with popular characters turn into fanboy havens anyways, and a stalemate is an accurate description of what would happen in many fights.

so like, lets use Man-Thing vs Shang Chi as an example. Shang can't win the fight, and would eventually lose, but in your system, would win every time simply because he is able to make more completely ineffective strikes against Man-Thing than Manny would need to land on Shang to win, and shang would make them faster. Hell, MMA rules would probably call it a TKO for shang chi.

Your system introduces countless instances like this. In fact, Spider-Man vs Wolverine would becomes complete nonsense

Also it'd be easier for everyone to grasp the concept of the fight if we all had the same image in our head.

I don't see how this will increase consistency at all. If anything, it will make things far more complex, as arguments about "how many times can wolverine punch in a second" become relevant.

It is nonsense arguments like that which weigh down threads. In the current system it is largely irrelevant, but in your system, every fight with wolverine would hinge on this matter.

Further, things are inconsistent because comics themselves are. a MMA style points system would almost necessitate very well documented and evidenced stats for each character on a host of things. We (as in the forums) can't agree on whether Spider-Man or Wolverine have faster reflexes, and yet we are supposed to all have the same image in our head as to which one would land more solid blows, and further, we are all supposed to agree that number of blows = win?

jesus, you guys are a tough crowed.

ya, its our fault your idea doesn't work

GRIMNIR
I have my own rules for deciding fights too
I look at their powersets, scale them down to normal superhero levels and they fight in my head
This how I determine my winner for all fights
eg Flash does not travel 345834985734x faster than light, he is just fast
Hulk and Thor are very very strong but they cannot lift mountains or smash planets
Reality Warpers are powerful on Earth, but can do absolutely nothing on a solar system scale let alone universal scale

so Happy Dance

Digi
It will help streamline the bs and get rid of fanboys.

This made me laugh. Anyway, closing. If you want this format, make threads with such stipulations.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.