Cuurent Doomsday Vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SquallX
I' am sorry, i had to make this after just finishing reading what he did to Cyborg Superman.

So can Thanos even touch current Doomsday. smokin'

quanchi112
You mean cyborg doomsday vs. Thanos ? You really think he stands a chance ?

I also think this writing is terrible and reminds me of jason's transformation into a cyborg in jason x. This is one path I don't feel Doomsday should have ever gone down.

carver9
I agree... this is the lamest Doomsday I have seen. Kind of boring.

As for the fight... Thanos one shots him.

This is a none fight.

Prep-Man
Doomsday.

Sirius77
Doomsday would probably copy his powers tbh.... so I'd go with Doomsday as his main power seems to be a combo of adaptation and power mimicry.

SquallX
How is it bad writing. The whole main concept of the whole Doomsday Reign in Doomsday's not only defeating the Superman's that came after the Death Of Superman, but also adapting, and copying there powers.

Want to see bad writing, read everything about Thanos, and his obsession with Death. For all we know Death could actually be a dude, disguising as a chick. evil face

batdude123
Originally posted by carver9

This is a none fight.

Lmao.

No, he doesn't.

Starscream M

This is a none fight. doomsday would recover pretty quickly though.

Silent Master
Cue 300 pages of trolling about how Thanos can't die.

iceman24567
Thanos has to end it quick or he gets the Darkseid treatment

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sirius77
Doomsday would probably copy his powers tbh.... so I'd go with Doomsday as his main power seems to be a combo of adaptation and power mimicry. The guy hasn't been able to put down Henshaw and he had more than enough time to do so. Kara was also beating the stuffing out of him before she was distracted.

Black bolt z
Gotta say thanos for now.

-Pr-
Originally posted by quanchi112
The guy hasn't been able to put down Henshaw and he had more than enough time to do so. Kara was also beating the stuffing out of him before she was distracted.

No.

If you're gonna start to troll, I suggest you rethink your plans.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
No.

If you're gonna start to troll, I suggest you rethink your plans. I just leafed through the entire issue so feel free to tell me what I said that was off base here ?

-Pr-
I just leafed through the entire issue so feel free to tell me what I said that was off base here ?

Don't leaf through it. Read it. Then read it again. Then stop being biased. erm

quanchi112
Don't leaf through it. Read it. Then read it again. Then stop being biased. erm I'd like to know which statement you disagree with, DD trying to defeat Henshaw the entire issue or Kara knocking him around until she was distracted when she wasn't weakened by the magic.

iceman24567
Don't leaf through it. Read it. Then read it again. Then stop being biased. erm laughing

-Pr-
I'd like to know which statement you disagree with, DD trying to defeat Henshaw the entire issue or Kara knocking him around until she was distracted when she wasn't weakened by the magic.

It was made perfectly clear during the issue that Doomsday was above Henshaw, and that he was far above Supergirl. Supergirl was never going to give him the kind of trouble Henshaw did, and that was made pretty obvious during the issue too.

Bouboumaster
Thanos put Doomsday's head into Doomsday's ass.

Also, even if Doomsday was able to copy Thanos power, Thanos as an inconceivable advantage in his mind. Even ig they were equal in powers, Thanos would still stomp.

quanchi112
It was made perfectly clear during the issue that Doomsday was above Henshaw, and that he was far above Supergirl. Supergirl was never going to give him the kind of trouble Henshaw did, and that was made pretty obvious during the issue too. I do think DD could beat either one but it isn't as onesided as I thought this would have went down.

-Pr-
I do think DD could beat either one but it isn't as onesided as I thought this would have went down.

Well, Henshaw is the most powerful person he's fought so far.

quanchi112
Well, Henshaw is the most powerful person he's fought so far. I know but past DD's despite the fact they didn't always adapt like this mauled people like henshaw. I remember dd wars tearing apart I think most of the jla in 30 seconds.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos put Doomsday's head into Doomsday's ass.

Also, even if Doomsday was able to copy Thanos power, Thanos as an inconceivable advantage in his mind. Even ig they were equal in powers, Thanos would still stomp.
Lol. Not this crap about Thanos's mind helping him in a prepless scenario again.

SquallX
Thanos is not mind raping DD. Wave Rider tried something similar, it didn't work.

Sirius77
The guy hasn't been able to put down Henshaw and he had more than enough time to do so. Kara was also beating the stuffing out of him before she was distracted.

Wasn't able to put him down? The comic ended with him leaving with henshaw's powers and his broken body.... plus supergirl's as well. I'm not sure what you're talking about. He's copied every power that he's encountered thus far.

leonidas
SG WAS doing surprisingly well though. i do NOT think she was going to take him, and agree he was above both, but..... i thought it would be a bigger beating as well. henshaw basically ripped him apart before dd copied his powers. THAT surprised me more than a little.

however, now that he has henshaw's powers, he'll be damn near IMPOSSIBLE to put out.... i really didn't like his portrayal in that annual, but his own powers + borg's? damn......

-Pr-
Originally posted by leonidas
SG WAS doing surprisingly well though. i do NOT think she was going to take him, and agree he was above both, but..... i thought it would be a bigger beating as well. henshaw basically ripped him apart before dd copied his powers. THAT surprised me more than a little.

however, now that he has henshaw's powers, he'll be damn near IMPOSSIBLE to put out.... i really didn't like his portrayal in that annual, but his own powers + borg's? damn......

you were surprised by henshaw doing well against him? why?

leonidas
you were surprised by henshaw doing well against him? why?

not 'well' per se--i get a big part of this plot was leading up to this battle and it needed to be a good one--but he did VERY well. like i said, basically shredding dd, when it appeared he was pretty much unharmable. i mean the olympian was glad to have broke one spike! it was a great showing for henshaw--and i'm aware of how uber he is--but.... guess i wanted to see a more dominating performance from dd against him. it seemed henshaw had a chance in that fight, which leads me to believe clark would have had one as well, which in turns doesn't make me think this dd was all that much more powerful than past ones.

with henshaw's powers he will be. his adaptation is obviously far better. just.... when he fights clark and the others, it will now be his own powers+henshaw's. kinda wanted to see him wreck them all on his own, if that makes sense.

i've always liked the idea of dd for some reason and find myslef pulling for him more often than not.

JakeTheBank
Hank's characterization was a bit off for my tastes, but his showing was phenomenal.

Zack Fair
I liked the fight and it has been a long time coming. I always wanted to see them both duke it out and I'm glad Henshaw didn't get OMGWTF raped. Leave stuff like that to the Eradicator 131

leonidas
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I liked the fight and it has been a long time coming. I always wanted to see them both duke it out and I'm glad Henshaw didn't get OMGWTF raped. Leave stuff like that to the Eradicator 131

laughing out loud

i agree, a stomp wouldn't have been cool either. it was just closer than i was hoping. specially the part where kara ripped into him. erm

Prep-Man
did anyone else love the art? this was one of the better fights i have seen in a long time. doomsday copying hanks powers. cyborg doomsday?! awseome.

leonidas
Originally posted by Prep-Man
did anyone else love the art? this was one of the better fights i have seen in a long time. doomsday copying hanks powers. cyborg doomsday?! awseome.

you loved it? really? i didn't much care for it at all tbh. erm

JakeTheBank
I liked some aspects of the art, yeah, especially how Henshaw was drawn. Doomsday didn't like quite like Doomsday to me, though. I felt Doomsday becoming Cyborg Doomsday was a bit...well, silly, but all in all, a solid issue from James Robinson (I know, wtf?!).

Prep-Man
btw, hank just went up a couple notches in my book.

leonidas
btw, hank just went up a couple notches in my book.

hank's ALWAYS been a beast. he's one tough mutha.

Blind Sider
I figured that was not perm. Or else why have Amazo? I think Doomsday had to adapt to Cyborg the way he did because, Cyborg is otherwise unbeatable by physical means.

quanchi112
Wasn't able to put him down? The comic ended with him leaving with henshaw's powers and his broken body.... plus supergirl's as well. I'm not sure what you're talking about. He's copied every power that he's encountered thus far. After a lengthy battle sure he beat him. The DD of the past was beating Darkseid in two panels and members of the jla in 30 seconds. That's a huge difference.

Supergirl also was tearing him into him now granted I don't think she'd win but my previous sentence shows how he's been portrayed at other times and it's vastly higher than this showing.

Badabing
Doomsday evolves an anti-purple power. DD ftw!

paisapower
The whole fight, cyborg was a bad mo-fo. The way he killed Doomsday was fierce. Kara also did good, though she blitzed by suprise and had momentum due to this. The fact that she got ko'd by a couple punches tells me distraction or not she was going to go down

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
Doomsday evolves an anti-purple power. DD ftw! I bet you can't stare into the eyes of Thanos in my sig for thirty seconds without looking away first.

Badabing
laughing out loud

Omega Vision
hank's ALWAYS been a beast. he's one tough mutha.
But physically he's never been THAT uber. At least not that I can remember.

The comparison between his physical attacks and their effects on DD and the physical attacks Supergirl was dishing out and their effects is pretty jarring.

It's almost like seeing a Peak Human work someone over and then see someone like Spider-Man or Sabretooth step in and take a turn.

Slaanesh
i don't think DD is at Thanos level yet..so Thanos FTW..but it won't be easy cuz cyborg DD can reform himself..

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision

The comparison between his physical attacks and their effects on DD and the physical attacks Supergirl was dishing out and their effects is pretty jarring.

It's almost like seeing a Peak Human work someone over and then see someone like Spider-Man or Sabretooth step in and take a turn.

Yeah, I agree.

But, screw it, it's Hank. Damn do I wish that scan existed in the last tourny I was in. sad

Zack Fair

Shows how much he relies on his technopathy. Its nice to see his kryptonian physical stats being showcased.

Omega Vision
Shows how much he relies on his technopathy. Its nice to see his kryptonian physical stats being showcased.
Kryptonian physical stats? Idk...when has a Kryptonian ever torn Doomsday in half with one punch?

That's something I'd maybe expect from Superboy Prime.

-Pr-
not 'well' per se--i get a big part of this plot was leading up to this battle and it needed to be a good one--but he did VERY well. like i said, basically shredding dd, when it appeared he was pretty much unharmable. i mean the olympian was glad to have broke one spike! it was a great showing for henshaw--and i'm aware of how uber he is--but.... guess i wanted to see a more dominating performance from dd against him. it seemed henshaw had a chance in that fight, which leads me to believe clark would have had one as well, which in turns doesn't make me think this dd was all that much more powerful than past ones.

with henshaw's powers he will be. his adaptation is obviously far better. just.... when he fights clark and the others, it will now be his own powers+henshaw's. kinda wanted to see him wreck them all on his own, if that makes sense.

i've always liked the idea of dd for some reason and find myslef pulling for him more often than not.

i see, anything to make Superman look bad...

Uriel005
Originally posted by SquallX
How is it bad writing. The whole main concept of the whole Doomsday Reign in Doomsday's not only defeating the Superman's that came after the Death Of Superman, but also adapting, and copying there powers.

Want to see bad writing, read everything about Thanos, and his obsession with Death. For all we know Death could actually be a dude, disguising as a chick. evil face technically death has no gender.

TricksterPriest

i've always liked the idea of dd for some reason and find myslef pulling for him more often than not. Henshaw is trans tier for a reason. And he didn't get a chance to fight DD last time they met, since for some reason in H/P, DD wasn't attacking him.

Henshaw's showing is perfectly in-line with how powerful he is, he's an incredibly difficult opponent to adapt to. But.....DD jacked his power. And he also has the ability to lock down Henshaw's powers. That's unheard of. shock

Also, Henshaw has a variety of tricks Clark doesn't. Him getting stomped like that means Clark is going to have a very hard time of it.

Blind: This is true. Cyborg can't beaten to death. ....Well, maybe by Prime.

Given that DD just wrecked Henshaw, I don't see Thanos having a chance. Thanos wouldn't be able to stop Henshaw, not that easily.

Sirius77
I think that comic showed just why doomsday is such a threat. He can apparently use he opponent's powers better than them. Kind of like Sylar from Heroes or Synch.

leonidas
i see, anything to make Superman look bad...

joking, yes....? confused

leonidas
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Henshaw is trans tier for a reason. And he didn't get a chance to fight DD last time they met, since for some reason in H/P, DD wasn't attacking him.

Henshaw's showing is perfectly in-line with how powerful he is, he's an incredibly difficult opponent to adapt to. But.....DD jacked his power. And he also has the ability to lock down Henshaw's powers. That's unheard of. shock

Also, Henshaw has a variety of tricks Clark doesn't. Him getting stomped like that means Clark is going to have a very hard time of it.

Blind: This is true. Cyborg can't beaten to death. ....Well, maybe by Prime.

Given that DD just wrecked Henshaw, I don't see Thanos having a chance. Thanos wouldn't be able to stop Henshaw, not that easily.

i like hank, it was certainly a sweet showing for him. dd's character has been abused by dc is all, so i was hoping to see him do better than get shredded. the adaptation WAS sweet, but the way he tore eradicator apart..... was surprised to see SG and henshaw do so well. hard to imagine how they are gonna put him down this time.

Philosophía
Kryptonian physical stats? Idk...when has a Kryptonian ever torn Doomsday in half with one punch?

That's something I'd maybe expect from Superboy Prime. thumb up

That was something ridiculously uber.

Lord Feron
Either this version of DD is shitty or Cyborg supes got stronger much much much stronger than I have ever seen him.

But still Thanos is above that. If I was thanos, just engage DD in fisticuffs and Thanos should have no problem doing what henshaw did. According to what Henshaw and Supergirl did to DD Thanos would rip DD to shreds.

Blind Sider
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Either this version of DD is shitty or Cyborg supes got stronger much much much stronger than I have ever seen him.

But still Thanos is above that. If I was thanos, just engage DD in fisticuffs and Thanos should have no problem doing what henshaw did. According to what Henshaw and Supergirl did to DD Thanos would rip DD to shreds. No. Thanos would not Rip DD to shreds. Henshaw is just that powerful. Thanos has never been as powerful as Henshaw in my eyes. Henshaw took a galaxy buster attack and partially survived. I don't see Thanos surviving anything like that. Not even a cell.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Blind Sider
No. Thanos would not Rip DD to shreds. Henshaw is just that powerful. Thanos has never been as powerful as Henshaw in my eyes. Henshaw took a galaxy buster attack and partially survived. I don't see Thanos surviving anything like that. Not even a cell. Henshaw wants to die but he can't he's got that in common with Thanos. Actually IIRC he was dead after SCW and the Manhunters ressurected him or they just registered weak life signals and he "regenerated" after it, either way for a forum fight that would have ended in a loss.

If I have leraned anything than that we should wait till the event is over...

No. Thanos would not Rip DD to shreds. Henshaw is just that powerful. Thanos has never been as powerful as Henshaw in my eyes. Henshaw took a galaxy buster attack and partially survived. I don't see Thanos surviving anything like that. Not even a cell. he probably could, but even if all his cells died, he'd survive.

Current DD would do well against thanos. given his power mimircry and adaptation, he can get KOs, BFRs or incapacitation, but thanos has a decent shot as well and DD can't hope to kill thanos at all.

Blind Sider
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Henshaw wants to die but he can't he's got that in common with Thanos. Actually IIRC he was dead after SCW and the Manhunters ressurected him or they just registered weak life signals either way, for a forum fight that would have ended in a loss. No one single being can generate that much power in a single blast except maybe Galactus or someone on that level. That being said, Thanos isn't on Henshaw's level. Henshaw beat Superman with in an inch of his life easily. I don't see Thanos doing that. Not easily. Thanos has had problems with Thor. Thor lost to Superman. Doomsday wins this. Doomsday is greater than Henshaw who is greater than Superman. Superman is greater than Thor. Whom has given Thanos a good fight.

No one single being can generate that much power in a single blast except maybe Galactus or someone on that level. That being said, Thanos isn't on Henshaw's level. Henshaw beat Superman with in an inch of his life easily. I don't see Thanos doing that. Not easily. Thanos has had problems with Thor. Thor lost to Superman. Doomsday wins this. Doomsday is greater than Henshaw who is greater than Superman. Superman is greater than Thor. Whom has given Thanos a good fight. lolwut? odin and surtur have destroyed dozens of galaxies as a side effect of their battle. galactus swept a galaxy with a blast while at death's door from starvation.

you're right about not hem being on the same level. Thanos >>>>>Henshaw.

also lol at you entire post

Blind Sider
Originally posted by 753
lolwut? odin and surtur have destroyed dozens of galaxies as a side effect of their battle. galactus swept a galaxy with a blast while at death's door from starvation.

you're right about not hem being on the same level. Thanos >>>>>Henshaw.

also lol at you entire post Not sure if destroying galaxies in a combined effort counts since I said no one single being. Yeah. That is what I said, no one single being, except Galactus. I don't think Thanos is more powerful than Henshaw. Do you think Thanos can actually rip Superman in half? Doomsday is greater than Superman. And Henshaw ripped Doomsday in half.

carver9
When has Thanos had problems with an average Thor? Scans please. I don't see this as a fight at all. From Doomsday showing against Henshaw... Thanos should be able to punch Doomsday 1 time ending with his body exploding. Thanos is a guy that punch Heralds to dust... similar Heralds that was giving DD a fight. Doomsday had 1 good showing, the rest aren't that impressive.

His first run, he gets stalemated by steel and steel during that fight stopped a double hand punch from DD twice and again, steel was stalemating him. Then he fought an Olympian that hurt him with a single punch and could have probably done well against Doomsday if he didnt just stand over him boasting. His only good showing was against Eradicator (which I don't understand why since he got worked by Supergirl).

Henshaw could have probably killed him if that adaptation power didn't kick in.

Doomsday isn't ready for Thanos yet. He needs to absorb more Kryptonians and take a sundip so that he can get some improvements on his durability before facing an opponent of this magnetude.

Blind Sider
When has Thanos had problems with an average Thor? Scans please. I don't see this as a fight at all. From Doomsday showing against Henshaw... Thanos should be able to punch Doomsday 1 time ending with his body exploding. Thanos is a guy that punch Heralds to dust... similar Heralds that was giving DD a fight. Doomsday had 1 good showing, the rest aren't that impressive.

His first run, he gets stalemated by steel and steel during that fight stopped a double hand punch from DD twice and again, steel was stalemating him. Then he fought an Olympian that hurt him with a single punch and could have probably done well against Doomsday if he didnt just stand over him boasting. His only good showing was against Eradicator (which I don't understand why since he got worked by Supergirl).

Henshaw could have probably killed him if that adaptation power didn't kick in.

Doomsday isn't ready for Thanos yet. He needs to absorb more Kryptonians and take a sundip so that he can get some improvements on his durability before facing an opponent of this magnetude. The Olympian is extremely powerful. And he can't be hurt if I'm correct. Do you think Thanos can rip Superman in half? Doomsday's body survived being pounded on by Dozens of Kryptionians. Even they didn't break his body as badly as Henshaw did. It seems you are simply ignoring that Henshaw is just that powerful. This is a guy who molded the Source wall like it was clay.

Not sure if destroying galaxies in a combined effort counts since I said no one single being. Yeah. That is what I said, no one single being, except Galactus. I don't think Thanos is more powerful than Henshaw. Do you think Thanos can actually rip Superman in half? Doomsday is greater than Superman. And Henshaw ripped Doomsday in half. they destroyed dozens of them at the same time as a side effect. how can you possibly believe they couldnt destroy one on their own?

with his whole powerset, I believe thanos could rip SM in half, yes. not that doing that mid-battle while SM blitzes and fights back would be easy or even feasilbe (I dont think it would play out that way), just that he has enough power to destroy his body.

DD's feats are all over the place. this current version and the one form HP were abvoe SM, but a lot of other protrayals of him show him as much weaker. he's been punched to death a dozen times over by kryptonians.

Henshaw sure is powerfull, but current Thanos is immortal, can deliver final death to unkillable beings and is very very powerfull as well.

Deadline
Henshaw is trans tier for a reason.

He is?

Blind Sider
Originally posted by 753
they destroyed dozens of them at the same time as a side effect. how can you possibly believe they couldnt destroy one on their own?

with his whole powerset, I believe thanos could rip SM in half, yes. not that doing that mid-battle while SM blitzes and fights back would be easy or even feasilbe (I dont think it would play out that way), just that he has enough power to destroy his body.

DD's feats are all over the place. this current version and the one form HP were abvoe SM, but a lot of other protrayals of him show him as much weaker. he's been punched to death a dozen times over by kryptonians.

Henshaw sure is powerfull, but current Thanos is immortal, can deliver final death to unkillable beings and is very very powerfull as well. Dozens of Kryptionias could also punch Thanos to death. I don't see that as a low showing. It's actually a high showing that they didn't punch Doomsday into powder.

Dozens of Kryptionias could also punch Thanos to death. I don't see that as a low showing. It's actually a high showing that they didn't punch Doomsday into powder. it never took dozens of kryptonians to kill him. i meant he has been killed by kryptonians dozens of times. last time it was 3 IIRC adn they did it easily.

Blind Sider
Originally posted by 753
it never took dozens of kryptonians to kill him. i meant he has been killed by kryptonians dozens of times. last time it was 3 IIRC adn they did it easily. Didn't look to be 3 kryptonians the last time. It looked to be dozens. It was a crowd of them. And they didn't even break his body. Henshaw>>> a mob of Kryptonians. No one has ever broken Doomday's body in half. Thanos can't either.

Existere
. And they didn't even break his body. Henshaw>>> a mob of Kryptonians. . Hmmmmmm....

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
it never took dozens of kryptonians to kill him. i meant he has been killed by kryptonians dozens of times. last time it was 3 IIRC adn they did it easily.
Pretty sure it was more than just 3...

Naija boy
Thanos

KuRuPT Thanosi
No. Thanos would not Rip DD to shreds. Henshaw is just that powerful. Thanos has never been as powerful as Henshaw in my eyes. Henshaw took a galaxy buster attack and partially survived. I don't see Thanos surviving anything like that. Not even a cell.

Thanos has never been as powerful as Henshaw LOL LMAO... Please stop posting and read more comics with Thanos in them.

Blind Sider
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos has never been as powerful as Henshaw LOL LMAO... Please stop posting and read more comics with Thanos in them. Has Thanos ever beaten a being as powerful as Superman, as badly as Henshaw beat Superman? Has Thanos's body every been hit with a Galactic bomb or something as powerful and partially survived? Has Thanos ever manipulated like the source wall? I have always thought of Thanos as slightly more powerful than Thor or Silver Surfer. Not quite up there with Henshaw.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Has Thanos ever beaten a being as powerful as Superman, as badly as Henshaw beat Superman? Has Thanos's body every been hit with a Galactic bomb or something as powerful and partially survived? Has Thanos ever manipulated like the source wall? I have always thought of Thanos as slightly more powerful than Thor or Silver Surfer. Not quite up there with Henshaw.

Are you kidding me? What was the least bit impressive about what you posted? Beating superman... Thanos wouldn't even need to try to beat Superman. Heralds are nothing to Thanos and this has been made clear over and over. They need teams of heralds to even be able to deal with him. Henshaw would NEVER be able to stand up to Odin or Tyrant. He would be able to pretty much match the blast power of The Inbetweener... He wouldn't be able to blast out of Quasar construct that Thor, Hulk, Drax and countless heroes couldn't break through at the same time.. Thanos one shot it with ease. Henshaw wouldn't be able to take the blast that Thanos did from Omega or Galactus and not be KO'd. He couldn't have housed the naked energies of the Heart and survived. Don't see him being able to take 2 backhands from Magus with the IG that had just one shot killed others. I pretty much see henshaw as a tier below Thanos.. and that is being generous.

Blind Sider
Are you kidding me? What was the least bit impressive about what you posted? Beating superman... Thanos wouldn't even need to try to beat Superman. Heralds are nothing to Thanos and this has been made clear over and over. They need teams of heralds to even be able to deal with him. Henshaw would NEVER be able to stand up to Odin or Tyrant. He would be able to pretty much match the blast power of The Inbetweener... He wouldn't be able to blast out of Quasar construct that Thor, Hulk, Drax and countless heroes couldn't break through at the same time.. Thanos one shot it with ease. Henshaw wouldn't be able to take the blast that Thanos did from Omega or Galactus and not be KO'd. He couldn't have housed the naked energies of the Heart and survived. Don't see him being able to take 2 backhands from Magus with the IG that had just one shot killed others. I pretty much see henshaw as a tier below Thanos.. and that is being generous. What? Silver Surfer has broken a Quasar construct easily. I don't see how Thanos breaking one is impressive. Superman is not a herald. Where are you getting that from? Teams of heralds to deal with Thanos? Not even. Gamamora, Wolverine, and Thor have all hurt Thanos individually. I don't recall Galactus's heralds teaming up to fight Thanos. Why wouldn't Henshaw not be able to stand up to Tyrant? They are both techno guys. It would be a great fight. As for Odin, Thanos didn't stand up to Odin. He pretty much got smacked around for Odin's pleasure. Thanos used shields against Galactus. Not his own powers. And Omega wasn't that powerful. Spiderman hurt him as I recall.

carver9
Has Thanos ever beaten a being as powerful as Superman, as badly as Henshaw beat Superman? Has Thanos's body every been hit with a Galactic bomb or something as powerful and partially survived? Has Thanos ever manipulated like the source wall? I have always thought of Thanos as slightly more powerful than Thor or Silver Surfer. Not quite up there with Henshaw.

WTF...

Do you know anything about Thanos.

He killed Surfer with a couple of punches to the head. That feat trumps everything you just said.

Blind Sider
WTF...

Do you know anything about Thanos.

He killed Surfer with a couple of punches to the head. That feat trumps everything you just said. Why would that trump anything? Surfer isn't a brawler type at all.

carver9
Why would that trump anything? Surfer isn't a brawler type at all.

It trumps it because Surfer has taken on some of the most powerful beings in the universe and held his own but when he faced Thanos, he got killed.

Henshaw sure as hell isn't killing Surfer.

Blind Sider
It trumps it because Surfer has taken on some of the most powerful beings in the universe and held his own but when he faced Thanos, he got killed.

Henshaw sure as hell isn't killing Surfer. Surfer has faced some of the most powerful beings in the universe and held his own when it came to energy wielders. Surfer isn't a brawler type. He always does bad when it comes to hand to hand. Thor could kill Surfer with a couple of blows to the head.

Pretty sure it was more than just 3... yeah, I just took a look over the picture again. it was more.

Surfer has faced some of the most powerful beings in the universe and held his own when it came to energy wielders. Surfer isn't a brawler type. He always does bad when it comes to hand to hand. Thor could kill Surfer with a couple of blows to the head. no he couldnt an SS's durabilty to blunt force is great and thanos energy amped those blows with which he killed SS.

iceman24567
Originally posted by 753
yeah, I just took a look over the picture again. it was more. Yeah it was about a dozen maybe more
Originally posted by Deadline
He is? Henshaw with power rings is trans no high herald is three shotting Superman that easily

Parmaniac
That's kinda sad considering what DD was supposed to be...

paisapower

I think he showed exactly what a non holding back Supes could do. Its been stated one too many times how he holds back.

Look what a teenage supergirl who has trouble holding back was able to do. Now toss in Cyborg who doesnt really hold back and him killing Doomsday (I think he was dead for all of 1 second) is what a Supes kicking it up as he often does would do.

Zack Fair

Which is what I mean. I always thought Hank could be a physical powerhouse but he was never given the chance to prove it because his technopathy always came first(not that I blame them because it is the more interesting power) IMO it makes sense for him being that powerful. He has the evil Superman thing going for him(like Prime)....and then some.

And it wasn't just a punch he was all out bloodlusted bullrushing the shit out of DD.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by paisapower
I think he showed exactly what a non holding back Supes could do. Its been stated one too many times how he holds back.

Look what a teenage supergirl who has trouble holding back was able to do. Now toss in Cyborg who doesnt really hold back and him killing Doomsday (I think he was dead for all of 1 second) is what a Supes kicking it up as he often does would do.
Supergirl wasn't holding back either when she blitzed DD.

She still failed to seriously damage him. The showing IMO put him a good bit above most Kryptonians and probably most Heralds in general in physical power.

Prep-Man

She still failed to seriously damage him. The showing IMO put him a good bit above most Kryptonians and probably most Heralds in general in physical power.

Yeah, let's not forget that she took it to Ultraman. Supergirl is solid top tier, IMO.

TricksterPriest
Ultra-Man? do you mean in S/B? That books lowballs people all over the place.

paisapower

Having trouble holding back was meant to imply she wasnt. Sorry if not clear. She had that blitz stun affect going on for a few though.

As for cyborg, this showing was above most kryptonians which is what copying Supes DNA would do

Sirius77
Either way, Current Doomsday wins this. He appears to be able to use his victim's powers far better than even they can. I.e, out-technopathing one of the best technopaths (if not the best technopath) in comics.

quanchi112
Either way, Current Doomsday wins this. He appears to be able to use his victim's powers far better than even they can. I.e, out-technopathing one of the best technopaths (if not the best technopath) in comics. He's shown absolutely nothing close to Thanos level. He's fighting elite top tiers which Thanos seems to shrug off with ease. Thanos is far smarter than DD and adaptive abilities or not Thanos is always going to be just too smart to lose to anyone like this.

TricksterPriest
How does he win? DD wrecked Henshaw. He's got Henshaw's powers now in addition to his other abilities. And he'll copy Thanos's powers, but stronger. How can Thanos beat a stronger version of himself? Hell, DD has flight now.

quanchi112
How does he win? DD wrecked Henshaw. He's got Henshaw's powers now in addition to his other abilities. And he'll copy Thanos's powers, but stronger. How can Thanos beat a stronger version of himself? Hell, DD has flight now. Thanos is smarter. DD doesn't gesmarter than his opponents. Thanos already took on a stronger clone of himself. I also think if supergirl and henshaw can pound on him and for him to take a decent amount of time to beat them into submission Thanos will dominate him.

Thor has flight, better power feats than DD, and had a power gem and Thanos still took him on and beat him.

Sirius77
He's shown absolutely nothing close to Thanos level. He's fighting elite top tiers which Thanos seems to shrug off with ease. Thanos is far smarter than DD and adaptive abilities or not Thanos is always going to be just too smart to lose to anyone like this.

He doesnt have to. His powerset apparently lends to the idea that he can mimic any ability he needs to. Also, henshaw was smarter as well, but let's not use the "thanos will find a way" argument.

quanchi112
He doesnt have to. His powerset apparently lends to the idea that he can mimic any ability he needs to. Also, henshaw was smarter as well, but let's not use the "thanos will find a way" argument. Henshaw can't even figure a way out to kill himself so let's not compare his intelligence to Thanos'. Not in the same leagues by any way,shape, or form.

Henshaw also broke his body through physical might so imagine what Thanos can do to it. Now he can reform but so can Thanos if he dies which I don't see happening as DD hasn't shown the power to take on someone on his level.

DD will go down soon as well so arguing before the arc is over is premature anyways as he hasn't been beaten but as it stands Thanos' feats, power, intelligence are leaps and bounds over DD's best.

Badabing
DD wins. Thanos won't even scratch DD.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Badabing
DD wins. Thanos won't even scratch DD. damn it, Hate it when your right

quanchi112
Originally posted by chomperx9
damn it, Hate it when your right Can't you tell when bada's doing whip-its while posting. I keep trying to get him to kick the habit but he's in fla. I'm powerless to stop him.

Badabing
Can't you tell when bada's doing whip-its while posting. I keep trying to get him to kick the habit but he's in fla. I'm powerless to stop him.

SuperMan103
I like this no limits fallacy thing that's going around in this thread. doomsday adapted to erad so that means he can adapt to anybody else on the fly regardless of how powerful that character is. am I right guys?

vince_slice
Originally posted by SuperMan103
I like this no limits fallacy thing that's going around in this thread. doomsday adapted to erad so that means he can adapt to anybody else on the fly regardless of how powerful that character is. am I right guys?

Yup, it's quite common in this forum.

Prep-Man
who said there was no limit?

Sirius77
Henshaw can't even figure a way out to kill himself so let's not compare his intelligence to Thanos'. Not in the same leagues by any way,shape, or form.

Henshaw also broke his body through physical might so imagine what Thanos can do to it. Now he can reform but so can Thanos if he dies which I don't see happening as DD hasn't shown the power to take on someone on his level.

DD will go down soon as well so arguing before the arc is over is premature anyways as he hasn't been beaten but as it stands Thanos' feats, power, intelligence are leaps and bounds over DD's best.

Henshaw can't kill himself so he's stupid? Neither can thanos. Works both ways.

Doomsday reformed immediately, better than before. The issue is not dd durability but his ability to copy powers and use them better than they were originally.

I agree that he will go down. The plot calls for it, however, until then, we can speculate, and as it stands, he has copied and super charged every power that he has come into contact with. Also, none of that will matter if he is capable of copying his powers. I see no reason why couldn't. Until we see an actual limit imposed upon doomsday's copying ability, saying that he couldn't copy thanos' abilities is like saying amazo could not imo.

TricksterPriest
Henshaw has a very difficult and complex power to copy. If he has Henshaw's power......that means he can reform himself via Henshaw's matter manip and technopathy. Meaning.......unless you kill him in one shot, he now has evolution and technology to help him adapt.

And, possibly Henshaw's ghost form. Which might explain how he tanked that torpedo through the chest.

Sirius77

Copying thanos' abilities is a far cry from a "no limits fallacy".

There's a limit, it just hasn't been established yet. If doomsday can magically turn into a cyborg or spontaneously adapt powers better than those that he is engaged in battle with darwin style, I don't see why it is such a ridiculous concept for him to copy thanos' abilities.

I think that the point of the character (as it always has been as far as I can remember) is to adapt to any given situation. As I said before, there are limits to his adaptation, but as far as power mimicry is concerned, we have not seen a cap, but as I also stated before, this is not to say that there isn't one. What is your opinion on this?

TricksterPriest
We know he cannot adapt to Entropy. But that seems to be the ultimate limit.

The k-nite weakness does not count since that was engineered in him by Darkseid after regenerating his body from the skeleton that Imperiex Prime left.

quanchi112
Henshaw can't kill himself so he's stupid? Neither can thanos. Works both ways.

Doomsday reformed immediately, better than before. The issue is not dd durability but his ability to copy powers and use them better than they were originally.

I agree that he will go down. The plot calls for it, however, until then, we can speculate, and as it stands, he has copied and super charged every power that he has come into contact with. Also, none of that will matter if he is capable of copying his powers. I see no reason why couldn't. Until we see an actual limit imposed upon doomsday's copying ability, saying that he couldn't copy thanos' abilities is like saying amazo could not imo. Thanos didn't want to kill himself he wanted to be with Death. She has banned him from being with her so it's not the same thing. His prep and intelligence is leaps and bounds greater than Henshaw's as are his powers/formidability.

Since you bring up adaptability then it's fair to say power level wise he's never been up to Thanos' level considering the beings he's adapted to.

We can't just claim he can copy the Lt's powers because he copied some top tiers here and there. You can't just claim it without proof. The plot also called for him to not go down until the end so it works both ways. His feats and what not aren't up to Thanos' level and his formidability has gone down since dd wars.

Henshaw has a very difficult and complex power to copy. If he has Henshaw's power......that means he can reform himself via Henshaw's matter manip and technopathy. Meaning.......unless you kill him in one shot, he now has evolution and technology to help him adapt.

And, possibly Henshaw's ghost form. Which might explain how he tanked that torpedo through the chest. All speculation. I also think Thanos can kill him in one shot. He is death's avatar.

carver9
Thanos CAN kill him in one shot.

Zack Fair

We can't just claim he can copy the Lt's powers because he copied some top tiers here and there. You can't just claim it without proof. The plot also called for him to not go down until the end so it works both ways. His feats and what not aren't up to Thanos' level and his formidability has gone down since dd wars.

Who claimed DD could copy LT's powers? Also...since when is Thanos anywhere near LT's power level?

Nihilist
Thanos kills him, and DD cant copy his power source.

Zack Fair
I can definitely see Thanos killing this DD. After that who the **** knows.

Parmaniac
No matter who would win, judging from DD recent fights it would be a heeluva match that's for sure.

quanchi112
Who claimed DD could copy LT's powers? Also...since when is Thanos anywhere near LT's power level? It's a theoretical point that starts a slippery slope type mentality. Since he didn't copy anyone's powers near Thanos' level people assume he can so why stop there.

vince_slice
I can definitely see Thanos killing this DD. After that who the **** knows.

Thanos might actually be able to deliver permanent death to DD since he's currently the avatar of Death. Part of the powers that the universal abstract Death sanctioned to him is the ability perm kill "immortals" or those who can't die, as seen in TI. So that's a possibility.

Someone might argue DD can copy Thanos' avatar of Death powers and use it against him. I don't see that happening since his powers are sanctioned by a universal abstract.

Both seem neigh unkillable, but Thanos more so since he's actually regenerated from a charred skeleton back to normal, and Death currently rejects him as the avatar of Death.

I don't see DD being able to knock out Thanos if beings like Odin, Tyrant, Galactus, Omega, insane Thor with PG, etc couldn't knock Thanos out. But I can see Thanos knocking out DD eventually if he can't perm kill him with his avatar of Death powers.

TricksterPriest
Thanos Imperative? I thought that was Death chosing to act through him, not something he can do under his own power.

Of the people you mentioned, Odin didn't finish him off, he ran from Tyrant, Galactus *****-slapped him and had him on his knees, he had alot of help against Omega who was retarded anyway, he left to get his force-block gun against Thor.

Thanos has tons of extenuating circumstances to his feats. DD does not.

And Thanos cannot beat Henshaw. DD did.

quanchi112
Thanos Imperative? I thought that was Death chosing to act through him, not something he can do under his own power.

Of the people you mentioned, Odin didn't finish him off, he ran from Tyrant, Galactus *****-slapped him and had him on his knees, he had alot of help against Omega who was retarded anyway, he left to get his force-block gun against Thor.

Thanos has tons of extenuating circumstances to his feats. DD does not.

And Thanos cannot beat Henshaw. DD did. You need to at least be familiar with thanos imperative before you speak about Thanos. You seem ignorant altogether and jump from thread to thread with little or no knowledge spouting your opinion.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos kills DD which counts as a win.. fight over even when DD comes back

Jazzy Jazzer
Depends.

leonidas

he also copied henshaw's powerset when he battled him.

Black bolt z
Thanos kills DD which counts as a win.. fight over even when DD comes back Wouldn't it work the same way with thanos?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yeah but what on earth makes you believe DD would kill Thanos first?

Black bolt z
Yeah but what on earth makes you believe DD would kill Thanos first? Not saying he will. But just in general.

Should thanos be killed by DD it would count as a forum win correct?

Harbinger
Be interesting to see how they portray DD's self-repairing ability now that he has Henshaw's power. Hank was regenerating entire limbs while he was fighting DD. If DD has that same ability to the same degree, Thanos has even more of a fight on his hands, so you can pretty much dead all the "Thanos one-shots" and "Thanos kills DD" posts.

Sirius77
Thanos didn't want to kill himself he wanted to be with Death. She has banned him from being with her so it's not the same thing. His prep and intelligence is leaps and bounds greater than Henshaw's as are his powers/formidability.

Since you bring up adaptability then it's fair to say power level wise he's never been up to Thanos' level considering the beings he's adapted to.

All speculation. I also think Thanos can kill him in one shot. He is death's avatar.

Lol @ you using wordplay. "He didn't want to kill himself, he just wanted to be with death." Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Hank can't die either, thanos may be banned from death's realm, but at least she notices him. Nekron gave henshaw the cold shoulder and didnt even acknowledge him when he begged to die. Prep and intelligence? Henshaw has assimilated countless technologies of countless civilizations, and has manipulated everyone from the planet Earth to darkseid. We aren't talking about henshaw or CIS or intelligence. Again, you cannot use the "thanos will find a way" argument here.

Henshaw was capable of manipulating the source wall, oan, apocalyptian, and phantom zone tech among other things flawlessly and effortlessly. Doomsday not only copied this ability, but he outdid him. He outdid someone that had been using these powers for years after having them for a couple of moments. He then proceeded to take away henshaw's ability to regenerate.

Who said anything about LT? See, people talk about your favorite character and you make these wild assumptions that no one but you has implied.

quanchi112
Lol @ you using wordplay. "He didn't want to kill himself, he just wanted to be with death." Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Hank can't die either, thanos may be banned from death's realm, but at least she notices him. Nekron gave henshaw the cold shoulder and didnt even acknowledge him when he begged to die. Prep and intelligence? Henshaw has assimilated countless technologies of countless civilizations, and has manipulated everyone from the planet Earth to darkseid. We aren't talking about henshaw or CIS or intelligence. Again, you cannot use the "thanos will find a way" argument here.

Henshaw was capable of manipulating the source wall, oan, apocalyptian, and phantom zone tech among other things flawlessly and effortlessly. Doomsday not only copied this ability, but he outdid him. He outdid someone that had been using these powers for years after having them for a couple of moments. He then proceeded to take away henshaw's ability to regenerate.

Who said anything about LT? See, people talk about your favorite character and you make these wild assumptions that no one but you has implied. He didn't want to be without her forever. Thanos never committed suicide even when he could die so once again I am right.

Just saying Thanos' prep is about 50 levels up from Henshaw's. Thanos doesn't need to find a way he's the avatar of death he kills DD based off of his power to kill unkillables.

The point is still made though since DD hasn't taken on or beaten anyone near Thanos' level you have no proof he can do so. Thanos on the other hand can kill beings who are beyond death. Thanos wins, 10/10.

TricksterPriest
Proof of this power to kill the unkillable? And I want scans and context from an honest poster about this incident of Thanos killing the cancer-verse....or is it Death acting through Thanos?

long pig
Is Thanos looking for some super powerful whatnot and needs to look tough? If so, he wins(othewise people would start to wonder why the hell this guy who's not that powerful is such a big threat). If it's just normal thanos, he gets oneshotted. wink

bannedtroll007
Thanos... smokin'

long pig
Nah, Thanos does who this one. he IS badass when he wants to be.

bannedtroll007
Originally posted by long pig
Nah, Thanos does who this one. he IS badass when he wants to be. Dude that must be one good weed, give me some... smokin'

Originally posted by SquallX
Man, i want some of that shit you're smoking. smokin'

Proof of this power to kill the unkillable? And I want scans and context from an honest poster about this incident of Thanos killing the cancer-verse....or is it Death acting through Thanos? just read thanos imperative. he was the only being capable fo delivering final death in a universe where death had been expunged because he is a Death avatar. he came back from death immortala dn with the power to perma-kill immortals. it comes with his role in the cosmos.

quanchi112
Proof of this power to kill the unkillable? And I want scans and context from an honest poster about this incident of Thanos killing the cancer-verse....or is it Death acting through Thanos? If you don't know about the characters don't speak about the outcomes.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Not saying he will. But just in general.

Should thanos be killed by DD it would count as a forum win correct?

Yeah but so what? Thanos would kill DD first and that would be the end of that.

the ninjak
Thanos is too much now. I reckon he kills DD.

vince_slice
Proof of this power to kill the unkillable? And I want scans and context from an honest poster about this incident of Thanos killing the cancer-verse....or is it Death acting through Thanos?

Thanos was revived as the avatar of Death. Death didn't directly act through him, more like she gave him the tools necessary to bring death to the Cancerverse. Which includes being unkillable himself, and being able to deliver death to those unkillable.

He showed the ability to kill immortals when he and the GOTG fought the Cancerverse Defenders. The GOTG initially seemingly "killed" the Defenders, but they came back to life. Then Thanos tried killing them, and successfully perm killed them

"It would appear I am capable of delivering permanent death"

http://www.imagebam.com/image/0e96e188765200

Nihilist
Proof of this power to kill the unkillable? And I want scans and context from an honest poster about this incident of Thanos killing the cancer-verse....or is it Death acting through Thanos? Thanos killed beings who were unable to die within a universe where there was no death and life had won, due to the Many Angled Ones disposing of that Realitys Mistress Death.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by the ninjak
Thanos is too much now. I reckon he kills DD.

DD cannot be killed. At least not fully. He'll just evolve and come back.

Parmaniac
It seems the thread reached the point where the irresistible force hits the immovable object.

Thanos can permanently kill DD, this actually becomes a matter of whether or not he hs the juice to do so considering the possibilty that DD adapts and copies his powers (I know his death sanctioned powers arent copiable Im talking about his general raw power).

Prep-Man
Well, now that he copied Hank's regen, I don't think DD can ever die.

Nihilist
Well, now that he copied Hank's regen, I don't think DD can ever die. Death bestowed power>>>>>>>>Hanks regen.

Prep-Man
Thanos has death's power?

Thanos has death's power? the power to deliver permanent death to unkillable things.

Prep-Man
Was this shown in the latest arc?

vince_slice
Was this shown in the latest arc?

It was shown in TI. Scan is below.

Originally posted by vince_slice
Thanos was revived as the avatar of Death. Death didn't directly act through him, more like she gave him the tools necessary to bring death to the Cancerverse. Which includes being unkillable himself, and being able to deliver death to those unkillable.

He showed the ability to kill immortals when he and the GOTG fought the Cancerverse Defenders. The GOTG initially seemingly "killed" the Defenders, but they came back to life. Then Thanos tried killing them, and successfully perm killed them

"It would appear I am capable of delivering permanent death"

http://www.imagebam.com/image/0e96e188765200

Nihilist
Thanos has death's power? He has power bestowed upon him by death as the Avatar of Death even the Cancerverse beings sensed he was Death to them.

Prep-Man
Didn't Death leave him at the end? When he returns, he probably won't be Death's avatar.

Nihilist
Didn't Death leave him at the end? When he returns, he probably won't be Death's avatar. So you think the thread starter is gonna use Thanos that hasnt been shown and doesnt have any feats yet laughing out loud

That is just grasping on your part for DD.

Prep-Man
I'm thinking non avatar death Thanos. What's the point of putting him in, if he can kill anyone? Doesn't make sense. Regular Thanos can win over DD, just not the majority.

Nihilist
I'm thinking non avatar death Thanos. What's the point of putting him in, if he can kill anyone? Doesn't make sense. Regular Thanos can win over DD, just not the majority. Just like putting in DD with his regen power eh, regular Thanos still takes DD though.

Like i said reaching.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>