Professor X & Cassandra Nova vs Exodus & Emma Frost

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Professor X
Cassandra Nova

Vs

Exodus
Emma Frost

Round 1: Astral Plane

Round 2: Danger Room

BFR, CIS, PIS off. Professor X is under the belief that
Emma has gone rogue and is trying to kill his X-men
Emma believes that Charles is trying to take
away Scott. Who wins?

Assume teammates will work together

Mindset
Team 1 stomps

Existere
Cassandra Nova solos all three other combatants. With a smile.

StyleTime
Team 1 wins with awe-inspiring dominance.

Glorificus
Cassandra annihilates Charles, Exodus, and Emma all at the same time. Unless Emma starts out in Diamond Form.

Then it becomes Cassandra tossing Emma around with her TK.

Not sure who would win in that case.

baldies win

Originally posted by Existere
Cassandra Nova solos all three other combatants. With a smile. do you believe she could mindrape all 3 or are you counting the rest of her powerset?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
do you believe she could mindrape all 3 or are you counting the rest of her powerset?

I think she could take all 3 with pure telepathy. If you look how quickly Jean who at the time was tapping into cosmic reserves and Charles went down I don't think adding a third to that scene (Emma or Exodus) would make much of a difference. Jean was made retarded in seconds and Charles couldn't do anything to Nova.

yeah, that's true, this puts her in the trans tier of telepathy at least

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
yeah, that's true, this puts her in the trans tier of telepathy at least

I think it's kind of necessary for the X-Men to have a enemy telepath of that Caliber. The X-telepaths are quite powerful in their own right and since there's always at least 2 or 3 of them walking around at time...nowdays there's actually seven if you count the Cuckoos...Nate Grey and Legion. It's sort of necessary from a story POV.

yes, people always talk about how weak the x-men comparing them to flying bricks, but their collective TP might makes them one of the most powerfull groups in omics altogether

speaking of legion, I am couting the days until he and scarlet witch have a child

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753

speaking of legion, I am couting the days until he and scarlet witch have a child

I think 616 would be royally screwed if that's the case. They're a buncha' nutjobs.

I think Revanant is Rachel Grey. I think Legion pulled her into his world.

inimalist
in recent issues, Exodus is shown to be able to fend off attackers while being locked in tp combat with Xavier. not that I'm disputing the stomp, but given exodus' matter manipulation tk, does he have any options there? or is it just going to overwhelm him?

also, exodus >> Jean

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by inimalist
in recent issues, Exodus is shown to be able to fend off attackers while being locked in tp combat with Xavier. not that I'm disputing the stomp, but given exodus' matter manipulation tk, does he have any options there? or is it just going to overwhelm him?

also, exodus >> Jean

Cassandra Nova is just in a league of her own. Emma cut Exodus off from his extra powers. Cassandra Nova is just as sneaky and way more powerful then Emma, Jean and Charles.

yeah it'll be another universe rebooting cluster**** when it happens, but chuck and mags get to be in-laws

I was going for hope summers, but it could be rachel... or even jean. I balieve her ressurection is due. they did mention the poenix eating albany, so maybe that was hope and she is out now.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
yeah it'll be another universe rebooting cluster**** when it happens, but chuck and mags get to be in-laws

I was going for hope summers, but it could be rachel... or even jean. I balieve her ressurection is due. they did mention the poenix eating albany, so maybe that was hope and she is out now.

Thing that made me think it's Rachel is that she says she was on her way home.

Mindset

also, exodus >> Jean Nova has tk as well.

inimalist
double post, sorry

inimalist
Originally posted by Mindset
Nova has tk as well.

exodus' tk is so powerful it is akin to matter manipulation, is nova's that good too?

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Cassandra Nova is just in a league of her own. Emma cut Exodus off from his extra powers. Cassandra Nova is just as sneaky.

the scan has exodus saying that Emma was smart to occupy him in tk so that he couldn't use his other powers, and Emma admits she would eventually lose the conflict if dust had not been tearing him apart for 5 full min.

I read that more as Emma being strong enough that exodus has to focus on her, not that she had cut his powers off.

EDIT: I'm not disagreeing with anything though. I don't know nova too well, so I'm just trying to come up with options team 2 might have.

Mindset
Do you mean Exodus matter manipulates with his tk? Cable does the same thing, it's not that it has become so strong that it reached a new level, they are just skilled in using it.

Also, I don't remember.

Nova's TK could completely desintegrate wolverine's arm, minus the adamantium, but she has no feats approcahing Exodus's fine control and matter manipulation. she does have other powers like that bizarre psionic energy armor and intangibility. I think she just outclasses them.

ExodusCloak
the scan has exodus saying that Emma was smart to occupy him in tk so that he couldn't use his other powers, and Emma admits she would eventually lose the conflict if dust had not been tearing him apart for 5 full min.

I read that more as Emma being strong enough that exodus has to focus on her, not that she had cut his powers off.

EDIT: I'm not disagreeing with anything though. I don't know nova too well, so I'm just trying to come up with options team 2 might have.

According to Exodus by cutting off access to her Diamond Form she was able to cut Exodus off from his extra powers.

Mike Carey wrote both the issues you were referencing. The one where Emma fights him and the one where Charles fights him.

And IRRC Emma doesn't admit anything. It's basically a stalemate until Dust tips the scales in her favour. When Charles was off planet Mike Carey cites her as the most powerful telepath while Exodus is in the room. So given all thato context from Mike Carey's writing I wouldn't say so.

inimalist
ok, fair enough, strong probably wasn't the term I wanted. though, exodus does have some decent feats in that dept too.

I'd probably rank I something like Nate>exodus>cable, though only because cable has to fight back against that virus

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
Nova's TK could completely desintegrate wolverine's arm, minus the adamantium, but she has no feats approcahing Exodus's fine control and matter manipulation. she does have other powers like that bizarre psionic energy armor and intangibility. I think she just outclasses them.

Honestly I don't even think TK will be an issue. He'll fall very quickly. He wouldn't want to split his concentration in a battle against Nova in any event.

Mindset
As far as skill is concerned, I don't think anyone tops Cable, TO virus or not, unless you're talking about skill and power.

inimalist
According to Exodus by cutting off access to her Diamond Form she was able to cut Exodus off from his extra powers.

Mike Carey both both the issues you were referencing. The one where Emma fights him and the one where Charles fights him.

And IRRC Emma doesn't admit anything. It's basically a stalemate until Dust tips the scales in her favour. When Charles was off planet Mike Carey cites her as the most powerful telepath while Exodus is in the room. So given all thato context from Mike Carey's writing I wouldn't say so.

hmmm, I'm on my way home now, I'll post the scans in a bit

inimalist
Originally posted by Mindset
As far as skill is concerned, I don't think anyone tops Cable, TO virus or not, unless you're talking about skill and power.

exodus rebuilt xavier's brain atom by atom and transmuted the shield helicarrier into a cerebro unit

I suppose all I can say is that I am unaware of such skill from cable, but I was sort of trying to average between skill and power. just going by skill, I might tip to exodus over Nate, but i still have a lot of xman to read

ExodusCloak
hmmm, I'm on my way home now, I'll post the scans in a bit

I have the scans, which one's would you like me to post?

http://img155.imageshack.us/f/scan05xz7.jpg/
http://img141.imageshack.us/i/scan12ff6.jpg/

"Actually you've been breathing her right in"

I wouldn't consider that conceding anything. I'd consider that trash talk. Especially given the context from the X-Men Annual (Mike Carey) where Emma is called the most powerful telepath on Earth with Exodus in the room. Mike Carey wrote all 3 issues.

inimalist
I have the scans, which one's would you like me to post?

http://img155.imageshack.us/f/scan05xz7.jpg/
http://img141.imageshack.us/i/scan12ff6.jpg/

"Actually you've been breathing her right in"

I wouldn't consider that conceding anything. I'd consider that trash talk. Especially given the context from the X-Men Annual (Mike Carey) where Emma is called the most powerful telepath on Earth with Exodus in the room. Mike Carey wrote all 3 issues.

god, I've got terrible memory for this stuff apparently, I thought Emma said something more along the lines of "yes, but you've been breathing her in"

would you personally put Emma over a bloodties exodus?

ExodusCloak
god, I've got terrible memory for this stuff apparently, I thought Emma said something more along the lines of "yes, but you've been breathing her in"

would you personally put Emma over a bloodties exodus?

Was there any official explanation that he was weaker after Bloodties? Because I was looking for this and couldn't find one.

He stalemated Sersi. And then there's the TK shield around the island of Genosha and there's him being able to shield himself from Jean and Charles. And induce fear in a mob.

There's also a Black Knight story where he hurts Sersi again telepathically.

He's showings after are quite decent.

If you look at it. He's fighting Holocaust and he trouces Jean while doing that for a second time with little effort. He was holding Avalon together there too IRRC.

Then after the Fall of Avalon he's a power leech. It says that he was weakened. There he faced an inexperienced Nate Grey and Cable. Exodus lost but he was a shadow of his former self. He was then stuck in a rejuvination chamber.

Was the isotope E thing his next appearance? People forget that he was fighting Quicksilver and the Eternal Thena telepathically. He actually beat Thena in the process and a few Avengers. Thena saved Quicksilvers ass from being mind-raped.

Then there's that machine Forge built to amplify his powers so he could control everyone in Genosha. But he got cut by Wolverine and dropped his cloak as Magneto.

Then there's Austens run where he gets fooled by Mindee (Irma).

Then he returns in the Annual after HoM

Blinded by the Light.

Messiah Complex.

Legacy.

Existere
exodus' tk is so powerful it is akin to matter manipulation, is nova's that good too?
Look at the armor that Nova makes for herself as she turns Jean into a blithering wreck, laughs off Xavier's attempts to affect her motor functions, phases through Cyclops' blasts and everything else in the scans.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/NewX-Men-116-EisforExtinction03-12.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/NewX-Men-116-EisforExtinction03-13.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/NewX-Men-116-EisforExtinction03-14.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/NewX-Men-116-EisforExtinction03-15.jpg

Also look at what she does to Wolverine's arm.

I'd say that she has pretty high level tk. I'm pretty sure that she actually created her own body with psionic energy, so I assume that would be some measure of precision telekinesis as well.

-----------------------------

As far as mental power goes, Xavier's the second most powerful telepath in this match and Cassie put him in a coma while he was using Cerebra, thereby amping his telepathic power to the tenth degree... different than 10 Xaviers.

5 * 10 = 50
5^10 = 9, 765, 625

Food for thought.

Look at the armor that Nova makes for herself as she turns Jean into a blithering wreck, laughs off Xavier's attempts to affect her motor functions, phases through Cyclops' blasts and everything else in the scans.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/NewX-Men-116-EisforExtinction03-12.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/NewX-Men-116-EisforExtinction03-13.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/NewX-Men-116-EisforExtinction03-14.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/NewX-Men-116-EisforExtinction03-15.jpg

I'd say that she has pretty high level tk. I'm pretty sure that she actually created her own body with psionic energy, so I assume that would be some measure of precision telekinesis as well.

As far as mental power goes, Xavier's the second most powerful telepath in this match and Cassie put him in a coma while he was using Cerebra, thereby amping his telepathic power to the tenth degree... different than 10 Xaviers.

5 * 10 = 50
5^10 = 9, 765, 625

Food for thought. I believe the mumudrai used chuck's genome as a template to make itself a body from the matter in their mothers womb. after chuck killed it, it survived as a shapeless mass of cells in the sewage where it slowly reformed itself as an adult human-like thing.

Exodus's TK is still better than that, but she is overall more powerfull. your numbers raise the question of why wouldnt she mindstomp the DC heralds in your other thread.

Existere
Originally posted by 753
I believe the mumudrai used chuck's genome as a template to make itself a body from the matter in their mothers womb. after chuck killed it, it survived as a shapeless mass of cells in the sewage where it slowly reformed itself as an adult human-like thing.

Exodus's TK is still better than that, but she is overall more powerfull. your numbers raise the question of why wouldnt she mindstomp the DC heralds in your other thread. Cool. I got confused with that whole process, accepted it and moved forward.

I know Exodus' TK is more powerful than anything Cassie's shown, and with feats like Xavier's brain, more precise. I was just replying to the question about whether Cassandra's TK was on the level of matter manipulation, which it seems to be judging by the scans though I don't know if it's ever explicitly stated.

As far as the other thread, I agree after reflecting on her feats again.

inimalist
Was there any official explanation that he was weaker after Bloodties? Because I was looking for this and couldn't find one.

in the QS mini both Cortez and Theena describe Exodus as getting more powerful depending on how "fanatacal" he is

I think they introduced that to explain some of his lower appearances

He stalemated Sersi. And then there's the TK shield around the island of Genosha and there's him being able to shield himself from Jean and Charles. And induce fear in a mob.

he beats Sersi, she is KO'd at the end.

He's showings after are quite decent.

he has a couple lower ones, like vs Havok

Was the isotope E thing his next appearance? People forget that he was fighting Quicksilver and the Eternal Thena telepathically. He actually beat Thena in the process and a few Avengers. Thena saved Quicksilvers ass from being mind-raped.

sort of. QS gets the amp that he describes as making him as strong as magneto, Exodus does an omni-directional psi spike that Theena says would have killed everyone if she hadn't saved them, however QS says that he managed to get away before the attack.

But ya, he schools Theena et al. with the exception of a QS who is amped.

LOL, I guess that is if I'm remembering correctly. I have all these scans/issues for the tourney, but we've seen my memory in action before

inimalist

5 * 10 = 50
5^10 = 9, 765, 625

Food for thought.

oh wow, so she is absolutly on a different level than all of these guys...

ExodusCloak
She boobytraps her mind.

Plus she was in Genosha when she got Xavier while he was on Cerebra.

in the QS mini both Cortez and Theena describe Exodus as getting more powerful depending on how "fanatacal" he is

She said it was a possibility although I don't think they continued with that. He was mean to be a psychic vampire...any psychics worst nightmare but that doesn't seem to have stuck either.

Does he? That's pretty cool. Been a while since I picked up Bloodties but I read it closely cause I was helping make that respect thread...must have missed it.

Yeah I suppose but that was Austen and he shot him from behind. Plus I don't think that KO'd Exodus. Xorn had to BFR him.

sort of. QS gets the amp that he describes as making him as strong as magneto, Exodus does an omni-directional psi spike that Theena says would have killed everyone if she hadn't saved them, however QS says that he managed to get away before the attack.

But ya, he schools Theena et al. with the exception of a QS who is amped.

LOL, I guess that is if I'm remembering correctly. I have all these scans/issues for the tourney, but we've seen my memory in action before

There's actually another instance where she saved him. It's when he shoots a single beam of telepathy and she blocks it with another beam IRRC. Let me have a look again. Been a while.

LOL I forgot how amazing those scans are. "fagggr and faggggr"

ExodusCloak

Here's the one I was talking about.

Thena saves him here. Without that interference Pietro would have been taken down.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5505/unleda.th.jpg

I suppose you could probably argue from the context of that story that the writer correlated Exodus's power level by how fanatical he is and by how many people followed him and because they lost faith towards the end he dwinddled. But the thing is that they never touched on that ability again.

Exodus ressurected some of the Acolytes too but we never saw that ability again.

inimalist

Thena saves him here. Without that interference Pietro would have been taken down.

I suppose you could probably argue from the context of that story that the writer correlated Exodus's power level by how fanatical he is and by how many people followed him and because they lost faith towards the end he dwinddled. But the thing is that they never touched on that ability again.

ah, my bad! In bloodties he owns QS a couple of times also, including while running

no, I assume it was just something the writers tried to throw in, certainly something I've never seen referenced outside of the QS mini

Exodus ressurected some of the Acolytes too but we never saw that ability again.

weird, when was that?

He does bring Xavier back to life, but I'm thinking this is a different mechanism than rebuilding a brain?

ExodusCloak

weird, when was that?

He does it off-panel, he mentions something about bringing some of the dead Acolytes back to life (They were actually dead)...might be in the Joseph fight can't remember but I know it's referenced in this handbook. Hold on.

inimalist
He does it off-panel, he mentions something about bringing some of the dead Acolytes back to life (They were actually dead)...might be in the Joseph fight can't remember but I know it's referenced in this handbook. Hold on.

oh, weird, so it very well could be the same as bringing Xavier back?

Exodus ressurected some of the Acolytes too but we never saw that ability again. well in a way he did ressurect chuck. maybe that's what he had been doing all along to them TK/TP ressurection

ExodusCloak

but he also says he is going to finish killing xavier, so he can ressurect him. he takes chuck's meories in to replant them after it is done.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753
but he also says he is going to finish killing xavier, so he can ressurect him. he takes chuck's meories in to replant them after it is done.

Hmm maybe. Maybe brain dead doesn't mean brain dead for a telepath. Heck Emma was brain dead for a while.

inimalist
Tempo froze time in the vicinity.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... interesting

ExodusCloak
hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... interesting

The Acolytes had some nice powersets. Chrome for example sadly died too early but his powerset on paper was pretty impressive and useful for a tourney.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrome_%28comics%29

inimalist
The Acolytes had some nice powersets. Chrome for example sadly died too early but his powerset on paper was pretty impressive and useful for a tourney.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrome_%28comics%29

very cool smile I can see that being annoying in a tourney, yes...

leonidas
yeah, cass and x take this, imo.

ExodusCloak
very cool smile I can see that being annoying in a tourney, yes...

There was one of those points tourney's a few years ago where they forced you to choose a low, medium and high meta character. A team type thing or something and we were going to use Chrome to make materials during to create tech, like how Exodus made the Cerebra out of computers. The Tourney got cancelled though.

Uriel005
I always considered charles to be Cassandra's equal in TP and it was the TK and other abilities that put her over him in a CIS off environment. Honestly I think that while X is a dick I think he subconsciously fears his own power and limits himself where she does not when TP is involved. He always came off as the kind of guy who really could do a lot more than he does but tries to keep himself in check despite failing miserably at times.

inimalist
There was one of those points tourney's a few years ago where they forced you to choose a low, medium and high meta character. A team type thing or something and we were going to use Chrome to make materials during to create tech, like how Exodus made the Cerebra out of computers. The Tourney got cancelled though.

oh, I see it man, you could do crazy things with that

turn a suit of armor into adamantium or something... were there any limits to what he could transform? did he have to touch someone, or could he just turm them into water from a distance?

inimalist
Originally posted by Uriel005
I always considered charles to be Cassandra's equal in TP and it was the TK and other abilities that put her over him in a CIS off environment. Honestly I think that while X is a dick I think he subconsciously fears his own power and limits himself where she does not when TP is involved. He always came off as the kind of guy who really could do a lot more than he does but tries to keep himself in check despite failing miserably at times.

would Onslaught be above Nova then? (what about if he has Nate?)

Uriel005
would Onslaught be above Nova then? (what about if he has Nate?) Yes onslaught is definitely above Nova IMO.

Originally posted by Uriel005
I always considered charles to be Cassandra's equal in TP and it was the TK and other abilities that put her over him in a CIS off environment. Honestly I think that while X is a dick I think he subconsciously fears his own power and limits himself where she does not when TP is involved. He always came off as the kind of guy who really could do a lot more than he does but tries to keep himself in check despite failing miserably at times. her powers came from his genome, she got all the powers he had and all the ones he could have and never displayed, so you're not wrogn to believe he has the same telepathic potential as her. he did ultimately **** her mind up.

Blair Wind

laughing out loud

I remember. We tried to get Engineer in, didn't we?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Blair Wind
laughing out loud

I remember. We tried to get Engineer in, didn't we?

Yeah, I remember having all those feats....then it got cancelled. Thank God though I would have failed my exams.

leonidas
Yeah, I remember having all those feats....then it got cancelled. Thank God though I would have failed my exams.

but it would have been worth it. laughing out loud

anyway, i was always under the impression cass was above xavier in terms of tp. haven't they had direct battles in the past where cass was shown to be stronger?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by leonidas
but it would have been worth it. laughing out loud

anyway, i was always under the impression cass was above xavier in terms of tp. haven't they had direct battles in the past where cass was shown to be stronger?

Hah :P

She's above him from what we've been shown in comics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.