Sentry vs. Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
Fight 1 is
This is the Sentry right before his altercation with Terrax (great mental state). Gladiator starts at planet bashing levels of confidence. Both Sentry's mental state and Gladiator's confidence are allowed to vary as the fight goes on.

Fight 2
Sentry's mental state fixed at the state it was in right before Terrax incident and Gladiator starts and stays at planet bashing levels the whole fight.

Fight is in space inside a 1AU cube of volume. Both know how dangerous the other is, so both are fighting at their best, using speed and other powers if necessary.

So who wins these fights, cosmic axe breaking Sentry or planet bashing Gladiator?

carver9
Why would you make this thread? Two of my favorites. Sentry wins 7/10.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Why would you make this thread? Two of my favorites. Sentry wins 7/10.

both fights?

Slaanesh
Sentry in both..

tkitna
Sentry wins both

Black bolt z
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry wins both

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

Omega Vision
Sentry 6-7/10 in both.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor and Superman appear out of nowhere, then proceed to beat the shit out of them. Kind of mean really, like the cool kids picking on the ones from the short bus.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor and Superman appear out of nowhere, then proceed to beat the shit out of them. Kind of mean really, like the cool kids picking on the ones from the short bus.
Lol.

Superman: Nice mohawk, dick.

Thor: Verily.

Superman: God I love being an Icon.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Lol.

Superman: Nice mohawk, dick.

Thor: Verily.

Superman: God I love being an Icon.

Lol. That would be great.

A Superman/Thor crossover where they go on a stomping spree would be great. I'd pay such good money to see Thor break Hulk and Clark raping strangling Diana. I think it's time to remind their respective Universes why they were the top dogs for decades. There's been a bit of a decline in the 00's imo. Thor had Blood and Thunder, soon after Clak had Our Worlds at War then boom.

A Bryne esque cocky Superman and an assholish Thor interacting would awesome.

carver9

To bad this won't happen since Sentry> Thor and Gladiator>Supes.

h1a8

Sentry is variable. Even the comic states his power level depends on his state of mind. IMO, He's not greater than Thor or Superman even half the time. Just too unstable.

Nihilist
Sentry 8/10.

bbrem123
Originally posted by h1a8
Sentry is variable. Even the comic states his power level depends on his state of mind. IMO, He's not greater than Thor or Superman even half the time. Just too unstable.

well yea DA sentry was...classic was above them imo...and voided out sentry rapes them

carver9

Sentry WAS variable. By the end of Sentry last showing, before Voiding out, he was completely stable and focus AND basically knew how to use his powers more fluently.

The last Sentry that was shown would mop the floor with anyone mentioned in this thread.

Hyperion Prime
Gladiator 10/10 in both fights. Sentry was knocked out by Blue marvel...and before you say it didnt happen one of the moderators on here agreed sentry eyes were rolled in the back of his head and he was out cold. It was a KMC KO!!! He was gone two pages

Can't remember which mod it was but I am sure they are still here. If the other avengers would not have been there Blue Marvel would have finished him

Gladiator would rock the sentry any day of the week. He is a more trained fighter. Hell he is a soldier and was trained by the Shiar to be a killer. Gladiator would beat him to death.

Edit it was Bada

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=497195&pagenumber=3
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm05007.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/1031145-albm_05_009_super.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm050102.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm05006.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm05011.jpg

inimalist
gladiator

quanchi112
@Hyperion Prime

Sentry came back to win the fight and two pages doesn't really mean bumkus in the cmic universe.

Gladiator got owned by savage hulk by your same logic as well as by masterson thor.

-Pr-

Only in your purple mohawked dreams.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by quanchi112
@Hyperion Prime

Sentry came back to win the fight and two pages doesn't really mean bumkus in the cmic universe.

Gladiator got owned by savage hulk by your same logic as well as by masterson thor.

Sentry loss by KMC rules. Argue with Bada. Blue marvel was fighting a bunch of characters. I am sorry your boy got ktfo.

Omega Vision
laughing x3

D-Block
Lol. That would be great.

A Superman/Thor crossover where they go on a stomping spree would be great. I'd pay such good money to see Thor break Hulk and Clark raping strangling Diana. I think it's time to remind their respective Universes why they were the top dogs for decades. There's been a bit of a decline in the 00's imo. Thor had Blood and Thunder, soon after Clak had Our Worlds at War then boom.

A Bryne esque cocky Superman and an assholish Thor interacting would awesome.

I would pay good money for that.

Deadline
Who the **** cares Gladiator sucks, so does Sentry.

inimalist
Originally posted by Deadline
Who the **** cares Gladiator sucks, so does Sentry.

lol, I just went with the one who sucks less

quanchi112
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Sentry loss by KMC rules. Argue with Bada. Blue marvel was fighting a bunch of characters. I am sorry your boy got ktfo. He returned within a reasonable amount of time and put down blue marvel in his own book no less.

Silent Master
Much like Thor, Gladiator kills the Sentry.

Hyperion Prime
He returned within a reasonable amount of time and put down blue marvel in his own book no less.

Argue with Bada. It was like 7 against one. sentry is a fraud.

quanchi112
Argue with Bada. It was like 7 against one. sentry is a fraud. No, I'd rather argue with you. Sentry isn't a fraud he won. You don't overload the absorbing man and scare terrax into submission by being a fraud.

Hyperion Prime
No, I'd rather argue with you. Sentry isn't a fraud he won. You don't overload the absorbing man and scare terrax into submission by being a fraud.

What does overloading the absorbing man and scaring terrax into submission have to do with the Blue marvel knocking him out?? I know you understand this it was like 6 against one and he still put sentry in orbit. Sentry won with a cheapshot while blue Marvel was being held. I know you see this and you are just in denial because your boy got owned.

quanchi112
What does overloading the absorbing man and scaring terrax into submission have to do with the Blue marvel knocking him out?? I know you understand this it was like 6 against one and he still put sentry in orbit. Sentry won with a cheapshot while blue Marvel was being held. I know you see this and you are just in denial because your boy got owned. Lots of characters get hit here and there but he quickly returned and put Blue Marvel down. You can make all the excuses you want but Sentry won.

Hyperion Prime
Lots of characters get hit here and there but he quickly returned and put Blue Marvel down. You can make all the excuses you want but Sentry won.

Dude wtf!!!!! If he didnt have to fight wonderman, ironman, ares, Marvel girl etc he would have flown into space and finished that hippy off. He was cheap shotted....I am not the only one who says it. So quan if my friends are holding you down and I sneek up and knock you out that means I am tougher than you......lulz

Hyperion Prime
Dude wtf!!!!! If he didnt have to fight wonderman, ironman, ares, Marvel girl etc he would have flown into space and finished that hippy off. He was cheap shotted....I am not the only one who says it. So quan if my friends are holding you down and I sneek up and knock you out that means I am tougher than you......lulz

reply in the other thread quan this one is about glads and sentry lets not hi-jack it

quanchi112
Dude wtf!!!!! If he didnt have to fight wonderman, ironman, ares, Marvel girl etc he would have flown into space and finished that hippy off. He was cheap shotted....I am not the only one who says it. So quan if my friends are holding you down and I sneek up and knock you out that means I am tougher than you......lulz Speculation and this isn't even the highest sentry showing by any means.

Sentry does win against Gladiator due to being more powerful by a country mile.

bbrem123
im confused...pretty sure BM was koed in the end of it all..and for awhile too...current sentry stomps the shit out of BM anyways

Hyperion Prime
Speculation and this isn't even the highest sentry showing by any means.

Sentry does win against Gladiator due to being more powerful by a country mile.

Yeah but the thread starter wasn't talking about reality-warper sentry. Gladiator has been trained to be the perfect soldier, while bob dosent even know how to use his powers all that well. Gladiator flys through planets and stars....what has sentry done thats comparable? You don't think Glads couldnt put down terax???

quanchi112
Yeah but the thread starter wasn't talking about reality-warper sentry. Gladiator has been trained to be the perfect soldier, while bob dosent even know how to use his powers all that well. Gladiator flys through planets and stars....what has sentry done thats comparable? You don't think Glads couldnt put down terax??? Like I said overloaded absorbing man. Held a cc, went rounds against Photon, took on the collective, etc.

For all Glads feats he still was almost killed by masteron thor and was soundly beaten by the hulk.

Sentry took on the ww hulk and burned him out.

JakeTheBank

Lawl.

Sentry (with Void) > Thor, maybe. Sentry sans Void? Lol.

I'm not even going to bother responding to the notion of Gladiator being > Superman.

Hyperion Prime
Like I said overloaded absorbing man. Held a cc, went rounds against Photon, took on the collective, etc.

For all Glads feats he still was almost killed by masteron thor and was soundly beaten by the hulk.

Sentry took on the ww hulk and burned him out.

Big deal Sentry took on WW hulk. I don't think he is all that. Gladiator can do the same as could Superman who would have brought hulk to one knee. after a long hard fight.

Sentry was almost knocked out by a Helicarrier. He is a fraud.

I don't even want to get into Glads vs any kind of Thor.

quanchi112
Big deal Sentry took on WW hulk. I don't think he is all that. Gladiator can do the same as could Superman who would have brought hulk to one knee. after a long hard fight.

Sentry was almost knocked out by a Helicarrier. He is a fraud.

I don't even want to get into Glads vs any kind of Thor. You are speculation as Gladiator himself failed against hulk not the smarter ww hulk who is also stronger.

It wasn't just that he took him on, he fought the hulk's fight and was walking into punches, and letting him hit him.

Hulk burned himself out which I can't recall him ever doing fighting the likes of Thor, Gladiator, etc.

Sentry's feats, implied power, and powers make this his fight all day.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lawl.

Sentry (with Void) > Thor, maybe. Sentry sans Void? Lol.

I'm not even going to bother responding to the notion of Gladiator being > Superman.

What was funny about that? Everything I said was true. Thor STRUGGLED to take Terrax out of a fight and he has also had fits with absorbing man. Sentry ran through these two like candy. Sentry also stalemated a Hulk that is far more powerful than any Hulk Thor has faced. Hell, Thor got beat to sleep from Savage Hulk with his own hammer. WWH>Savage Hulk.

Sentry is more powerful and he is also more powerful than Gladiator as well.

quanchi112
What was funny about that? Everything I said was true. Thor STRUGGLED to take Terrax out of a fight and he has also had fits with absorbing man. Sentry ran through these two like candy. Sentry also stalemated a Hulk that is far more powerful than any Hulk Thor has faced. Hell, Thor got beat to sleep from Savage Hulk with his own hammer. WWH>Savage Hulk.

Sentry is more powerful and he is also more powerful than Gladiator as well. I could kiss you right now. No homo.

Silent Master
Seeing as Thor killed the Sentry, Thor > Sentry.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Silent Master
Seeing as Thor killed the Sentry, Thor > Sentry. When did Thor kill the Sentry ?

Silent Master
Thank you for admitting that you don't actually read the comics before trying to debate them.

carver9
Seeing as Thor killed the Sentry, Thor > Sentry.

Sentry never died by Thor alone. Thor had so much help in that fight (including an amp) that its ridiculous. If Void wanted Thor dead, it would have happened when he had Thor in that death grip spitting out blood.

Hell, Thor hit Sentry/Void with his best shot before the beginning of his fight with the avengers and he tanked that sh**. You all are in denial.

Thor get ripped in half like Ares did.

As for the fight... Gladiator isn't in Sentrys league.

Silent Master
Nah...The hit Thor used to kill the Sentry was obviously more powerful.

quanchi112
Thank you for admitting that you don't actually read the comics before trying to debate them. Since when is the Sentry a red being with tendrils coming out ?

Also, by your logic if Superman said kill me WW and she did then she beats Superman in a thread where he is actively fighting back.

The logic you stand by is mind boggling.

Silent Master
Thor killed the Sentry....deal with it.

quanchi112
Thor killed the Sentry....deal with it. So is context meaningless to you ?

You also proved you don't know the difference between sentry and the Void.

Silent Master
Are you claiming that the Sentry isn't dead?

quanchi112
Are you claiming that the Sentry isn't dead? When did I claim that ?

Are you claiming Thor killed the Sentry ?

Silent Master
Is the Sentry alive?

quanchi112
Is the Sentry alive? You made the claim Thor killed the Sentry. That's a lie.

Silent Master
Is
The
Sentry
Alive?

quanchi112
Is
The
Sentry
Alive? So you think Thor killed the Sentry and not the Void ? You know this is against the rules to include siege showings for the sentry, right ?

Silent Master
Stop dodging the question.

CosmicComet
Thor did not kill Sentry.

Thor indirectly killed Bob via the sun's radiating heat.

Sentry > Thor.

inimalist
You know this is against the rules to include siege showings for the sentry, right ?

so there!

Sentry isn't dead

quanchi112
Stop dodging the question. I won't allow you to break the rules.

JakeTheBank
Sentry never died by Thor alone. Thor had so much help in that fight (including an amp) that its ridiculous. If Void wanted Thor dead, it would have happened when he had Thor in that death grip spitting out blood.

Hell, Thor hit Sentry/Void with his best shot before the beginning of his fight with the avengers and he tanked that sh**. You all are in denial.

Thor get ripped in half like Ares did.

As for the fight... Gladiator isn't in Sentrys league.

So much help like vague Norn Stone amps, hellicarriers and meta and street levelers throwing shit at Void when Thor was the only herald class hero there. Not to mention Thor wasn't at 100% for the initial fight as he barely had time to recover from the U-Foes/Dark Avengers assault. And that's Void, anyway, as stated in the rules as how we're supposed to discuss Sentry.

He didn't "tank" anything. Thor damaged Voidtry's form.

I highly doubt that as Thor's durability >>>>>>>>> Ares and Loki.

I'm surprised. No really, I am.

JakeTheBank

Sentry is more powerful and he is also more powerful than Gladiator as well.

Based on your record of saying funny things, Carver.

Would you like me to name all the times Sentry has struggled? Trying to lowball does you no credit.

bbrem123
So much help like vague Norn Stone amps, hellicarriers and meta and street levelers throwing shit at Void when Thor was the only herald class hero there. Not to mention Thor wasn't at 100% for the initial fight as he barely had time to recover from the U-Foes/Dark Avengers assault. And that's Void, anyway, as stated in the rules as how we're supposed to discuss Sentry.

have u seen any other appearance of the void?...cuz it seems u really have little knowledge here

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by bbrem123
have u seen any other appearance of the void?...cuz it seems u really have little knowledge here

Yeah, I have, actually, and considering this is "Sentry" in this thread and not "Void", who are essentially two different characters for the purposes of debating on the forum here, your question is moot. Don't presume to know what I've read and not read, please.

bbrem123
classic sentry was a beast too...he is beyond gladiator imo

bbrem123
Yeah, I have, actually, and considering this is "Sentry" in this thread and not "Void", who are essentially two different characters for the purposes of debating on the forum here, your question is moot. Don't presume to know what I've read and not read, please.

well know what ur talking about next time and i wont...thanks thumb up

JakeTheBank
well know what ur talking about next time and i wont...thanks thumb up

erm

Yeah, I've read Siege and Sentry's minis as well as his portrayal under Bendis and other writers. So I think I'm quite knowledgeable on the character in spite of my dislike of him. I'm not going to argue Voidtry or the Void ala Siege being < Thor; he was shown to be superior in that fight, but based on nothing he did is he going to tear Thor in half ala Ares or Loki, both people his durability far and away curbstomps in comparison.

And seeing as this is Sentry being discussed in the thread...

It doesn't really matter anyway.

carver9

Yeah, Norn Stones that amped a high herald to unknown levels and metas to unknown levels.

Why wasn't Thor at 100%? He had PLENTY of time to heal. Well, I guess I can say that Void/Sentry wasn't at 100% since before this he was fighting cnstantly, even asgardians and before Voiding out, he took a direct hammer shot from Thor that lit the sky. Void was at 80 to 90% then.

By the way, they did damage to the Void during the time they received their amps.

Thor durability is greater than Ares but you are over exaggerating a bit. Even writers has stated that Ares and Thor are physically close to each other.

Why are you surprised? I know who is and isn't above Glads, I'm not biased at all.

leonidas
sentry wins this.

carver9
Based on your record of saying funny things, Carver.

Would you like me to name all the times Sentry has struggled? Trying to lowball does you no credit.

Lol... I wasn't being funny Jake.

You can name everything that Sentry struggled against but it will not help your argument. Sentry and Thor never faced each other so "I" am basing who is more powerful by looking at the similar/same foes they fought which is a good style of debating instead of second guessing.

The people I've named, Thor had trouble from them... these same people got beat in a couple of panels by a holding back Sentry (except Hulk). If "that doesn't answer your question on "who is more powerful", then you are truly being biased and Jake, from me seeing your debating style, in my eyes, you are one of the least biased peeps on the forum.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, Norn Stones that amped a high herald to unknown levels and metas to unknown levels.

Why wasn't Thor at 100%? He had PLENTY of time to heal. Well, I guess I can say that Void/Sentry wasn't at 100% since before this he was fighting cnstantly, even asgardians and before Voiding out, he took a direct hammer shot from Thor that lit the sky. Void was at 80 to 90% then.

By the way, they did damage to the Void during the time they received their amps.

Thor durability is greater than Ares but you are over exaggerating a bit. Even writers has stated that Ares and Thor are physically close to each other.

Why are you surprised? I know who is and isn't above Glads, I'm not biased at all.

Based on their history, Norn Stone do not a high herald make. It was clear, very clear, that Thor was the primary source of damage.

Because he got beat down by the U-Foes/Dark Avengers/Osborn's Cronies. Seeing as Siege took place in a single day, Thor getting rocked until he encountered Sentry was hardly enough time for him to fully heal. He was in bad shape, and that needs to be taken into context when we look at that scuffle between him and Voidtry. Voidtry is also > Thor to begin with. How far is what people are debating on. The damage Thor endured was greater than that of Sentry, who really never faced anyone capable of being a threat to him or his well being.

How much damage? Do you know? And based on the art and story, it was clearly Thor being shown to be the driving force of the heroes' offense.

Uh, no, Thor's durability blows Loki and Ares' out of the water. Bendis spouting they're equal is bullshit when you look at actual feats. I'm not exaggerating shit. There is no compare at the end of the day.

Lol, ok.

JakeTheBank
Lol... I wasn't being funny Jake.

You can name everything that Sentry struggled against but it will not help your argument. Sentry and Thor never faced each other so "I" am basing who is more powerful by looking at the similar/same foes they fought which is a good style of debating instead of second guessing.

The people I've named, Thor had trouble from them... these same people got beat in a couple of panels by a holding back Sentry (except Hulk). If "that doesn't answer your question on "who is more powerful", then you are truly being biased and Jake, from me seeing your debating style, in my eyes, you are one of the least biased peeps on the forum.

Okay.

Why not? I can show Thor beating people far more powerful than Terrax and Hulk. Then what?

And Thor holds back quite a damn bit, too. If you go feat for feat with "classic/ non-void" Sentry and Thor, considering histories as a whole, I don't see how you can claim Sentry is clearly more powerful than Thor. Voidtry or Void, sure, why not, but Sentry?

I guess my issue is that you give Sentry 7/10 here against Gladiator, whom you in the same breath would give the win over Superman. Which doesn't really make sense to me, tbh.

Zack Fair
Based on their history, Norn Stone do not a high herald make. It was clear, very clear, that Thor was the primary source of damage.

Because he got beat down by the U-Foes/Dark Avengers/Osborn's Cronies. Seeing as Siege took place in a single day, Thor getting rocked until he encountered Sentry was hardly enough time for him to fully heal. He was in bad shape, and that needs to be taken into context when we look at that scuffle between him and Voidtry. Voidtry is also > Thor to begin with. How far is what people are debating on. The damage Thor endured was greater than that of Sentry, who really never faced anyone capable of being a threat to him or his well being.

How much damage? Do you know? And based on the art and story, it was clearly Thor being shown to be the driving force of the heroes' offense.

Uh, no, Thor's durability blows Loki and Ares' out of the water. Bendis spouting they're equal is bullshit when you look at actual feats. I'm not exaggerating shit. There is no compare at the end of the day.

Lol, ok. thumb up

Okay.

Why not? I can show Thor beating people far more powerful than Terrax and Hulk. Then what?

And Thor holds back quite a damn bit, too. If you go feat for feat with "classic/ non-void" Sentry and Thor, considering histories as a whole, I don't see how you can claim Sentry is clearly more powerful than Thor. Voidtry or Void, sure, why not, but Sentry?

I guess my issue is that you give Sentry 7/10 here against Gladiator, whom you in the same breath would give the win over Superman. Which doesn't really make sense to me, tbh.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
thumb up

bbrem123
erm

Yeah, I've read Siege and Sentry's minis as well as his portrayal under Bendis and other writers. So I think I'm quite knowledgeable on the character in spite of my dislike of him. I'm not going to argue Voidtry or the Void ala Siege being < Thor; he was shown to be superior in that fight, but based on nothing he did is he going to tear Thor in half ala Ares or Loki, both people his durability far and away curbstomps in comparison.

And seeing as this is Sentry being discussed in the thread...

It doesn't really matter anyway.

classic strange and Reed were shitting their pants over the void and could do nothing to stop him, and its been shown more then once that thor was usless against void, guess u missed that in mini series

siege and his mini's series are not all showings...so i guess u dont know as much as u thought.... erm

its been shown several times that the only way to stop void is with bob...its pretty clear man...siege was no different

carver9
Okay.

You don't get it Jake. You probably could show Thor defeating more powerful people but that still doesn't change the fact that Sentry has faced the same people Thor faced and did better. Surfer fought and defeated people more powerful than Thor but that still doesn't change the fact that Surfer would lose to Thor. Do you get it now Jake. Sentrys performance against the same peeps Thor fought is more impressive.

Thor does hold back but he had every intention on dropping AM and Terrax along with Hulk who was stomping the Avengers.

Sentry is more powerful than Thor and have proven this. Just because Sentry never faced the same peeps that Thor faced doesn't take away from the fact that the people that they did face Sentry outclassed him.

Sentry is more powerful than Supes, Thor, and Glads imo so why wouldn't i give Sentry the majority over Supes as well?

JakeTheBank
classic strange and Reed were shitting their pants over the void and could do nothing to stop him, and its been shown more then once that thor was usless against void, guess u missed that in mini series

siege and his mini's series are not all showings...so i guess u dont know as much as u thought.... erm

its been shown several times that the only way to stop void is with bob...its pretty clear man...siege was no different

Yeah? And? What does that have to with anything being discussed about Sentry?

Didn't say they were. Nice strawman.

So if Bob was faced against virtually any character, it would be Bob and Bob alone who dictates how it's going to end?

JakeTheBank
You don't get it Jake. You probably could show Thor defeating more powerful people but that still doesn't change the fact that Sentry has faced the same people Thor faced and did better. Surfer fought and defeated people more powerful than Thor but that still doesn't change the fact that Surfer would lose to Thor. Do you get it now Jake. Sentrys performance against the same peeps Thor fought is more impressive.

Thor does hold back but he had every intention on dropping AM and Terrax along with Hulk who was stomping the Avengers.

Sentry is more powerful than Thor and have proven this. Just because Sentry never faced the same peeps that Thor faced doesn't take away from the fact that the people that they did face Sentry outclassed him.

Sentry is more powerful than Supes, Thor, and Glads imo so why wouldn't i give Sentry the majority over Supes as well?

Him fighting the same people Thor did with apparent better ease doesn't make him more powerful, though. Which is why you look at character histories as a whole instead of fixating on specific fights. His performance against those specific people might have been more impressive, but that in of itself doesn't make him > Thor.

Thor's also tooled AM before and Thor as a rule holds back a great deal of his overall power against Hulk.

I strongly disagree, especially if we're using Sentry w/o Void feats.

See the above.

bbrem123

Lol, ok.

thor took greater damage? how so?...sentry got stab in the side by an axe...

driving force?...pretty sure everybody with the amp did similar damage...and all the other heros were obviously beyond herald level since they did more damage then a non amp thor(who is high herald) am i wrong?

bbrem123
Yeah? And? What does that have to with anything being discussed about Sentry?

Didn't say they were. Nice strawman.

So if Bob was faced against virtually any character, it would be Bob and Bob alone who dictates how it's going to end?

shows sentry can end a treat thor cant

jsut pointing out u dont know that much about void

and didnt say that...ur putting words in my mouth...said every appearance of void has gone like that...and thor was there for some encounters...making siege no different then previous times

bbrem123
Him fighting the same people Thor did with apparent better ease doesn't make him more powerful, though. Which is why you look at character histories as a whole instead of fixating on specific fights. His performance against those specific people might have been more impressive, but that in of itself doesn't make him > Thor.

Thor's also tooled AM before and Thor as a rule holds back a great deal of his overall power against Hulk.

See the above.

we are using classic sentry no?...he also held back a great deal...also classic sentry didnt have many feats... imo sentry seemed beyond thor by what was shown...not saying it is a stomp by any means tho...just think sentry has the nod over thor

JakeTheBank
thor took greater damage? how so?...sentry got stab in the side by an axe...

driving force?...pretty sure everybody with the amp did similar damage...and all the other heros were obviously beyond herald level since they did more damage then a non amp thor(who is high herald) am i wrong?

U-Foes/Dark Avengers/Osborn's cronies/Sentry dive bomb > Ares' axe, I'd wager.

No, not everyone else did damage on par with what Thor produced. I don't even see how that's debatable. And no, nothing the other heroes did showed anything remotely close to being beyond heralds. We don't know what the hell Loki did with the Norn Stones, but it's clear that whatever it was, Thor was the major factor.

bbrem123
U-Foes/Dark Avengers/Osborn's cronies/Sentry dive bomb > Ares' axe, I'd wager.

No, not everyone else did damage on par with what Thor produced. I don't even see how that's debatable. And no, nothing the other heroes did showed anything remotely close to being beyond heralds. We don't know what the hell Loki did with the Norn Stones, but it's clear that whatever it was, Thor was the major factor.

thor could not hurt void prior the amp(fact)

heroes could after amp(fact)

so heroes are stronger then thor without amp...its very simple

besides the final blow thor did similar damage to what the others did with the norn stone amp... i dont see how you disagree with that...i will look back at the scans tho to make sure give me a sec

and if thor got axed in his side he would have been much worse off then the damage he took...so yea axe to side is greater then damage thor took.

JakeTheBank
shows sentry can end a treat thor cant

jsut pointing out u dont know that much about void

and didnt say that...ur putting words in my mouth...said every appearance of void has gone like that...and thor was there for some encounters...making siege no different then previous times

And Thor's ended threats Sentry hasn't and wouldn't be able to do. erm

I know plenty, k thanx.

So, where does "Bob is the only one who can beat Bob" end, then? That's a no limits fallacy if you take that belief to the extreme.

we are using classic sentry no?...he also held back a great deal...also classic sentry didnt have many feats... imo sentry seemed beyond thor by what was shown...not saying it is a stomp by any means tho...just think sentry has the nod over thor

Yeah, this is about "Classic" Sentry or at least Sentry w/o Void feats/showings which makes all this conjecture about Siege and his other minis off topic.

bbrem123
yea thor amped did just as much damage as capt did....and it seemed to only annoy void...

carver9

See the above.

I still don't get your point. How about this then... Sentry stalemated Genis who is>Thor and Sentry also stalemated Collective who has the power of every being on the planet and Collective>Thor. Let's also not forget that Sentry defeated Void and also stalemated Void and we have seen how Void and Thor fare against each other.

Sentry doesn't have as many showings as Thor but again, if we base their fights off of the people they have fared against, Sentry outshines Thor. Hell, you can even include Wolverine. Wolverine was punched by Sentry and classified Sentry punch as being hit by Galactus and Wolvy couldn't even land a lick whereas his fight against Thor... well..."things that make you go hhhmmm". The only time you can really use anything against Sentry is when his mind was unstable but besides that, every hero and villian on the planet feared him and acknowledged his power.

Thor has outright stated that he wanted to kill Savage Hulk and failed. Thor has also been beaten to sleep by Hulk. Thor has also been aided by the Avengers against the Hulk and still failed to drop him. Sentry fought the most powerful version of Hulk that has ever existed and this Hulk was PISSED and Sentry even let this "more powerful version of Hulk", get in some free punches (whereas Thor got his face caved in when Hulk used his hammer to hit him) and Sentry still taxed him.

Its not a bad thing that Sentry is over Thor Jake.

bbrem123
And Thor's ended threats Sentry hasn't and wouldn't be able to do. erm

I know plenty, k thanx.

So, where does "Bob is the only one who can beat Bob" end, then? That's a no limits fallacy if you take that belief to the extreme.

Yeah, this is about "Classic" Sentry or at least Sentry w/o Void feats/showings which makes all this conjecture about Siege and his other minis off topic.

thor ended it because bob asked him to...which is why he didnt regenerate

who knows....we know that the stones were enough to aleast make him feel pain so go off that i guess...beats me man

ur right tho...off topic...back to sentry vs gladiator

bbrem123
I still don't get your point. How about this then... Sentry stalemated Genis who is>Thor and Sentry also stalemated Collective who has the power of every being on the planet and Collective>Thor. Let's also not forget that Sentry defeated Void and also stalemated Void and we have seen how Void and Thor fare against each other.

Sentry doesn't have as many showings as Thor but again, if we base their fights off of the people they have fared against, Sentry outshines Thor. Hell, you can even include Wolverine. Wolverine was punched by Sentry and classified Sentry punch as being hit by Galactus and Wolvy couldn't even land a lick whereas his fight against Thor... well..."things that make you go hhhmmm". The only time you can really use anything against Sentry is when his mind was unstable but besides that, every hero and villian on the planet feared him and acknowledged his power.

Thor has outright stated that he wanted to kill Savage Hulk and failed. Thor has also been beaten to sleep by Hulk. Thor has also been aided by the Avengers against the Hulk and still failed to drop him. Sentry fought the most powerful version of Hulk that has ever existed and this Hulk was PISSED and Sentry even let this "more powerful version of Hulk", get in some free punches (whereas Thor got his face caved in when Hulk used his hammer to hit him) and Sentry still taxed him.

Its not a bad thing that Sentry is over Thor Jake.

nice post

tkitna

Can't remember which mod it was but I am sure they are still here. If the other avengers would not have been there Blue Marvel would have finished him

If the Sentry would have pressed, when Blue Marvel was down instead of letting him talk and catch his breath, he wouldnt have gotten punched in the first place.

Bob wins

h1a8
Speculation and this isn't even the highest sentry showing by any means.

Sentry does win against Gladiator due to being more powerful by a country mile. Name a feat by Sentry that compares to destroying a planet in a few blows. This may not even be Gladiator at his full confidence level. There may be even another level for him.

tkitna
Name a feat by Sentry that compares to destroying a planet in a few blows. This may not even be Gladiator at his full confidence level. There may be even another level for him.

How about throwing punches with Genis that were powerful enough to destroy planets. Is that comparable?

Mindset
While holding back.

But it was from the energy they were blasting off, not just from punches.

tkitna
Originally posted by Mindset
While holding back.

But it was from the energy they were blasting off, not from punches.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that. laughing out loud

Existere
Name a feat by Sentry that compares to destroying a planet in a few blows. This may not even be Gladiator at his full confidence level. There may be even another level for him. ANOTHER LEVEL!?!?

Hyperion Prime
If the Sentry would have pressed, when Blue Marvel was down instead of letting him talk and catch his breath, he wouldnt have gotten punched in the first place.

Bob wins

Would'a could'a shoud'a You live in a fantasy world....you are imagining things in a comic as if you were writing it.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Existere
ANOTHER LEVEL!?!? He'll go Super Saiyan!

BattleMage
Gladiator 10/10 in both fights. Sentry was knocked out by Blue marvel...and before you say it didnt happen one of the moderators on here agreed sentry eyes were rolled in the back of his head and he was out cold. It was a KMC KO!!! He was gone two pages

Gladiator would rock the sentry any day of the week. He is a more trained fighter. Hell he is a soldier and was trained by the Shiar to be a killer. Gladiator would beat him to death.

Edit it was Bada

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=497195&pagenumber=3
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm05007.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/1031145-albm_05_009_super.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm05006.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm05011.jpg Nice... cool

bbrem123

Zack Fair
Would Gladiator's mohawk transform into a full blown Afro with a SSJ transformation? if so he wins by sheer awesomeness alone; that and he will seduce that blonde chick known as Sentry.

h1a8
How about throwing punches with Genis that were powerful enough to destroy planets. Is that comparable? How do you reason that they were powerful enough to destroy planets, not that I don't believe you though.

Nihilist
How do you reason that they were powerful enough to destroy planets, not that I don't believe you though. Because it was stated on panel/in the story.

h1a8
Originally posted by Nihilist
Because it was stated on panel/in the story.

I know. I was just messing with him since he said "PUNCHING" when the panel said power was released.

I believe the panel since Sentry was being made as a superior being to Superman at the time.

But in general, I don't accept what the panel says over WHAT IS SHOWN. If I always did, then I would believe Sentry stalemated Galactus.

tkitna
I was just messing about the Genis deal. It was a decent feat regardless.

Would'a could'a shoud'a You live in a fantasy world....you are imagining things in a comic as if you were writing it.

Just as you imagine Blue Marvel would have easily flew up and took care of Sentry if he wasnt getting his ass kicked by the other Avengers. Putting that would'a could'a should'a BS of yours on the side, all I saw from that comic was Blue Marvel being carried off the battlefield in his own book.

Hyperion Prime
I was just messing about the Genis deal. It was a decent feat regardless.

Just as you imagine Blue Marvel would have easily flew up and took care of Sentry if he wasnt getting his ass kicked by the other Avengers. Putting that would'a could'a should'a BS of yours on the side, all I saw from that comic was Blue Marvel being carried off the battlefield in his own book.

Bada even said your boy got KTFO

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.