Why didn't Yoda offer to train Starkiller?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
When Starkiller arrived on Dagobah and Yoda sensed his presence and he and left the cave of the dark side, why didn't Yoda offer to teach him? Surely he knew how powerful he was, so in my mind completing Starkiller's training would be a must, but he didn't. Did someone e-mail Yoda saying "Master Kota is training a new apprentice" or did he get the memo stating "Starkiller - former Darth Vader apprentice." Any answers?

Slash_KMC
Probably because he was too old. Sounds like something Yoda would say.

Dr McBeefington
Because starkiller didn't exist until a bunch of morons started messing up continuity.

Gambler
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Because starkiller didn't exist until a bunch of morons started messing up continuity.

Aye! Possibly the worst canonized character ever. I'd take cloned infinities Darth Maul over this one called Starkiller any day. GL has really lost his mind.

ares834

thumb up

Lord Lucien
Really, what is it with you and those games? Are you married to them?

Nephthys
Because having him just show up for 2 seconds and stand there despite the massive advertisement of him is so much more awesome and ingauging.

Though him being a clone might have something to do with it. Possibly.

Lord Lucien
Yoda's a clone too? I knew it!

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
When Starkiller arrived on Dagobah and Yoda sensed his presence and he and left the cave of the dark side, why didn't Yoda offer to teach him? Surely he knew how powerful he was, so in my mind completing Starkiller's training would be a must, but he didn't. Did someone e-mail Yoda saying "Master Kota is training a new apprentice" or did he get the memo stating "Starkiller - former Darth Vader apprentice." Any answers?

Simple. The Force told him "he has his own path to walk. Don't interfere."

Remember that was one of the PT-era Jedi's failings. To focused on obeying "the Jedi Code" and trying to exert control over everything, not enough focus on leaving things to the will of the Force.

The same reason they didn't train Luke and Leia from infancy.

truejedi
You realize that there weren't supposed to be any Jedi left, except for Luke? Instead there were literally hundreds. I mean on Tatooine, they had forgotten all about jedi.

Lord Lucien
Han had never even heard of the Force.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by truejedi
You realize that there weren't supposed to be any Jedi left, except for Luke? Instead there were literally hundreds. I mean on Tatooine, they had forgotten all about jedi.

Which is why I think Revan was more successful in the extermination of the Jedi than Palpatine.

Lord Lucien
Wasn't it "technically" to Sion and Nihilus' credit?

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Wasn't it "technically" to Sion and Nihilus' credit?

No, that came later. Kreia stated that "after the Jedi Civil War, barely a hundred jedi remained". Or was it "less than a hundred jedi remained"? It was one of the two.

Lord Lucien
Actually I think both were used at varying points. One in the loading screen.

But yeah, Revan did wear away their numbers through actual war, not backstabbing. Has a number ever been given as to how many Jedi their were circa 4,000--3,950 BBY?

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Actually I think both were used at varying points. One in the loading screen.

But yeah, Revan did wear away their numbers through actual war, not backstabbing. Has a number ever been given as to how many Jedi their were circa 4,000--3,950 BBY?

Nope but it seemed there were less than 50 or so when the Triumvate was doing their thing. In any case, Revan's accidental extermination was succesful.

Lord Lucien
He even did one better by turning them to kill more Jedi in turn.

Dr McBeefington

Kazenji
Originally posted by Gambler
Aye! Possibly the worst canonized character ever. I'd take cloned infinities Darth Maul over this one called Starkiller any day. GL has really lost his mind.

And what part of the game did he have to do with it?

Lord Lucien
Apparently he saw the demo of it and told the developers to "make this game". Or something.

That's about it, he gave the go ahead.

darth radon
anyways,i think yoda was being a hater or a retard because starkiller almost did what yoda could not ...defeat the sith. I don't see luke pulling star destroyers out of the sky clone or not, darkside or not. I don't see why it matters what SIDE of the force you are on, hell if you could do better against the empire than the chosen-not-chosen-yet-chosen-one then hell yea let my old ass show you every thing I know! you did what over...help me out with an estimate of how many jedi vader in general killed/I cant even count them all! From the archives keeper to his own daughter!!!!

Dr McBeefington
Oy

chilled monkey
Originally posted by darth radon
anyways,i think yoda was being a hater or a retard because starkiller almost did what yoda could not ...defeat the sith. I don't see luke pulling star destroyers out of the sky clone or not, darkside or not.

Again, he didn't pull anything out of the sky. It was already falling, he just re-directed it.

I don't see why it matters what SIDE of the force you are on,

It matters because if you're on the wrong side then 'defeating the Sith' would accomplish absolutely nothing. It would just replace one monster with an even worse monster.

truejedi
QFT. Except, I didn't quote it. But you get the idea.

SIDIOUS 66
anyways,i think yoda was being a hater or a retard because starkiller almost did what yoda could not ...defeat the sith. I don't see luke pulling star destroyers out of the sky clone or not, darkside or not. I don't see why it matters what SIDE of the force you are on, hell if you could do better against the empire than the chosen-not-chosen-yet-chosen-one then hell yea let my old ass show you every thing I know! you did what over...help me out with an estimate of how many jedi vader in general killed/I cant even count them all! From the archives keeper to his own daughter!!!!

Are you singing?

darth radon
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Are you singing? LOL it would seem! I didn't even notice that!

The Rover
...help me out with an estimate of how many jedi vader in general killed/I cant even count them all! From the archives keeper to his own daughter!!!!

Wait...Vader killed Leia?!?!

Also: How many Jedi did Vader kill? A bunch of kids? The older/younger Jedi stuck at the Temple? Starkiller took down (or failed to take down) all the big ones...

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by The Rover

Also: How many Jedi did Vader kill? A bunch of kids? The older/younger Jedi stuck at the Temple? Starkiller took down (or failed to take down) all the big ones... That's a good question. Vader is known to have killed:

Jurokk, Master and Temple Gatekeeper
Jocastua Nu, Master and the archive keeper
Cin Drallig, the Order's battlemaster
Sera Keto
Whie Malreaux
Bene (the last three all Cin's apprentices)
An entire clan of Younglings
Various Jedi in the Temple must be killed in the RotS video-game by the player-controlled Vader.
Sha Koon, Knight
Bol Chatak, Master
Roan Shryne, Master
Siadem Forte, Knight
Iwo Kulka, Knight
Shadday Potkin, Master
Ma'kis'shaalas, Knight
Koffi Arana, Master
Sia-Lan Wezz, Knight
Ferus Olin, Padawan
Kento Marek, Knight
The Dark Woman, Master
Obi-Wan Kenobi, Master

Those are the only Jedi that I can find on Vader's kill-list. He's defeated more, and killed otherwise aligned Force-users.

The Rover
I guess he did get Obi-Wan in the end...still, that list doesn't match up with the vamp he used to get, pre-Revenge of the Sith - I used to imagine that Vader hunted down and murdered every Jedi, as unrealistic as that might seem. It looks like he basically ended up killing a bunch of EU Jedi (with a few exceptions) from the Revenge of the Sith-related media.

Lord Lucien
Pretty much, yeah. Lucas didn't feel like showing us anything else.

The Rover
Poor emasculated Vader.

Naga Sado

Also: How many Jedi did Vader kill? A bunch of kids? The older/younger Jedi stuck at the Temple? Starkiller took down (or failed to take down) all the big ones... He did but luke and some other female master some ho resurected her.

General G
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Again, he didn't pull anything out of the sky. It was already falling, he just re-directed it.

It matters because if you're on the wrong side then 'defeating the Sith' would accomplish absolutely nothing. It would just replace one monster with an even worse monster.

What are you talking about?? He pulled the thing out of the sky...it wasn't falling initially...what would have been making it fall beforehand...? :s

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by General G
What are you talking about?? He pulled the thing out of the sky...it wasn't falling initially...what would have been making it fall beforehand...? :s Welcome back to the EU forum, where the novelization of TFU is considered canon, not the game.

chilled monkey
What are you talking about??

The facts of the matter as described in the novel.

He pulled the thing out of the sky...it wasn't falling initially...

No it was falling, seeing as the shipyard it was being built at had just blown up.

He didn't pull anything, he just re-directed it.

what would have been making it fall beforehand...? :s

Gee, maybe a little thing called gravity?

Read the book.

lord starkiller
I guess he did get Obi-Wan in the end...still, that list doesn't match up with the vamp he used to get, pre-Revenge of the Sith - I used to imagine that Vader hunted down and murdered every Jedi, as unrealistic as that might seem. It looks like he basically ended up killing a bunch of EU Jedi (with a few exceptions) from the Revenge of the Sith-related media. obi wan died to be a force ghost and so he could test luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.