Bersrker Wolverine in a Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
logan is absolutely berserk. how far does he get? all battles h2h--no weapons, no extaneous powers.

1. namor
2. she-hulk
3. a-bomb
4. skarr
5. kalibak (classic)
6. sasquatch
7. thor
8. hercules
9. rulk
10. wwh
11. j'onnz smile

Supermutant
Namor should be lower on the list, so Wolvie stops at 1.

inimalist
by "no weapons" does wolverine get his claws?

similary, by no extra powers, can wolverine heal?

leonidas
logan gets his weapons and healing--no one he fights does.

Parmaniac
Rulk BFR's him shifty

Gecko4lif
Namor should be 4.

As it is Logan get to 1 then get Fuuuuuuucked up

StiltmanFTW

StiltmanFTW
Namor knows he can't take Wolverine. He freakin stated that on panel. Logan is faster and more deadly.

leonidas
and i'd not wager against she-hulk in a full-on battle between her and namor.

and logan is berserk--i think that plays a large role in this.

StiltmanFTW
I'm not 100% sure Logan could pierce Rick's hide...

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I'm not 100% sure Logan could pierce Rick's hide... If he can't A-Bomb should be way higher in the gauntlet.

srankmissingnin
Likely stops at 9 or 10, but it is conceivable he could be stopped by Sasquatch as some incarnations have a pretty powerful healing factor, but that isn't the norm for the character.

Supermutant
Namor knows he can't take Wolverine. He freakin stated that on panel. Logan is faster and more deadly.

Show that scan, cause everytime I've seen them fight Namor calls him a runt and an imbecile and does quite well for example.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Revolution03a.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Revolution03b.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Revolution03c.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Revolution03d.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Revolution03e.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Supermutant
Show that scan, cause everytime I've seen them fight Namor calls him a runt and an imbecile and does quite well for example.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Revolution03a.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Revolution03b.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Revolution03c.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Revolution03d.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Revolution03e.jpg

Here you are:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5166/pridenotsogreat.jpg

Originally posted by leonidas
logan gets his weapons and healing--no one he fights does. he gets muramasa?

Supermutant
Here you are:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5166/pridenotsogreat.jpg

Well that completely contradicts the below fight where Namor takes Wolverine claws in his chest and quickly recovers to ko him.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Healing/Wolverinev345a.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Strength/Wolverinev345a.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Strength/Wolverinev345b.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Well that completely contradicts the below fight where Namor takes Wolverine claws in his chest and quickly recovers to ko him.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Healing/Wolverinev345a.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Strength/Wolverinev345a.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Strength/Wolverinev345b.jpg

Logan was preoccupied, dude. And he's not familiar with atlantean physiology, apparently.

Mindset
Looks like he got knowledgeable about the physiology of an Atlantean fist.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindset
Looks like he got knowledgeable about the physiology of an Atlantean fist.

And you got the knowledge about atlantean fisting.

Mindset
And you got the knowledge about atlantean fisting. You mean when I painted myself blue and went wrist deep in your mom?

We were actually being Naavi.

srankmissingnin
Namor has needed a plot device (water source, distraction, mind control, USAgent), to survive every one of his various encounters with Wolverine.

inimalist
9/10, though sas gives him a good run

-K-M-
I'd be curious to see the damage Wolverine could due to Kalibak.

SuperiorTech
Can wolverine cut a-bomb?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Can wolverine cut a-bomb?

I doubt it, to be honest.

Supermutant
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Namor has needed a plot device (water source, distraction, mind control, USAgent), to survive every one of his various encounters with Wolverine.

And Wolverine has needed Tony Stark armor to get a win. Since when is water a plot device lol, like its not around, more than than 2/3 of the Earth is covered by it.

inimalist
more than than 2/3 of the Earth is covered by it.

the battlefield of a KMC fight is not, however.

Mindset
Namor will bathe in Wolverine's blood.

inimalist
Namor will bathe in Wolverine's blood.

wolverine is more than 90% water

Mindset
I agree, he's a water head.

inimalist
he gets wet son

srankmissingnin
And Wolverine has needed Tony Stark armor to get a win. Since when is water a plot device lol, like its not around, more than than 2/3 of the Earth is covered by it.

Wolverine needed Stark's armor to fight Namor the sea...

Water is a plot device when makes a character stronger, faster and completely rejuvenates them... duh.

Silent Master
Wolverine needed Stark's armor to fight Namor the sea...

Water is a plot device when makes a character stronger, faster and completely rejuvenates them... duh.

Kind of like a healing factor is a plot device, since it heals the damage a character suffers....damage which would make them weaker, slower and tire them out.

You could almost say that a HF makes the charcter stronger, faster and completely rejuvenates them.

smile

inimalist
LOL

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Silent Master
Kind of like a healing factor is a plot device, since it heal the damage a character suffers....damage which would make them weaker, slower and tire them out.

You could almost say that a HF makes the charcter stronger, faster and completely rejuvenates them.

smile

Except a healing factor isn't an external factor, it's part of the character. Stop eating lead paint. dur

Silent Master
Except a healing factor isn't an external factor, it's part of the character. Stop eating lead paint. dur

Like the adamantium that covers Wolverine's skeleton?

leonidas
hmm, not sure why i assumed logan could cut a-bomb. is there some feat that would indicate he couldn't? and as a berserker, his strength is usually depicted as being higher than the norm, is it not?

SasuOna
Namor has hit people who are FTL
I mean nothings really stopping him from just overpowering Wolverine and putting his face in the dirt til he gives up.

Wolverine ain't taking a non PIS bloodlusted Namor so he stops at 1 although he would likely beat some other people on the list imo

a-bomb is armored and seems tougher than hulk. but there's nothing conclusive about it

inimalist
Originally posted by SasuOna
I mean nothings really stopping him from just overpowering Wolverine and putting his face in the dirt til he gives up.

that seems similar to how most fights Wolverine has with cl100s go...

wait a second...

leonidas
Originally posted by inimalist
that seems similar to how most fights Wolverine has with cl100s go...

wait a second...

laughing out loud

SasuOna
Sebastian Shaw overpowered Wolvie and put him in a hold. The only reason the Hulk doesn't do this is because of plot.

Logically Wolverine isn't going to escape something like that applied by someone who is several times stronger then him.

JakeTheBank
Sebastian Shaw overpowered Wolvie and put him in a hold. The only reason the Hulk doesn't do this is because of plot.

Logically Wolverine isn't going to escape something like that applied by someone who is several times stronger then him.

I'd actually like to see this done in comics more often. I mean, hell, so long as he's held in a way that he can't easily pop his claws in, what the hell could he do if he's restrained by a Class 100 or even someone significantly weaker than that but still far stronger than Logan himself?

Silent Master
Without PIS, a cl 1 TK user would be all that it would take to own Wolverine.

iceman24567
Stops at one

jalek moye
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'd actually like to see this done in comics more often. I mean, hell, so long as he's held in a way that he can't easily pop his claws in, what the hell could he do if he's restrained by a Class 100 or even someone significantly weaker than that but still far stronger than Logan himself?

The same could be said for tons of other characters not just wolverine being held.. The only characters I could see doign that kind of stuff are characters who grapple most of the time, and even then I think they would get tired of just holding him there.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by jalek moye
The same could be said for tons of other characters not just wolverine being held.. The only characters I could see doign that kind of stuff are characters who grapple most of the time, and even then I think they would get tired of just holding him there.

Even characters with massively high amounts of stamina to draw upon?

inimalist

a hold that also prevents wolverine from stabbing the person who is also now immobalized right beside him?

Sebastian Shaw also absorbs kinetic energy, right?

Without PIS, a cl 1 TK user would be all that it would take to own Wolverine.

wolverine actually has some degree of TK resistance

jalek moye
Even characters with massively high amounts of stamina to draw upon?

by tired I don't mean exhuasted i mean like just sick of doing it. They'd eventually try to throw him or somethign because no one wants to just stand there for days.

srankmissingnin

Shaw did that to Daniel Wayverine, not Wolverine, and Wayverine still beat him off panel after he cut the lights.

srankmissingnin

Try to wrestle with someone holding two knives, and let use know how that turns out for you.

JakeTheBank
Try to wrestle with someone holding two knives, and let use know how that turns out for you.

Lol?

If I'm a class 100+ being and I hold them in a way that restricts their arm movement with my vastly superior physical strength, I'm not going to worry about their knives. Unless you think Logan could break such a hold?

Silent Master
wolverine actually has some degree of TK resistance

Besides PIS, how exactly does one have resistance to being picked up or held by TK?

StyleTime
As far as the "hold Wolverine down" argument is concerned, I'd like to remind everyone that Wolverine is incredibly skilled and is faster than your average brick. Pinning him down without getting diced isn't an easy task.
Besides PIS, how exactly does one have resistance to being picked up or held by TK?
Comics have a tendency to do stupid stuff.

Silent Master
Originally posted by StyleTime
Comics have a tendency to do stupid stuff.

Which would fall under PIS.

inimalist

on panel feats where characters with TK are unable to affect him?

like what, you want me to describe the physical mechanisms of a force that only exists in fictional universes? LOL

you should write marvel and tell them they got the physics of psychic powers wrong wink

inimalist
Lol?

If I'm a class 100+ being and I hold them in a way that restricts their arm movement with my vastly superior physical strength, I'm not going to worry about their knives. Unless you think Logan could break such a hold?

you are going to immobalize both the wrists and the body simultaniously while constantly maintaining enough distance to avoid slashes? against an opponent whose bones wont break, wont tap out, and probably outlasts you?

I'm skeptical...

JakeTheBank
you are going to immobalize both the wrists and the body simultaniously while constantly maintaining enough distance to avoid slashes? against an opponent whose bones wont break, wont tap out, and probably outlasts you?

I'm skeptical...

If I'm someone with durability enough to endure said slashes with minimal damage if any, and/or any reasonable amount of superspeed/skill, yeah, I don't see why this would be such an impossible feat. You're more than welcome to explain why this would be difficult to achieve in the sense of merely immobilizing Logan to the point where he really can't form any kind of offense, period, though.

Silent Master
on panel feats where characters with TK are unable to affect him?

like what, you want me to describe the physical mechanisms of a force that only exists in fictional universes? LOL

you should write marvel and tell them they got the physics of psychic powers wrong wink

Without a valid reason for his "resistance to TK", it would fall under PIS.

srankmissingnin
Lol?

You'd have to get him in such a hold before he stabbed several times... not likely to happen.

Don Corleone
How about a class 100 dropping something that weighs 10 tons on Wolverine. I've always wondered about that.

StyleTime
Which would fall under PIS.
I always thought powers like those might be an exception. If any given universe says that is how TK works there, then that is just how it works there. It's similar to the whole "telepathy defense" BS. I personally doubt there's any way to stop a telepath from rummaging through your head, excluding telepathy of your own. Originally posted by Don Corleone
How about a class 100 dropping something that weighs 10 tons on Wolverine. I've always wondered about that.
I always considered that a viable tactic. Well, I'd do it if I were fighting him anyway. It seems far more reliable than grappling with him.

Parmaniac
Standard forum setting = empty & endless white room.

Silent Master
Originally posted by StyleTime
I always thought powers like those might be an exception. If any given universe says that is how TK works there, then that is just how it works there. It's similar to the whole "telepathy defense" BS. I personally doubt there's any way to stop a telepath from rummaging through your head, excluding telepathy of your own.

As far as I can tell, Marvel hasn't said that's how TK works in our universe, it seems to be, that is how TK works against Wolverine. Which would make it PIS. Unless there is a valid reason for him having resistance.

-Pr-
Wait. Does Wolverine have some sort of feat that makes him immune to telekinesis?

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
Wait. Does Wolverine have some sort of feat that makes him immune to telekinesis? I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

JakeTheBank
Besides "he's Wolverine", I don't even begin to know how that would work.

Parmaniac
Every not totally idiotic TK user should tool Wolverine.

carver9
I don't understand why people are talking about grappling with Wolverine when he is pretty much faster than everyone here that he is facing. Hell, at some points in some of the battles that he has fought against with some of these peeps, it has been stated that he is faster than them.

A-Bomb should have been further down on the list, Wolverine can't cut him. The only thing that I can see that Wolverine could possibly do to pull a win is stabbing him in the eyes and he is fast enough to do it.

Silent Master
Wait. Does Wolverine have some sort of feat that makes him immune to telekinesis?

I was told he had TK resistance.....but no feat or reason has been given yet.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
I don't understand why people are talking about grappling with Wolverine when he is pretty much faster than everyone here that he is facing. Hell, at some points in some of the battles that he has fought against with some of these peeps, it has been stated that he is faster than them.

A-Bomb should have been further down on the list, Wolverine can't cut him. The only thing that I can see that Wolverine could possibly do to pull a win is stabbing him in the eyes and he is fast enough to do it.

logan is absolutely berserk. how far does he get? all battles h2h--no weapons, no extaneous powers.

1. namor
2. she-hulk
3. a-bomb
4. skarr
5. kalibak (classic)
6. sasquatch
7. thor
8. hercules
9. rulk
10. wwh
11. j'onnz smile

confused

I was told he had TK resistance.....but no feat or reason has been given yet.

tbh, that sounds ridiculous.

Silent Master
I agree.

Parmaniac
I always saw TK as somekind of a force that dishes out invisble punches how you can be immune to it is beyond me.

As long as I don't see a scan with an explanation I call BS.

-Pr-
if logan was some sort of "blind spot" that didn't allow telekinetics to directly affect him, then i might be able to deal with it, but standard telekinetic directional attacks or thrown objects shouldn't have any trouble with him, imo.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I always saw TK as somekind of a force that dishes out invisble punches how you can be immune to it is beyond me.

As long as I don't see a scan with an explanation I call BS.

I betting if the scan does exist, it says something about either his will and/or berserker rage causing feedback or something similar.

Which would make it PIS, because that isn't how TK works.

Mindset
if logan was some sort of "blind spot" that didn't allow telekinetics to directly affect himB] Yea, that doesn't make any kind of since either.

-Pr-
Yea, that doesn't make any kind of since either.

Since what?

Mindset
I don't understand your question.

-Pr-
I don't understand your question.

I don't understand your original comment.

Mindset
How does him being a blind spot to tkers where they're unable to directly affect him make sense?

Badabing
if logan was some sort of "blind spot" that didn't allow telekinetics to directly affect him, then i might be able to deal with it, but standard telekinetic directional attacks or thrown objects shouldn't have any trouble with him, imo. durverine

carver9
confused

tbh, that sounds ridiculous.

He gets blitzed as well.

stick out tongue

-Pr-
How does him being a blind spot to tkers where they're unable to directly affect him make sense?

I was kidding about you writing "since" instead of sense.

and i'm not saying it necessarily does. it's a reach, but it's still better than saying "he just is".

Originally posted by Badabing
durverine

it's wolverine. remember? he's immune to thunderclaps.

He gets blitzed as well.

stick out tongue

if you hadn't put the smiley, i would have believed you believed that.

jinzin

1. namor
2. she-hulk
3. a-bomb
4. skarr
5. kalibak (classic)
6. sasquatch
7. thor
8. hercules
9. rulk
10. wwh
11. j'onnz smile

1. He runs through Namor a majority of the time.
2. She-Hulk he can beat under most circumstances.... most.
3. A-bomb... I honestly haven't seen a whole lot other than his fight with Rulk and Ares... so I don't know. He hasn't looked THAT impressive so far IMO though.
4. Skarr... what version? using Oldpower stomps Wolverine though I know there's no extrenous powers used here... typically, we start having a fight here.. not sure how well he can put up with Wolverine's damage output on the regular.
5. Wolverine probably.
6. Wolverine probably?
7. Wolverine probably.
8. Wolverine probably.
9. Wolverine probably?
10. Pfft WWH.
11. Pffft J'onnz

Mindset
Watch your tongue or I'll have it out.

Bada will see to it.

carver9
I was kidding about you writing "since" instead of sense.

and i'm not saying it necessarily does. it's a reach, but it's still better than saying "he just is".

it's wolverine. remember? he's immune to thunderclaps.

if you hadn't put the smiley, i would have believed you believed that.

I admit, if there isn't a character I don't like, it jonnz. I would pay money to see Wolverine blitz him.

jinzin
Wait... okay so why are we assuming that Abomb can't be cut, does he have some feat indicitive of this?

Also, where has it ever been stated Wolverine's immune to tk?

Did someone mean TP and just got confused?

-Pr-
Watch your tongue or I'll have it out.

Bada will see to it.

he's obsessed with my tongue enough as it is. don't encourage him.

I admit, if there isn't a character I don't like, it jonnz. I would pay money to see Wolverine blitz him.

so bribe someone then.

Mindset
Originally posted by jinzin

Also, where has it ever been stated Wolverine's immune to tk?

Probably one of the lies you made up, you big fat liar.

jinzin
Probably one of the lies you made up, you big fat liar.

hmmm wellll I DO love to lie...

long pig
I actually think Wolvie could get a few wins over hammerless Thor.

StiltmanFTW
hmm, not sure why i assumed logan could cut a-bomb. is there some feat that would indicate he couldn't? and as a berserker, his strength is usually depicted as being higher than the norm, is it not?

Yeah, he's withstood adamantium talons of these robot-harpies.

leonidas
Yeah, he's withstood adamantium talons of these robot-harpies.

ah, okay, that might support it. did you happen to have a scan so everyone can check it out. or an issue number?

and i have no idea why logan would have tk resistance. hasn't jean used her tk on him in the past? confused

and more to the point--who cares! there are no tk users in here anyway! mad

stick out tongue

leonidas
confused

threw jonnz in for martian. big grin

AND because it's like, REALLY hard to find a dc brick that everyone knows well. figured i'd throw jonn in to see where people think he would be strength and durability-wise. no powers for him--including superspeed. wondered how he'd hold up in this type of scenario. don't see him in this type of match very often, tbh. how you think he does?

leonidas

ala ock v hulk.....

triple post ftw! big grin

StiltmanFTW
ah, okay, that might support it. did you happen to have a scan so everyone can check it out. or an issue number?

and i have no idea why logan would have tk resistance. hasn't jean used her tk on him in the past? confused

and more to the point--who cares! there are no tk users in here anyway! mad

Sure. From Takion's respect thread:

1. http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Hulk3018-19.jpg
2. http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Hulk3020.jpg
3. http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Hulk3021.jpg
4. http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Hulk3022.jpg

He doesn't.

leonidas
Sure. From Takion's respect thread:

1. http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Hulk3018-19.jpg
2. http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Hulk3020.jpg
3. http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Hulk3021.jpg
4. http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Takion_photos/Hulk3022.jpg

He doesn't.

cool and cool. imo though, not sure those would convincingly show logan couldn't cut him. it appears to me the harpy simply grabbed him and didn't really TRY to slice him. if he's never been cut i can see why people would question whether logan could cut him, just not sure those scans are proof. personally, i really don't know if a-bomb can be cut. i may have assumed too quickly that he could be.

i guess, for sake of the thread, assume he CAN be cut--unless there is more definitive proof he can't be.

i was under the impression that a-bomb>abomination, least from what i've seen. even if he can be cut, i don't think it would be an easy win for logan.

StyleTime
As far as I can tell, Marvel hasn't said that's how TK works in our universe, it seems to be, that is how TK works against Wolverine. Which would make it PIS. Unless there is a valid reason for him having resistance.
I guess I should clarify since my intent may be bit misunderstood. I'm not arguing that is how works in Marvel. I just think it isn't necessarily PIS if it's congruent with how a particular universe works. We appear to agree, so we're cool.

TK should work on Wolverine.
Not to my knowledge. There was a thread a while back where a discussion of willpower as a defense against telekinesis arose. A scan with Wolverine being telekinetically held by Jean Grey was the main discussion piece, but it didn't last long.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If he passes 3, and I'm not sure he can, he stops at a higher end and/or Tanaraq Sasquatch. If he gets past him and he doesn't stop at Thor, Green Scar ends him.

Sr J-Bieb
Gets to 12

StiltmanFTW
cool and cool. imo though, not sure those would convincingly show logan couldn't cut him. it appears to me the harpy simply grabbed him and didn't really TRY to slice him. if he's never been cut i can see why people would question whether logan could cut him, just not sure those scans are proof. personally, i really don't know if a-bomb can be cut. i may have assumed too quickly that he could be.

i guess, for sake of the thread, assume he CAN be cut--unless there is more definitive proof he can't be.

i was under the impression that a-bomb>abomination, least from what i've seen. even if he can be cut, i don't think it would be an easy win for logan.

I would actually agree with you, but... the writer himself stated in the interview in Wizard that Rick is pretty much invulnerable... having withstood adamantium talons and Rulk's punches. And I'm one of the biggest Wolverine fan(boy)s here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.