The Great Darkness Saga Dakseid Vs Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SquallX
Tyrant in his search of finding a power up to empowered himself so he could finally kill Galactus meets up with Darkseid. He wishes to make Darkseid is tool, and we know Darkseid's not having that.

So they decide to duke it out.

Scenario 1: The Great Darkness Saga Darkseid vs De-powered Tyrant.
Scenario 2: The Great Darkness Saga Darkseid with Prep Vs Full powered Tyrant.

Harbinger
GDS DS in both. First scenario is spite.

TricksterPriest
Full power might be abit much....wait. He beat the PC legion. Nm, he's taking both.

And btw, this is a weakened Darkseid.

Omega Vision
1. GDS DS stomps
2. How much prep?

Sirius77
From what I've seen, gds darkseid in both.

Sr J-Bieb
I enjoy how people say GDS Darkseid can beat full power Tyrant, and then they'll turn around and say Darkseid (who was getting punched around by normal Superboy) beat GDS Darkseid...

TricksterPriest
But....didn't he beat GDS Darkseid in foundations? And wasn't he weaker than normal there too? Since he hadn't started pantheon busting.

Prep-Man
Darkseid.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
But....didn't he beat GDS Darkseid in foundations? And wasn't he weaker than normal there too? Since he hadn't started pantheon busting. I'm just saying what people will do.

Also, weaker? How much? The guy was stated to be weakened all throughout the GDS. Hell, you just said yourself he was weakened in an attempt to bring up Darkseid.
What does it matter if he was weaker there, if he was stated to be weaker in GDS?

TricksterPriest
I'm just going by the story, dude. wink

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
I enjoy how people say GDS Darkseid can beat full power Tyrant, and then they'll turn around and say Darkseid (who was getting punched around by normal Superboy) beat GDS Darkseid...
Wait aren't you mixing up the Post Crisis retelling with the GDS?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Wait aren't you mixing up the Post Crisis retelling with the GDS? No, I just read the threads where people like Trick have done this.

TricksterPriest
New gods were not affected by COIE. It's still valid, and given that they exist outside linear time, it's kosher. dur

Omega Vision
New gods were not affected by COIE. It's still valid, and given that they exist outside linear time, it's kosher. dur
So GDS Darkseid got batted around by Post Crisis Superboy? ermm

Sorry, not buying it at all.

TricksterPriest
I didn't write the frigging story. And DS had taken a beating from his younger self and two versions of the LOSH. He was also hemorraging power and had to resort to draining Apokolips itself.

Sirius77
Wait.... That was gds darkseid in Legion: Foundations with superboy? I don't know about that, he was light gray with holes in him.... why does DC always job people to conner? First gds darkseid, then superboy-prime?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Sirius77
Wait.... That was gds darkseid in Legion: Foundations with superboy? I don't know about that, he was light gray with holes in him.... why does DC always job people to conner? First gds darkseid, then superboy-prime?
No, it wasn't.

Trick just has lots of asinine beliefs regarding Darkseid's canonical appearances and the PC/Post Crisis split.

quanchi112
Tyrant stomps in both.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Trick's a bit crazy I think. No offense.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Trick's a bit crazy I think. No offense.
Lol, I get that impression too.

TricksterPriest
The PC/Post-crisis split not affecting the new gods is canon.

And the other part is obvious given Darkseid has shown awareness of alternate timelines and retained knowledge of a timeline that was erased. And the linear time thing? Rock of Ages.

I might be wrong on foundations though.

SuperMan103
tyrant.

Omega Vision
The PC/Post-crisis split not affecting the new gods is canon.

And the other part is obvious given Darkseid has shown awareness of alternate timelines and retained knowledge of a timeline that was erased. And the linear time thing? Rock of Ages.

I might be wrong on foundations though.
Then how do you explain Darkseid being much, much weaker Post Crisis?

I know you're going to say Avatars...but as per Final Crisis pretty much all appearances of Darkseid beforehand were Avatars...

...so how do you explain Post Crisis Avatars being so much weaker than Pre-Crisis Avatars if no change occurred?

quanchi112
It's so mind numbingly simple. One writer's work 30 years ago doesn't apply to writer's opinions currently. At the time Seid was weaker in that writer's mind to current Seid from 30 years ago but to argue gds is weaker than apokolips now Seid or hunter/prey is just hysterical and actually hurts your case and is ripe with hypocrisy.

TricksterPriest
Then how do you explain Darkseid being much, much weaker Post Crisis?

I know you're going to say Avatars...but as per Final Crisis pretty much all appearances of Darkseid beforehand were Avatars...

...so how do you explain Post Crisis Avatars being so much weaker than Pre-Crisis Avatars if no change occurred?

It doesn't matter. Them not being affected by it is canon.

And I can't explain it. I don't write the comics. srug

Omega Vision
It doesn't matter. Them not being affected by it is canon.

And I can't explain it. I don't write the comics. srug
So what...do we establish some average level then?

That would be maddening. It is SO much simpler just to have a Pre/Post split.

TricksterPriest
Put him at freaking Odin level or slightly higher. It's where he should be.

quanchi112
Put him at freaking Odin level or slightly higher. It's where he should be. What ? Based on what ? He has no showings anywhere near this level.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, I get that impression too.

I can't really blame him. I think he gets physically ill if he doesn't wank Darkseid as much as he can whether directly or indirectly.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Did he say put him on Odin's level or higher WTF.. He isn't on Thanos level.. let alone Odin or higher. If Post Crisis Superboy was batting him around.. what do you think any version of Tyrant would do? Rage stomp him? Fair enough

Omega Vision
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Did he say put him on Odin's level or higher WTF.. He isn't on Thanos level.. let alone Odin or higher. If Post Crisis Superboy was batting him around.. what do you think any version of Tyrant would do? Rage stomp him? Fair enough
Except Post Crisis Superboy never beat up GDS Darkseid.

Foundations=/=GDS

KuRuPT Thanosi
How do you figure?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
How do you figure?
What do you mean?

The stories were very different. Foundations was a homage to the GDS, it wasn't the same thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.