Olympic race - who wins and loses?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
The competitors are:

Thor
Steve Rogers
Silver Surfer
Spider-Man
Hulk
Ghost Rider
Flash
Wolverine
Cyclops
Gladiator
Sentry (pre-Void/Siege)
Thanos
Colossus

They will race over two Olympic distances:

1) The 100m sprint
2) The Marathon

No flying, amping, tech assists, powerups etc. This is pure running at their standard levels.

What are the final rankings and who goes home with the medals?

Newjak
Flash wins

D-Block
Flash

Rage.Of.Olympus
I honestly have no idea how fast Thanos, Colossus, Surfer and so on can run.

You'd expect anyone with strong muscles to be a fast runner but you'd be surprised. Look at Hulk; the dude can leap at ridiculous levels of speed -Rulk jumped from the Moon to Earth- but I think I can outrun him from what I've seen.

basilisk
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I honestly have no idea how fast Thanos, Colossus, Surfer and so on can run.

You'd expect anyone with strong muscles to be a fast runner but you'd be surprised. Look at Hulk; the dude can leap at ridiculous levels of speed -Rulk jumped from the Moon to Earth- but I think I can outrun him from what I've seen.

Hulk is supposed to be pretty fast when he gets going. Think of the marathon distance as well as the sprint.

Originally posted by Newjak
Flash wins

OK - Flash wins. But more importantly how do the rankings come out? How do these guys stack up?

CosmicComet
Steve wins. Somehow.

Omega Vision
Flash.

None of the others really matter.

Though I'd think that Sentry and Glads would be contenders for distant second place.

JakeTheBank
Flash wins, obviously.

Logically, Glads and Sentry should come in behind him, but that's guesswork on my part.

basilisk
OK then I think maybe this:

100m Sprint
1) Flash
2) Gladiator
3) Sentry (pre-Void/Siege)
4) Silver Surfer
5) Ghost Rider
6) Spider-Man
7) Thor
8) Hulk
9) Steve Rogers
10) Wolverine
11) Cyclops
12) Colossus
13) Thanos

Marathon
1) Flash
2) Gladiator
3) Sentry (pre-Void/Siege)
4) Silver Surfer
5) Ghost Rider
6) Thor
7) Hulk
8) Spider-Man
9) Steve Rogers
10) Wolverine
11) Colossus
12) Cyclops
13) Thanos

Colossus-Big C
gladiator has been clocked at running 300x the speed of light...

Existere
Colossus is supposed to move faster than peak human speed or something. He also gets cred for being agile, so logically, combined with his ridonk strength would mean he should be moving faster than Cyclops.

On that note, why is Cyclops here?

Just kidding, he's definitely a contender. Maybe if you allowed him to like... blast Hulk point blank, and like... bounce off.

iceman24567
Flash wins

chomperx9
Flash comes in 1st, Thanos Last

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.