Wonder Woman vs Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Everyone is grounded.

Wonder woman doesn't have her lasso for this fight.

Team Avengers.

Ironman
Wonderman
Ares (with battle ax)
Ms. Marvel

Who wins?

TricksterPriest
She's still going to kick their asses. Not like anyone here is a threat to her.

carver9
Can someone else reply please. I already knew Tricksters answer.

long pig
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
She's still going to kick their asses. Not like anyone here is a threat to her. Exactly. They don't need to be grounded for her to demolish them. The only threat to ww in any line up is Thor, the rest die so, so hard. And imo Thor isn't much of a threat himself.

carver9
Wow.

long pig
Originally posted by carver9
Wow. Eyes up here, buddy.

Existere
I'd argue that Ironman would give her the most trouble- and I do think he has the greatest capacity to- but Diana's pretty well disposed to take care of him. She'll block most energy attacks (if not all) and while he has a large variety of other options, I can't think of anything he could attempt that would she couldn't block, tank, or (in the case of sonics, for instance) put an end to quickly. Since he's in his armor, I imagine she'd be less inclined to pull her punches than against the others.

Beyond Tony, the team is pretty brickish. They might get some hits in if Diana takes it slow, but she easily has the capacity to avoid anything they have to throw at her.

They lack the actual power to put her down. As soon as, say, Wonderman gets a grazing blow, she'll realize how strong he is and knock his ass out. If Tony attempts sonics, she'll do the same, and she likely won't hold back in the speed department against Ares' axe as much as she would against their fists out of sheer common sense.

Basically, as soon as the team starts to pose a real threat, she'll just crank up the strength and speed and put them down.

Warlord
If Ironman can generate forcefields that can
contain Apocalypse effortlessly, with the aid of Wonderman I can see them taking some.
Ares and Carol are non factors here.

WW for a majority

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Existere
I'd argue that Ironman would give her the most trouble- and I do think he has the greatest capacity to- but Diana's pretty well disposed to take care of him. She'll block most energy attacks (if not all) and while he has a large variety of other options, I can't think of anything he could attempt that would she couldn't block, tank, or (in the case of sonics, for instance) put an end to quickly. Since he's in his armor, I imagine she'd be less inclined to pull her punches than against the others.

Beyond Tony, the team is pretty brickish. They might get some hits in if Diana takes it slow, but she easily has the capacity to avoid anything they have to throw at her.

They lack the actual power to put her down. As soon as, say, Wonderman gets a grazing blow, she'll realize how strong he is and knock his ass out. If Tony attempts sonics, she'll do the same, and she likely won't hold back in the speed department against Ares' axe as much as she would against their fists out of sheer common sense.

Basically, as soon as the team starts to pose a real threat, she'll just crank up the strength and speed and put them down. Not to mention her tiara could cut them in half. Plus, the fact that she's a vastly superior fighter means she can beat the bricks at being bricks if she had to.

Co-sign everything Smurf said. There's a big difference between a bunch of high metas, and a high herald.

Prep-Man
I can see the team winning.

long pig
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I can see the team winning. No the hell you can't.

Q99
Originally posted by long pig
No the hell you can't.

I can too. Keep in mind Tony's gotten a big upgrade recently.

Diana can use her speed, weapons, and tactics to win probably the majority (first blitz Ares and Ms. Marvel, then play tag with the other two. If she can lasso one and use him as a bludgeon/shield against other she's good), but it's hardly inconceivable for her to lose.

StiltmanFTW
That's more than enough to deal with her. She's just a woman.

Newjak
Ares can take on Hercules. Wonderman is strong enough to tangle with Thor for a bit.

Ironman is always dangerous if you give him time.

Ms. Marvel has her moments.

This team can pull more wins then I think most people are giving them credit for, but I'm only really saying that because of Wonderman because I would put him more into the herald range then in the meta.

marwash22
questions:

1. can Wonder man currently emit energy?
2. can Carol absorb said energy and become Binary?

Exactly. They don't need to be grounded for her to demolish them. The only threat to ww in any line up is Thor, the rest die so, so hard. And imo Thor isn't much of a threat himself. lol, withtou the lasso thor would beat her down hard, but he isnt in the line up. they probably win a few thanks to iron man's tactical resources to slow her down or immoblize her so the rest can dogpile.

Edit: current WM is ionic and MS Marvel can absorb energy. they might take this

-Pr-
While I think the team can win, Diana getting serious should be enough to carry her through, I think. I don't consider Ares to be that special, and Simon doesn't worry me too much either.

long pig
WW is what Thor wishes he could be. Faster Stronger Smarter Better Fighter better Durability and although she's not immune to magic, she's damn near close.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Do you honestly believe that or are you just talking shit?

I saw you make a Venom vs. Thor thread so I'm not really sure.

marwash22
Originally posted by 753
Edit: current WM is ionic and MS Marvel can absorb energy. they might take this Binary and Wonder Man can take lasso-less Wondy.

Zack Fair
Diana wins.

marwash22
really?

Binary is a beast and Wondy can't fend her and Woman Man at the same time.

WW is what Thor wishes he could be. Faster Stronger Smarter Better Fighter better Durability and although she's not immune to magic, she's damn near close. hahahah he is all arround a lot more more powerfull. she is faster though, I'll give you that

Zack Fair
Originally posted by marwash22
really?

Binary is a beast and Wondy can't fend her and Woman Man at the same time.

This ain't Binary though. Regular ole ms marvel.

the ninjak
Ironman protects himself while the other three melee with her then traps her in a forcefield.
That was easy.
Lol at some of the above.

Existere
Everybody keeps insisting she'll be trapped in a force field... so what? That's not a defeat on Iron Man's part so much as it is him putting up a wall between the two of them.

marwash22
Originally posted by Zack Fair
This ain't Binary though. Regular ole ms marvel. regular ole Ms. Marvel can amp from absorbing energy from Wonder man and turn into Binary... can she not?

marwash22
Everybody keeps insisting she'll be trapped in a force field... so what? That's not a defeat on Iron Man's part so much as it is him putting up a wall between the two of them. if he can trap her and she can't get out, how is that any different from KOing someone? Making it so your opponent cant move is another form of incapacitation.

Zack Fair
regular ole Ms. Marvel can amp from absorbing energy from Wonder man and turn into Binary... can she not?

Have they done it before?

Konton
regular ole Ms. Marvel can amp from absorbing energy from Wonder man and turn into Binary... can she not?

Has she even been able to amp herself back into Binary via energy dump in recent years? IIRC she was completely cut off from the "white hole" or whatever.

Also Binary had a lot of mixed showings anyway. Although it should be taken into consideration that she was drained from powering an entire starship, Gladiator did knock her away in one blow with ease and she wasn't seen for a few panels.

marwash22
Have they done it before? i know for sure she has amped on energy and turned into Binary, but I'm entirely sure if Wonder man can currently emit energy. I asked...

questions:

1. can Wonder man currently emit energy?
2. can Carol absorb said energy and become Binary? Originally posted by 753
Edit: current WM is ionic and MS Marvel can absorb energy. they might take this

that was the only confirmation i received.

i know for sure she has amped on energy and turned into Binary, but I'm entirely sure if Wonder man can currently emit energy. I asked...

that was the only confirmation i received. I never said she can become binary, but she can amp.

marwash22
oh. well, if someone to clarify this, the match will be easier to decide.

Existere
if he can trap her and she can't get out, how is that any different from KOing someone? Making it so your opponent cant move is another form of incapacitation. Can't move? Have I missed a forcefield showing as of late? I was picturing Iron Man putting a bubble around her, which wouldn't really incapacitate her so much as put the fight at a standoff until his armor runs out... I would think.

Mindset
Can't move? Have I missed a forcefield showing as of late? I was picturing Iron Man putting a bubble around her, which wouldn't really incapacitate her so much as put the fight at a standoff until his armor runs out... I would think. Wouldn't it be the same as when people say WW wraps someone up with her lasso and wins?

The idea behind both is incapacitation.

Number Forty
Wonderman is not the chump this thread makes out. He has beaten people like Abomination, Thor, torn Iron Mans armour to shreds, hurt Nefaria and Michael Korvac, smashed Ultron etc.

Existere
Originally posted by Mindset
Wouldn't it be the same as when people say WW wraps someone up with her lasso and wins?

The idea behind both is incapacitation. When Diana wraps someone, they lose all capacity to act offensively (for most cases, anyways). Diana can still physically hurt the foe, and remove all their weapons and such. In the case of a forcefield, neither party could affect the other, which would make me think of it as a stalemate.

It doesn't make sense to me that Tony should win because he's put a wall between Diana and him, but maybe I'm visualizing this wrong.

I mean, should Magneto win every time he simply puts one of his nigh-unbreakable shields around a foe?

When Diana wraps someone, they lose all capacity to act offensively (for most cases, anyways). Diana can still physically hurt the foe, and remove all their weapons and such. In the case of a forcefield, neither party could affect the other, which would make me think of it as a stalemate.

It doesn't make sense to me that Tony should win because he's put a wall between Diana and him, but maybe I'm visualizing this wrong.

I mean, should Magneto win every time he simply puts one of his nigh-unbreakable shields around a foe? yes? if the other guy can't break out, he won.

marwash22
Can't move? Have I missed a forcefield showing as of late? I was picturing Iron Man putting a bubble around her, which wouldn't really incapacitate her so much as put the fight at a standoff until his armor runs out... I would think. i never claimed such a thing.

You said she'd be trapped so i assumed that you meant she wouldn't be able to escape... even if she can still move her extremities, if she can no longer fight, she's incapacitated which means it's a win for the opposition.

Q99
Why couldn't she break out?

In a force field, there's cutting it with her tiara or using her bracer's lightning enchantment to blast it in a sustained manner. And hitting it a lot too.

Tony's force field can buy some time. It can't win.

carver9
Originally posted by Konton
Has she even been able to amp herself back into Binary via energy dump in recent years? IIRC she was completely cut off from the "white hole" or whatever.

Also Binary had a lot of mixed showings anyway. Although it should be taken into consideration that she was drained from powering an entire starship, Gladiator did knock her away in one blow with ease and she wasn't seen for a few panels.

Yes, she can amp to Binary almost instantaneously depending on the energy. She did it recently (a year or 2 ago) from fight the Collective.

As for your comment on her being knocked out. Wonder Woman isn't Gladiator. Glads has also one shotted Black Bolt, a Phoenix, some Nova members, and I can't see Wondy pulling that off either.

marwash22
Yes, she can amp to Binary almost instantaneously depending on the energy. She did it recently (a year or 2 ago) from fight the Collective. i figured as much. I also don't think the type of energy is all that relevant, i think it has more to do with the amount... and Simon isn't in short supply of energy.

i think Carol and Wonder man win this.

Mindset
When Diana wraps someone, they lose all capacity to act offensively (for most cases, anyways). Diana can still physically hurt the foe, and remove all their weapons and such. In the case of a forcefield, neither party could affect the other, which would make me think of it as a stalemate.

I mean, should Magneto win every time he simply puts one of his nigh-unbreakable shields around a foe? It's a win if she can't get out in a reasonable amount of time, imo.

Existere
To incapacitate is to prevent from functioning. Killing, KO'ing, Diana's lasso and solidifying Wolverine in concrete would all incapacitate.

Putting somebody in a forcefield where they can still move and affect but simply can't affect you, the forcefield-maker wouldn't be incapacitating.

By that logic, if Tony didn't put Diana in a forcefield but instead put a forcefield around his team, preventing Diana from affecting the Avengers, he'd be 'incapacitating' Diana as he'd be preventing her attacks from functioning in such a way as to hurt them.

If Magneto created a large hollow adamantium sphere and put Wolverine inside of it, he wouldn't have beat Wolverine. If he then crushed the ball or tossed it into orbit, he would beat Wolverine. It's a small step, but an important one and in a case like this where Diana can't be crushed or BFR'd with the forcefield, it's a difference worth noting.

To incapacitate is to prevent from functioning. Killing, KO'ing, Diana's lasso and solidifying Wolverine in concrete would all incapacitate.

Putting somebody in a forcefield where they can still move and affect but simply can't affect you, the forcefield-maker wouldn't be incapacitating.

By that logic, if Tony didn't put Diana in a forcefield but instead put a forcefield around his team, preventing Diana from affecting the Avengers, he'd be 'incapacitating' Diana as he'd be preventing her attacks from functioning in such a way as to hurt them.

If Magneto created a large hollow adamantium sphere and put Wolverine inside of it, he wouldn't have beat Wolverine. If he then crushed the ball or tossed it into orbit, he would beat Wolverine. It's a small step, but an important one and in a case like this where Diana can't be crushed or BFR'd with the forcefield, it's a difference worth noting. would wolverine be out of combat? then he is defeated. besides, it really becomes a matter of how big the containment is.

Prep-Man
Doesn't Diana have Zeus's lightning at her command? Pre JMS, Wondy.

Mindset

If Magneto created a large hollow adamantium sphere and put Wolverine inside of it, he wouldn't have beat Wolverine. If he then crushed the ball or tossed it into orbit, he would beat Wolverine. It's a small step, but an important one and in a case like this where Diana can't be crushed or BFR'd with the forcefield, it's a difference worth noting. It's pretty hard to function in a fight if you can't move.

Existere
Originally posted by 753
would wolverine be out of combat? then he is defeated. besides, it really becomes a matter of how big the containment is. Tony puts a forcefield around Wonder Woman. If we consider one of them out of combat and therefore to have lost, we must consider both of them out of combat.

Did Tony just incapacitate Wonderman, Ms Marvel and Ares by putting a force field around Diana?

Zack Fair
How strong are Tony's forcefields?

marwash22
Tony puts a forcefield around Wonder Woman. If we consider one of them out of combat and therefore to have lost, we must consider both of them out of combat.

Did Tony just incapacitate Wonderman, Ms Marvel and Ares by putting a force field around Diana? but he's not fighting Tony, Carol, Simon and Ares.

I don't even know why this is being discussed when it's not even likely that Tony's forcefiled would contain her permanently.

Mindset
How strong are Tony's forcefields? Pretty strong, I don't think it'd hold WW long enough for a win, though.

Existere
but he's not fighting Tony, Carol, Simon and Ares.

I don't even know why this is being discussed when it's not even likely that Tony's forcefiled would contain her permanently. No, it's not likely. I just wanted to address the notion that putting somebody in a forcefield is beating them. Maybe if it was a body-tight type (I'm thinking like Syndrome from the Incredibles), but I was under the impression that Tony's forcefields were more like Magnetos, at which point it doesn't make sense to me to call it a win if the opponents still running around, fully functional, you've just reduced the space they can operate in.

Q99
Doesn't Diana have Zeus's lightning at her command? Pre JMS, Wondy.

Yep. Deific bug zappers.

Plus there's just muscling her way out, I don't see the force field stopping that either.

Mindset
No, it's not likely. I just wanted to address the notion that putting somebody in a forcefield is beating them. Maybe if it was a body-tight type (I'm thinking like Syndrome from the Incredibles), but I was under the impression that Tony's forcefields were more like Magnetos, at which point it doesn't make sense to me to call it a win if the opponents still running around, fully functional, you've just reduced the space they can operate in. I'm pretty sure IM can determine the size/shape of his forcefields, and I know Mags can.

Existere
I'm pretty sure IM can determine the size/shape of his forcefields, and I know Mags can. They can, and if they're prone to creating body-tight forcefields that completely inhibit action or movement, that's a separate discussion. I just don't think of a bubble that doesn't actually incapacitate either party on either side of it but simply acts as a barrier between the two as 'winning' the battle.

carver9
How strong are Tony's forcefields?

Strong enough to hold Void for a long amount of time until Sentry dipped him into the sun. If it can hold Void, Diana isn't going anywhere.

Mindset
They can, and if they're prone to creating body-tight forcefields that completely inhibit action or movement, that's a separate discussion. I just don't think of a bubble that doesn't actually incapacitate either party on either side of it but simply acts as a barrier between the two as 'winning' the battle. They're not prone to trapping someone in a forcefield at all, I can only think of a couple times between the two. I thought the discussion was could they, not, would they.

celeyhyga17
Everyone is grounded.

Team Avengers.

Ironman
Wonderman
Ares (with battle ax)
Ms. Marvel

Who wins?

team wins easy.. U grounded her and took her lasso..
Tony has a ton if tricks he can use against herald levels..

Existere
They're not prone to trapping someone in a forcefield at all, I can only think of a couple times between the two. I thought the discussion was could they, not, would they. Meh, I was thinking of the time Iron Man did it to... Electro, I think? New Avengers, after the break out.

And if it's not a regular tactic, it's probably not something worth discussing any further in the thread anyways. Fair point.

Mindset
Yup.

Ms. Marvel via forcefield. ermmhappy

TricksterPriest
Strong enough to hold Void for a long amount of time until Sentry dipped him into the sun. If it can hold Void, Diana isn't going anywhere. http://sexchan.org/cthul/u/src/130075727781.jpg

And her power is magic derived, so don't assume tony's tech is going to work as well. Plus.....since when are his forcefields capable of holding herald levelers? He's not that frigging strong.

Mindset

Plus.....since when are his forcefields capable of holding herald levelers? He's not that frigging strong. When it held the void?

Existere
laughing out loud

Q99
I have trouble seeing it holding the Void for too long either.

Also, does the void per chance possess a magic tiara with mystical cutting powers? Because if it doesn't, boy will Tony's face be red.

carver9
http://sexchan.org/cthul/u/src/130075727781.jpg

And her power is magic derived, so don't assume tony's tech is going to work as well. Plus.....since when are his forcefields capable of holding herald levelers? He's not that frigging strong.

When you can show me Diana taking on a planet full of super humans like Void did during that run and Doctor Strange, Namor, Ironman, and Black Bolt, along with numerous of others were out there and they were still getting stomped by Void.

When you show me something like that, then come back and holla at me but until then Void>>>> Wonder Woman. Since Ironman held Void in a containment field, Wonder Woman big breast a** ain't going no where.

Prep-Man
Diana can cast a force field of her own. Don't forget that.

carver9
Diana can cast a force field of her own. Don't forget that.

Never said she couldn't.

praying-mantis
if IF marvel focused her power into iron mans suit while wonderman fought with her id say iron man could hurt her enough they would win
since i think his onboard targeting pc can target her at her speeds

4-1-Moment
Everyone is grounded.

Team Avengers.

Ironman
Wonderman
Ares (with battle ax)
Ms. Marvel

Who wins? They all lack the speed necessary to adequately defeat her. She can literally pick them off one by one at hyper speed.

TricksterPriest
When you can show me Diana taking on a planet full of super humans like Void did during that run and Doctor Strange, Namor, Ironman, and Black Bolt, along with numerous of others were out there and they were still getting stomped by Void.

When you show me something like that, then come back and holla at me but until then Void>>>> Wonder Woman. Since Ironman held Void in a containment field, Wonder Woman big breast a** ain't going no where.

If Void did all that, and Tony held him, I'm guessing he jobbed, or the group of heroes jobbed. Frigging Thor took down Void. Hell, a helicarrier laid him out.

" if IF marvel focused her power into iron mans suit while wonderman fought with her id say iron man could hurt her enough they would win
since i think his onboard targeting pc can target her at her speeds"

No. She's stronger than all of them combined. Simon is the only one she can't obliterate easily. And he's not good enough to hang with her in hand to hand, let alone strong enough.

4-1-Moment

When you show me something like that, then come back and holla at me but until then Void>>>> Wonder Woman. Since Ironman held Void in a containment field, Wonder Woman big breast a** ain't going no where. Circe once held all of Earth's super heroes out with one of her force fields. And yet Wonder Woman was able to easily cut one of Circe's force fields with her tiara. I don't think Iron Man's force field will be a problem. It's not like he's fast enough to catch her in it anyway.

Konton
Originally posted by 4-1-Moment
Circe once held all of Earth's super heroes out with one of her force fields. And yet Wonder Woman was able to easily cut one of Circe's force fields with her tiara. I don't think Iron Man's force field will be a problem. It's not like he's fast enough to catch her in it anyway.

Circe was amped.

carver9
Originally posted by 4-1-Moment
Circe once held all of Earth's super heroes out with one of her force fields. And yet Wonder Woman was able to easily cut one of Circe's force fields with her tiara. I don't think Iron Man's force field will be a problem. It's not like he's fast enough to catch her in it anyway.

Again, if Void can't bust out of it, someone that was wrecking Earths greatest hero's like nothing and had them dead to rights. If Void can hold off Thor along with a group of Avengers but is still incapable of escaping Ironman field, "Wonder Woman is not breaking out of it".

The Pict
Ironman and Wonderman can win it for the team. She's dealt with bigger threats though.

Say an even split.

Q99
Again, if Void can't bust out of it, someone that was wrecking Earths greatest hero's like nothing and had them dead to rights. If Void can hold off Thor along with a group of Avengers but is still incapable of escaping Ironman field, "Wonder Woman is not breaking out of it".

Does Void's powers include a magical cutting implement of some kind?

Because someone's resistance to brute force... which seems very CIS to me... doesn't spell the same against magic cutting.

IM's shield ar nothing to voi and would be broken by WW eventually. bu they are tactically useful.

aztec
Diana

JakeTheBank
Wonder Woman,

leonidas
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Wonder Woman,

yeah probably. team could get some though.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, I agree they probably could. Iron Man could be tricky depending on circumstances.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.