Ninja Scroll - Live Action Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Appian Way (Leanardo DiCaprio's Production Co) is/was working on releasing a live-action version of Ninja Scroll, news on it is now 2+ years old. Anyone know what happened is still happening? T

They were also working on a live-action version of Akira; with Dicaprio as the lead, iirc.

BruceSkywalker
as far as i know both films are still happening

0mega Spawn
asian actors? dont want another LAB or DBZ sick

jinXed by JaNx
just a bad idea...,Keep it animated

Robtard
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
asian actors? dont want another LAB or DBZ sick

Last I read, Dicaprio wanted Asian actors.

jinXed by JaNx
Seeing how Dicaprio is involved i'm not as apprehensive but i still think turning animated content into live action movies is a kiss of death, excluding the original Turtles movie of course :-)

Robtard
Question is, who's a good Asian actor that could pull off Jubei.

Kazenji
Takeshi Kaneshiro

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Robtard
Last I read, Dicaprio wanted Asian actors.

What Leo does with his personal time is his own business. wink

Robtard
Originally posted by Kazenji
Takeshi Kaneshiro

He looks a bit boyish from the pictures.

Kazenji
He's far from it

check this movie out which he's in

2v4pWshsQ1U

and he was also in Onimusha 3 game.

elfirrepins
I'm not sure Kaneshiro can pull it off. His look is great for the role, but his acting is kinda different to the character. The character (Jubei) is sleazy, carefree and unassuming. Kaneshiro's acting is generally "nervous" and worrying. The only role I've seen him where he isn't acting like this is Red Cliff, but you can see that it isn't the same if he portrays that type of acting when it comes to Jubei.

But, to be honest, I don't think there is anyone better for the role than him.

0mega Spawn
Tak sakaguchi & hideo sakaki are great in every movies they're in hideo sakaki sure a couple of roles would be perfect for either one

matter of fact i was just thinking Tak could be a perfect liu kang
& hideo a perfect scorpion ( mk on the brain lately )

elfirrepins

mardook
I think I have seen this anime, pretty good. Is this the one with the poisoned chick, if you **** her you die!

Blinky
Woah.

The anime was both ultra-violent and ultra-sexual. The movie, most likely will be a PG 13 mess. If it isn't PG13, they will loose money.

the ninjak
Considering the private funding and apparent intent to keep it somewhat close to the original.

I would believe DiCaprio would be a fool to not go for an R rating.

The hype alone would be huge and every adult with half a brain would watch it. But only if they went all out. I still can't belive directors these days can't make decent horror films with today's tech. Just boring films like Final Destination.

The Nuul
The studios will **** this up.

Impediment
$20 says that it'll be PG-13.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment
$20 says that it'll be PG-13.

pained

It's probably true...and I hate Hollywood for it.

Mindset
I'd say its budget is going to determine the rating. The bigger the budget the more money theyre going to have to recoup, and making it pg13 will make it more accesible.

dadudemon
The Matrix movies were R and did really well...and their budgets are astronomical.

I do not see those as being mutually exclusive (budget varying with rating) and it is only a mindset (pun) of Hollywood producers and studios rather than a necessity.

I am not disagreeing with you, Mindset, because the information you provided is a fact/state of being in Hollywood. You're just the messenger of information.

Kazenji
Originally posted by dadudemon
The Matrix movies were R and did really well...and their budgets are astronomical.

Pffft was'nt that violent.

dadudemon
Pffft was'nt that violent.

So shooting through a dude's arm as you are smashing it in a door, at point blank range, is not violent?

That nets an automatic R in any film.

Kazenji
Originally posted by dadudemon
So shooting through a dude's arm as you are smashing it in a door, at point blank range, is not violent?

That nets an automatic R in any film.

Maybe in America

The Matrix was rated M 15+ here, An R rated movie here would be Kill Bill Vol 1, Scarface, The Evil Dead to name a few.

dadudemon
Maybe in America

The Matrix was rated M 15+ here, An R rated movie here would be Kill Bill Vol 1, Scarface, The Evil Dead to name a few.

The first film? Yes, it should have been PG-13. The second and third should have been R like they were.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Robtard
Question is, who's a good Asian actor that could pull off Jubei.

the guy who played IP man

The Nuul
Yen. Nah he'd suck. His style doesnt match Jubeis.

Impediment
Byung-Hun Lee or Rain, maybe?

The Nuul
I say Sanada Hiroyuki even though hes 50.

FUJqpocDCHs&

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by The Nuul
Yen. Nah he'd suck. His style doesnt match Jubeis.

Why not? He's a good actor and a versatile martial artist.

SuperEvil
this movie would have to be at least an R rating to stay true to the anime.

The Nuul
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

1. He's Chinese and there is good Japanese actors that can do the role well.

2. His fast kicking Kung Fu, Yen's style doesn't match Jubei samurai style.

How would you like it if Sho Kosugi played Wong Fe Hung? It wouldn't work.

Robtard
Originally posted by The Nuul
I say Sanada Hiroyuki even though hes 50.

He's in next year's '47 Ronin', which could have been an epic remake, but the studio decided to add a 'half-Caucasian samurai' to the story and cast Keanus Reeves to the part.

The Nuul
So once again the studios ****ed it up.

Also, this logicOriginally posted by Robtard
He's in next year's '47 Ronin', which could have been an epic remake, but the studio decided to add a 'half-Caucasian samurai' to the story and cast Keanus Reeves to the part.

Is this logic.

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.