Dick Grayson Vs Scott Summers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
1. Who's the better leader?
2. Who's smarter?
3. Who would win in a prep style battle?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/48365/1760468-superman_batman_annual_5043_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/170/76368-180274-cyclops_large.jpg

-Pr-
1. Cyclops.
2. In what area? If you're talking general intelligence, Dick.
3. Working alone? Grayson.

Mindset
Dick
Dick
Dick

Prep-Man
Originally posted by -Pr-
1. Cyclops.

I think they are both comparable in leadership. Bruce chose Dick to lead the JLA and he's now leading the JLA currently. I think it's close.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Mindset
Dick
Dick
Dick team leader often depends on the team actually. Overall I'd say Dick giving Scott the X-men team Scott.
Intelligence Dick
Prep- Dick easily.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I think they are both comparable in leadership. Bruce chose Dick to lead the JLA and he's now leading the JLA currently. I think it's close.

Fair enough. I still think Cyclops is better.

BruceSkywalker
Dick x 3

Prep-Man
Fair enough. I still think Cyclops is better.

You could be right. stick out tongue

marwash22
Scott in leadership.

In the last two, I'll take Dick. (no homo)

Existere
1. Cyclops.

TricksterPriest
I'd trust Nightwing more than I'd trust Cyke. Batman himself said he's the only person he considers worthy as his successor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/NightwingJLA2.jpg

Mindset
TP, do you ever side with a Marvel character?

chomperx9
Dick
Dick
Dick sick

george '06
Cyclops
Grayson
Grayson

TricksterPriest
TP, do you ever side with a Marvel character? Sure. I just hate Cyclops. He's a dick. thumb down And he should never have hooked up with Emma. I mean, I didn't like Jean much either. But Emma? She's an uber *****.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by chomperx9
sick

laughing

Mindset
laughing He's having flashbacks to his childhood.

Prep-Man
Oh, laughing out loud

Sorry, Chomper!

chomperx9
i'm having flashbacks to my childhood. sick sick

JakeTheBank
1. Define "better".
2. Tactically, I'd give the edge to Scott. In the field of detective work, forensics, and overall science acumen, Dick.
3. Dick.

Blair Wind
1. Who's the better leader?
2. Who's smarter?
3. Who would win in a prep style battle?

1. Grayson. I base that on the fact that if you give them both a random set of characters to lead (outside of X-men or TT/JLA) I feel that Richard would whip them into shape faster. This is not downplaying Scott as I feel he is one of the best Marvel leaders of the lot (top 3 in fact). However, I feel Richard is the best DC leader bar non.

2. No question that Richard is. Strategy is Scott's domain, but overall intelligence goes to Richard.

3. While Scott has recently come forward as a prep master, I feel that Richard, based on sheer quantity of prep feats, wins.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Blair Wind
1. Grayson. I base that on the fact that if you give them both a random set of characters to lead (outside of X-men or TT/JLA) I feel that Richard would whip them into shape faster. This is not downplaying Scott as I feel he is one of the best Marvel leaders of the lot (top 3 in fact). However, I feel Richard is the best DC leader bar non.

2. No question that Richard is. Strategy is Scott's domain, but overall intelligence goes to Richard.

3. While Scott has recently come forward has a prep master, I feel that Richard, based on sheer quantity of prep feats, wins.

Worded a lot better than my own post. thumb up

Dick's definitely been portrayed as DC's best leader for a while now, as well. He's not as inspiring as Superman or possessed of the same raw cunning and tactical sense as Batman, but both men concede to Dick outshining them as a leader.

srankmissingnin

3. While Scott has recently come forward as a prep master, I feel that Richard, based on sheer quantity of prep feats, wins.

I think that Scott is probably the best possible leader for the X-Men, and that as the leader of the X-Men he just might be the best Team leader in Comic-dom. Certainly he is better at leading the X-Men then Dick ever was at leading the Titans or JLA... but that being said I largely agree with your post. There is just something about Cyclops, he just doesn't seem to inspire or motivate his charges to greatness. He might be the best leader of the X-Men (although I feel a lot of that falls on the shoulders of the rest of the X-Men and the strong family dynamic they have established over the years that other teams not named F4 lack), but if you put five neutral character's under the leadership of Cyclops and Grayson, I think Dick would produce a better team, faster.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by marwash22
Scott in leadership.

In the last two, I'll take Dick. (no homo) lol

Robin Dc

exactly what i think.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I think that Scott is probably the best possible leader for the X-Men, and that as the leader of the X-Men he just might be the best Team leader in Comic-dom. Certainly he is better at leading the X-Men then Dick ever was at leading the Titans or JLA... but that being said I largely agree with your post. There is just something about Cyclops, he just doesn't seem to inspire or motivate his charges to greatness. He might be the best leader of the X-Men (although I feel a lot of that falls on the shoulders of the rest of the X-Men and the strong family dynamic they have established over the years that other teams not named F4 lack), but if you put five neutral character's under the leadership of Cyclops and Grayson, I think Dick would produce a better team, faster.

I agree to an extent. I think Scott is the best leader for the X-men (Charles always being more of a mentor/founder in my eyes, and Storm being a close second), but best leader in Comic-Dom? Top 5 perhaps.

You have to factor in Captain America (the definitive Avengers leader), Grayson (the definitive Teen Titans leader), Superman (note: while not, in my book, a true leader - as in organizing and managing the tactical/strategic capabilities of his team - he brings in inspirational leadership to the JLA by his actions. Like Stewart said "We'd follow him to hell. But he'd never ask."wink, "and fill in the blank with your choice of Nick Fury (Shield), Iron Man (Avengers, Shield, USA, Hero Registration, Illuminati), Cosmic Boy (LSH) etc etc".

Scott deserves to be in that list, I just don't know what number he would be.

Uriel005
Only one I see with greater team leading ability than Dick is probably Cap. Give him a team of the most opposed members you can think of and he'll still make them a team to be feared because all it takes is one disappointed glance from the cap and the feeling of failure instantly motivates the team to be better.

TricksterPriest
What about Black Canary? Wasn't she doing well as Birds of Prey lead and JLA chairwoman?

Iron Man no longer has the credibility to be considered a great leader. And rightfully so.

Btw, is Nick Fury dead? I heard he got offed awhile ago by Osbourne.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
What about Black Canary? Wasn't she doing well as Birds of Prey lead and JLA chairwoman?

Iron Man no longer has the credibility to be considered a great leader. And rightfully so.

Btw, is Nick Fury dead? I heard he got offed awhile ago by Osbourne.

Black Canary is a pretty good leader, all things considered. I really would have liked to see her progress more as the JLA chairwoman; the JLA works best when writers don't hammer away at Trinity/Big Seven dynamics, imo. Among the best in comicdom? Not sure.

Iron Man's still a good leader, all things considered. Most of the hero community trusts him again or is on their way to trusting them.

Nick Fury is still alive.

marwash22
lol @ Scott beating Dick.

yep, i went there.

srankmissingnin
I agree to an extent. I think Scott is the best leader for the X-men (Charles always being more of a mentor/founder in my eyes, and Storm being a close second), but best leader in Comic-Dom? Top 5 perhaps.

You have to factor in Captain America (the definitive Avengers leader), Grayson (the definitive Teen Titans leader), Superman (note: while not, in my book, a true leader - as in organizing and managing the tactical/strategic capabilities of his team - he brings in inspirational leadership to the JLA by his actions. Like Stewart said "We'd follow him to hell. But he'd never ask."wink, "and fill in the blank with your choice of Nick Fury (Shield), Iron Man (Avengers, Shield, USA, Hero Registration, Illuminati), Cosmic Boy (LSH) etc etc".

Scott deserves to be in that list, I just don't know what number he would be.

I don't know, for my money the teamwork of the "core" X-Men rooster, is heads and shoulders above any Titans or Avengers rooster, and even superior to the JLA roosters consisting of the Big Seven. As the field leader, a lot of that is due to Scott Summers.

-Pr-
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Sure. I just hate Cyclops. He's a dick. thumb down And he should never have hooked up with Emma. I mean, I didn't like Jean much either. But Emma? She's an uber *****.

She's still better than Jean.

--

Also, I don't get why tactical acumen and strategic thinking were left out of this...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.