The Definitive Orion vs Thor!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Orion retains his Astro Harness, and Motherbox.
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5697/200pxorion009.jpg

Naturally Thor retains his Mjolnir.
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1648/250pxthor5.jpg

PIS: OFF
CIS: OFF
Blood Lust: ON

Colossus-Big C
thor breaks those stupid gadgets then kills orion

carver9
Thor wins, especially with PIS and CIS off. He have to many options in a fight like that. Thor 8/10 in this fight.

In a normal fight, Thor 7/10.

"Id"
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Clearly!

TricksterPriest
Break the astro harness? laughing out loud I'd like to see him try. Orion can regenerate it in any case. It's a part of him.

Orion has a huge speed edge. Thor's hammer might help him tank the AF blasts, but he can't throw them back at Orion.

JakeTheBank
Do you mean can't as in Orion would soak up the AF as it comes from his own energy and wouldn't do much or any damage to him anyway or can't as in Thor would be unable to direct the AF back to Orion from Mjolnir?

TricksterPriest
Can't as in it wouldn't hurt Orion at all. Redirect it? yeah, I can see that. The Astro Force is his own power, it's not going to hurt him. It's not like the Omega Force.

JakeTheBank
Ok, cool.

As far as this fight goes, I think Thor takes it about 6/10. Good fight, though.

TricksterPriest
I see Orion has being far superior in H2H. And nobody has ever broken his shield. If it comes down to stamina, I think he can outlast Thor too. 6/10, maybe 7 if he starts using things like boomtubes. Orion is alot faster, but he could barrage Thor with the AF as the blunderbuss approach.

Warlord
How is Orion a lot faster?

I have not seen concrete feats of him fighting at superspeed or anything.

Scans anyone?

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Warlord
How is Orion a lot faster?

I have not seen concrete feats of him fighting at superspeed or anything.

Scans anyone?

The scans that prove Orion is faster then Thor don't exist mate, Trick is just a retarded fanboy.

I mean that nicely of course.

Prep-Man
I'd say Orion for a small majority. Or even split.

Hyperion Prime
I give this fight an even split 5/10 These two Hulk busters shifty would be one heck of a fight. If Thor can catch orion with a good hammer blow that maybe the start of something big for thor.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Well now that we've heard the boring troll opinion...

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Martian_mind
The scans that prove Orion is faster then Thor don't exist mate, Trick is just a retarded fanboy.

Still you should give him a chance to provide said scans. I would like to see them if they exist.

Omega Vision
As I recall Orion does have showings where he does things like catch bullets from behind his back.

I think Orion might have a small speed advantage if he has one at all.

Warlord
Thor has cought cannon cells.
All I'm saying is the speed feats I've seen from him is nothing Thor hasn't performed before.

They both have valid although rare super speed feats

Allankles
During Simonson's run he blitzed a Dog Cavalry. He also Blitzed Big Barda and some other gods in v3 when he was infused/infected by/with Desaad.

The second feat he accomplished it with the Harness.

I think with the Harness he's more mobile than Thor for sure.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Martian_mind

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=496232&pagenumber=3

I beg to differ, Marty. wink He's faster without the harness too. Recall his Martials arts fight with Darkseid.

Philosophía
They both have valid although rare super speed feats How many of the comics Orion has appeared in have you read?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Orion probably has better movement speed feats. At least more of them.

Split or Thor wins.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Split or Thor wins.

I'm surprised you said "split"! eek!

quanchi112

Split or Thor wins. Profiled.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Can't as in it wouldn't hurt Orion at all. Redirect it? yeah, I can see that. The Astro Force is his own power, it's not going to hurt him. It's not like the Omega Force.

So when Thor redirected a Thanosi power back at him.. it was still the Thanosi's power.. and it hurt... I'm unclear on if you redirect a PC blast back at say.. SS..that is still his own energy... yet it WILL hurt. How does doing so back at Orion not hurt him?

Zack Fair

Split or Thor wins.

over

Harbinger
Can see this going either way, to be honest. Gun to my head, I'd take Orion 6/10.

celeyhyga17
PIS CIS off with bloodlust means we're going into the realm of "warrior madness" stuff?

kgkg
Orion. This is a fight I would love to see.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So when Thor redirected a Thanosi power back at him.. it was still the Thanosi's power.. and it hurt... I'm unclear on if you redirect a PC blast back at say.. SS..that is still his own energy... yet it WILL hurt. How does doing so back at Orion not hurt him?

Umm....because it doesn't? It just doesn't work that way, man. no I'm pretty sure it's been shown the AF doesn't hurt Orion. You're comparing power cosmic to the "Wrath of The Source." Totally different power sources.

Warlord

Prep-Man
All the JLA ones, the Death of New Gods arc and some New Gods books.

Did you ever throw up reading DONG and the various runs?

sick

long pig
I'm trying to think the ads way to describe Orion. He's like Hulk but faster smarter, top 5 MA'S in DC. plus he's brilliant. Orion owns physically. That f'n hammer's a *****. The motherbox is too, but is only bout 80 percent the power of mjolni. So, who knows. . I bet Orion.

the Darkone
Thor 6/10

Prep-Man
Originally posted by long pig I'm trying to think the ads way to describe Orion. He's like Hulk but faster smarter, top 5 MA'S in DC. plus he's brilliant. Orion owns physically. That f'n hammer's a *****. The motherbox is too, but is only bout 80 percent the power of mjolni. So, who knows. . I bet Orion.

where would you rank orions hth skills in the dcu?

leonidas
it's REALLY close. thor 5/10.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Prep-Man
where would you rank orions hth skills in the dcu? When he isn't being written by bad writers as an idiot berserker, he's up there with Wonder Woman. Check out his respect thread or Darkseid's. There's a huge 15-20 page martial arts battle between the two.

optic_blast!!!
Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.