Marvel's "DEMONSTRABLY" strongest character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dmills
Ok this one will in all likelihood be the most contentious category yet. So with that in mind, I'm going to attempt to make it as fool proof as possible.

*No one above High Herald/Top Tier
*No hyperbole
*No theoretical Limits

*No amped versions of characters (unless amping is a part of a said characters common abilities e.g. The Hulk, Namor in water etc.)

*No non quantifiable bullshyte, i.e. punching holes in space, thunder clapping dimensions or lifting books with infinite pages.

Only demonstrable feats/showings count here. But because of the fact that some obviously strong characters (Juggz) don't have many quantifiable strength feats i.e. so called "lifting feats", results from head to head fights and the like will be considered, but only where physicality comes into play. So for example, fights between Glads and Thor can't be used to prove that Thor is the physically stronger of the two where Mjolnir comes into play etc. However if Thor has held an advantage in pure physical h2h vs Glads, then obviously that will count.

If any set of characters are considered relatively equal, proxy feats will be allowed, i.e. Glads physically lifted a stone that Thor could not lift, or Thor physically pummeled an opponent that ko'ed Glads etc. However, because of the presence of PIS and the inconsistent nature of comics, I would ask that we try and shy away from proxy feats as much as possible.

Ok, I've tried to cut out as much riff raff as possible, so hopefully this goes well. So with that said, have at it...

Uriel005
tough one as joke characters like Squirrel girl weren't included but if I had to pick I would have to say Silver Surfer or Rogue at her peak before the issue of limited power absorbs and personalities overwhelming her.

Colossus-Big C
Colossus or Namor for thr x men part

Mindset
Hulk, pulling tectonic plates back together and catching and holding the mountain in Secret Wars.

dmills
Originally posted by Mindset
Hulk, pulling tectonic plates back together and catching and holding the mountain in Secret Wars. laughing

Simbon
Drax. Ripped apart a star, smashed a planet when fighting Thanos. And that was without the power-gem. Not too many feats, I know, but I can't think of any other herald leveler destroying a star with his bare hands (on panel, anyways).

psycho gundam
off the top of my head, the only quantifiable feat i recall was wonderman (before getting buffed) bracing a printing press that had the pressure of 50,000 tons. he could only support it for a brief moment but it showed his limit at the time.

-Pr-
Hulk's mountain in Secret Wars was pretty impressive, even if it was more bracing than lifting.

psycho gundam
only difference between bracing and lifting in that context was that the mountain range literally dropped on him and was possibly going to collapse.

150,000,000,000 tons is still 150,000,000,000 tons

dmills
Originally posted by Simbon
Drax. Ripped apart a star, smashed a planet when fighting Thanos. And that was without the power-gem. Not too many feats, I know, but I can't think of any other herald leveler destroying a star with his bare hands (on panel, anyways). Off panel falls into hyperbole.

Edit: whoops my bad. You said it was on panel.

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
only difference between bracing and lifting in that context was that the mountain range literally dropped on him and was possibly going to collapse.

150,000,000,000 tons is still 150,000,000,000 tons

Never said otherwise.

dmills

150,000,000,000 tons is still 150,000,000,000 tons Given that the feat itself has some ambiguity, its probably still one of the best in terms of raw strength that you'll see on panel.

Uriel005
hmm tough one especially considering some magic users tend to bounce around the chart from meta to trans issue to issue.

CosmicComet

Mindset

"Id"
Hercules lifted the Universe.

CosmicComet
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9720/incrediblehercules14100.jpg

Not sure how much Mt. Etna weighs, I'll look for an answer, logically its a better feat because not only was Zeus unaided, he also was not simply bracing a portion of a mountain, he was lifting the whole thing over his head.

marwash22
Originally posted by "Id"
Hercules lifted the Universe. Originally posted by dmills
*No non quantifiable bullshyte, i.e. punching holes in space, thunder clapping dimensions or lifting books with infinite pages.

Mindset
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Not sure how much Mt. Etna weighs, I'll look for an answer, logically its a better feat because not only was Zeus unaided, he also was not simply bracing a portion of a mountain, he was lifting the whole thing over his head. Not seeing how it's a better feat. The reason Hulk didn't lift the mountain because it was dropped on top of him, which is harder than lifting it from the ground, discounting the fact that he'd have to rip it up from the earth. Hulk was also doing this unaided.

dmills

Not sure how much Mt. Etna weighs, I'll look for an answer, logically its a better feat because not only was Zeus unaided, he also was not simply bracing a portion of a mountain, he was lifting the whole thing over his head. No one above HH stick out tongue

CosmicComet
Not seeing how it's a better feat. The reason Hulk didn't lift the mountain because it was dropped on top of him, which is harder than lifting it from the ground, discounting the fact that he'd have to rip it up from the earth. Hulk was also doing this unaided.

As you said, discounting ripping it up from the earth holding up a falling mountain is harder than simply deadlifting it. Not discounting ripping it up from the ground, it becomes more difficult to say.

Unfortunately for hulk, his feat was not without conditions and he didn't simply hold up a mountain that was dropped on him:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27414/1086608-secret_wars_004_18_super.jpg

There you have it. Iron Man and Hulk made a space for themselves just before landing so they wouldn't be insta-squashed.

The vast majority of the mountain was being supported by the land surrounding them (hence me saying Hulk was aided), so yes the hulk was only supporting the small area above him, Tony, Steve, the F4 and couple of other people.

150 billion tons is simply the weight of the mountain itself, not the actual weight that Hulk was holding up by himself.

Zeus' feat is clearly superior.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by dmills
No one above HH stick out tongue

http://musicnerdery.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/street11.jpg

Mindset
Ok, Zeus didn't rip it from the Earth either, so moot point.

The comic said Hulk held 150 billion tons, which means that's what he held, the entire mountain range would weigh more than that, it dwarfed the Andes.

Zeus feat is clearly not superior since you don't even have a weight for how much he lifted. Also, from the scan it looks like Zeus didn't get out from under the mountain.

Simbon
Why are we even talking about mountain lifting?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/drax/draxstarbusting.jpg

That is PC superboy-level type sh*t.

CosmicComet
Where do you think an active volcano comes from if not from rooted ground? Did he pluck out of the air while it was floating?

No, the comic cover said that they were underneath 150 billion tons. Unfortunately, the comic showed us that Hulk was never supporting that full weight by himself. All he did was serve it from collapsing on them by bracing it. And the only part that he was bracing was the 10 foot diameter or so that they were trapped in an all the material directly above it. Everything else, was supported by ground they were standing on/surrounded by.

Don't equivocate please. Hulk never held up the actual mountain range, only the small area above his and his friends' heads, so its pointless bringing that term up.

I don't need to find an exact figure, although I am still looking. A mountain is a mountain. Zeus held up a whole one by himself over his head and then dropped it on someone. Hulk braced a very thin portion of one temporarily and struggled.

To give an idea though, I remember reading a few years back someone estimating Mt. Everest to be over 300 trillion tons. Mt. Etna is only like 40% as tall, but its also several times wider.

Bouboumaster
Hulk, pulling tectonic plates back together

This feat is insane

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
This feat is insane I agree the answer for me is clearly the Hulk.

CosmicComet
Why are we even talking about mountain lifting?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/drax/draxstarbusting.jpg

That is PC superboy-level type sh*t.

Yes you won this several posts ago.

We are discussing other things just to be douchebags.

Originally posted by quanchi112
I agree the answer for me is clearly the Hulk. yup

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ok, Zeus didn't rip it from the Earth either, so moot point.

The comic said Hulk held 150 billion tons, which means that's what he held, the entire mountain range would weigh more than that, it dwarfed the Andes.

Zeus feat is clearly not superior since you don't even have a weight for how much he lifted. Also, from the scan it looks like Zeus didn't get out from under the mountain.

The comic said that? I'm pretty sure that was only stated on the cover and not inside the actual comic.

You can't seriously be arguing that the Hulk held up 150 Billion Tons. That was clearly not what happened.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Would the Midgard Serpent feat with Thor count or is unquantifiable etc.?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The comic said that? I'm pretty sure that was only stated on the cover and not inside the actual comic.

You can't seriously be arguing that the Hulk held up 150 Billion Tons. That was clearly not what happened. So the cover openly deceived the reader with the amount of weight ? What's wrong with you ?

CosmicComet
Would the Midgard Serpent feat with Thor count or is unquantifiable etc.?

It shouldn't be unquantifiable.

How many times did it wrap around the earth? Did it say that? Or can we come to that conclusion from the art? I haven't seen that scan in forever.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So the cover openly deceived the reader with the amount of weight ? What's wrong with you ?

What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?

Best case scenario, the mountain range actually weighed 150 Billion Tons but in no way is that comic cover proof that Hulk actually held up all that weight. No one can possibly come to that conclusion after reading it.

marwash22
Would the Midgard Serpent feat with Thor count or is unquantifiable etc.? not imo.

if the serpent was wrapped around the planet, Thor lifted (at least) the weight of Earth.

quanchi112
What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?

Best case scenario, the mountain range actually weighed 150 Billion Tons but in no way is that comic cover proof that Hulk actually held up all that weight. No one can possibly come to that conclusion after reading it. That's exactly what he did no matter how ridiculous it sounds or how silly. The comic clearly told us the weight on the cover. I hate when people start making claims the writers are lying to us when there isn't any proof to the contrary.

Hulk's stronger than Thor. Get over it.

Mindset
Where do you think an active volcano comes from if not from rooted ground? Did he pluck out of the air while it was floating?

No, the comic said that they were underneath 150 billion tons. Unfortunately, the comic showed us that Hulk was never supporting that full weight by himself. All he did was serve it from collapsing on them by bracing it. And the only part that he was bracing was the 10 foot diameter or so that they were trapped in an all the material directly above it. Everything else, was supported by ground they were standing on/surrounded by.

Don't equivocate please. Hulk never held up the actual mountain range, only the small area above his and his friends' heads, so its pointless bringing that term up.

I don't need to find an exact figure, although I am still looking. A mountain is a mountain. Zeus held up a whole one by himself over his head and then dropped it on someone. Hulk braced a very thin portion of one temporarily and struggled.

To give an idea though, I remember reading a few years back someone estimating Mt. Everest to be over 300 trillion tons. Mt. Etna is only like 40% as tall, but its also several times wider.

Yes, they where under 150 billion tons of rock, they can't be under something that isn't above them, thus, Hulk is supporting 150 billion tons of rock.

I never said Hulk held up the entire mountain range...that "small" area he held above his head was under miles of rock, which totaled 150 billion tons. Do you really think the entire mountain range, one that dwarfed the Andes, only weighed 150 billion tons? If so, Idk what to tell you.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It shouldn't be unquantifiable.

How many times did it wrap around the earth? Did it say that? Or can we come to that conclusion from the art? I haven't seen that scan in forever.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/MidgardSerpent1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/MidgardSerpent2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/MidgardSerpent3.jpg

Originally posted by marwash22
not imo.

if the serpent was wrapped around the planet, Thor lifted (at least) the weight of Earth.

Not necessarily.

Mindset

You can't seriously be arguing that the Hulk held up 150 Billion Tons. That was clearly not what happened. I'll refer you to my above post.

CosmicComet
Yes, they where under 150 billion tons of rock, they can't be under something that isn't above them, thus, Hulk is supporting 150 billion tons of rock.

I never said Hulk held up the entire mountain range...that "small" area he held above his head was under miles of rock, which totaled 150 billion tons. Do you really think the entire mountain range, one that dwarfed the Andes, only weighed 150 billion tons? If so, Idk what to tell you.

No, I never said the mountain range was only a 150 billion tons. Not sure how you got that. The particular, single mountain peak that was above them was attributed as having the 150 billion tons. Not the few mile tall, 10 ft diameter 'pillar' that the hulk was supporting within that peak. Do you need me to draw a quick diagram of this for you? smile

not imo.

if the serpent was wrapped around the planet, Thor lifted (at least) the weight of Earth. the earth wasnt moved along with the serpent.

I'd say it is somewhat unquantifiable, yes.

Rage.Of.Olympus

What are you saying here exactly? That the portion the Hulk was directly exerting his strength against is 150 Billion Tons or the part of the mountain range they were under is a 150 Billion Tons? Two very different things.

And IIRC, the Hulk pointed out that he was bracing it due to some good leverage, and wouldn't last very long.

CosmicComet
That's exactly what he did no matter how ridiculous it sounds or how silly. The comic clearly told us the weight on the cover. I hate when people start making claims the writers are lying to us when there isn't any proof to the contrary.

Hulk by title might be stronger than Thor, but by quantifiable feats, he is not.

Thor and Herc nearly tipping the planet off its axis by arm-wrestling >>> WWH's feats.

What are you saying here exactly? That the portion the Hulk was directly exerting his strength against is 150 Billion Tons or the part of the mountain range they were under is a 150 Billion Tons? Two very different things.

And IIRC, the Hulk pointed out that he was bracing it due to some good leverage, and wouldn't last very long. people in general use leverag to lift or hold stuff. he wouldnt hold it indefinitely, true, but so what?

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's exactly what he did no matter how ridiculous it sounds or how silly. The comic clearly told us the weight on the cover. I hate when people start making claims the writers are lying to us when there isn't any proof to the contrary.

First of all, comic covers are in no way indicative of the actual content inside so don't even waste my time if that's going to be your argument.

Secondly, I thought the comic made it quite clear that your interpretation is flawed. It was said that the Hulk dug out a spot for them so they weren't squashed and it was stated that they were directly under only 2 miles of land or something.

CosmicComet
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/MidgardSerpent1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/MidgardSerpent2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/MidgardSerpent3.jpg

Thanks.

The Serpent itself despite its size would not be calced to anywhere near the weight of the moon let alone the earth. But IIRC, this is even close to Thor's greatest strength feat with all said and done. Did he not support a weight equivalent to several planets once?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
people in general use leverag to light or hold stuff. he wouldnt hold it indefinitely, true, but so what?

Pretty sure he used something like minutes or even seconds. Something I think is worth mentioning.

CosmicComet

And IIRC, the Hulk pointed out that he was bracing it due to some good leverage, and wouldn't last very long.

Yes, the scan I posted on the page before noted he had leverage, and as I said the portion that he was supporting was never stated to be 150 billion tons. The actual mountain peak that was above them was attributed as having that weight. In all truthfulness he probably braced 1% of its total weight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanks.

The Serpent itself despite its size would not be calced to anywhere near the weight of the moon let alone the earth. But IIRC correctly, this is even close to Thor's greatest strength feat with all said and done. Did he not support a weight equivalent to several planets once?

Lifting the Serpent -although still up there in terms of numbers- is not as impressive as overpowering it and breaking it's grip.

At one point, he shrugged off the weight of half a planet, overpowered the force of a Neutron Star, and Umar pressed the weight of a score of planets on Thor or some such.

Pretty sure he used something like minutes or even seconds. Something I think is worth mentioning. he said seconds, maybe one minute. it is still amssive and isnt even his best feat

marwash22
does it say anywhere how dense the serpent is? dont think we assume the thing has the same makeup as a typical snake.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
he said seconds, maybe one minute. it is still amssive and isnt even his best feat

Cool. I never said it wasn't impressive, people just try place the feat on a pedestal it doesn't deserve to be on simply because of the large numbers involved.

Nah, it's not. The tectonic plates feat of the less powerful Green Scar is noticeably more impressive to me.

Rage.Of.Olympus
does it say anywhere how dense the serpent is? dont think we assume the thing has the same makeup as a typical snake.

If it helps any, Asgardians are multiple times -in previous handbooks it was something like x3- denser than humans.

CosmicComet

It doesn't to my knowledge, and you are absolutely correct it would be impossible for it to be that big by simply scaling up an anaconda as it would collapse from its own weight before it ever got anywhere near that size.

But the unquantifiable problems comes in from trying to work out its density on our own. I would guess its skin would be at least a quintillion times more dense than a normal snake, and even that is probably underestimating by far too much.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, the scan I posted on the page before noted he had leverage, and as I said the portion that he was supporting was never stated to be 150 billion tons. The actual mountain peak that was above them was attributed as having that weight. In all truthfulness he probably braced 1% of its total weight.

Saw it. Thanks.

Mindset
No, I never said the mountain range was only a 150 billion tons. Not sure how you got that. The particular, single mountain peak that was above them was attributed as having the 150 billion tons. Not the few mile tall, 10 ft diameter 'pillar' that the hulk was supporting within that peak. Do you need me to draw a quick diagram of this for you? smile The weight that is being supported is 150 billion tons. If Hulk is under it, he's supporting it.

The cover says "Beneath 150 billion tons stands the Hulk and he's not happy".

Inside the comic says they are "deep beneath billions of tons of stone".

Brockalizer
I'm going with Tyrant on this one. Anyone that can take on Silver Surfer, Morg, Terrax, Gladiator, and Beta Ray Bill and win rather easily is a tough hombre. Not to mention nearly killing Thanos.

dmills
Would the Midgard Serpent feat with Thor count or is unquantifiable etc.? So long as it was a literal physical feat and not some sorta metaphysical esoteric type deal, you're good thumb up

Don Corleone
Hercules lifted the Universe.

CosmicComet
The weight that is being supported is 150 billion tons. If Hulk is under it, he's supporting it.

The cover says "Beneath 150 billion tons stands the Hulk and he's not happy".

Inside the comic says they are "deep beneath billions of tons of stone".

Unfortunately, what is above the hulk is only the amount of rock that fits within the width of the wedge they are stuck in. The rest of the mountain is resting on ground.

You can keep the 150 billion tons figure if you want, its reasonable for the section that he was holding up of since it was such a large mountain overall, despite the book attributing it to the weight of the peak and not the section he supported. Point is I've established that Zeus' feat is better. Mt Etna definitely weighs more than 150 billion tons, and Zeus wasn't simply bracing it for a few minutes either.

carver9
1. Gladiator busting a planet.
2. Hulk holding a planet together with nothing but brute strength.
3. Sentry holding the cosmic cube
4. Hulk holding an anti matter and matter bomb away from each other.
5. Hulk thunder clapping a dimension to dust
6. Hulk holding up 150 billion tons
7. Herc pulling New York back into place
8. Gladiator holding up the baxter building with ease

dmills
3. Sentry holding the cosmic cube-Non quantifiable
4. Hulk holding an anti matter and matter bomb away from each other -Non quantifiable
5. Hulk thunder clapping a dimension to dust-Non quantifiable

Originally posted by carver9
8. Gladiator holding up the baxter building with ease the one with the dimension, he thunderclapped an energy blast back and it destroyed the dimension. still a good feat, but not as good as that implies

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm pretty sure Hulk destroyed the "cosmos" of that entity. It blasted him with sonic screech that Hulk thunderclapped back. That IIRC lit up his cosmos.

And from what I recall of my last break down regarding the matter/anti-matter feat, it's overblown.

CosmicComet

Some are non-quantifiable and/or described inaccurately.

And for the Hulk feats that are quantifiable (2 and 6), Thor has those feats beat easily.

Simbon
Yes you won this several posts ago.

We are discussing other things just to be douchebags.

Oh, OK.

In that case, Colossus for fast-ball special.

Simbon

I'm not sure which is better; the fact that you've included non-quantifiable feats, as others have pointed out, or that you rate busting a small planetoid over thunderclapping a dimension.

Drax does indeed have the best feat. does any other high herald have a strengh feat to match his?

Black bolt z

150,000,000,000 tons is still 150,000,000,000 tons True.

But its not like he was benching it or anything...

carver9
Some are non-quantifiable and/or described inaccurately.

And for the Hulk feats that are quantifiable (2 and 6), Thor has those feats beat easily.

Which feats of Thors beat those because all you have been using is Hyperbolic statements. You haven't shown one thing with Thor lifring something.

-Pr-

For someone who claims to read a lot of Marvel, you really should read more of their books. erm

Some of those are plain weak. A BUILDING? An island? Seriously?

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
For someone who claims to read a lot of Marvel, you really should read more of their books. erm

Some of those are plain weak. A BUILDING? An island? Seriously?

I'm just using lifting feats and I am just getting started. I'm not using pulling or hyperbolic statements.

Simbon
I'm just using lifting feats and I am just getting started. I'm not using pulling or hyperbolic statements.

The most impressive lifting feat is Gladiator busting a planet?

-Pr-

You could have used better ones... shrug

kgkg
Hercules lifted the Universe. http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/lakersfacepalmp1.gif

dmills
I'm not sure which is better; the fact that you've included non-quantifiable feats, as others have pointed out, or that you rate busting a small planetoid over thunderclapping a dimension. laughing out loud

psycho gundam

I never said Hulk held up the entire mountain range...that "small" area he held above his head was under miles of rock, which totaled 150 billion tons. Do you really think the entire mountain range, one that dwarfed the Andes, only weighed 150 billion tons? If so, Idk what to tell you. thumb up

Originally posted by Black bolt z
True.

But its not like he was benching it or anything... ironically mountains can't be benched since they are part of the earth's crust....unless they are inexplicably seperated from the crust, like say if one was dropped from above. current hulk would replicate that same feat with ease (though it crumbling around him is not his fault)

the heaviest movable object on earth is uluru (aeyer's rock) in australia, so unless someone feels like pushing it around for some reason, humoungous strength feats are kinda hard to come by for guys who can't fly

dmills

the heaviest movable object on earth is uluru (aeyer's rock) in australia, so unless someone feels like pushing it around for some reason, humoungous strength feats are kinda hard to come by for guys who can't fly Pfft. MT. Augustus sneer

psycho gundam
nope, uluru is the world's largest rock and not attacked to the earth's crust smile

Mindset
Originally posted by Black bolt z
True.

But its not like he was benching it or anything... Since when did benching become the standard for lifting feats?

dmills
nope, uluru is the world's largest rock and not attacked to the earth's crust smile Mt.Augustus is a monolith damn you. The travel agencies say so mad

CosmicComet
Since when did benching become the standard for lifting feats?

It's how you introduce yourself for gym memberships G.

psycho gundam
Mt.Augustus is a monolith damn you. The travel agencies say so mad you drank the kool-aid

dmills
you drank the kool-aid laughing out loud Touche

dmills
So far classic Drax has this? Wow, who'da thunk it shocking

psycho gundam
First of all, comic covers are in no way indicative of the actual content inside so don't even waste my time if that's going to be your argument.

Secondly, I thought the comic made it quite clear that your interpretation is flawed. It was said that the Hulk dug out a spot for them so they weren't squashed and it was stated that they were directly under only 2 miles of land or something. two miles of solid rock man, here are 40-60 ton slabs of marble being moved about: 9S8-ihFMaxU

there is also a 200 ton slab being moved and it's only about the size of two buicks side by side...

So far classic Drax has this? Wow, who'da thunk it shocking I always thought that was the best feat by heralds.

dmills
Originally posted by 753
I always thought that was the best feat by heralds.

It's extremely impressive. You know, this is actually my first time ever seeing the feat. Up until today I had just assumed that it was hyperbole.

quanchi112

Secondly, I thought the comic made it quite clear that your interpretation is flawed. It was said that the Hulk dug out a spot for them so they weren't squashed and it was stated that they were directly under only 2 miles of land or something. In this case it was. We see that later clearly in the comic. To suggest that number was given to confuse the reader is preposterous. If Thor did it you'd use this as a quantifiable feat but since he didn't it doesn't count.

long pig
Wait, how is Hulk's feat not valid? That was the first thing I thought of when I say this thread. There's an anti hulk bias sometimes here.

celeyhyga17
Going by feats and character interaction...

Thor
Hulk
Gladiator

quanchi112
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Thor
Hulk
Gladiator How is Thor better by feats and character interaction ?

Mindset
Hulk > Thor

quanchi112
Hulk > Thor To make it even worse hulk fans are even more intelligent than the 3 thor fans out there to boot.

Existere
What's Hulk's best strength feat to date? Has that been narrowed down?

long pig
nevermind, I didn't read very much of the thread. I rarely read anything anyone writes to be honest, though.

Mindset
Originally posted by Existere
What's Hulk's best strength feat to date? Has that been narrowed down? He has the biggest muscles, isn't that enough?

celeyhyga17
How is Thor better by feats and character interaction ?

world serpent...fights under the influence of WM... his nature (offspring of the union between skyfather and elder goddess) etc. etc.

carver9

Thor
Hulk
Gladiator

This is all wrong. Name me a strength feat from Thor. No Hyperbole. Show me him lifting something.

carver9
What's Hulk's best strength feat to date? Has that been narrowed down?

Holding together a splitting Planet that was twice the size of Earth. What has Thor done strength wise outside of hitting something? What's his best lifting feat?

celeyhyga17
This is all wrong. Name me a strength feat from Thor. No Hyperbole. Show me him lifting something.

read the thread fully for examples so I dont have to repeat them

carver9
read the thread fully for examples so I dont have to repeat them

So what's that strength feat? The only thing they have been throwing off is Hyperbolic statements. The midgard serpant was a magical entity and there was no telling how much it weighed. It might didn't have any weight at all since it was basically wrapped around a planet without causing any type of damage.

So again, give me a lifting feat besides hyperbole (he doesn't have any) that makes you suggest he is stronger than Hulk. Hitting power, you might have a argument, lifting, Hulk has him beat by miles.

celeyhyga17
So what's that strength feat? The only thing they have been throwing off is Hyperbolic statements. The midgard serpant was a magical entity and there was no telling how much it weighed. It might didn't have any weight at all since it was basically wrapped around a planet without causing any type of damage.

So again, give me a lifting feat besides hyperbole (he doesn't have any) that makes you suggest he is stronger than Hulk. Hitting power, you might have a argument, lifting, Hulk has him beat by miles.

so strength is all about lifting?

carver9
so strength is all about lifting?

Naah, not saying that but you throwing off Thor being stronger than Hulk isn't right. When you have Savage Hulk stalemating Thor for hours whereas Current Hulk is > Savage, then that makes your argument wrong.

When you have Thor teamed with Earth mightiest heros and was still unable to get onslaughts attention or do any type of damage but Hulk jumps in and bust Onslaughts armor to dust with a single punch... that makes your statement completely wrong don't you think?

carver9
Hulk did something Thor couldn't do.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=13310838 wink

celeyhyga17
Naah, not saying that but you throwing off Thor being stronger than Hulk isn't right. When you have Savage Hulk stalemating Thor for hours whereas Current Hulk is > Savage, then that makes your argument wrong.

When you have Thor teamed with Earth mightiest heros and was still unable to get onslaughts attention or do any type of damage but Hulk jumps in and bust Onslaughts armor to dust with a single punch... that makes your statement completely wrong don't you think?

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength25.jpg

heres some food for thought

A neutron star is so dense that one teaspoon (5 milliliters) of its material would have a mass about 900 times the mass of the Great Pyramid of Giza. The resulting force of gravity is so strong that if an object were to fall from a height of one meter it would only take one microsecond to hit the surface of the neutron star, and would do so at around 2000 kilometers per second, or 7.2 million kilometers per hour.

What's Hulk's best strength feat to date? Has that been narrowed down? Id say holding a planet together and oneshotting that asteroid.

carver9
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength25.jpg

heres some food for thought

A neutron star is so dense that one teaspoon (5 milliliters) of its material would have a mass about 900 times the mass of the Great Pyramid of Giza. The resulting force of gravity is so strong that if an object were to fall from a height of one meter it would only take one microsecond to hit the surface of the neutron star, and would do so at around 2000 kilometers per second, or 7.2 million kilometers per hour.

That's more of a durability feat imo.

celeyhyga17
That's more of a durability feat imo.

durability? I guess..
but a strength feat as well since he forced himself out of it...
it's pretty frickin uber...

durability? I guess..
it's pretty frickin uber... hum...ss flies through stars on a semi-daily basis, but no one accepts that as a feat of strengh or even bullrushing power, even though he pushes stellar masses out of his way and is unnafected by their pressure and gravity.

carver9
durability? I guess..
it's pretty frickin uber...

I agree, its uber but it kind of fall in the category of Hulk punching through dimensions, etc, etc. We know Thor is a irresistable force but the feats that you are bringing up isn't similar to what has been brought to the table by other posters like ripping the core out of a star, holding planets together, moving states, etc, etc.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by 753
hum...ss flies through stars on a semi-daily basis, but no one accepts that as a feat of strengh or even bullrushing power, even though he pushes stellar masses out of his way and is unnafected by their pressure and gravity.

u just answered ure question... he "flies" through them...
Thor wasn't powering himself through flight...
he was basically on his knees before he forced out of the debris

u just answered ure question... he "flies" through them...
Thor wasn't powering himself through flight...
he was basically on his knees before he forced out of the debris relevance? SM pulled the earth while flying and that counted

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by 753
relevance? SM pulled the earth while flying and that counted

it counted in this thread?

SM as in Supes?

i aint countin that...

Existere
Originally posted by 753
Id say holding a planet together and oneshotting that asteroid. The asteroid wasn't under his own power though, and was really more of a case of Hulk using tech to aid a superman-style jump straight through the asteroid. It's not like he punches it iirc, so I wouldn't call it a strength feat, at least in the ordinary sense...

carver9
The asteroid wasn't under his own power though, and was really more of a case of Hulk using tech to aid a superman-style jump straight through the asteroid. It's not like he punches it iirc, so I wouldn't call it a strength feat, at least in the ordinary sense...

So Colossus or Wolverine can do it?

dmills
So Colossus or Wolverine can do it? Ohh.

Endless Mike
Squirrel Girl

Oh wait, you said no one over Herald level

Simbon
It's extremely impressive. You know, this is actually my first time ever seeing the feat. Up until today I had just assumed that it was hyperbole.

Yeah, if classic drax is considered herald, then he is (IMO) physically the strongest herald in either Marvel or DC. It is sad that he has been depowered so many times (and even worse, made stupid for a time). Marvel needs more uber cosmic characters to make their universe feel bigger (something I think DC has done better; though the Celestials trump anything in DC in terms of coolness).

-Pr-
The asteroid wasn't under his own power though, and was really more of a case of Hulk using tech to aid a superman-style jump straight through the asteroid. It's not like he punches it iirc, so I wouldn't call it a strength feat, at least in the ordinary sense...

And you'd be right.

psycho gundam
though he fared far better than superman did, and hulk was at his weakest hulk state

all the tech did was simulate escape velocity, something hulk can do on his own now (for at least a decade) even red hulk can do it with ease as he did with thor, and then current hulk mopped the floor with him

Existere
So Colossus or Wolverine can do it? Anybody with Hulk's mass, durability and density could do it if they were fired at the rock with the same speed that Hulk was. This had a lot to do with both Hulk's jumping power and the assistance from the tech that he had to actually fire him that far into space.

Note that they wouldn't actually require the same strength as Hulk.

-Pr-
though he fared far better than superman did, and hulk was at his weakest hulk state

all the tech did was simulate escape velocity, something hulk can do on his own now (for at least a decade) even red hulk can do it with ease as he did with thor, and then current hulk mopped the floor with him

when?

Anybody with Hulk's mass, durability and density could do it if they were fired at the rock with the same speed that Hulk was. This had a lot to do with both Hulk's jumping power and the assistance from the tech that he had to actually fire him that far into space.

Note that they wouldn't actually require the same strength as Hulk. really? I find it unlikely. doenst the hulk weight only a few tons? and his durabilty aint that absurd either, it's HF that takes his damage soak to 11. I can accept that feat not be used as the writer didnt think all things through, but to me he seemed to desire it as a feat of strengh.

would an adamantium missile have the same effect if fired at it at the same speed?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
hum...ss flies through stars on a semi-daily basis, but no one accepts that as a feat of strengh or even bullrushing power, even though he pushes stellar masses out of his way and is unnafected by their pressure and gravity.

I hope your not being serious here. I thought it was quite obvious that the feat was intended to be one of strength but due of the nature of it, it was also by extension a feat of durability.

Flying through Stars and such are almost always feats of durability and/or speed as far as I've seen. But because of their nature, they are to a lesser extent a feat of strength.

Comparing Superman moving a planet -which is quite clear a feat of power/strength by the writer- to flying through a Star in regards to strength is quite amusing.

CosmicComet
All strength feats are also durability feats.

Not all durability feats are strength feats.

Mindset
Anybody with Hulk's mass, durability and density could do it if they were fired at the rock with the same speed that Hulk was. This had a lot to do with both Hulk's jumping power and the assistance from the tech that he had to actually fire him that far into space.

Note that they wouldn't actually require the same strength as Hulk. Didn't Hulk actually punch the asteroid though?

psycho gundam
with both arms

Mindset
And his wiener.

Existere
Didn't Hulk actually punch the asteroid though? If someone gets the actual scans, we could answer that for sure- as I recall (and it was a while ago that I looked at those), he just had his arms out in front of him, Superman-flight style, and shot right through the asteroid.

Mindset
I used to have the comic, but someone gave me a virus and I lost everything...pretty suspicious. sneer

CosmicComet
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/16508/712135-mcp_52_30_super.jpg

?

kgkg
"Not to big for The Incredible Hulk" - Classic.

Omega Vision
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/16508/712135-mcp_52_30_super.jpg

?
I hate bad art.

Edit: Where's the part where it says the asteroid was 2x Earth? Because from that scan with the perspective there it looks to be the size of a small mountain.

Probably just bad art but I'd like some clarification stick out tongue

CosmicComet
It's classic, I don't mind golden-silver age comic coloring.

Existere
So, the whole thing was a product of Hulk's super jumping and "experimental anti-magnetic jet propelled fortified" pseudo-science.

Omega Vision
It's classic, I don't mind golden-silver age comic coloring.
No the coloring is fine. It's the way the artist depicts scale that irks me.

Either Hulk is super far away from the rubble (which would make no sense considering he just wrecked it and is moving through it) or those chunks are the size of houses.

CosmicComet
Oh scale.

Well yeah, scale is terrible even in modern animation/comics. It's just seems nigh impossible to portray effectively after a certain magnitude.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33202/944172-supermanliftingstrength2_super.jpg

Country sized Superman ftw.

Philosophía
That really is just a matter of perspective, as we don't know how long the harness actually was. In Hulk's case though, he is supposed to be surrounded by the chunks of rock he had just destroyed, and close to none of them seem to be bigger than mountain size. (many of them are closer to us than Hulk is, so we can somewhat accurately interpret their size)

Iirc, the only thing that makes that asteroid twice the size of earth is a scientist at the beginning of the issue saying he has "made the calculations" after watching it through a telescope - but at no point was it depicted as being that size, either before or after Hulk hit it.

It's not a pure strength feat, either way, so there's not much to it.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I hate bad art.

Edit: Where's the part where it says the asteroid was 2x Earth? Because from that scan with the perspective there it looks to be the size of a small mountain.

Probably just bad art but I'd like some clarification stick out tongue it's in the scan before that one, the asteroid is at least 1.5X the size of the earth (and apparently solid)

leonidas
hulk. or herc, if you want to think he held up the universe. which i do. big grin

CosmicComet
It's an error in perspective. The cable should be thickest closer to superman and an extremely diminished as it goes down to the bolt/nut thing. As it is, it seems to be comparable to Superman's body length.

psycho gundam
the claw destroying the planet where it makes contact should be the bigger issue in that scene

CosmicComet
Billions of people are getting crushed under the clamps.

I hope your not being serious here. I thought it was quite obvious that the feat was intended to be one of strength but due of the nature of it, it was also by extension a feat of durability.

Flying through Stars and such are almost always feats of durability and/or speed as far as I've seen. But because of their nature, they are to a lesser extent a feat of strength.

Comparing Superman moving a planet -which is quite clear a feat of power/strength by the writer- to flying through a Star in regards to strength is quite amusing. I dont diagree with your interpretation of the artist's intentions, but the question is what the planet moving force is atributted to, his muscles or the mysterious mechanism behind his flight. it isnt a matter of whether it is a feat of strengh or speed, but whether it is a flight power feat that wouldnt automatically translate into his punches for instance (unless he was bullrushing).

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman's flight and strength use to be independent powers after Crisis where his powers were all basically manifestations of different part of psyche. His a more physical entity now.

Rage.Of.Olympus

psycho gundam
i know right

celeyhyga17

-Pr-
Superman's flight and strength use to be independent powers after Crisis where his powers were all basically manifestations of different part of psyche. His a more physical entity now.

-throws arms up-

Even a Thorbag can see it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>