Thor Vs Majestic (HTH)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Only using hth skills. Who wins?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/1768636-asthor005_cov_col_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/80415-76365-mr-majestic_large.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Confused by the wording. Do they have powers? Are they fighting like bricks?

Prep-Man
I guess the only powers they can use is their durability/strength, but no powers, no heat vision, speed, just regular dojo style fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor then.

Harbinger
Majestic. Damn good fight, though.

SuperiorTech
Majestic

Digi
Majestic.

leonidas
prolly majestic, but it's a slight majority, imo. 6/10

JakeTheBank
Majestic.

Uriel005
Majestic on account of being that much of a dick.

Digi
Originally posted by Digi
Kheran nobility ftw. If we're to believe the talk, Majestic possesses MA knowledge that even Zealot (arguably Wildstorm's most skilled combatant, all other powers stripped away) respects and fears.

Though, granted, I'm unfamiliar with Orion's full history.

Only difference is, I'm content in my knowledge of both characters in this thread.

celeyhyga17
H2H and No superspeed?
split

Uriel005
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
H2H and No superspeed?
split CIS still on Majestic abuses Thors tendency to monologue and beats him silly while he delivers some schtick on how the son of Odin is going to smite a fool.

dmills
Majestros

TricksterPriest
I'm reasonably sure Majestic is not only a great fighter, but that he fights dirty.

long pig
Originally posted by leonidas
prolly majestic, but it's a slight majority, imo. 6/10 Sexiest. Post. Ever. :drool:

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Uriel005
CIS still on Majestic abuses Thors tendency to monologue and beats him silly while he delivers some schtick on how the son of Odin is going to smite a fool.

then again Thor will be monologuing and beats Majestros silly while delivering some schtick on how the son of Odin smites a fool...

cool

Sirius77
Majestros.

the Darkone
Thor

leonidas
Originally posted by long pig
Sexiest. Post. Ever. :drool:

i did it for you. love

Q99
I'd go with Majestros. HtH is more his thing than Thor's.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Enough with that shit. Oeming f*cked up with Blood Oath. Just because Thor wields a weapon doesn't automatically make him less formidable in hand to hand when we've seen him brawl so often.

Did I miss some really impressive skill feats from Majestros or is he getting the win, simply because his "cool" for lack of a better term? I think it'd be a stalemate on average but without super speed, Thor would be my pick from what I've seen. Physical strength is a wash, but Thor might be tougher with Majestic being more "invulnerable".

quanchi112
I think the point is clear though Thor is a lot more formidable with his hammer than without it. Thor has always used it as a crutch. I don't see the problem as it's his standard weapon. It's like saying hulk can't use his healing factor in a fight. It's limiting him. Didn't Thor himself also state as much during the ragnarok arc that he leaned on his hammer too much in the past.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sure, overall, but when his using it as a club, it's basically a substitute fist for the most part. How many times does Thor need to put down his hammer and give a good accounting for himself?

Lee probably showed the biggest difference between a Mjolnir wielding Thor a non Mjolnir wielding Thor but even then, the difference wasn't large; just noticeable. Since then, it hasn't been that pronounced.

Yes, he said he used his leaned on his hammer too often in the past but he also said the hammer was but a tool. Due to what he was doing during the scene, I think he was talking about overall picture though.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Sure, overall, but when his using it as a club, it's basically a substitute fist for the most part. How many times does Thor need to put down his hammer and give a good accounting for himself?

Lee probably showed the biggest difference between a Mjolnir wielding Thor a non Mjolnir wielding Thor but even then, the difference wasn't large; just noticeable. Since then, it hasn't been that pronounced.

Yes, he said he used his leaned on his hammer too often in the past but he also said the hammer was but a tool. Due to what he was doing during the scene, I think he was talking about overall picture though. But comic fan to comic fan you know it and I know it Thor's at his best with his hammer not without.

Take away his weapon and you take away from the house of Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by quanchi112
But comic fan to comic fan you know it and I know it Thor's at his best with his hammer not without.

Take away his weapon and you take away from the house of Thor.

Of course his at his best with the hammer. If nothing else, it adds an impressive tool to block attacks, but at some point unless he was using energy amping, the hammer was but a substitute for his fist. Lee had it right; Thor could go toe to toe with everyone from Hercules to Hulk without the hammer, but put place it in his hands without them having a counter, and it ends badly for the opposition.

Now you're exaggerating.

Prep-Man
i dont see how thor is a better fighter, tbh. or vice versa.

Omega Vision
Majestic

optic_blast!!!
majestic is just the better fighter overall

srankmissingnin
In his heyday Majestic would have taken this pretty solidly, but it seemed like he was nerfed pretty hard in the last several years. He might have still been faster (though based on how much trouble he had with Nemesis, that seems unlikely), but speed has been negated per the stips of this thread anyway. Majestic is almost certainly more skilled than Thor, but Majestic's strength and durability didn't seem comparable at the end of Wildstorm. Thor should win.

aztec
Thor.. Majestic is a chump. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.