Can God laugh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The MISTER
I want to know what people who feel that they understand God think about this.....

Can God enjoy the feeling of a good laugh? You can't laugh as hard at a joke if you've heard it a million times. Can God be surprised by a punch-line? Also I wonder about the feeling of suspense. Can God experience being on the edge of his seat, waiting to see an outcome?

Pinkie Pie
There's an ancient Greek tale about a pair of lady twins. One sees everything good that's going to happen and one sees everything bad that's going to happen. The one who sees all the good never laughs, because she knows whatever will happen before it does and can therefore not find any pleasure in the good things in life.

I'd parallel her fate with that of God. Because God knows what will happen, God can not laugh. It's not that he's incapable of it. It's that there's nothing that can trigger it smile That's my thought.

Bardock42
I think he can, but only at "That's what she said" jokes.

inimalist
have you ever seen a pair of testicles?

Juk3n
God can laugh, he switches off his pre-cog and gets the feeling of suprise and shock and joy and laughter just like everyone else, then when it suites him, he rewinds time and then keeps a straite face to keep up the "omnipotent" angle infront of company. He's God, he can do anything.

The MISTER
@ everyone who has posted...

I hope he can pinkie.... Bardock and inimalist, he'd laugh at you guy's responses! For real it'd be a shame if he can't chuckle at us. Laughter is the bomb! I think you're right Juk3n.

Pinkie Pie
Originally posted by Juk3n
God can laugh, he switches off his pre-cog and gets the feeling of suprise and shock and joy and laughter just like everyone else, then when it suites him, he rewinds time and then keeps a straite face to keep up the "omnipotent" angle infront of company. He's God, he can do anything. That sounds a little too human to me stick out tongue

The MISTER
Originally posted by Pinkie Pie
There's an ancient Greek tale about a pair of lady twins. One sees everything good that's going to happen and one sees everything bad that's going to happen. The one who sees all the good never laughs, because she knows whatever will happen before it does and can therefore not find any pleasure in the good things in life.

I'd parallel her fate with that of God. Because God knows what will happen, God can not laugh. It's not that he's incapable of it. It's that there's nothing that can trigger it smile That's my thought.

Actually this seems quite sad, and alot of christians think that this is the case. Why would we have a good thing we can experience that God himself can't experience?

Mindship
Of course God can laugh. He made human beings.

Pinkie Pie
I imagine the answer rather easy. God's beyond human emotions. I imagine he experience a sense of euphoria when contemplating over his creation. I can't imagine him laughing at any part of it.

I don't think it's necessarily sad either. I genuinely believe he can live a comfortable life not laughing, or whatever it is he does if not living smile

Bardock42
Originally posted by Pinkie Pie
I imagine the answer rather easy.

Yeah, that is easy, and complete speculation.

Pinkie Pie
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, that is easy, and complete speculation.

What about God isn't? stick out tongue

Bardock42

Digi
Originally posted by The MISTER
I want to know what people who feel that they understand God...

heh.

long pig
God created us in his own image (or vica versa i.e god created man and man returned the favor)so when it comes to things like laughter, anger, love, jealousy....we got from the template that is god.

Samurai4Hire
He laughs at me every day. But remember he is under the impression i chose this stinkin life

King Kandy
I want to know what people who feel that they understand God think about this.....

Can God enjoy the feeling of a good laugh? You can't laugh as hard at a joke if you've heard it a million times. Can God be surprised by a punch-line? Also I wonder about the feeling of suspense. Can God experience being on the edge of his seat, waiting to see an outcome?
Aren't you a christian? In the bible god laughs.

The MISTER
Originally posted by King Kandy
Aren't you a christian? In the bible god laughs. If I told you that I could quote the Bible from front to back I'd be lying. And I might as well add that an illiterate person can be a christian. Being a christian is easy. smile

Perhaps you could point me towards the scriptures where he does hmm?

anaconda
well the us constitution include god so yes if a god existed it would laugh

Deja~vu
Well only when it takes some purple pills..They make you see things too. blink angel

King Kandy
If I told you that I could quote the Bible from front to back I'd be lying. And I might as well add that an illiterate person can be a christian. Being a christian is easy. smile

I wasn't trying to deny you are a real christian... I was just trying to understand if this was rhetorical or if you actually wanted some definite answer.

I actually don't know if he laughed... I misread the line I thought was saying that.

FistOfThe North
Can God enjoy the feeling of a good laugh?

sure he can. but it'd only because you were stupid enough to think that he didn't see it coming before you even thought of saying.

and he sounds like santi clause and the green giant when he does so anywho.. it's just we hear it as thunder.

eek!

Bicnarok

Deja~vu
Well, if you think something is funny, then maybe god does too.

drunk

0mega Spawn
http://www.newhotstuff.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/platypus.jpg

proof of gods humor eek!

Bicnarok
Well if not, ill be in the crap for posting this.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/55519/1101117-ok_03_05_2009_raptor_jesus_super.jpg

inimalist
ha!

0mega Spawn
hysterical

siriuswriter
Of course he does. He made the platypus.

LaLaBlah
If I told you that I could quote the Bible from front to back I'd be lying. And I might as well add that an illiterate person can be a christian. Being a christian is easy. smile

psalm 2:4, says He laughs...at His enemies, but I am sure He laughs with and at His children. What Father doesn't?
I have both experienced and seen "Holy Laughter." it is contagious and hilarious to go through..because just like crying during grief, you can't just stop laughing because you want to.

Agree with what deja vu said--He laughs when we do. Sometimes, I think I laugh because He does. Sometimes I think He laughs...and I dont think it's funny for a few years. embarrasment

atv2
Of course! In Nehemiah 8:10 it says that the Joy of the Lord is our strength. Considering that he is in Heaven, he is at the highest level of joy and happiness that any being can obtain. He desires us to have that love with him too.

Shakyamunison

If god laughed, then it would destroy us all.

Mairuzu
Laughing is weird

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Laughing is weird

laughing Earth blows up! sad

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
If god laughed, then it would destroy us all. But would immediately prevent said destruction. Why? I have no clue, I don't even know why he's laughing.

Shakyamunison
But would immediately prevent said destruction. Why? I have no clue, I don't even know why he's laughing.

Really good weed. wink

Mairuzu
Cosmic weed

Shakyamunison
Cosmic weed

More like divine weed. big grin

Mairuzu
Damn. Sounds similar to the shit i smoked last night. Heavily haze

Shakyamunison
Damn. Sounds similar to the shit i smoked last night. Heavily haze

Don't brag.

Patient_Leech
If god doesn't think this is funny, then he's lame...

rudester
that is funny.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
If god doesn't think this is funny, then he's lame...

That's terrible, but it is funny. laughing out loud

siriuswriter
God created the act of sex, so I'm pretty sure that if he wanted to he could be laughing 24/7. There is nothing so silly-looking as the beast with two backs.

RE: Blaxican
At face value, I'm confused as to how God creating sex implies that he can laugh.

However, the below the surface implications of that statement arouse me substantially. Life is so confusing.

dadudemon
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
However, the below the surface implications of that statement arouse me substantially. Life is so confusing.

Care to "extrapolate"?

rudester
maybe he laughs like the cat in alice in wonderland?

http://www.filmequals.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/ALICE_TheCheshireCat_thumb.jpg

lil bitchiness
Sure he laughs, probably at people who always make plans about everything.

If I were God, I'd totally troll people who make solid plans.

SupermanAscends
God laughs when he hears something funny, but not when there are disturbing contents.

I don't know who could be so funny as to make God laugh. This planet earth is pretty boring, and not even I laugh sometimes.

Hulkbuster1
God has the best sense of humor! He's the best prankster and trickster. what other god made a book(bible)full of contradictions,errancies and plot holes than expects the more than 100 reasonable confused religious denominations to follow the one true path lol. And to make it epicly lulzers after you die wasting your life in what seem like the rightious path, god will still send you to hell regardless of your commitment,community service,donation and following a good life as best as possibly can , you will still go to hell for breaking 1 rule from the plothole book or something trivial like not praying correctly,being a jew or not beating your slaves near death,as long as they're not made blind, to show you love them lolwut and to add insult to injury either a coldblooded killer will get to heaven so long as he chooses correctly lol even a bum has more preferance by defult getting into heaven...even though god hate lazy slouches What the f**k? truly god has a great sense of humor just ask satan whose a murderer even though god killed more and nearly wipe the earth clean during lol.

Patient_Leech
Can God take a poop? I bet he could if he really wanted to... or had a need to. I bet he'd take that poop right on top of some anti-gay/lesbian fundamentalist preacher's head. It would be a righteous poop.

rudester
wtf...lol woe woe woe hold on their peech...for one more woe. U are a millionaire

Patient_Leech
Okay, I know that may have seemed a bit random, lol... but here's what inspired it (a post by God on Facebook that I thought was hilarious)...

d2n7vSPwhSU

Deja~vu
Maybe god can be amused but it depends on what you think god is. Offended? No, something like that could not be .... just thought I'd throw offended in there. lol

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Maybe god can be amused but it depends on what you think god is. Offended? No, something like that could not be .... just thought I'd throw offended in there. lol

So, are you just trying to offend god to see if it has a sense of humor?

Arhael
"And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the world round and laughed and laughed and laughed..."

axel_jovan
Originally posted by Arhael
"And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the world round and laughed and laughed and laughed..."
laughing

Yep, true story thumb up

atv2
yeah

Bentley
We should just close all the "can God do this" because of the omnipotence clause, or at least thin it out to a God in a certain religion.

evil face

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
At face value, I'm confused as to how God creating sex implies that he can laugh.

However, the below the surface implications of that statement arouse me substantially. Life is so confusing. What the **** am I talking about here?

Bentley
Well, that's the kind of reasoning drugs will led you to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.