Batman (Dick) vs Year One Batman (Bruce)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
So as we know Bruce returned to Gotham after his training when he was 25, and first became Batman several months later, making more or less the same age Dick was when he dawned the cowl... but at this time in their careers, when they both dawned the cowl for the first time, Dick was a much superior crime fighter and martial artist than Bruce was. Is the only thing that makes Bruce superior to Dick his age? Is there any point where the two are equal in age / experience that Bruce would be superior to his protege? Who's max potential is better? When Dick is the same age Bruce is known, who will be superior? Bruce is largely considered the by the finest human specimen in DC, but at equal points in there development it seems to me that Dick has always been two steps a head of Bruce. Discuss.

Batman (Dick) vs Year One Batman (Bruce), and hypothetical 35 year old Dick Grayson vs current Batman.

Philosophía
Bruce is more intelligent, obsessed and borderline insane in his approach with being the best he can be, so while Dick is now better than Bruce was at the same age, a huge factor being the fact that Bruce himself trained him and he was fighting Trigon before Bruce even started his career as Batman, he will never get as far as Bruce has gotten, in any shape. The rate of progression is exponentially different.

Endless Mike
Wouldn't Dick have better technology currently than Bruce did when he first started?

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
So as we know Bruce returned to Gotham after his training when he was 25, and first became Batman several months later, making more or less the same age Dick was when he dawned the cowl... but at this time in their careers, when they both dawned the cowl for the first time, Dick was a much superior crime fighter and martial artist than Bruce was. Is the only thing that makes Bruce superior to Dick his age? Is there any point where the two are equal in age / experience that Bruce would be superior to his protege? Who's max potential is better? When Dick is the same age Bruce is known, who will be superior? Bruce is largely considered the by the finest human specimen in DC, but at equal points in there development it seems to me that Dick has always been two steps a head of Bruce. Discuss.

Batman (Dick) vs Year One Batman (Bruce), and hypothetical 35 year old Dick Grayson vs current Batman. It's 'donned'. I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

StiltmanFTW

leonidas
dick would win--too big of a headstart. year one was one of my favourite batman arcs ever.

srankmissingnin

Lord_Talron
it depends on whether or not they ever retire bruce :P

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.