Fantomex vs. Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13340/274427-86631-fantomex.jpg

vs.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/83179-155694-spider-man.jpg

Okay guys. Fantomex has schooled Deathlok Spider-Man, who was superior to the original if we go by the Wolverine example. So I'm siding with him stick out tongue

SamZED
laughing out loud @ the picture choice.

Bah.. it's comicbook rule # 101.
Clones/evil cyborgs/future selvs/alt reality versions <<< originals. Deadpool has murdered like 100 avengers clones all by himself.

Logan wasnt done fighting. And it was PIS anyway. DL getting orders and leaving just as he was about to land the "finishing" blow. That was supposed to look dramatic.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
laughing out loud @ the picture choice.

I knew you'd like it big grin

Bah.. it's comicbook rule # 101.
Clones/evil cyborgs/future selvs/alt reality versions <<< originals. Deadpool has murdered like 100 avengers clones all by himself.

Logan wasnt done fighting. And it was PIS anyway. DL getting orders and leaving just as he was about to land the "finishing" blow. That was supposed to look dramatic.

True... but I still bet Jean-Phillipe would have an easier time with the real deal wink Loved his and Deadpool's interactions in that book, by the way. "I choose to be who I am anyway. Can you say the same?".

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I knew you'd like it big grin

True... but I still bet Jean-Phillipe would have an easier time with the real deal wink Loved his and Deadpool's interactions in that book, by the way. "I choose to be who I am anyway. Can you say the same?". Yeah wonder if they're gonna develop it further. So far most of team memebers arent getting along too well.

Love the way DP is written. The "weird uncle" part made me laugh.

I just realised something. Future DL Spider-man is very convenient. I can use him dodging bullets as a speed feat for Spidey since they have simillar speed, but if soeone mentions DL getting beaten in h2h I can always say "wasnt THE Spider-man". See? Convenient.shifty

StiltmanFTW
Yeah wonder if they're gonna develop it further. So far most of team memebers arent getting along too well.

Love the way DP is written. The "weird uncle" part made me laugh.

I just realised something. Future DL Spider-man is very convenient. I can use him dodging bullets as a speed feat for Spidey since they have simillar speed, but if soeone mentions DL getting beaten in h2h I can always say "wasnt THE Spider-man". See? Convenient.shifty

Betsy really should have dropped Warren after he cut her. Well, unless she's into that, of course. Btw, pretty good showing for Lady Deathstrike in the "point one" issue.

Yeah, that was awesome big grin

Spidey doesn't stand a chance. He's fighting a martial artist with multiple brains. And nano-active blood. And body reading ability. And the misdirection gimmick. And guns! He's screwed here stick out tongue

SamZED
Betsy really should have dropped Warren after he cut her. Well, unless she's into that, of course. Btw, pretty good showing for Lady Deathstrike in the "point one" issue.

Yeah, that was awesome big grin

Spidey doesn't stand a chance. He's fighting a martial artist with multiple brains. And nano-active blood. And body reading ability. And the misdirection gimmick. And guns! He's screwed here stick out tongue Multiplae brains pfft. That only means Spidey bashes even more brains with a single attack. smoke stick out tongue

You mean her fight with Logan? He wasnt in best shape but yeah, she did great. The way he described her moves...

inimalist
Fantomex's illusions would give him an advantage, though the spider-sense would always help spidey...

probably leaning 6-7/10 for pete

StiltmanFTW
Multiplae brains pfft. That only means Spidey bashes even more brains with a single attack. smoke stick out tongue

You mean her fight with Logan? He wasnt in best shape but yeah, she did great. The way he described her moves...

No, that means he's fighting several MAs. And we both know all it takes is one cool

Yup. One of her better performances against Logan. Always wondered what's the deal with her ad. skeleton. She lost an arm on two occasions.

his illusions are too good. he takes this

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753

Yeah and frankly he is no slouch even without it.

SasuOna
Spidey doesn't have his spider sense anymore guys............so the illusions work him over extra bad. Not like his spider sense could help him avoid being effected by them.

inimalist
Originally posted by 753

Originally posted by SasuOna
Not like his spider sense could help him avoid being effected by them.

Mysterio?

Originally posted by inimalist
Mysterio? mysteryo is dandy and all, but fantomex's missdirection worked on chuck and jean at the same time while she was manifesting the phoenix force, and on apocalypse's celestial tech intelligent ship. on one occasion, the missdirection he cast over a horseman of apocalyopse lasted for weeks afterwards making him genuinely love psylock

inimalist
oh

ya, that is pretty badass

StiltmanFTW
So we all agree that Fantomex wins? cool

Parmaniac
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

http://bilder.animiertegifsgratis.de/Animierte-Gifs-Filme/Bilder-Waynes-World/mike-myers.gif

BruceSkywalker
Parker was just shot and he had to put on armor, Parker doesn't stand a chance here... Fantomex takes care of business

Mindset
They both beat Wolverine.

inimalist
So we all agree that Fantomex wins? cool

sort of...

I'm not convinced the illusions would trick parker, because there is a difference between psy and the spider sense, but if they did, he would

sort of...

I'm not convinced the illusions would trick parker, because there is a difference between psy and the spider sense, but if they did, he would the only way I see the spider-sense doing him any good is if doesnt go off in the face of an illusion of a threat and parker concludes it isnt real. but fantomex can just distract parker with some random shit and get into a position where spider-man can't outreact his attack even if his spider-sense does go off when the diabolik clone fires.

in uncanny x-force 5 - 6, fantomex beats a deathlok spider-man without using his missdirection, and that spider-man consistently dodged gunfire

inimalist
Originally posted by 753
the only way I see the spider-sense doing him any good is if doesnt go off in the face of an illusion of a threat and parker concludes it isnt real. but fantomex can just distract parker with some random shit and get into a position where spider-man can't outreact his attack even if his spider-sense does go off when the diabolik clone fires.

His spider sense has allowed him to locate people, and really, from uncanny x force it really doesn't seem like these would be anything more than the illusions Mysterio pulls off, which themselves should be effective on psychic characters...

Originally posted by 753
in uncanny x-force 5 - 6, fantomex beats a deathlok spider-man without using his missdirection, and that spider-man consistently dodged gunfire

meh, the majority of Spider-Man's rogue gallery are more impressive than Fantomex. His only option for a win here is to prevent Spider-Man from ever getting into a fight with him.

StiltmanFTW
meh, the majority of Spider-Man's rogue gallery are more impressive than Fantomex.

That's simply not true.

Parmaniac
That's simply not true. What's so special about Fantomex? I only read his appereances since the new X-Force run.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
What's so special about Fantomex? I only read his appereances since the new X-Force run.

Expert martial artist with multiple brains, body reading ability, enhanced stats, nano-active blood, healing trance, advanced weaponry such as "mutant killing" bullets, rounds powerful enough to kill Predator X, recently cancer-bullets given to him by Dr Nemesis...

Guy has so many powers it's overkill. And E.V.A. is a part of his standard equipment.

Sin I AM
what has e.v.a. done though? i only ever see her floating around

StiltmanFTW
I heard it can generate bio-electric charges, but I don't know the issue number.

His spider sense has allowed him to locate people, and really, from uncanny x force it really doesn't seem like these would be anything more than the illusions Mysterio pulls off, which themselves should be effective on psychic characters...

meh, the majority of Spider-Man's rogue gallery are more impressive than Fantomex. His only option for a win here is to prevent Spider-Man from ever getting into a fight with him.
those higher end spider-sense showings are inconsistent and dont see how they present a viable a way arround the missdirection

his powers actually affect his targets' minds, warping them. mysterio uses special effects

Existere
meh, the majority of Spider-Man's rogue gallery are more impressive than Fantomex. His only option for a win here is to prevent Spider-Man from ever getting into a fight with him. The majority of Spider-Man's rogue gallery lose a digit of IQ when they start fighting (though some start that way).

Electro is more impressive than Fantomex as far as powersets go. Incidentally, he's also far impressive on paper than Spider-Man.

Mindset
Originally posted by Existere
The majority of Spider-Man's rogue gallery lose a digit of IQ when they start fighting (though some start that way).

Electro is more impressive than Fantomex as far as powersets go. Incidentally, he's also far impressive on paper than Spider-Man. Electro stopped being retarded awhile ago.

Existere
Originally posted by Mindset
Electro stopped being retarded awhile ago. Nah. He may be 'smart' now, but it's only in comparison to where he was before.

psycho gundam
spider-man needs his spider-sense to beat fantomex...and it more than likely won't amount to shit against fantomex. *shrug*

spidey's getting shot

Dum Dum Dugan
I heard it can generate bio-electric charges, but I don't know the issue number.
x-men weapon plus. I believe is when he shows that.

He also has two nervous systems, and ability to create illusions, which would **** with spidy badly.

Mindset
What does having 2 nervous systems do for you?

Dum Dum Dugan
What does having 2 nervous systems do for you?

He has a back up one if the others over loaded. He also is able to shut off the pain he receives making him extreme difficult to hurt.

He also has the ability to summon and some how to control weapon 15

SamZED
Originally posted by 753
those higher end spider-sense showings are inconsistent and dont see how they present a viable a way arround the missdirection

his powers actually affect his targets' minds, warping them. mysterio uses special effects Mysterio's "powers" used to work on Spider-man in his earlier appearances, for the sake of making him a threat. But they eventually realised that special effects shouldnt work with SS working.

And while Fantomex illusions are a whole different level and will screw with Spider-man's vision and perception it still wont fool spider sense. Parker will still be able to avoid bullets/attacks and such but fighting back wont be easy. IMO the outcome of the fight depends on who makes the first mistake.

Dum Dum Dugan
Mysterio's "powers" used to work on Spider-man in his earlier appearances, for the sake of making him a threat. But they eventually realised that special effects shouldnt work with SS working.

And while Fantomex illusions are a whole different level and will screw with Spider-man's vision and perception it still wont fool spider sense. Parker will still be able to avoid bullets/attacks and such but fighting back wont be easy. IMO the outcome of the fight depends on who makes the first mistake.

Yea, I say spidy all the way, but since x-force, he shown some crazy mind powers. Also he the perfect stealth fighter. He makes no noise, belief he can even blend into surroundings ect. Spidy going to have his hands full, not with Fantomex physically, but rather his more unique abilities.

What does having 2 nervous systems do for you? one is back up, but it also lets him download fighting moves during the fight

Deadline
TOAST! Don't ask who.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.