Nova & Black Bolt vs Martian Manhunter & Kilowog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
1. CIS on
2. CIS off

No BFR

Who wins?

Philosophía
With CIS off, J'onn solos.

With CIS on, Team 2 still wins.

dmills
Question about MM. Have we reached a conclusion/consensus regarding the fire weakness? I know that its been depicted fairly inconsistently over the years, however, recently I saw a scan of him flying into the sun and although he did burn up, it did seem to take some time.

Philosophía
I'd think the fact that he flew inside the sun should seal it for current J'onn. At least as far as fire seriously hindering him in any battle, unless people start arguing the opponents creating fires on that level, which would be asinine.

dmills

Existere
Good fight. CIS on, I'll take Team 1. CIS off, J'onn should solo.

dmills
Whats the major hindrance that makes a CISless J'onn some much more formidable that he'd solo two borderline high heralds? Is he holding back power or not utilizing all of his abilities in battle?

Existere
Originally posted by dmills
Whats the major hindrance that makes a CISless J'onn some much more formidable that he'd solo two borderline high heralds? Is he holding back power or not utilizing all of his abilities in battle? Yeah- mostly the fact that neither of Team 1 really has the capacity to affect J'onn when he's intangible. Add in his telepathy and he could potentially (imo, definitely) take them down without actually engaging in physical combat with them.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Existere
Good fight. CIS on, I'll take Team 1. CIS off, J'onn should solo.

How would jonn solo cis off??

Superherovandal
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
How would jonn solo cis off?? If You've ever read the arc where Jonn becomes Fernus you'd see how amazingly powerful he becomes when he's evil and has no qualms about anything. He single handedly was owning the JLA and only lost when Manitou Raven helped Jonn resist Fernus on the Dreamscape and Fernus gave birth to Jonn. Which im sure did weaken him quite a bit for Jonn to give the kill blow

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Superherovandal
If You've ever read the arc where Jonn becomes Fernus you'd see how amazingly powerful he becomes when he's evil and has no qualms about anything. He single handedly was owning the JLA and only lost when Manitou Raven helped Jonn resist Fernus on the Dreamscape and Fernus gave birth to Jonn. Which im sure did weaken him quite a bit for Jonn to give the kill blow

Yeah.. He was just more ruthless.. He wasnt necessarily upgraded.. Akin to WW3 BA..

Konton
Originally posted by Superherovandal
He single handedly was owning the JLA

So many characters have done this that it isn't even impressive.

TricksterPriest
I don't think Nova can take either of team 2 on his own. And BB would have a hard time stopping Kilowog as well as J'onn.

Black bolt z
Team 1 in both.

Prep-Man
Team 2.

celeyhyga17
Yeah- mostly the fact that neither of Team 1 really has the capacity to affect J'onn when he's intangible. Add in his telepathy and he could potentially (imo, definitely) take them down without actually engaging in physical combat with them.

Standard tp attacks wont work on team 1...
Im not disputing that team 2 can win, but thats a bit much if some think Jonn would easily solo..

Existere
Standard tp attacks wont work on team 1...
Im not disputing that team 2 can win, but thats a bit much if some think Jonn would easily solo.. Based on what?

Neither Black Bolt nor Nova have shown an outright immunity to telepathy, nor have they resisted telepathy on J'onn's level (as far as I'm aware, unless something has changed recently. Seeing as Black Bolt's currently dead, I doubt it on his end).

I never said that he would easily solo. I believe that he could though if we remove 'CIS' (which is a stupid notion in itself, but be that as it may...).

celeyhyga17
Based on what?

Neither Black Bolt nor Nova have shown an outright immunity to telepathy, nor have they resisted telepathy on J'onn's level (as far as I'm aware, unless something has changed recently. Seeing as Black Bolt's currently dead, I doubt it on his end).

I never said that he would easily solo. I believe that he could though if we remove 'CIS' (which is a stupid notion in itself, but be that as it may...).

Maximus is your not a run of the mill telepath. Resists his mind powers.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/plan11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/plan12.jpg

can directly affect tp'ers offensively
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/maximus.jpg

creates hypno pattern against the Mandarin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/mandri.jpg

When a child uses his powerful mind to animate a huge statue, Black Bolt controls the child's mind and to stop the statue.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/pattern2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/pattern3.jpg

Uses his electron powers to break the same child's psychic link.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/pattern4.jpg

can even mind blast. prolly through his manipulation of electrons.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/mblasts.jpg

I dont even have to tell u about Nova.. his tp defense is well documented

dmills
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I don't think Nova can take either of team 2 on his own. And BB would have a hard time stopping Kilowog as well as J'onn. Interesting thing about Nova and BB. I think Nova has shown more overall power (in terms of energy output etc) but BB has better showings vs top tiers. Strange.

Anyway imo team 2 are going to have to try and muscle it. Generic tp will be resisted, energy attacks will be absorbed, amped and redirected etc.

dmills
Originally posted by Konton
So many characters have done this that it isn't even impressive. Depends on who's in the line up no? I'd imagine that some teams would be more formidable -and thus more impressive- than others. Who was on the team at the time?

Existere

can directly affect tp'ers offensively
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/maximus.jpg

creates hypno pattern against the Mandarin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/mandri.jpg

When a child uses his powerful mind to animate a huge statue, Black Bolt controls the child's mind and to stop the statue.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/pattern3.jpg

Uses his electron powers to break the same child's psychic link.

can even mind blast. prolly through his manipulation of electrons.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/mblasts.jpg

I dont even have to tell u about Nova.. his tp defense is well documented I've seen each of those scans before- Black Bolt's one of my favorite characters. Which is why I can say with confidence that he has never shown an outright immunity to telepathy nor has he resisted telepathy on the level of the Martian Manhunter.

And yes, you do have to say something about Nova if you're going to claim he can resist J'onn.

celeyhyga17
I've seen each of those scans before- Black Bolt's one of my favorite characters. Which is why I can say with confidence that he has never shown an outright immunity to telepathy nor has he resisted telepathy on the level of the Martian Manhunter.

And yes, you do have to say something about Nova if you're going to claim he can resist J'onn.

why would he not be able to resist it? his defense against tp is almost a hax since it affects the mechanics of it and not how much "force of will" of the tp'er applies.

dmills
Existere,

I can tell you that Rich has twice resisted the Sphinx, and resisted a being that was powerful enough to psionically mask his presence from Galactus. Not sure if that matches what MM can do but those are the most potent examples that I can think of.

celeyhyga17
I'm just saying if team 2 will get wins, it's not from Jonn's tp.

Existere
why would he not be able to resist it? his defense against tp is almost a hax since it affects the mechanics of it and not how much "force of will" of the tp'er applies. Which he's never explicitly used to directly resist telepathy, only to affect other telepaths without being attacked. Nice in theory, but the only feat to back up this notion is Black Bolt resisting Maximus' telepathy without any explanation given of how he went about it.

celeyhyga17
Which he's never explicitly used to directly resist telepathy, only to affect other telepaths without being attacked. Nice in theory, but the only feat to back up this notion is Black Bolt resisting Maximus' telepathy without any explanation given of how he went about it.

erm... It's right there on panel.. why are u denying it? he fuuks with electrons. The idea behind telepathy is the vibration of electrons in the brain which sends out electromagnetic waves. and no one is better than Blackbolt when it involves electron manipulation.

Existere
erm... It's right there on panel.. why are u denying it? he fuuks with electrons. The idea behind telepathy is the vibration of electrons in the brain which sends out electromagnetic waves. and no one is better than Blackbolt when it involves electron manipulation. Uh... what? That's not the 'idea' behind telepathy at all. If you feel that that is how J'onn's super powers work, feel free to post evidence or stop talking out of your ass.

As far as Black Bolt goes, he's never resisted telepathy on J'onn's level, nor has he actually explicitly proven to be immune to telepathy that wasn't his brothers (whose power level varies greatly).

celeyhyga17
Uh... what? That's not the 'idea' behind telepathy at all. If you feel that that is how J'onn's super powers work, feel free to post evidence or stop talking out of your ass.

As far as Black Bolt goes, he's never resisted telepathy on J'onn's level, nor has he actually explicitly proven to be immune to telepathy that wasn't his brothers (whose power level varies greatly).

sigh...
so if you know... care to explain how telepathy works? please dont make snide remarks when u dont even have ure facts straight
. Plus the fact that he broke the psychic link here
tells u he can affect others other than his brother.
I swear people get too riled up...

Slaanesh
team 2 for both

Existere
sigh...
so if you know... care to explain how telepathy works? please dont make snide remarks when u dont even have ure facts straight.
I swear people get too riled up... Tell you what: I'll cease making snide remarks when you learn how to spell 'your' and actually engage in some sort of debate when you post.

Here we go again:

As far as Black Bolt goes, he's never resisted telepathy on J'onn's level, nor has he actually explicitly proven to be immune to telepathy.

celeyhyga17
Tell you what: I'll cease making snide remarks when you learn how to spell 'your' and actually engage in some sort of debate when you post.

Here we go again:

As far as Black Bolt goes, he's never resisted telepathy on J'onn's level, nor has he actually explicitly proven to be immune to telepathy.

if you can explain to me how telepathy works other than what I said, it would destroy any evidence I have shown u on how BB defends against...

Existere
if you can explain to me how telepathy works, it would destroy any evidence I have shown u on how BB defends against... That would require you to show evidence in the first place.

In Marvel, telepathy has been explained to be closely tied to the electromagnetic spectrum- hence why Magneto can affect and hinder long range telepathy by manipulating the poles.

That being said, Magneto has never, to my knowledge, combatted telepathy with anything but his willpower and his helmet, despite being perhaps the most proficient manipulator of EM energy this side of reality manipulators.

Black Bolt has never been stated to repel telepathic attacks with electron manipulation. He has resisted telepathic attacks though, but without actual explanation of how. He has also simulated telepathy by manipulating the electrons in people's brains, but that's not resisting a telepathic attack.

So it's a big leap with no supporting text to reach the conclusion that Black Bolt can repel any telepathic attack by manipulating electrons in brains as that's never explicitly happened on panel, nor has anything even remotely similar happened while combatting a telepath as proficient as the Martian Manhunter.

Furthermore, J'onn's not actually from Marvel, but from a separate company (see: DC comics) and thusly there is no reason to believe that his telepathy would operate according to the same mechanics as the mutant telepaths.

Feel free to actually support whatever you say in your next post.

celeyhyga17
That would require you to show evidence in the first place.

In Marvel, telepathy has been explained to be closely tied to the electromagnetic spectrum- hence why Magneto can affect and hinder long range telepathy by manipulating the poles.

That being said, Magneto has never, to my knowledge, combatted telepathy with anything but his willpower and his helmet, despite being perhaps the most proficient manipulator of EM energy this side of reality manipulators.

Black Bolt has never been stated to repel telepathic attacks with electron manipulation. He has resisted telepathic attacks though, but without actual explanation of how. He has also simulated telepathy by manipulating the electrons in people's brains, but that's not resisting a telepathic attack.

So it's a big leap with no supporting text to reach the conclusion that Black Bolt can repel any telepathic attack by manipulating electrons in brains as that's never explicitly happened on panel, nor has anything even remotely similar happened while combatting a telepath as proficient as the Martian Manhunter.

Furthermore, J'onn's not actually from Marvel, but from a separate company (see: DC comics) and thusly there is no reason to believe that his telepathy would operate according to the same mechanics as the mutant telepaths.

so ure telling me him defending against Maximus attack is purely based on BB being his brother.
u still didnt explain how tp works in the "DC universe". u just reiterated how I explained tp in general, but dismissed it only viable for the "Marvel univers".

since u keep asking for evidence, show me one of MM tping an electron manipulator of BB's caliber who also uses that part of the powerset to defend against it.

Existere
so ure telling me him defending against Maximus attack is purely based on BB being his brother.
u still didnt explain how tp works in the "DC universe". u just reiterated how I explained tp in general, but dismissed it only viable for the "Marvel univers".

since u keep asking for evidence, show me one of MM tping an electron manipulator of BB's caliber who also uses that part of the powerset to defend against it. Oh FFS.

No, I didn't attribute it to being his brother. I said it wasn't attributed to anything.

No, I didn't explain TP as "vibration of electrons in the brain which send out electromagnetic waves". That's complete crap, unless you have evidence to support it, and still doesn't apply to J'onn.

Prove that the DC Universe supports your idea of telepathy and that J'onn's telepathy could be manipulated by Black Bolt, or stop talking out of your ass.

WhiteWitchKing
That would require you to show evidence in the first place.

So J'onn isn't consisted of electrons? J'onn attacks the mind. Black Bolt attacks then the basis which allow the mind to function.

Being the world's most powerful telepathy doesn't exactly put you over someone like Magneto would can reverse all blood flow to your brain. How does a telepath operate when his brain is literally fried? It comes to how quick the draw is for both.

Bolt has atleast some resistant to telepathy as shown already. How resistant is Martain Manhunter to electron manipulation? Bolt's nullified mini black holes. I doubt it's as good as Bolt's resistance to telephathy.

If Bolt doesn't have telepathy of his own, how is he able to control Maximus like this?

celeyhyga17
Oh FFS.

No, I didn't attribute it to being his brother. I said it wasn't attributed to anything.

No, I didn't explain TP as "vibration of electrons in the brain which send out electromagnetic waves". That's complete crap, unless you have evidence to support it, and still doesn't apply to J'onn.

Prove that the DC Universe supports your idea of telepathy and that J'onn's telepathy could be manipulated by Black Bolt, or stop talking out of your ass.

u dont have to get ure panties in a bunch.
its not my fault ure coming up with absolutely zero, zilch, nada, nothing, kaput... uve got no explanation for anything other than "i've never seen BB manipulate Jonn's elecrons so ure wrong" argument.

wink

Existere
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing

a) Give that we're discussing a CIS-less battle, in order for Black Bolt to attack J'onn's mind, he must be capable of either hitting J'onn before J'onn goes intangible, or he must be capable of attacking J'onn while J'onn is phased. I don't believe Black Bolt to be capable of either, so I don't believe Black Bolt to be capable of attacking J'onn's mind in a CIS-less battle.

b) Black Bolt's not a telepath. That's cut and dry- he manipulates electrons in brains to simulate telepathy. He cannot access the astral plane, he cannot generate psi-energy, he can simply simulate it.

Existere
u dont have to get ure panties in a bunch.
its not my fault ure coming up with absolutely zero, zilch, nada, nothing, kaput...

wink Typing 'panties' with a winky smilie. What a daredevil badass you are.

celeyhyga17
Oh FFS.

uh... Yes u did...

oops

Existere
uh... Yes u did...

oops Oh wow, you're retarded.

All that I did was state that the only telepath he's resisted has had a career of fluctuating power levels.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

celeyhyga17
Oh wow, you're retarded.

All that I did was state that the only telepath he's resisted has had a career of fluctuating power levels.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

wutever u say buddy.. looks like u tried to kill two birds with one stone there...
but i'll let that slide..

u still havent explained how the magical way of tp works in the DCU.

JakeTheBank
Has either of them (Nova and BB, respectfully) resisted a TP attack consisting of all the thoughts of planet Earth, or something equivilent to that?

Existere
wutever u say buddy.. looks like u tried to kill two birds with one stone there...
but i'll let that slide..

u still havent explained how the magical way of how tp works in the DCU. I have no reason to explain it. Burden of proof falls on you.

Speaking of which: it's only two more letters to change 'u' to 'you'. I think, given your complete failure to communicate throughout this entire thread, the first step to improvement would be appreciating how to actually spell.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Has either of them (Nova and BB, respectfully) resisted a TP attack consisting of all the thoughts of planet Earth, or something equivilent to that?

he affects tp's "mechanics". he wont allow a tp attack to reach that level.

I have no reason to explain it. Burden of proof falls on you.

Speaking of which: it's only two more letters to change 'u' to 'you'. I think, given your complete failure to communicate throughout this entire thread, the first step to improvement would be appreciating how to actually spell.

now I know ure butthurt resorting to spelling...

doctor

JakeTheBank
he affects tp's "mechanics". he wont allow a tp attack to reach that level.

Understood, but is that a blanket wide defense against all TP? And can he do that before said assault occurs? And if not, could he endure such an attack?

celeyhyga17
Understood, but is that a blanket wide defense against all TP? And can he do that before said assault occurs? And if not, could he endure such an attack?

I dont see why he cant mount his defense before the attack hits. he is very attuned to the flow of electrons around him.

Existere
now I know ure butthurt resorting to spelling...
What basis do we have to believe that J'onn's telepathy works similarly to marvel telepaths? What basis do we have to believe that Black Bolt can repel the attack of an extremely strong telepath?

Please answer these questions.

-Pr-
celeyhyga, you'd have to prove that j'onn's telepathy is similar to the type that BB blocked, as you can't just take one type of telepathy and say all telepathy is like that.

everyone, please keep it civil...

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by -Pr-
celeyhyga, you'd have to prove that j'onn's telepathy is similar to the type that BB blocked, as you can't just take one type of telepathy and say all telepathy is like that.

everyone, please keep it civil...

it goes both ways. ure only siding on his view. he hasnt shown anything to suggest that tp mechanics is totally different in both universes. why ask me to prove it when he hasnt?

its like saying the downward spiral of a whirlpool in DCU spins differently (opposite direction) in comparison to one in MU.

why ever debate characters from each universe who are pitted against each other then?

-Pr-
it goes both ways. ure only siding on his view. he hasnt shown anything to suggest that tp mechanics is totally different in both universes. why ask me to prove it when he hasnt?

its like saying the downward spiral of a whirlpool in DCU spins differently (opposite direction) in comparison to one in MU.

why ever debate characters from each universe who are pitted against each other then?

You made the claim first, and I'm not siding with anyone.

Telepathy isn't a real world thing. You're using a Marvel definition of telepathy and applying it to DC, without any sort of basis.

It's nothing like a whirlpool.

celeyhyga17
You made the claim first, and I'm not siding with anyone.

Telepathy isn't a real world thing. You're using a Marvel definition of telepathy and applying it to DC, without any sort of basis.

It's nothing like a whirlpool.

no i didnt
he was the first to say MM's tp would work on BB. which then would sugest he should show me how his "brand" of tp will affect Bolt. which would point to my saying wuts the point of debating these 2 chars from two different universes.
isnt that the same thing?

-Pr-
no i didnt
he was the first to say MM's tp would work on BB. which then would sugest he should show me how his "brand" of tp will affect Bolt. which would point to my saying wuts the point of debating these 2 chars from two different universes.
isnt that the same thing?

My mistake then. I was referring to the statement that electron disruption would work on J'onn. If he was first, then my bad.

It's not the same thing, because a whirlpool physically exists in the real world (moreso than telepathy, depending on what you believe).

I know what a whirlpool is. We all do. We see them every day, and we have an actual basis for what it is and how it works. Telepathy isn't something that we have a baseline for. Heck, J'onn has a specific organ for telepathy, when most Marvel TP's just use their brains.

I don't mind you arguing that his electron disruption would work on J'onn. You'd just have to prove it.

And as such, yes, Smurph would have to prove that J'onn could hurt BB.

celeyhyga17
My mistake then. I was referring to the statement that electron disruption would work on J'onn. If he was first, then my bad.

It's not the same thing, because a whirlpool physically exists in the real world (moreso than telepathy, depending on what you believe).

I know what a whirlpool is. We all do. We see them every day, and we have an actual basis for what it is and how it works. Telepathy isn't something that we have a baseline for. Heck, J'onn has a specific organ for telepathy, when most Marvel TP's just use their brains.

I don't mind you arguing that his electron disruption would work on J'onn. You'd just have to prove it.

And as such, yes, Smurph would have to prove that J'onn could hurt BB.

point taken.. yeah.. i shoulda come up with something better than a whirlpool..

dmills
Has either of them (Nova and BB, respectfully) resisted a TP attack consisting of all the thoughts of planet Earth, or something equivilent to that? Yo Jake (still getting used to not seeing Majestic as your Sig). Here you go bro. Harrow seemed to try and overwhelm Nova's mind with the pain and suffering of the victims of worlds that Galactus had devoured or some such. He busted out just fine.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1303271286960.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1303271301953.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1303271315168.jpg

Nova's mind is basically protected by two things:

1) the dynamic psionic protocols in his helmet which are reconfigured by the wm if need be to screen out different types of psionics, or

2) directly by the Nova Force itself if need be. He can also lock onto an enemies psionic profile and actively track and engage them that way, even when they're in an invisible or/and intangible form.

Let me know if you want to see more scans of that type of stuff.

celeyhyga17
Yo Jake (still getting used to not seeing Majestic as your Sig). Here you go bro. Harrow tried to overwhelm Nova's mind with the pain and suffering of the victims of worlds that Galactus had devoured or some such. He busted out just fine.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1303271286960.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1303271301953.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1303271315168.jpg

1) the dynamic psionic protocols in his helmet which are reconfigured by the wm if need be to screen out different types of psionics, or

2) directly by the Nova Force itself if need be. He can also lock onto an enemies psionic profile and actively track and engage them that way, even when they're in an invisible or/and intangible form.

Let me know if you want to see more scans of it.

I didnt post Nova scans cause I knew u were lurking in the background. I thought to myself, why waste my energy when dmills will prolly make my posts seem like childs play.

btw PR I got ure proof for you. since u asked so nicely(unlike some others)..

this scan should show that TP in the DCU is akin to the flow of electromagnetic waves.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/jason-todd/Jimscomic182.jpg

the "disturbances" that J'onn mentioned should be indicative of that... I rest my case.

dmills
I didnt post Nova scans cause I knew u were lurking in the background. I thought to myself, why waste my energy when dmills will prolly make my posts seem like childs play.

btw PR I got ure proof for you. since u asked so nicely(unlike some others)..

this scan should show that TP in the DCU is akin to the flow of electromagnetic waves.

the "disturbances" that J'onn mentioned should be indicative of that... I rest my case. Aww shucks http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/icons-land/shy.gif Besties!http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/love/holding-hands.gif

Looks like a good find. At the very least it shows that on some level certain types of electro magnetic energy can throw off J'onn's tp. Or at the very least it establishes the concept.

celeyhyga17
Aww shucks http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/icons-land/shy.gif Besties!http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/love/holding-hands.gif

Looks like a good find. At the very least it shows that on some level certain types of electro magnetic energy can throw off J'onn's tp. Or at the very least it establishes the concept.

Oh yeah??

So who wins...?

stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Yo Jake (still getting used to not seeing Majestic as your Sig). Here you go bro. Harrow seemed to try and overwhelm Nova's mind with the pain and suffering of the victims of worlds that Galactus had devoured or some such. He busted out just fine.

Let me know if you want to see more scans of that type of stuff.

Ah, cool scans. Ultimately, the main issue will be if their TP defense would work against J'onn's specific TP, but it's nice to see that they (specifically here Nova) do have considerable defenses against telepathy in general it seems. And who knows; maybe I'll switch back over to Majestic someday lol

Does Nova have anymore showings of TP resistance/defenses?

Galan007

the "disturbances" that J'onn mentioned should be indicative of that... I rest my case. I fail to see what that proves..? Global weather patterns, global magnetic fields, global satellite feeds, etc. made it a bit more difficult for J'onn to scan the -entire- earth to find a -single- human (Alex Ferguson) -- but he was still able to do so.

In no way/shape/form does that imply telepathic immunity on BB's end.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Galan007
I fail to see what that proves..? Global weather patterns, global magnetic fields, global satellite feeds, etc. made it a bit more difficult for J'onn to scan the -entire- earth to find a -single- human (Alex Ferguson) -- but he was still able to do so.

In no way/shape/form does that imply telepathic immunity on BB's end.

Did you read why electromagnetic waves was even brought up in this thread?

celeyhyga17
Ah, cool scans. Ultimately, the main issue will be if their TP defense would work against J'onn's specific TP, but it's nice to see that they (specifically here Nova) do have considerable defenses against telepathy in general it seems. And who knows; maybe I'll switch back over to Majestic someday lol

It was always implied throughout his history. There should be a few more, but I may have to dig. That showing with Harrow should be sufficient I think. A psionic entity that constantly fed on the pain and anguish of devastated worlds for centuries is pretty powerful. The fact that it was even able to shield (cone of psilence it was called) its presence from Galacatus should add to that.

dmills

Does Nova have anymore showings of TP resistance/defenses? Yessir. His tp defenses -with a few exceptions- against several different types of tp have been a well established part of the character dating back to his inception in the 70s. And since you know I'm a wee bit of a Nova connoisseur, I got scans aplenty lol.

Galan007
Did you read why electromagnetic waves was even brought up in this thread? Sure did, hence my response to that scan smile

celeyhyga17
Sure did, hence my response to that scan smile

So u know the basis for that scan was to show DCU and MU have similar theories in terms of how telepathy works... Should be pretty clear. That was in response to Smurph's sentiments that they were completely different. What did you have in mind that would add and shed some light to that subject?

big grin

Abyss was a being that attacked the minds of it's victims before sucking their life force and turning them into "meat puppets". It was powerful enough control an alien superhero team the Luminals even while imprisoned. The creature is mystically empowered.

http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/More%20Nova/?action=view&current=Nova_9_0007.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/More%20Nova/Nova_9_0008.jpg

dmills
Oh yeah??

So who wins...?

stick out tongue I have no clue. I'm just an impartial observer hypocrite

vince_slice
I like how evidence is piled up on one side while the other side has offered zero evidence to counter. There's evidence that Nova and BB can resist TP, and the only thing the other side has to counter with is "TP in DC is different"... That's like saying the Flash's speed powers won't work because speed is different in Marvel since Marvel doesn't have a speed force.

Let's ignore the fact that forum fights take place in neutral universes where powers for both combatants work as they normally would in their respective universes.

Galan007
What did you have in mind that would add and shed some light to that subject? Several global-scale factors making it harder for J'onn to use his telepathy, when he was scanning the earth's populace to find a single person, doesn't pertain much at all to this thread.

= all I was commenting on. smile

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by vince_slice
I like how evidence is piled up on one side while the other side has offered zero evidence to counter. There's evidence that Nova and BB can resist TP, and the only thing the other side has to counter with is "TP in DC is different"... That's like saying the Flash's speed powers won't work because speed is different in Marvel since Marvel doesn't have a speed force.

Let's ignore the fact that forum fights take place in neutral universes where powers for both combatants work as they normally would in their respective universes.

Funny thing is I'm not even saying it's an outright win for team 1. What I brought up was team 1's tp defenses makes that part of MM's powerset to be countered and not a viable reason for team 2 to win. If I mention the word trolling peeps would be up in arms and get replies of "reaching" and "fanboy".

Several global-scale factors can make it harder for J'onn to use his TP, if he's scanning the earth's populace to find a single person... Which doesn't pertain much at all to this thread.

= all I was commenting on. smile

I dont know how much clearer I have to make the point I was making out pertaining to that.... meh.... wutevers...

BattleMage
Split

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.