Thanos runs the contest of wills gauntlet...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
In this senario, its simply a contest of who has a stronger will...Thanos vs that of a given opponent...no physical or telepatic attacks are allowed...

For the sake of the thread, Thanos and a given opponent are locked in a battle of wills and the only way to win is to mentally overwhelm the other.

So, with that stated, how far does Thanos get?

1) Wonder Woman
2) The Thing
3) Captain America
4) Superman
5) The Goddamn Batman
6) Thor
7) Hal Jordan
8) Doctor Doom

quanchi112
Thanos clears it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos has some pretty nice feats in regards to will power but above beings like Clark, Hal and Doom? Hard pressed to do that for anyone to be honest.

Worst comes to worst, point to Blood and Thunder and claim Thor's will power is at least equal to Thanos' own.

carver9
Captain America should be at the top. Superman should be up there as well (a couple behind Cap) and Thor should be right behind Cap. He stops at Cap imo... Cap has the best will power in comics imo.

If Cap wasn't here, he stops at Supes. They are pretty even from what I have seen.

Nihilist
Clears it, mastering the HOTU on sheer willpower alone beats anyone on that list, and also resisting Magus with 5 infinty gems attempting to make him bow before him against his will.

Hyperion Prime
Stops at Dr. Doom stalemate

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Nihilist
Clears it, mastering the HOTU on sheer willpower alone beats anyone on that list, and also resisting Magus with 5 infinty gems attempting to make him bow before him against his will.

Do you have the scans for those feats? Been a while since I read them.

And like I said, based on the mind scape interaction, Thor's will power is at least equal to Thanos'. An enraged Thor that is; always seems to do a lot better against mentally when pissed. The Thanos camp is all about direct showings having a great deal of value.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Do you have the scans for those feats? Been a while since I read them.

And like I said, based on the mind scape interaction, Thor's will power is at least equal to Thanos'. The Thanos camp is all about direct showings having a great deal of value. Ill see if i can find them in the respect thread, as my scanner is f*cked.

The HOTU is from the Marvel: The End( like you didnt know that lol)

Second is from Infinty War 5 or 6, not sur which one.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Nihilist
Ill see if i can find them in the respect thread, as my scanner is f*cked.

The HOTU is from the Marvel: The End( like you didnt know that lol)

Second is from Infinty War 5 or 6, not sur which one.

Thanks anyways. I know the issues, I just don't have quick access to them.

Mindset
No one has more willpower than Doom, sorry guys (Thanos fans).

carver9
Robins will power>>>Doom

Mindset
I'll assume you're joking.

Existere
Robin resists Batman on a daily basis.

Best feat of will in comics.

chomperx9
Doesnt pass WW

iceman24567
He can stop anywhere from 3-8

quanchi112
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Stops at Dr. Doom stalemate Doom's will has been utterly broken on panel. I have no idea how you can even put him anywhere near Thanos' will.

Mindset
When has Dooms will been broken? When he was "incomplete" in Secret Wars?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think Doom, Superman and Cap are all peers of Thanos.. with Thor close as well. I see NOTHING on panel that would suggest any of their wills are greater than Thanos. Equal.. It could be argued.. superior.. nah

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
When has Dooms will been broken? When he was "incomplete" in Secret Wars? Yes. Thanos' will has never been broken and his hotu is superior to anything doom has done. I rest my case.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
Yes. Thanos' will has never been broken and his hotu is superior to anything doom has done. I rest my case. So you're using a handicapped Doom to prove your point...gotcha.

iceman24567
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I think Doom, Superman and Cap are all peers of Thanos.. with Thor close as well. I see NOTHING on panel that would suggest any of their wills are greater than Thanos. Equal.. It could be argued.. superior.. nah Gotta agree with this

quanchi112
So you're using a handicapped Doom to prove your point...gotcha. Thanos has been not entirely himself and has prevailed before. I mean he was a shell of himself and never had his will broken in such a humiliating manner as doom has.

No shame in playing second fiddle to Thanos. Take pride in that.

Existere
Thanos has been not entirely himself and has prevailed before. I mean he was a shell of himself and never had his will broken in such a humiliating manner as doom has.
That's irrelevant.

Handicapped Doom and Thanos don't really have a place in this thread.

Mindset
Thanos has not been a shadow of himself and tried to control power comparable to pre recton Beyonder, anyway.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Okay then.. since Cap and Doom and Superman are supposedly superior to Thanos in will... then please give me all these vastly superior feats of these guys in comparison to Thanos.

Mindset
Who are you talking to?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I think Doom, Superman and Cap are all peers of Thanos.. with Thor close as well. I see NOTHING on panel that would suggest any of their wills are greater than Thanos. Equal.. It could be argued.. superior.. nah

thumb up

I would throw Hal in that catagory as well; his will is really strong...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Who are you talking to?

anybody who said Doom's, Cap or Superman will is stronger

Rage.Of.Olympus
Doom, Thanos, Thor, Hal, and Clark are all on the same level of will power.

Out of curiosity, why does Captain America get so much play in this thread? I know being Captain America alone means he'll have high end will power and you'll be hard pressed to find someone with more drive than Steve but that doesn't necessarily mean he is on par with the best. I just can't think of any outstanding feat at the moment.

Philosophía
Doom, Thanos, Thor, Hal, and Clark are all on the same level of will power.That would be a resounding no, from I'm pretty sure the supporters of every other candidate on that list.

Rage.Of.Olympus

dmills
Originally posted by Existere
Robin resists Batman on a daily basis.

Best feat of will in comics. Lmfao!

iceman24567
Didnt Thor survive his encouter with Glory threw mostly will power? I found it very impressive

quanchi112
Originally posted by Existere
That's irrelevant.

Handicapped Doom and Thanos don't really have a place in this thread. How isn't it ? It shows one man can be broken and to the point of shame while the other comes out on top. Originally posted by Mindset
Thanos has not been a shadow of himself and tried to control power comparable to pre recton Beyonder, anyway. Beyonder was never as powerful as secret wars 2 until secret wars 2. Thanos' feat of adapting to hotu also stands out. Doom was also in the same story and was portrayed as less than Thanos in the same arc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Doom was also in the same story and was portrayed as less than Thanos in the same arc.

Will power wise?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by iceman24567
Didnt Thor survive his encouter with Glory threw mostly will power? I found it very impressive

Forgot about that weirdly enough. It was worth noting. After the bugs or whatever entered his head, he battled Glory with those things tearing at his psyche. Even before that, most men and Gods would have collapsed -it straight up said that- from Glory's laugh or some such.

quanchi112
Will power wise? In general. Also Thanos' experiences led him to survive based off o fwillpower alone and since Doom has never ever wielded anything close to ig power it's likely he would have died.

Rage.Of.Olympus
In general. Also Thanos' experiences led him to survive based off o fwillpower alone and since Doom has never ever wielded anything close to ig power it's likely he would have died.

So...that's a no.

What? I highly doubt it.

quanchi112
So...that's a no.

What? I highly doubt it. Thanos has always been consistently portrayed as greater than Doom in pretty much all asepcts such as intelligence, willpower, sheer power, etc.

Doom is good but thanos is the best from the marvel u. There's no comparison at all.

Doom already did die in the same story because he was stupid. Thanos rescued him from his never ending fate. The reasons were cited for why Thanos survived it and Doom doesn't have the same experiences. It's not up for debate. You can really want Doom to be able to there's no proof and it contradicts the reasons as to why Thanos survived the process.

Mindset
How isn't it ? It shows one man can be broken and to the point of shame while the other comes out on top. Beyonder was never as powerful as secret wars 2 until secret wars 2. Thanos' feat of adapting to hotu also stands out. Doom was also in the same story and was portrayed as less than Thanos in the same arc. Beyonder was the same power level in SW as he was in SW2, let's not be daft. Doom didn't show less willpower than Thanos in The End, there was never any comparisons made in regards to their willpower, so I'm not sure why you even brought it up. Doom was displayed as having less knowledge about the Hootu power and Akhenaten, that's it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos has always been consistently portrayed as greater than Doom in pretty much all asepcts such as intelligence, willpower, sheer power, etc.

Doom is good but thanos is the best from the marvel u. There's no comparison at all.

Doom already did die in the same story because he was stupid. Thanos rescued him from his never ending fate. The reasons were cited for why Thanos survived it and Doom doesn't have the same experiences. It's not up for debate. You can really want Doom to be able to there's no proof and it contradicts the reasons as to why Thanos survived the process.

Post a scan or reference stating Thanos has the superior will power. That's all. I just don't recall any comparisons of will power being made.

Scan please. I find it highly difficult to believe even Starlin would do that. Doom can't wield the Infinity Gauntlet because of a lack of experience with high end power? But Warlock can? GTFO.

quanchi112
Beyonder was the same power level in SW as he was in SW2, let's not be daft. Doom didn't show less willpower than Thanos in The End, there was never any comparisons made in regards to their willpower, so I'm not sure why you even brought it up. Doom was displayed as having less knowledge about the Hootu power and Akhenaten, that's it. No, he wasn't. Why on earth do you think the second one was retconned and not the first.

Thanos survived because of willpower and his experience wielding tremendous power. Doom has never ever wielded the power of the ig so he'd in all likelihood die if it were him in Thanos' place.

Yes, I am glad you agree Doom was unprepared and had no idea what he was up against, mainly ignorant. That's the worst thing you can say about someone like Doom.

quanchi112
Post a scan or reference stating Thanos has the superior will power. That's all. I just don't recall any comparisons of will power being made.

Scan please. I find it highly difficult to believe even Starlin would do that. Doom can't wield the Infinity Gauntlet because of a lack of experience with high end power? But Warlock can? GTFO. In that same story I told you the reasons why Thanos survived mean Doom isn't surviving.

Doom's had his will broken while Thanos hasn't.

Warlock had the ig not my fault Doom was always behind the 8 ball. He's not anywhere near these two when they are in the same story.

Mindset
Yes, he was. Unless you have some evidence written in the comic about Beyonders powers increasing in the sequel, than he had the same power.

There's no reason to think Doom would die wielding the Ig, only a line of retarded reasoning would make someone jump to that conclusion.

Of course Doom was ignorant, being a super genis does not make you immune to surprise or make you somehow omniscient. Thanos would have been ignorant too had he not spied on Doom and not had the advantage of being offworld where he could study what was going on. Iirc he also had pior knowledge about the hotu.

Rage.Of.Olympus
In that same story I told you the reasons why Thanos survived mean Doom isn't surviving.

Doom's had his will broken while Thanos hasn't.

Warlock had the ig not my fault Doom was always behind the 8 ball. He's not anywhere near these two when they are in the same story.

It's very simple. Where any comparisons made between their will power? Yes or no? Are you still afraid of questions?

So? There was context. Frankly, it's better than Thanos have a sandy vagina over Lady Death. His like a teenager girl.

So did it happen or not? If it did, I call bullshit but whatever, it's Starlin.

He has a large bias when it comes to them.

There's a reason why everyone besides Thanos/Warlock fans are unimpressed by them (Relative to those basis; at least based on my experienece). They come off looking good because other characters are written like idiots. Characters are only as smart as the writer, and unfortunately, Starlin doesn't seem to be that intelligent.

quanchi112
Yes, he was. Unless you have some evidence written in the comic about Beyonders powers increasing in the sequel, than he had the same power.

There's no reason to think Doom would die wielding the Ig, only a line of retarded reasoning would make someone jump to that conclusion.

Of course Doom was ignorant, being a super genis does not make you immune to surprise or make you somehow omniscient. Thanos would have been ignorant too had he not spied on Doom and not had the advantage of being offworld where he could study what was going on. Iirc he also had pior knowledge about the hotu. His powers did increase in the sequel. Hence the retcon. If you feel the beyonder from part 1 can beat Lt this is your problem.

I think Doom probably could wield the ig but since he hasn't I don't see him surviving the process to mesh with omnipotence that Thanos did.

Thanos succeeds when he puts his mind to something whereas Doom has grown accustomed to failure. One guy does the things he sets his mind to the other just goes back to the drawing board.

Mindset

Scan please. I find it highly difficult to believe even Starlin would do that. Doom can't wield the Infinity Gauntlet because of a lack of experience with high end power? But Warlock can? GTFO. Any reasonable discussion regarding Thanos is not going to happen with Quan; I doubt I'll continue to waste my time, but godspeed, lol.

quanchi112
It's very simple. Where any comparisons made between their will power? Yes or no? Are you still afraid of questions?

So? There was context. Frankly, it's better than Thanos have a sandy vagina over Lady Death. His like a teenager girl.

So did it happen or not? If it did, I call bullshit but whatever, it's Starlin.

He has a large bias when it comes to them.

There's a reason why everyone besides Thanos/Warlock fans are unimpressed by them (Relative to those basis; at least based on my experienece). They come off looking good because other characters are written like idiots. Characters are only as smart as the writer, and unfortunately, Starlin doesn't seem to be that intelligent. I alone had the WILL and the training to accomplish this seemingly impossible feat.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/marveltheend4kebbin08-5.jpg

You can't make it any clearer than that. So yes it was compared and it was obvious had this line not been in the comic that Thanos>>>Doom in pretty much everything.

Starlin writes this stuff. He isn't the only one who's written Thanos either so deal with it. I find it highly amusing all the moaning you do about how upset this makes you while you cry rivers about fraction handling Thor. Deal with it. We debate what the writers give us we don't say this doesn't count because this really hurt my feelings and offended my sensibilities as a comic fan.

quanchi112
Any reasonable discussion regarding Thanos is not going to happen with Quan; I doubt I'll continue to waste my time, but godspeed, lol. I proved my point with a scan. Not my fault you can't accept Thanos>>>Doom all around.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I alone had the WILL and the training to accomplish this seemingly impossible feat.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/marveltheend4kebbin08-5.jpg

You can't make it any clearer than that. So yes it was compared and it was obvious had this line not been in the comic that Thanos>>>Doom in pretty much everything.

Starlin writes this stuff. He isn't the only one who's written Thanos either so deal with it. I find it highly amusing all the moaning you do about how upset this makes you while you cry rivers about fraction handling Thor. Deal with it. We debate what the writers give us we don't say this doesn't count because this really hurt my feelings and offended my sensibilities as a comic fan.

Now was that so hard?

It doesn't show what I asked or prove Thanos has a superior will to Doom because the sentence doesn't end after the capitalized word but it's definitely a start.

I'm aware others have handled Thanos -Giffen's take was the best Thanos I ever read by the way- I'm simply pointing out Starlin's nigh fanboyish obsession with Thanos and Warlock. It always starts and ends with those two.

I find it highly amusing all the moaning you do about how upset this makes you while you cry rivers about fraction handling Thor. Deal with it. We debate what the writers give us we don't say this doesn't count because this really hurt my feelings and offended my sensibilities as a comic fan.

I'm confused, is there supposed to be some contradiction or some such there?

And I'm hardly moaning, just passing the time.

Oh I forgot, you aren't actually attracted to real character. It's all POWERZ!!!

Imperative was horrible for Thanos as a character but you drank it up like a thirsty Mindset.

It's not personal. I just expect my money's worth.

quanchi112
Now was that so hard?

It doesn't show what I asked or prove Thanos has a superior will to Doom because the sentence doesn't end after the capitalized word but it's definitely a start.

I'm aware others have handled Thanos -Giffen's take was the best Thanos I ever read by the way- I'm simply pointing out Starlin's nigh fanboyish obsession with Thanos and Warlock. It always starts and ends with those two.

I'm confused, is there supposed to be some contradiction or some such there?

And I'm hardly moaning, just passing the time.

Oh I forgot, you aren't actually attracted to real character. It's all POWERZ!!!

Imperative was horrible for Thanos as a character but you drank it up like a thirsty Mindset.

It's not personal. I just expect my money's worth. I never said I enjoyed Thanos Imperative. It could have been a lot worse though. In the end he was portrayed as he usually is or was as ahead of the competition--Mar-vell and Starlord--everyone else in the story. He knew what needed to happen to defeat the cancerverse problem the entire time. I unlike most would have rather have my character stay dead. I don't want Thanos getting whored out or showing up every year or so in multiple stories. I saw the same thing kill Darkseid.

The scan proves Thanos and he alone had the will for this. Like I said though you know this is how it was portrayed without this scan. It's starlin like you well know. I also bet if some writer really had Thor's back you'd be all over him and would want him to write more Thor stories as well.

This is proof Thanos' will in this story was greater than anyone's in the universe including Doom.

Black bolt z
Stops at Captain America.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Stops at Captain America. Based on ?

Black bolt z
Based on ? The fact that its Captain F*cking America?

/thread

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
The fact that its Captain F*cking America?

/thread That's not how we debate on here. I guess you don't have case and just say any old thing thread to thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.