wolverine and cyclops vs the avengers academy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
reptil, finesse, hazmat, veil, mettle, and striker

led by tigra and speedball

vs

wolverine and cyclops

Rage.Of.Olympus
Avenger's Academy.

Existere
Wolverine and Cyclops

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Existere
Wolverine and Cyclops
agreed.

Kero_Co
I don't. I see Veil gassing Cyclops and Wolverine, alone, being overpowered.

inimalist
it would be up to cyc and Wolv to lose, but I can see the Academy doing it...

It would require perfect execution though, which I am not sure could be reliably produced from the AA

JakeTheBank
Avengers Academy. Speedball's trouble.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Kero_Co
I don't. I see Veil gassing Cyclops and Wolverine, alone, being overpowered.
And I see scot taking off his visor and whiping out the entire team.

Also who has viel taken out, that was close to cyclopes caliber?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Avengers Academy. Speedball's trouble.
I agree he the biggest threat, but by no means a deciding factor. Scot could BFR him with little trouble.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by psycho gundam
reptil, finesse, hazmat, veil, mettle, and striker

led by tigra and speedball

vs

wolverine and cyclops
Hazmat is from a video if not mistaken.

Wolverine could honestly beat the crap out of finesse, reptil, tigra and mettle at the same time rather easily.

Only real threats are speedball and striker. Veil possibly could be a threat, but what has she done?

I believe scot is capable of dealing with either.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Hazmat is from a video if not mistaken. You're reffering to a pretty awesome Hazmat but it isn't him here.

Kero_Co
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
And I see scot taking off his visor and whiping out the entire team.

Also who has viel taken out, that was close to cyclopes caliber?

The real question is, who has Veil had the opportunity to take out? No one, really. There was fight against whirlwind, who would have a natural advantage against gaseous beings, and absorbing man, who again would have a natural advantage. That said, it's not Veil alone. Cyclops and Wolverine are fighting a lot of people here, like speedball mentioned above. It wouldn't take but a moments distraction and there's plenty of opportunity for it when you're dodging energy balls, radiation blasts, and a T-Rex.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't see why the Academy would lose.

Speedball would probably match up against Cyclops and would take him down hard if he wanted to. To be fair, although his power is played up like it once was, his versatility isn't it. Took a real dive after the first volume. At one point, it was stated he could potentially control time through his kinetic manipulation or whatever. Robbie could solo if he wanted. Borderline Herald.

Logan isn't beating the Academy alone. Not when they have a long range energy manipulator and someone who can turn intangible. He'd be dangerous, but everyone and their mothers know Wolverine has sharp claws.

Existere
Avengers Academy have yet to do anything impressive, whatsoever. To believe they could actually use their powers competently without feats is silly. The only possible exception to all of this is Finesse, but she brings nothing to the table for a fight like this, so... meh.

The only threat is Speedball, which is why Scott would take him out of the battle at the very beginning. After that, everybody falls prey to either Scott or Logan, and quickly.

Those two are each individually capable of taking out the majority of the combatants and are far better trained and possess far better teamwork than any of the AA team.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Existere
Avengers Academy have yet to do anything impressive, whatsoever. To believe they could actually use their powers competently without feats is silly. The only possible exception to all of this is Finesse, but she brings nothing to the table for a fight like this, so... meh.

The only threat is Speedball, which is why Scott would take him out of the battle at the very beginning. After that, everybody falls prey to either Scott or Logan, and quickly.

Those two are each individually capable of taking out the majority of the combatants and are far better trained and possess far better teamwork than any of the AA team.

Pretty much.

The hypothetical potentially effectiveness of their powers is of little significance, when they haven't done anything on panle to suggest they could beat two seasoned heroes like Cyclops and Wolverine. Theoretically could a team of characters with those powers beat Wolverine and Cyclops? Yes. Can the Avengers Academy, at the level they are shown to operate beat Wolverine and Cyclops? No.

psycho gundam
i'll make a new thread with the cyke/logan team-up

academy has too many numbers and raw power here. speedball has plenty feats and the others can just pile up on them. veil has just taken control of korvac's body recently and hazmat blasted him with anti-matter - they were using their adult bodies from alternate timelines, but I believe they retained knowledge of what they did acomplish with them.

the ninjak
Hazmat Nukes em!

Avengers Academy is one of Marvel's best titles right now.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
academy has too many numbers and raw power here. speedball has plenty feats and the others can just pile up on them. veil has just taken control of korvac's body recently and hazmat blasted him with anti-matter - they were using their adult bodies from alternate timelines, but I believe they retained knowledge of what they did acomplish with them.

Only Reptile retained the knowledge and experience of his future self, because he kept his adult body.

Q99
The presence of two vets helps the AA a lot.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Q99
The presence of two vets helps the AA a lot.
Yes, but not enough to win. Wolverine a cyclopes team work is on another level. As is there experience. CIS a lone would badly effect AA when you have the two most known mutants coming right at them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.