Thanos VS Despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hyperion Prime
Thanos VS Despero
1. Hand to Hand
2. All there powers except for stuff like Hotu and Infinity Gauntlet
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/33o39eu.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/1439174-despero_1.png

I think Thanos can take this hand to hand. He has gone up against some of the best in the Marvel universe. But it's not like Despero can't take some of these fights.

Using all there powers Thanos takes this without much trouble.

TerrellCarter
1 Despero easily.
2. Thanos easily.

iceman24567
Only Virtue and Vice Despero can hang with Thanos

tkitna
Thanos in both

Harbinger
Originally posted by tkitna
Thanos in both

Sr J-Bieb
I'm going to assume Thanos has the Gauntlet in one because of the picture.

Without it though...
Thanos in both

Prep-Man
Originally posted by iceman24567

Or Flame of Py'tar Despero.

Gecko4lif
Despero in first
Thanos in second easily

Slaanesh
Thanos both

long pig
Thanos loses in both. If he can beat Superman, he can beat the les powerful Thanos.

Nihilist
Thanos in both Agreed, First fight is a tough one though.

playa1258
Despero in both

psycho gundam
http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/5064/impaled1kv4.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7404/impaled2ab7.jpg

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/5064/impaled1kv4.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7404/impaled2ab7.jpg

So I guess you are saying Thanos takes this with ease, since Despero got punctured with a metal pole wink

YoungGunna
Originally posted by playa1258
Despero in both

the Darkone
Thanos, this not even close.

iceman24567
Whats funny is Aquamans missguided confidence laughing

Hyperion Prime
I think people are selling Despero way to short in this fight!!! Thats Wonder Woman, Superman, Captain marvel and powergirl he is knocking around
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/998912-jlajsavv_82_super.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/998913-jlajsavv_84_super.jpg

iceman24567
Thats a powerful version of Despero on average Thanos edges him out

Harbinger
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
I think people are selling Despero way to short in this fight!!! Thats Wonder Woman, Superman, Captain marvel and powergirl he is knocking around
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/998912-jlajsavv_82_super.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/998913-jlajsavv_84_super.jpg That's not standard Despero, though.

Vices and Virtue Despero is a better fight; standard Despero really isn't.

defenderxxx
Originally posted by Harbinger
That's not standard Despero, though.

Vices and Virtue Despero is a better fight; standard Despero really isn't. There is no standard Despero. Flame of Pytar Despero would destroy Thanos with high reality manipulation powrs. Virtue and Vice Despero would beat Thanos hand to hand. Thanos has not one feat in his hand to hand reptoire that shows him handling the likes of 6 beings like those and two high metas with herald wrecking magical items like the Hawk's maces.

complexbrother
Thanos in both.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by defenderxxx There is no standard Despero. Flame of Pytar Despero would destroy Thanos with high reality manipulation powrs. Virtue and Vice Despero would beat Thanos hand to hand. Thanos has not one feat in his hand to hand reptoire that shows him handling the likes of 6 beings like those and two high metas with herald wrecking magical items like the Hawk's maces.

fianlly someone who mentiones the other desper.

zeel
thanos wins in both, despero duribility sucks ass.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yet something like Superman HV one shot V&V despero... Well we all know Thanos packs more of a punch than Superman.. so the math isn't really hard here.

Estacado
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Yet something like Superman HV one shot V&V despero... Well we all know Thanos packs more of a punch than Superman.. so the math isn't really hard here.
So Desp has one crappy showing against HV let's dick ride it till the end of time....thumb up

leonidas
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
I'm going to assume Thanos has the Gauntlet in one because of the picture.

Without it though...

laughing out loud

thumb up

iceman24567
Yet something like Superman HV one shot V&V despero... Well we all know Thanos packs more of a punch than Superman.. so the math isn't really hard here. Yet Captain Marvel, Superman and Wonder Woman striking him at the sametime barely rocked him?

Philosophía
It's because Superman was holding back to make the others feel good about themselves.

When going solo, Superman rocks his world.

Hyperion Prime
The more I think about this the more I think in a fist fight Despero takes it. Superman, Wonderwoman, Powergirl and Captain Marvel at once? I don't know if Thanos could take them all on at once.

Big deal so heat vision bothers him....It bothers alot people and is hotter than a star.

zeel

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
The more I think about this the more I think in a fist fight Despero takes it. Superman, Wonderwoman, Powergirl and Captain Marvel at once? I don't know if Thanos could take them all on at once.

Big deal so heat vision bothers him....It bothers alot people and is hotter than a star.

Are you joking? You don't think Thanos could handle that team? he would handle them just fine. This fight all comes down to one thing that despero supporters can't ever get around. Whether they are equally as strong or as good at h2h... Thanos durability has been shown on panel to be significantly better than Despero's. Unless you are crazy and believe Thanos won't touch Despero then his durability will be tested and he will fall. Period.

Hyperion Prime
Are you joking? You don't think Thanos could handle that team? he would handle them just fine. This fight all comes down to one thing that despero supporters can't ever get around. Whether they are equally as strong or as good at h2h... Thanos durability has been shown on panel to be significantly better than Despero's. Unless you are crazy and believe Thanos won't touch Despero then his durability will be tested and he will fall. Period.

I didn't say he couldn't I just am no longer sure if he could. I have seen Thanos take on some of the heaviest hitters available...Odin, Silver Surfer,Tyrant, WM/PG Thor etc But when has he ever had to take on four heralds at once. No I don't think those four are equal to tyrant or Odin, but there is strength in numbers.

Put it this way. I don't think Thanos could take on four WM/PG Thors at the same time, but I think Despero maybe able to. So Despero bleeds when he fights...he dosen't go down from it either. I know Thanos barely bleeds, but I need to see him go up against four Herald bricks at once in a fist fight. He could beat them if he was using sheilds and all of his powers at once. But fist to fist he needs to prove it.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
more than 4

I have never seen Thanos go up against 4 herald bricks like Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain marvel and Power Girl. Sure he knocked professor hulk and some other bricks but no one like that.

carver9

Let's not forget that HawkGirls mace almost took Despero head clean off.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by carver9

Dude he took that shot like a champ. He then preceded to Bfr hawkman. Thanos would have taken that shot and his head probably would not have budged either but he may have been knocked out by the other heavy hitters.

Thanos is my boy and i even have his action figures. Love that marvel select Thanos!!!!!

Hyperion Prime
bump

batdude123
Originally posted by carver9

You could almost be a comic book writer with hyperbole like that.

Juntai

KuRuPT Thanosi
Is that because he is that powerful or because he always comes out on top?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by batdude123
You could almost be a comic book writer with hyperbole like that. laughing out loud

Juntai
Is that because he is that powerful or because he always comes out on top? Nearly the same thing, isn't it?
Like Superman colliding with a Thanos level foe, and struggling a couple times, but then the next 7 times, he whoops his ass decisively, I think it's implied that, you know, he's beyond that level when the gloves come off.

KuRuPT Thanosi
But they aren't the same thing though, which is the point. Superman always wins, that is what he does. He beats people stated in the comic that are beyond him in power. How can they be beyond him in power.. yet somehow.. the writer meant beyond him in power.. unitl he taps in the that "mystery source" of power forgotten about when narration after narration states this foe is beyond him? You would have a point if superman lost at the end of the day in 1/4 of the comics he appears in.. howerver the fact is, when he wins in virtually every comic he is in when it's all over, makes this "when the gloves come off" theory not possible and the he wins because he is THE hero of DC and has to win to save the universe the more likely explanation.

Juntai
But they aren't the same thing though, which is the point. Superman always wins, that is what he does. He beats people stated in the comic that are beyond him in power. How can they be beyond him in power.. yet somehow.. the writer meant beyond him in power.. unitl he taps in the that "mystery source" of power forgotten about when narration after narration states this foe is beyond him? You would have a point if superman lost at the end of the day in 1/4 of the comics he appears in.. howerver the fact is, when he wins in virtually every comic he is in when it's all over, makes this "when the gloves come off" theory not possible and the he wins because he is THE hero of DC and has to win to save the universe the more likely explanation. Your theory is not applicable in context however.

D-Block
Originally posted by iceman24567

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.