Superman vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Fight takes place under a blue sun (which increases Superman's powers even more than a yellow sun)

Odin will not destroy the star system they are fighting in.

No BFR.

Superman sundips in a yellow sun for an hour before being transported to the battleground. He gets Wonder Woman's bracers and a GL ring. He also gets to use Hercules's Mace (which has been stated to be equal to Thor's hammer). He gets one year to train with each of the 3 weapons he gets to use in this fight.

Two more stips:

1) Superman will take full advantage of his speed advantage and will be fighting at his maximum speed from the outset of the fight. (keep in mind a GL ring can also increase one's speed even more).

2) Odin gets no weapons.

Fight to the death. Who wins?

keiththegreat
Also keep in mind GL rings have protected against magic that's been amped by 5th dimensional imps.

Black bolt z
Odin

Harbinger
Short of matter manip, the scales are heavily in Supes' favor here.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Fight takes place under a blue sun (which increases Superman's powers even more than a yellow sun)

No BFR.

Superman sundips in a yellow sun for an hour before being transported to the battleground. He gets Wonder Woman's bracers and a GL ring. He also gets to use Hercules's Mace (which has been stated to be equal to Thor's hammer). He gets one year to train with each of the 3 weapons he gets to use in this fight.

Two more stips:

1) Superman will take full advantage of his speed advantage and will be fighting at his maximum speed from the outset of the fight. (keep in mind a GL ring can also increase one's speed even more).

2) Odin gets no weapons.

you should have given Clark the gem of cytorrak..............

and Odin would still stomp

h1a8

No BFR.

Two more stips:

2) Odin gets no weapons.

Im taking that CIS is off for Superman since this is a fight to the death. In that case, this is spite in favor of Superman. There are just too many stips for him here. He doesn't need all of these. Just a few minute sundip alone and he is more powerful than a skyfather.

Superman with that type of power (a blue sun and a sundip!) will simply end Odin quickly with a casual speedblitz before Odin can act.

Hell a CIS off Superman without any extra power ups (like a sun dip) can beat Odin provided the fight starts close enough and Odin doesn't get any prep.

leonidas
^ well, least you're consistent. laughing out loud

Uriel005
Diana's bracers is what does it for me.

keiththegreat
Originally posted by Uriel005
Diana's bracers is what does it for me.

The reason I added them is combined with his speed, he can use them to block magic attacks. (much like Diana blocked the combined blasts from DC skyfathers with them)

Black bolt z
Originally posted by h1a8
Im taking that CIS is off for Superman since this is a fight to the death. In that case, this is spite in favor of Superman. There are just too many stips for him here. He doesn't need all of these. Just a few minute sundip alone and he is more powerful than a skyfather.

Superman with that type of power (a blue sun and a sundip!) will simply end Odin quickly with a casual speedblitz before Odin can act.

Hell a CIS off Superman without any extra power ups (like a sun dip) can beat Odin provided the fight starts close enough and Odin doesn't get any prep. durpam

Sin I AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm so a sun-dipped superman is a skyfather?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Sin I AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm so a sun-dipped superman is a skyfather? Depends how long he is sundipped for.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Depends how long he is sundipped for. Agreed I'd put DC golden Prime at high skyfather at the very least considering supes already has skyfather level crap as it is on his better days without stupid amps and PIS events giving it to him.

Starscream M
this is incredibly unfair for odin erm

-Pr-
Taking away Superman's CIS just makes him more ruthless; it doesn't turn him in to a poster avatar.

Sin I AM
taking away his cis doesnt make him a skyfather either, you boys r reaching

Uriel005
taking away his cis doesnt make him a skyfather either, you boys r reaching Oh no I agree I'm just saying that Superman does have quite a few skyfather level achievements under his belt as do several other heralds but giving him Diana's bracers capable of negating his major weakness against magic seems a bit stacked against Odin. I'd say giving him a Phantom Stranger resistance to magic enchant would be more fair.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Starscream M
this is incredibly unfair for superman erm

Colossus-Big C
superman wins

Starscream M
not really.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Uriel005
Oh no I agree I'm just saying that Superman does have quite a few skyfather level achievements under his belt as do several other heralds but giving him Diana's bracers capable of negating his major weakness against magic seems a bit stacked against Odin. I'd say giving him a Phantom Stranger resistance to magic enchant would be more fair.

meh i still think odin is stronger despite clarks feats and wont go down easily, gl ring means nothing its the bracers that will be an issue.......

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin. laughing out loud

-Pr-
taking away his cis doesnt make him a skyfather either, you boys r reaching

a sundip puts him higher than herald, though.

Colossus-Big C
superman

Digi
People need to learn up on both characters' best feats before entering debates. Odin has shaken galaxies (plural) just from fighting. Combine all the best feats of the trinkets Supes is wielding (awkwardly, I would assume, due to his inexperience with them) and they wouldn't equal that level. Odin is basically the pinnacle of power before getting into abstract powers. A sundip would just get him angry.

If someone wants to make a case for Superman making it a fight, cool, I agree. If Thanos can hang for a while, a device-enhanced Superman can as well. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that one-word answers for Superman aren't taking the opponent into account at all. Remember in Death of the New Gods when he was just getting thrown around like a ragdoll while the big boys fought? Sometimes you just leave your power class.

leonidas
Originally posted by Digi
People need to learn up on both characters' best feats before entering debates. Odin has shaken galaxies (plural) just from fighting. Combine all the best feats of the trinkets Supes is wielding (awkwardly, I would assume, due to his inexperience with them) and they wouldn't equal that level. Odin is basically the pinnacle of power before getting into abstract powers. A sundip would just get him angry.

If someone wants to make a case for Superman making it a fight, cool, I agree. If Thanos can hang for a while, a device-enhanced Superman can as well. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that one-word answers for Superman aren't taking the opponent into account at all. Remember in Death of the New Gods when he was just getting thrown around like a ragdoll while the big boys fought? Sometimes you just leave your power class.

yep. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

You think I'm joking?

The only actual problem is his speed and that's because apparently this forum is turning into CBR.

Odin stops time, drains him of his power, and one shots him. Not that he needs to.

Rage.Of.Olympus
People need to learn up on both characters' best feats before entering debates. Odin has shaken galaxies (plural) just from fighting.

They have been destroyed in his battles.

keiththegreat
People need to learn up on both characters' best feats before entering debates. Odin has shaken galaxies (plural) just from fighting.

Superman sundipped for a few minutes is arguably as strong as superboy prime. Prime has survived a UNVIVERSE-BUSTER, and this Superman is sundipped for AN HOUR and under a blue sun. Plus the other power ups.

Silent Master

I agree.

MetalIsDead
Superman sundipped for a few minutes is arguably as strong as superboy prime. Prime has survived a UNVIVERSE-BUSTER, and this Superman is sundipped for AN HOUR and under a blue sun. Plus the other power ups.

LOL stop assuming stuff out of thin air. SBP surviving that was not because of his durability, but because of being an anomaly in DC's multiverse.

Sin I AM
Im gonna start wearing Digi Is Right t-shirts stick out tongue

but seriously, a years prep wouldn't really place him at any significant skill level with the ring or the bracers, and mjolnir wouldve been a better pick than than the mace. I mean he has to divide his time between the three artifacts to become proficient and thats what, three and a half months apiece?..........he'd be an amateur at best.

Then theres the speedblitz which wont matter at all, since odin has time manipulation

and where is it shown that a blue suns energy made him stronger? i know it gives him superman vision but i dont recall any stat amp...

Philosophía
With a one-hour sundip Superman is already beyond Odin. With CIS off and full-on speed, even if Odin would have the ability to drain him, it wouldn't be matter, as he'd be down before getting a chance to use it.

Remember in Death of the New Gods when he was just getting thrown around like a ragdoll while the big boys fought? Sometimes you just leave your power class. I hope you're not suggesting Odin is anywhere near the Source in power.
People need to learn up on both characters' best feats before entering debates. thumb up I agree. You better get on to it, then.

keiththegreat
and mjolnir wouldve been a better pick than than the mace.

Well, considering Odin was able to control the hammer when Thor recently fought him, i didn't think that would have been a good idea.

keiththegreat
I mean he has to divide his time between the three artifacts to become proficient and thats what, three and a half months apiece?..........he'd be an amateur at best.

Well, I doubt he'd spend equal time with the ring/mace as he would with the bracers... and when some GL's have newly gotten their rings, they've been pretty good with them right away.

keiththegreat

and where is it shown that a blue suns energy made him stronger? i know it gives him superman vision but i dont recall any stat amp...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/mars_central/superheroes/bluesun.jpg

WhiteWitchKing
Odin. Even at his lower showing, he dismisses Thor level beings. At his highest, he can tap into Infinity herself and crush planets like grapes.

h1a8
Superman wins by assaulting Odin before he can react with more than thousands of galaxies worth of power behind his punches.

A normal Superman has punched so hard he was shattering dimensions. This Superman is far more powerful, because of the sun dip and CIS off.

A few minutes in the sun caused Superman to overpower the Imperiex power. Imperiex>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Odin for Imperiex consumed thousands of galaxies since the dawn of time.

MetalIsDead
Superman wins by assaulting Odin before he can react with more than thousands of galaxies worth of power behind his punches.
---
for Imperiex consumed thousands of galaxies since the dawn of time.

So an elderly man can punch me with 50 tons power because he has consumed 50 tons of food since childhood?

Silent Master

A normal Superman has punched so hard he was shattering dimensions. This Superman is far more powerful, because of the sun dip and CIS off.

A few minutes in the sun caused Superman to overpower the Imperiex power. Imperiex>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Odin for Imperiex consumed thousands of galaxies since the dawn of time.

IOW, Imperiex lost to someone that is Odin's inferior.

I'm not impressed.

zeel
The sundip is still nothing hehe, what makes this interesting are Wonder womans bracers. supes may be able to block alot of odins damage. Superman sundips for a month and still dies. Although this will be a very good fight and odin will work for it, even more so then he did with thanos.

playa1258
Superman loses

Digi

Philosophía
The point was that even those who fluctuate based upon writer need have an upper limit. Yeah, that upper limit being the Source and its confrontation with a skyfather who has stole its power really rings bad for Superman.

ermmnone

Fool yourself into thinking Superman can beat a time and energy manipulator who can literally destroy galaxies if you must.
Are you talking about Brainiac with Imperiex' power, or still stuck to Odin?

Starscream M
The point was that even those who fluctuate based upon writer need have an upper limit. Fool yourself into thinking Superman can beat a time and energy manipulator who can literally destroy galaxies if you must.

Anyway, this:

cool Digi, when has odin stopped time or sucked powers mid-battle?

psycho gundam
i don't even want to take part in this clusterphuck of a thread, but the odin-force invested in mjolnir's enchantment IS odin, aside from his own abilities

Sin I AM

thats not proof

keiththegreat
thats not proof

How is it not proof? It says flat out his powers will increase, and he will gain new ones. And we saw a few panels later he gained new ones.

"Under the younger blue sun your POWERS WILL BE ENHANCED. Perhaps you'll even gain new ones".

Direct quote.

jigiwigi
superman wins, sundipped for an hour under the yellow sun is enough to take out odin under the blue sun its a stomp due to pure speed strength and durability.. only problem was his magic and he got dianas braces here so seriously superman kicks the shit out of odin

Sin I AM
How is it not proof? It says flat out his powers will increase, and he will gain new ones. And we saw a few panels later he gained new ones.

"Under the younger blue sun your POWERS WILL BE ENHANCED. Perhaps you'll even gain new ones".

Direct quote.

where is it shown, not vaguely stated but actually SHOWN, ON PANEL that Superman gets a stat boost. I already know he gains an extra ability, but where is it shown he gains EXTRA strength, speed, etc...

jigiwigi
where is it shown, not vaguely stated but actually SHOWN, ON PANEL that Superman gets a stat boost. I already know he gains an extra ability, but where is it shown he gains EXTRA strength, speed, etc...

someone just posted a scan stating that on panel and you still ask for proof? what the hell? is the writer lying to us on purpose? if its stated about his powers on panel then its the way it is

PillarofOsiris
I think if you don't want to believe the narration, then more power to you. But if the narration was right about the extra power (which it clearly was), then I'll chose to believe it about his other powers being enhanced as well. Especially when it also nicely sums up why he gains no powers under a red star.

Most people would find that scan to be enough evidence that Superman gains power under a blue sun, but for some reason people on this site love to downplay anything that makes Superman seem more powerful.

I believe White Stars have been shown to make him more powerful and be able to absorb more punishment as well, although I don't have a scan handy but I'll take a look around for it.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by jigiwigi
someone just posted a scan stating that on panel and you still ask for proof? what the hell? is the writer lying to us on purpose? if its stated about his powers on panel then its the way it is

wtf are you talking about? all i asked for was is there an instance where clark actually shows a stat increase greater than that of being under a yellow sun. As of yet if only seen one new power, as opposed to "powers" ---plural, that was stated in the scan. Until i actually see it, im gonna chock it up to a "million exploding suns" type statements. noones downplaying supes, just trying to accurately gauge his powerset boost, if any

jigiwigi
wtf are you talking about? all i asked for was is there an instance where clark actually shows a stat increase greater than that of being under a yellow sun. As of yet if only seen one new power, as opposed to "powers" ---plural, that was stated in the scan. Until i actually see it, im gonna chock it up to a "million exploding suns" type statements. noones downplaying supes, just trying to accurately gauge his powerset boost, if any

there is a difference between a bold statement like the power of million exploding suns and an actual scan that showsand describes his powers , as you said by yourself you saw that superman gained extra power under the blue sun just like was stated in that particular scan which gives this scan twice the credibility it needs

Silent Master
I don't think a 1% stat increase is going to cut it. smokin'

PillarofOsiris
I think the sundip is doing more here than the Blue Star, but I do remember Superman under a blue star trashing bizarro Doomsday and a bunch of Bizarro clones.

-Pr-
Whether Superman would win or not, he doesn't need much practice if any with the GL ring.

Sin I AM
there is a difference between a bold statement like the power of million exploding suns and an actual scan that showsand describes his powers , as you said by yourself you saw that superman gained extra power under the blue sun just like was stated in that particular scan which gives this scan twice the credibility it needs

lol everyone who's anyone in MU from Strange to Richards to Parker has sprouted on panel and thru narration about the greatness of Sentry's powerset yet ive only seen a fraction of it. by your calculations, since he unleashed huge amounts of energy during WWH and Siege then he's still holding back since its been stated by the writer that he does in fact have said power....dont mind me just assume away

btw thats not the writer talking

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
Whether Superman would win or not, he doesn't need much practice if any with the GL ring. Why?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Why?

because he's used one before.

Mindset
So he was proficient with it?

-Pr-
So he was proficient with it?

as much as he could be in the short time he had it, yes. hal even crafted a ring with an "S" symbol on it, and actually tried to recruit him, telling him he'd be great with the ring.

also, as ridiculous as it sounds, during the john byrne days superman could recharge gl rings just be being close to them and concentrating.

Mindset
as much as he could be in the short time he had it, yes. hal even crafted a ring with an "S" symbol on it, and actually tried to recruit him, telling him he'd be great with the ring. Scans?

Sin I AM
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd399/sin_i_AM1981/601311-action_856_36_super.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd399/sin_i_AM1981/601460-08_super.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd399/sin_i_AM1981/601461-09_super.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd399/sin_i_AM1981/601462-10_super.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd399/sin_i_AM1981/601463-11_super.jpg

and something other than this, because i dont see a strength increase here

Digi

Sin I AM
people are usnig the argument that since he has Dianas bracers, magic wont affect him

jigiwigi
lol everyone who's anyone in MU from Strange to Richards to Parker has sprouted on panel and thru narration about the greatness of Sentry's powerset yet ive only seen a fraction of it. by your calculations, since he unleashed huge amounts of energy during WWH and Siege then he's still holding back since its been stated by the writer that he does in fact have said power....dont mind me just assume away

btw thats not the writer talking

as i said already there is a huge difference between a bold statement such as sentry has the power of 1 million exploding suns bla bla bla , and an on panel explaining that is explained by the writer on panel stating how the blue sun effecting superman, and as i said before you proved by yourself that this scan is valid by stating that he indeed got another power just like that scan suggested so stop going circules and accept the fact this scan is valid

Philosophía
Just by being in the proximity of the sun for a few moments, Superman has been able to match skyfathers (Cythonna, if you know the storyline) and was physically breaking Darkseid's bones as if he was made out of paper.

Once he actively went inside the sun, he overpowered the 64th Century Brainiac's planet-sized technological base, powered by the living embodiement of the Big Bang, against the aforementioned's will, actively using all at his disposal to stop him. And he literally couldn't even budge Superman.

I think I need to repeat this.

64th century Brainiac, with technology so advanced it contained the living embodiement of the Big Bang, and actively using that power to stop Superman, couldn't even budge him from moving his entire, planetary base into a boomtube, eradicating him from existence.

And even that Superman, was for but a fraction of time inside the sun, compared to the period he is in this thread.

Where he is boodlusted.

Using his speed to kill, to its fullest capacity.

JakeTheBank
Alright gents, let's make a deal here. I'd rather not devolve into smear campaigns where we simply try to undercut each other's knowledge, and I did say that Superman could last for a while against Odin. I maintain that stance. I'm not a Superman fan nor expert, but I'm also not ignorant of a lot of his upper end feats.

I'm just genuinely curious how you think Superman will put him down where anyone at his level has failed, or how Superman survives if Odin just decides that the universe is of no consequence....this Superman fellow has to die...and then unleashes his full fury. I don't think there exists the evidence for it. I think you only build a case for it if you count Superman's best everything and assume Odin won't be able to put Kal down while taking punishment.

Also, Odin has altered time around him and the galaxy-destroying (not implied, literal) feats remains. The power-sucking thing wasn't my original thought, and no I don't recall any feats of that nature offhand. But for someone who created Mjolnir (and, amusingly, could simply summon it to himself in the battle for some added firepower) and has traveled dimensions, manipulated forces, and unleashed powers that Superman could only dream of, it's not a huge stretch.

Seriously, galaxies. Even "Galaxy Sneeze" PC Supes thinks that's a high-end feat.

Also, magic. I realize it's not a OHK, but it does hurt Kal more than usual. Has anyone mentioned this?

thumb up

Sin I AM
as i said already there is a huge difference between a bold statement such as sentry has the power of 1 million exploding suns bla bla bla , and an on panel explaining that is explained by the writer on panel stating how the blue sun effecting superman, and as i said before you proved by yourself that this scan is valid by stating that he indeed got another power just like that scan suggested so stop going circules and accept the fact this scan is valid

but that wasnt the writer talking to clark, (unless he was breaking the wall) so your argument is baseless!!!! gosh!, and all i was asking keiththegreat was whether there was a scan actually showing said upgrade...thats all, i just wanna "see" proof. ...savvy?

Silent Master
I think Odin more than has the feats needed to win.

-Pr-
but that wasnt the writer talking to clark, (unless he was breaking the wall) so your argument is baseless!!!! gosh!, and all i was asking keiththegreat was whether there was a scan actually showing said upgrade...thats all, i just wanna "see" proof. ...savvy?

IIRC there was nothing in the comic that stated that his standard powers had been increased.

Scans?

Will look for them.

psycho gundam
superman can trap you with a cellophane "s" shield under a blue sun

Philosophía
but that wasnt the writer talking to clark, (unless he was breaking the wall) so your argument is baseless!!!! gosh!, and all i was asking keiththegreat was whether there was a scan actually showing said upgrade...thats all, i just wanna "see" proof. ...savvy? The actual increase in power by a Blue Sun hasn't been shown to be significant, but an emphasis wass put on the extra-ability gained.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
superman can trap you with a cellophane "s" shield under a blue sun

laughing out loud

-Pr-
Scans?

This is the one i was talking about.

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/6999180_22.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/6999170_02.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/6999174_04.jpg

For some reason I'm thinking there was another GL related thing with him, though I have to consult my list...

Sin I AM
Scans?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j240/TheBat25/Photoshoppage/GreenLanternSupermanChrisReeveStyle.jpg

laughing laughing

thanks PR, Thanks phil, thats all i wanted to know!!

-Pr-
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j240/TheBat25/Photoshoppage/GreenLanternSupermanChrisReeveStyle.jpg

laughing laughing

thanks PR, Thanks phil, thats all i wanted to know!!

Warned. sneer

the Darkone

No one is listen to your dumb butt comments, Odin wins this every time Superman will give it his all and he will still get a$$ raped. Odin if wanted to can put on the destroyer armor and straight annihilate his alien butt. Speed will not be a deciding factor and that's a fact.

count yogurt
hi i am new here but damn so many people are licking odin's balls i dont get it he is not even a cool character what is there to wank? some old guy with an eye patch?

superman wins this every single time too overpowered , it should have been sundipped superman for 5 minutes vs odin that alone would make a good fight but this is spite

Mindset
EAD.

Harbinger
Lulz at the eye patch remark laughing out loud

Silent Master
Originally posted by count yogurt
hi i am new here but damn so many people are licking odin's balls i dont get it he is not even a cool character what is there to wank? some old guy with an eye patch?

superman wins this every single time too overpowered , it should have been sundipped superman for 5 minutes vs odin that alone would make a good fight but this is spite

You're not very subtle.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Digi, when has odin stopped time or sucked powers mid-battle?

http://img225.imageshack.us/f/thor1981314181ot.jpg/
http://img225.imageshack.us/f/thor1981314190we.jpg/
http://img225.imageshack.us/f/thor1981314203dt.jpg/

http://img150.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=69483_Thor_400_32_122_183lo.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/f/thorann2286jp.jpg/

Sin I AM
Warned. sneer

love you too!

-Pr-
love you too!

though you had a thing against white men? mmm

Endless Mike
Odin

h1a8
Odin never has shown the ability to withstand a punch from the level of this type of Superman. For all practical purposes it is extremely possible that he would be one-shot killed by Superman. What would prevent Superman's fist from not going straight through his head? After all, this Superman will be dealing with thousands of galaxies of power.

Mindset
smh

mr billion
Originally posted by count yogurt

i agree with this banned guy he makes some good points, odin is way too overrated for some eye pathced old fart, superman stomps him to a blood stain with 1 punch with all theamps he gets.... if you ask that question non biased comics fans they will laught at you and tell you "maybe you would also like to tie odin to a tree and shoot him in the head couple of times?" thats a spite thread

Sin I AM
though you had a thing against white men? mmm

as long as your not a douche, im game smokin'

Silent Master
Originally posted by mr billion
i agree with this banned guy he makes some good points, odin is way too overrated for some eye pathced old fart, superman stomps him to a blood stain with 1 punch with all theamps he gets.... if you ask that question non biased comics fans they will laught at you and tell you "maybe you would also like to tie odin to a tree and shoot him in the head couple of times?" thats a spite thread

Odin's feats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman's, therefore Odin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Silent Master
Odin's feats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman's, therefore Odin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman. LIES. Cosmic Armor Superman ACTIVATE What you got now.

the Darkone
Odin never has shown the ability to withstand a punch from the level of this type of Superman. For all practical purposes it is extremely possible that he would be one-shot killed by Superman. What would prevent Superman's fist from not going straight through his head? After all, this Superman will be dealing with thousands of galaxies of power.

STFU! Odin has been hit by Sutur, Mangog, and has trader blows with the enchanter with there combine force was powerful enough to destroy planets, suns, and re-ignite suns. The question is can Superman survive a onslaught from Odin, and the answer is hell to the nnnoooo!

mr billion
Odin's feats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman's, therefore Odin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman.

based on what? superman while being dipped for a moment in the sun was able to do greater things now with 5-10 minutes in the sun he stomps odin, and with all the other things he has in this thread this is spite

Tha C-Master
More feat skewing...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Odin Originally posted by Black bolt z

I'm confused on your stance?

Batman-Prime
IMHO Superman stomps. But this wouldn't be Superman at all, with all the extras.

Silent Master
Originally posted by mr billion
based on what? superman while being dipped for a moment in the sun was able to do greater things now with 5-10 minutes in the sun he stomps odin, and with all the other things he has in this thread this is spite

Based on their respective on-panel feats.

mr billion
Based on their respective on-panel feats.

what on panel feats? do you have any feats on panel of the superman that was stated in this thread?? are there any feats of superman that was sundipped for that long and had all the things this one has? no? then shut the f^ck up

Silent Master
Superman and Odin's on panel feats, Odin's are clearly far superior.

mr billion
Superman and Odin's on panel feats, Odin's are clearly far superior.

superman feats? only the superman that in thisthread is no ordenery superman he is by far stronger than ordenery superman and he stomps odin with easy

Silent Master
Going by Odin's high end feats...Superman's amp wont be enough.

mr billion
Going by Odin's high end feats...Superman's amp wont be enough.

prove that, i want you to post feats of odin being supreriour to the superman that is stated in this particular thread

JakeTheBank
Superman can has T-Vo?

Silent Master
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm confused on your stance?

Why? he said that Odin wins and then later agreed that this fight is unfair to Superman.

His stance seems rather easy to understand.

PillarofOsiris

and something other than this, because i dont see a strength increase here '

you either have to accept the narration that flat out says his abilities increase, or just don't believe it. I do see what you're saying that its not implicitly shown on panel, and I agree with you. But like I said, the narration also says that he may gain other powers, and THAT WAS SHOWN. I could swear it was ACTUALLY SHOWN that Superman gained better durability under a white star, and I'll try to dig that up when I have some time.

But one point I will disagree with you on is comparing it to when people say that Sentry has the power of a million exploding stars, because we've seen evidence to the contrary there. While we didn't see any evidence that Superman's normal powers increased under the blue star ( besides superman vision), we also didn't see any evidence that it DIDN'T increase either.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
'

you either have to accept the narration that flat out says his abilities increase, or just don't believe it. I do see what you're saying that its not implicitly shown on panel, and I agree with you. But like I said, the narration also says that he may gain other powers, and THAT WAS SHOWN. I could swear it was ACTUALLY SHOWN that Superman gained better durability under a white star, and I'll try to dig that up when I have some time.

But one point I will disagree with you on is comparing it to when people say that Sentry has the power of a million exploding stars, because we've seen evidence to the contrary there. While we didn't see any evidence that Superman's normal powers increased under the blue star ( besides superman vision), we also didn't see any evidence that it DIDN'T increase either.

agreed......i see your point on the second and concede

-Pr-
as long as your not a douche, im game smokin'

laughing out loud lucky me.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman can has T-Vo?

if you want.

'

what panel are you referring to that states that his abilities increase?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman can has T-Vo?

will that work on odin?

zeel

sick

-Pr-
will that work on odin?

Probably; it's a pretty broken power though.

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
STFU! Odin has been hit by Sutur, Mangog, and has trader blows with the enchanter with there combine force was powerful enough to destroy planets, suns, and re-ignite suns. The question is can Superman survive a onslaught from Odin, and the answer is hell to the nnnoooo!

LOL. That stuff you named isn't even an insect to thousands of galaxies of power. Superman wouldn't need to survive an onslaught if he hits Odin with the full force of thousands of galaxies of power.
Try again.

-Pr-
LOL. That stuff you named isn't even an insect to thousands of galaxies of power. Superman wouldn't need to survive an onslaught if he hits Odin with the full force of thousands of galaxies of power.
Try again.

And how, pray tell, is Superman going to hit him with galaxies?

Black bolt z
Try again. Explain how he is going to hit him with "thousands of galaxies of power".

tkitna
Odin wins

h1a8
Explain how he is going to hit him with "thousands of galaxies of power".

By simply flying up to Odin faster than he can react and punch with all his might. The force behind the punch would be equivalent to the force of thousands of galaxies of power concentrated in a small area known as a fist.

h1a8
And how, pray tell, is Superman going to hit him with galaxies? LOL. Not galaxies but with the power of thousands (plural) of galaxies.

Explain how he is going to hit him with "thousands of galaxies of power".

By simply flying up to Odin faster than he can react and punch with all his might. The force behind the punch would be equivalent to the force of thousands of galaxies of power concentrated in a small area known as a fist.

Mindset
Odin shook the multiverse.

He has the power of a trillion galaxies in his pinky.

h1a8
Odin shook the multiverse.

He has the power of a trillion galaxies in his pinky.

What is this hyperbole or lies?

With that said, what that got to do with Superman putting a hole in Odin's head before he can react, or simply comboing him to ko?

Mindset
Odin's body was able to handle the energy of a multiverse shaking around him.

His durability is measured in the trillions of galaxies as well.

-Pr-
LOL. Not galaxies but with the power of thousands (plural) of galaxies.

The question still stands.

How is a Superman punch equal to that of galaxies?

Uriel005

How is a Superman punch equal to that of galaxies? It carries the hopes and dreams of the small children...

Sr J-Bieb
What is this hyperbole or lies? While you claim Superman has the power of thousands of galaxies...

Sin I AM
what do you mean broken power pr?

the Darkone
What is this hyperbole or lies?

With that said, what that got to do with Superman putting a hole in Odin's head before he can react, or simply comboing him to ko?

It's actually feats you dumb a$$, you need to read comics and stfu! Odin vs Foursung when they battled the raw energy unleashed was powerful enough to destroyer planets, suns, reignite suns lay waste to galaxies. Superman is dead as road kill, and Superman speed isn't sh** when somebody like Odin can stop time on whim.

PillarofOsiris

what panel are you referring to that states that his abilities increase?

leonidas
LOL. Not galaxies but with the power of thousands (plural) of galaxies.

no expression

illadelph12
This is why I stopped actively debating back in '07, brotha.

leonidas
Originally posted by illadelph12

laughing out loud

and good on ya. thumb up

roughrider
Just where is there a blue sun, and where has it been proven to amp Superman even more?

All these stipulations, you might as well have Odin bound to a chair and starved for a week for good measure. Why not?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Silent Master
This thread is rather pointless, since this version of Superman has never existed and thus has zero feats.

So, going by feats....Odin wins 100000/10

Sin I AM
Originally posted by roughrider
Just where is there a blue sun, and where has it been proven to amp Superman even more?

All these stipulations, you might as well have Odin bound to a chair and starved for a week for good measure. Why not?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

odin needs no food smokin'

PillarofOsiris

roll eyes (sarcastic)

There are blue suns all over the galaxy, in real life and in comic books.

And it was "proven" in Action Comics #856.

Digi
Originally posted by illadelph12

'tis also why I pick my battles. My posting is almost nonexistent in the vs. forum anymore. I actually came in here to simply caution knowledge of both sides and got sucked into a mini-debate. A stark reminder of why I stay away. It's really not worth it.

This thread is rather pointless, since this version of Superman has never existed and thus has zero feats.

So, going by feats....Odin wins 100000/10

lol. Food for thought though, given the forum's current disposition.

-Pr-
what do you mean broken power pr?

kind of like flash's speed force. can do almost anything you bloody want it to, and so on.

You don't think that's kind of vague? I mean, I can see where you're coming from and all, it just doesn't seem very... Quantifiable.

PillarofOsiris

You don't think that's kind of vague? I mean, I can see where you're coming from and all, it just doesn't seem very... Quantifiable.

I've admitted as much earlier in this discussion.

PillarofOsiris
There's really nothing to debate about it. You either believe the statement, or you don't because as someone pointed out earlier, there's no on panel evidence one way or the other. The only thing we've SEEN is the "new abilities" that were alluded to (i.e. Superman vision). Which was proven out. So my stance is, if the statement was right about that, it was right about the other abilities being enhanced as well. Although, who can say by how much. Maybe its a 1% increase in strength. Maybe a 100x. Who knows?

-Pr-
I've admitted as much earlier in this discussion.

Fair enough.

gogogadgetgo

roll eyes (sarcastic)

better yet, why not have Odin at just about when he is already lying in bed and just about to shut his good eye to partake of the Odin sleep.. stick out tongue

h1a8

How is a Superman punch equal to that of galaxies?
Not a normal Superman but this Superman in the thread.

Well the strength of his punch will be fueled by two things:

1. His natural amped strength
2. His flight strength

On panel it was shown that his flight strength was greater than thousands of galaxies of power.

Thus with the same force (using flight strength) he will hit Odin.

Also this Superman is CIS off which means he will hit to kill (with all of his might).

zeel
Not a normal Superman but this Superman in the thread.

Well the strength of his punch will be fueled by two things:

1. His natural amped strength
2. His flight strength

On panel it was shown that his flight strength was greater than thousands of galaxies of power.

Thus with the same force (using flight strength) he will hit Odin.

Also this Superman is CIS off which means he will hit to kill (with all of his might).

If superman is to win this fight he has to use something other then speed blitzing and physically strength.

h1a8
Originally posted by zeel
If superman is to win this fight he has to use something other then speed blitzing and physically strength.

Why? Because Odin is immune to physical blunt force punches?

the Darkone
Superman is not powerful enough to even faze Odin, you are talking about the top Stepfather in comics he would own Superman like pimp owning prostitute on street corner, b***h where's my money!

Odin will beat Superman down, Odin can amp beyond Superman strength levels, Odin can move faster than Superman, Odin can teleport/stop time on whim and move faster than light. Strength and Speed will not even get Superman one win.

quanchi112
Why? Because Odin is immune to physical blunt force punches? Support your response with something from a comic.

Black bolt z
Why? Because Odin is immune to physical blunt force punches? No. Because he is still a lot stronger than supes.

h1a8
No. Because he is still a lot stronger than supes.

Prove it.

Not only prove that he is stronger than a normal Supes but prove that he is stronger than this Supes.

Black bolt z
Prove it.

Not only prove that he is stronger than a normal Supes but prove that he is stronger than this Supes. You think a normal....really?Really...

Mindset
Odin is stronger.

Source: Mindset

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>