Thor vs Superman (Stips)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Superman is not holding back any punches. He is using his full strength in this fight. So is Thor. Both are going all out to kill the other.

Here's the catch:

Superman is not fighting how he normally would. He starts the fight out with a full out speed blitz, and keeps doing so the entire fight. i.e., every time he attacks he is doing so at the full speed he is capable of. Every movement he makes is at full speed.

Does Thor even stand a chance?

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Superman is not holding back any punches. He is using his full strength in this fight. So is Thor. Both are going all out to kill the other.

Here's the catch:

Superman is not fighting how he normally would. He starts the fight out with a full out speed blitz, and keeps doing so the entire fight. i.e., every time he attacks he is doing so at the full speed he is capable of. Every movement he makes is at full speed.

Does Thor even stand a chance?

Spite thread......poor Thor

Uriel005
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Spite thread......poor Thor Thor is going to know what the inside of his skull looks like. Spite.

CosmicComet
My head says no, hell no.

But my gut says yes.

Black bolt z
No. Thor does not

SuperMan103
is thor also fighting to the best of his ability?

keiththegreat
Originally posted by SuperMan103
is thor also fighting to the best of his ability?

Yup.

Harbinger
Given the stips, Thor doesn't really have any way of countering that would put Supes down for the count.

dmills
Spite. Funeral for a god.

I guess next comes the custom made spite thread that favors Thor. Supes fighting like a brick while a bloodlusted Thor calls on every ounce of power that Mjolnir has.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman I'd wager.

The best stance for Thor is to argue his ability to project omnidirectional energy and to point out that Superman has never demonstrated the ability to strike someone with class 100 blows while throwing multiple hits like some picture. The more punches you throw, the less power behind them etc. That's the usual trade off in comics. At least when you reach a certain strength level.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman I'd wager.

The best stance for Thor is to argue his ability to project omnidirectional energy and to point out that Superman has never demonstrated the ability to strike someone with class 100 blows while throwing multiple hits like some picture. The more punches you throw, the less power behind them etc. That's the usual trade off in comics. At least when you reach a certain strength level.

Huh?

Fair point, to be sure, but loss of power in flurries would matter less the higher your strength is, not more.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Huh?

Fair point, to be sure, but loss of power in flurries would matter less the higher your strength is, not more.

I get what your saying. There seems to be a direct trade off though. There isn't a math equation for it but it seems the more punches you throw, the less power behind them. The higher you are in strength, I guess the bigger the trade off but that's not taking into account speed. Whatever, my point is that Superman might throw 8 punches in a panel and they'd have less effect than a single stationary strike for whatever reason.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I get what your saying. There seems to be a direct trade off though. There isn't a math equation for it but it seems the more punches you throw, the less power behind them. The higher you are in strength, I guess the bigger the trade off but that's not taking into account speed. Whatever, my point is that Superman might throw 8 punches in a panel and they'd have less effect than a single stationary strike for whatever reason. That turns into a case of comic book viability vs realistic portrayals though. By forum rules comic book viability issues are thrown away for the most part otherwise it's like saying Galactus can call the ultimate nullifier to himself at will why doesn't he use it in comic. On forum it's one of the reasons that it's generally specified or assumed Big G is banned from using the nullifier as "non-standard" tech despite the fact that he has been shown to call on it at will because absolute nullification makes debates a moot point. However in the case of more standard abilities and practical abilities as long as it doesn't go against what a character would do in a CIS on situation on forum I assume they are going to use the full impact that they can generate. Superman against top tier opponents like Thor would throw his punches as hard as he could for as long as he throws them just like Wally/Flash would scale up the level of their punches while still throwing them ridiculously fast in a fight.

-Pr-
Don't see a reason to leave this open tbh; can easily become a bait thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.