Silver Surfer (unhindered) vs. Thanos (normal)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
This is CIS off Surfer. He will use his top speed and reflexes in battle. He would use all of his powers at his disposal. That means he will use shields, phasing through attacks, creating black holes, using force fields (like he did to trap Thor's hammer for a moment), amping to higher levels, etc.

Thanos will fight as his normal self in comics.

Fight is to ko or death (whichever comes first).

Battlefield is in outer space within a cubic AU of volume. A medium mass star also lies within this battlefield.

Who wins and why? You must answer why who wins and not just who wins. Try to give a scenario of how the fight will go (give some details of some things that could mostly likely happen).

Black bolt z
Thanos.

He stands still and lets surfer give him all hes got. He then proceeds to grab surfer and wring his neck. Just like he would superman.

Existere
laughing out loud

"Unhindered" = CIS off.

Personality is a hinderance.

Hyperion Prime
Thanos uses his durability to tank Surfers best shots. Surfer encases him in a black hole and Thanos escapes. Surfer gets upset and tries to go hand to hand and gets beat to death. (does the same to Superman)

THANOS REIGNS

vince_slice
http://i56.tinypic.com/25qci09.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2llon4l.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/16ao7zt.jpg

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by vince_slice
http://i56.tinypic.com/25qci09.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2llon4l.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/16ao7zt.jpg

h1a8 owned2

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
h1a8 owned2 X8PyTo6NyXA

theanswer2
Those scans don't show Surfer using any speed. Nor do they show him phasing to avoid Thanos's attacks. Why didn't Surfer up any black holes? Thanos does have problems with them. Why didn't Surfer us his time manipulation powers. Thanos doesn't have time powers. At least it shows that Thanos actually has to put energy around his hands to hurt Surfer. Thanos isn't that strong without the energy amping his strikes.

Harbinger
Not sure why people have such a tough time coping with the simple fact that Thanos is consistently portrayed to be above top tier guys like Surfer.

No CIS/PIS/LIS/MIS/doesn't f*cking matter. Thanos wins. Every gotdamn time.

theanswer2
Originally posted by Harbinger
Not sure why people have such a tough time coping with the simple fact that Thanos is consistently portrayed to be above top tier guys like Surfer.

No CIS/PIS/LIS/MIS/doesn't f*cking matter. Thanos wins. Every gotdamn time. So does Superman. HE wins every time.

h1a8
Originally posted by Harbinger

No CIS/PIS/LIS/MIS/doesn't f*cking matter. Thanos wins. Every gotdamn time.
Being portrayed doesn't mean truth. Otherwise there would be no need for debate.
CIS off does matter. SS will not fight like a moron and actually use his powers and not be hindered by the writer in order to job to Thanos.

Thanos has serious problems with blackholes. That tactic alone would own him. Surfer can amp to levels to actually hurt Thanos well. Remember they are in outer space.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by h1a8
Remember they are in outer space. WELL THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING

Harbinger
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
WELL THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING laughing out loud

Black bolt z
Originally posted by theanswer2
Those scans don't show Surfer using any speed. Nor do they show him phasing to avoid Thanos's attacks. Why didn't Surfer up any black holes? Thanos does have problems with them. Why didn't Surfer us his time manipulation powers. Thanos doesn't have time powers. At least it shows that Thanos actually has to put energy around his hands to hurt Surfer. Thanos isn't that strong without the energy amping his strikes. Strong enough to pimp slap the crap outta thor.

h1a8
WELL THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING

It doesn't change everything but merely adds another few advantages to Surfer.

1. More room to maneuver.
2. Able to amp far more

psycho gundam
a 6-piece w/ 2 biscuits

Bouboumaster
Surfer does all his things and still loose it to Thanos 10/10. Still, Surfer would do better that Superman.

h1a8
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Strong enough to pimp slap the crap outta thor.

Just about any class 100 being can pimp smack Thor back.
Thor only weighs 700lb. and two beings with the same strength should be able to pimpsmack stun the other.

h1a8
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Surfer does all his things and still loose it to Thanos 10/10. Still, Surfer would do better that Superman.

How would he lose? Remember the OP my friend.

Juntai
Surfer does all his things and still loose it to Thanos 10/10. Still, Surfer would do better that Superman. no Superman consistently beats characters in this class.

Black bolt z
Just about any class 100 being can pimp smack Thor back.
Thor only weighs 700lb. and two beings with the same strength should be able to pimpsmack stun the other. facepalm

Say this to Rage's face. Please.

King Kandy
Why didn't Surfer us his time manipulation powers. Thanos doesn't have time powers.
lol. You mean, except for the time HE owned SS with time manipulation? It was the other way around; Thanos's time manip outclassed surfer's.

zeel
surfer has never been able to put out enough dmg to even phase thanos. thor has done better then ss has. Surfer fairs better against hearlds, thor has battled herald level and higher.

surfer has nothing for thanos

MetalIsDead
So, "unhindered" is a powerset with it's theoretical applications, not really Silver Surfer uh? embarrasment

Uriel005
So does Superman. HE wins every time. Agreed. Superman consistently defeats opponents far above high herald with varying degrees of difficulty under his own power with PIS or stupidly powerful amps and gets called on it every time as PIS or CIS on a villains part or bad writing. So when people say OMG Thanos wins and all his showings of defeating top tiers are not PIS and he clearly has some far lower showings it throws up a big question mark of why is it when Thanos is involved it isn't PIS or people ignore the fact that he is on a massive amp for certain achievements but Superman despite having so many gods/trans tier villains as notches in his belt gets called on PIS.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Uriel005
Agreed. Superman consistently defeats opponents far above high herald with varying degrees of difficulty under his own power with PIS or stupidly powerful amps and gets called on it every time as PIS or CIS on a villains part or bad writing. So when people say OMG Thanos wins and all his showings of defeating top tiers are not PIS and he clearly has some far lower showings it throws up a big question mark of why is it when Thanos is involved it isn't PIS or people ignore the fact that he is on a massive amp for certain achievements but Superman despite having so many gods/trans tier villains as notches in his belt gets called on PIS. Except thanos never has amps when he stomps the shit out of high heralds.

Nor has he, to my knowledge, ever lost to anyone below skyfather.

Uriel005
Except thanos never has amps when he stomps the shit out of high heralds.

Nor has he, to my knowledge, ever lost to anyone below skyfather. But he has been rocked by several which does mean that it is possible for someone like Thor to take him as since the whole WM PG Thor event Thor has smacked Thanos and hurt him. I'm also saying that Supes unamped has busted people stronger than some skyfathers on occasion. He doesn't necessarily make a habit of it but he's done it on several occasions which makes me believe that as a character it's generally within his capabilities on a good day.

Black bolt z
But he has been rocked by several which does mean that it is possible for someone like Thor to take him as since the whole WM PG Thor event Thor has smacked Thanos and hurt him. I'm also saying that Supes unamped has busted people stronger than some skyfathers on occasion. He doesn't necessarily make a habit of it but he's done it on several occasions which makes me believe that as a character it's generally within his capabilities on a good day. Well considering thanos was smiling while battling with PG thor I wouldn't exactly take that to say he could take thanos.

Thanos is just about any herald. Plain and simple.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos. I'm not really sure how anyone can actually say otherwise after reading their encounters.

He'd honestly be lucky to even hurt Thanos.

Uriel005
Well considering thanos was smiling while battling with PG thor I wouldn't exactly take that to say he could take thanos.

Thanos is just about any herald. Plain and simple. But your still ignoring that Thanos and Thor have fought since then and has been rocked by him at standard levels.

h1a8
You guys are not following the rules. Reread the OP. Explain how would the character will win. Give scenarios of how the fight will go. Remember this is CIS off Surfer, and not Surfer from the comic.

This thread isn't a simple vote on who will win.

vince_slice
But your still ignoring that Thanos and Thor have fought since then and has been rocked by him at standard levels.

When and what issue?

leonidas
thanos will be unaffected by ss as he was by a po'd ss in #75. seriously--how many times does ss need to show he is inferior?

psycho gundam
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6448/80035763wy0.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6975/87975840dj3.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2288/95974026yg3.jpg

no raised palm needed

leonidas
Originally posted by psycho gundam

no raised palm needed

gracias. laughing out loud

long pig
Thanos uses his durability to tank Surfers best shots. Surfer encases him in a black hole and Thanos escapes. Surfer gets upset and tries to go hand to hand and gets beat to death. (does the same to Superman)

THANOS REIGNS So you admit Thanos can only win if Surfer goes OOC and gets mad and tries to h2h him, like the cis turd of a fight that happened in the comic. Thanos is NOT beating a cis-less blood lusted smart fighting Surfer the majority of the time. Thanos hasn't shown the speed needed to stomp Surfer. That's all that matters. This is a stalemate. Oh, and how can say Thanos's durability is better? I don't see Surfer getting stabbed by bone claw Wolvie. -braces for nuthugger jihad- Oh, and Superman would do better than Surfer in this fight.

JakeTheBank
How this fight pans out:

Surfer begins unloading the might of the Power Cosmic against Thanos who just endures the onslaught, smiles that stupid grin of his, and beats Norrin half to dead.

long pig
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
How this fight pans out:

Surfer begins unloading the might of the Power Cosmic against Thanos who just endures the onslaught, smiles that stupid grin of his, and beats Norrin half to dead. What is he beating him with? Fists? Nope. Surfer isn't going to engage in h2h, which is the only way Thanos gets the upperhand. Blasts? Nope. Surfer can dodge them for as long as he wants. Seriously, wtf is he hitting him with? I agree Thanos's durability is saving him here, which is why it's a stalemate. Thanos is like Deathstroke, he makes a living beating people who are above him. Not because of his powerset is so high, he's just great at exploiting other characters stupidity as well as having insane jobbing inducement. Can DS beat half the people on this forum that he has in comics? HELL NO. Same with Thanos.

Nihilist
Thanos STILL wins, its not that hard to understand..even for trolls.

long pig
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos STILL wins, its not that hard to understand..even for trolls. How? With his imagination? And don't call leo a troll...... stick out tongue

Nihilist
Originally posted by long pig
How? With his imagination? And don't call leo a troll...... stick out tongue By beating and blasting the shit out of him, how many times does it have to be show on panel Surfer has jack shit to take Thanos down...your Thanos hate makes you look pathetic.

long pig
laughing out loud Is Thanos your boyfriend or something? The fact someone questions Thanos's power doesn't mean they hate him, you moron. If there are on panel feats of a blood lusted, cis-less Surfer using his entire arsenal of abilities against Thanos, and still losing, I'll happily admit I am wrong. Until then: Beat him with what? Certainly not his fists. Blast him with what? Do thanos's blast travel faster than light? If they don't, Surfer can dance around them all day long.

Mindset
How would there be a cis-less Surfer in a comic? You mean if Marvel were to create a new character with SS exact powerset, but a completely different personality?

YoungGunna
laughing out loud Is Thanos your boyfriend or something?

LOL

Nihilist
laughing out loud Is Thanos your boyfriend or something? The fact someone questions Thanos's power doesn't mean they hate him, you moron.You would have a good point if you didnt make countless Thanos threads and b*tch about him every chance you get. Tell you what, you give me anything Surfer can throw at Thanos and i'll counter on how he aint taking the Titan down.

long pig
Originally posted by Mindset
How would there be a cis-less Surfer in a comic? You mean if Marvel were to create a new character with SS exact powerset, but a completely different personality? My point exactly. Surfer has yet to fight Thanos at full potential. Ever. That's why it's moronic for him to claim it's an open and shut case. Thanos has never fought against his full power set so until he does, or at least gets close, it's debatable who would win. It's not that complicated.

Mindset
My point exactly. Surfer has yet to fight Thanos at full potential. Ever. That's why it's moronic for him to claim it's an open and shut case. Thanos has never fought against his full power set so until he does, or at least gets close, it's debatable who would win. It's not that complicated. Your version of full potential doesn't exist in the comics.

long pig
You would have a good point if you didnt make countless Thanos threads and b*tch about him every chance you get. Tell you what, you give me anything Surfer can throw at Thanos and i'll counter on how he aint taking the Titan down. I never said Surfer could put him away now did I? It's always been a stalemate in my mind. Unless you're judging by who lands more attacks. Again, why do you confuse questioning with something negative like bitching. and sorry for calling you a moron.

Nihilist
I never said Surfer could put him away now did I? It's always been a stalemate in my mind. Unless you're judging by who lands more attacks. Again, why do you confuse questioning with something negative like bitching. and sorry for calling you a moron. It comes down to simple facts Surfer hasnt got anything that can put Thanos down for good, Thanos has in regards to putting Surfer down.

long pig
The (fixed) version of full potential doesn't exist in the comics. ......which is the whole point of the versus forum......:erm:

Mindset
......which is the whole point of the versus forum......:erm: The whole point of the versus forum is to use characters that don't exist, but power sets that do?

Ok, gotcha.

long pig
It comes down to simple facts Surfer hasnt got anything that can put Thanos down for good, Thanos has in regards to putting Surfer down. Those are indeed facts, just not relevent ones. Juggs can kill Flash, but Flash can't kill Juggs. That doesn't mean Flash loses.

long pig
The whole point of the versus forum is to use characters that don't exist, but power sets that do?

Ok, gotcha. Can you read?

Mindset
Can you read? Can you comprehend?

Nihilist
Those are indeed facts, just not relevent ones. Juggs can kill Flash, but Flash can't kill Juggs. That doesn't mean Flash loses. laughing out loud your anology doesnt make any sense as you as using a one dimensional brick and a speedster, which isnt the case with 2 versatile guys who have various way and means to attack.

MetalIsDead
The whole point of the versus forum is to use characters that don't exist, but power sets that do?

Ok, gotcha.

That sounds a lot like CBR, let's hope this doesn't turn into it.

Hyperion Prime

no raised palm needed

Thanos Chair >> Silver Surfer and h1a8

Hyperion Prime
So you admit Thanos can only win if Surfer goes OOC and gets mad and tries to h2h him, like the cis turd of a fight that happened in the comic. Thanos is NOT beating a cis-less blood lusted smart fighting Surfer the majority of the time. Thanos hasn't shown the speed needed to stomp Surfer. That's all that matters. This is a stalemate. Oh, and how can say Thanos's durability is better? I don't see Surfer getting stabbed by bone claw Wolvie. -braces for nuthugger jihad- Oh, and Superman would do better than Surfer in this fight.

He would have to go hand to hand, because none of Surfers other attacks would phase Thanos. Hand to hand would be the only option left to SS. SS loses everytime.

h1a8
Thanos Chair >> Silver Surfer and h1a8

Surfer can amp to higher levels to hurt Thanos. Surfer can punch Thanos since Thanos is more durable to energy projection than high class 100 punches. Surfer can use blackholes (someone Thanos has a problem with), Surfer can assault Thanos with his board, etc.

There are many ways for Surfer to hurt Thanos. Just showing a scan where a blast does nothing is faulty. For it doesn't take into consideration other means of attack or amping.

illadelph12
How about a thread with Dr. Doom with Surfer's powerset (which occurred on panel, btw) vs. Thanos?

Uriel005

Ok, gotcha. if you want to do that then don't debate just go with what the comics say. Congratulations you have just invalidated the entire board considering ABC logic doesn't work on forum.

Bouboumaster
What's incredible is that the Thanos haters want to prove at all cost that Thanos that he would loose to some heralds, while it was shown time and time again that he can whoop them.

Surfer is, IMO, the most powerful herald character. I see him at the top, followed (or equal to Thor), and just behind, Superman. One could argue that Thor is more powerful that Surfer, but in overall, these three have shown power, versatility and overall feats that put him ahead of everyone else in their weight class.

Thanos and Surfer met a lot in the past, and I don't remember Surfer hurting or faze Thanos a single time. We saw Genis-Vell going all out on Thanos and Walker, and both were unfazed. We saw Thanos killing Surfer in less then 10 punches. We saw him, and his chair, not hurt (or broke) after Surfer shooting a mighty bolt at them (stated on panel by Surfer himself). We saw Surfer being swapped like a fly by Odin, while Thanos taking his best shot. He still lost at the end, but Odin had to work for it. Against Tyrant, this is even more impressive, when Thanos fought a dude who laid waste in BRB, Gladiator and yes, even Surfur's face. In a old ass scan, Thanos destroyed both Thor and Thing with eye beams.

In the recent Thanos Imperative Arc, Lord Mar-Vell stomped Surfer, and Thanos would have shit on him if this is what he wanted.

The only instance where Surfer have the better of Thanos is when DOCTOR STRANGE bring them both in the astral plane.

This is consistancy. Heralds is proved to not being able to beat, let alone kill, Thanos. Drax of course, is the exception to that rule, but in that case, it could be said that a mere rock can kill Superman. What Surfer can do, Thanos has an argument to that. He got the reflexes to follow the speed his enemies can use, he got the endurance to tank anything, the power to overcome the strenght, he got the technology to block the most powerful attacks, the tp and tp shields to stop even the most powerful telepaths, his nature makes him impossible to mess with his body via matter manipulation, etc.

I mean, jeez, guys! I don't know what's your problem.

celeyhyga17

Just had to sneak "Still, Surfer would do better that Superman" huh??

stick out tongue

Nihilist
Surfer can amp to higher levels to hurt Thanos. Surfer can punch Thanos since Thanos is more durable to energy projection than high class 100 punches.Name me all these class 100 people Surfer can and has amped past that have given Thanos trouble Thanos teleports out of them,end of problem, laughing out loud seriously, using that tactic couldnt even put Beta ray bill down.

Ill wait for you to come up with some solid reasons for once.

Philosophía
The black hole is the only chance Surfer has - and that's assuming he use it at the start and gets to do it before Thanos blats him down and beats him to death.

carver9
Thanos is clearly above Surfer along with any other Herald. If I had to chose which would give him a better, I would say Thor.

Bouboumaster

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by carver9
Thanos is clearly above Surfer along with any other Herald. If I had to chose which would give him a better, I would say Thor.

Even if I consider Surfer above Thor, I think that Thor would be the best match for Thanos. But he'd still get his ass whooped too.

WhiteWitchKing

Mindset
if you want to do that then don't debate just go with what the comics say. Congratulations you have just invalidated the entire board considering ABC logic doesn't work on forum. facepalm

No to the first part of your post, because we don't have PIS here. Second part of your post doesn't even make sense in regards to anything being discussed.

vince_slice
I'm pretty sure the only time Thanos was hurt by a black hole was the one in Infinity Abyss, but that one was four light-years in diameter. I don't think Surfer has enough power to create a black hole large enough to suck in several hundred solar systems.

KuRuPT Thanosi
He still got out of it so that wouldn't even beat him

Black bolt z
Surfer can amp to higher levels to hurt Thanos. Surfer can punch Thanos since Thanos is more durable to energy projection than high class 100 punches. Surfer can use blackholes (someone Thanos has a problem with), Surfer can assault Thanos with his board, etc.

There are many ways for Surfer to hurt Thanos. Just showing a scan where a blast does nothing is faulty. For it doesn't take into consideration other means of attack or amping. Except surfer has no way of hurting thanos. As shown on panel at least 10 times.

Uriel005
Except surfer has no way of hurting thanos. As shown on panel at least 10 times. except when he fights thanos he is also clearly fighting like an idiot.

Black bolt z
except when he fights thanos he is also clearly fighting like an idiot. You mean his standing there and hitting thanos with everything he has, then thanos gets up and asks him if he is done? Thats fighting stupidly? Giving it everything you have?

leonidas
How? With his imagination? And don't call leo a troll...... stick out tongue

chair

h1a8
Name me all these class 100 people Surfer can and has amped past that have given Thanos trouble Thanos teleports out of them,end of problem, laughing out loud seriously, using that tactic couldnt even put Beta ray bill down.

Ill wait for you to come up with some solid reasons for once.

Surfer can simply amp to levels that can seriously hurt him. Remember a star is in the battlefield that Surfer can use. Thanos is resistant to energy projection. But not so much to punches. Look at what Surfer did to Bill with just a punch.

Thanos may teleport out of black holes but not before they seriously mess him up.

The board did put bill down. Surfer was trying to reason with Bill, not kill him. Surfer can send the board at Thanos 1000 times the speed of light. This would probably decapitate him easily.

Thanos can tank them, and can tp away if needed.

No he can't. He was seriously injured just by entering the event horizion.
If he messes with the actual singularity then he is a dead duck.

I'm pretty sure the only time Thanos was hurt by a black hole was the one in Infinity Abyss, but that one was four light-years in diameter. I don't think Surfer has enough power to create a black hole large enough to suck in several hundred solar systems.

Black holes are singularities (they are not light years in distance), the smallest of black holes can pull anything from anywhere. It's the universal law of gravity.

psycho gundam
^ "i didn't read the comic so it must be a lie"

Sr J-Bieb
Surfer can simply amp to levels that can seriously hurt him. Remember a star is in the battlefield that Surfer can use. Thanos is resistant to energy projection. But not so much to punches. Look at what Surfer did to Bill with just a punch. Thanos' best durability feat is to punches, and people have stated this many times to you...

Simbon
The consistency of opinion between long pig, uriel, and h1 is almost uncanny. Strange that so many DC'ers should argue so vociferously on Surfer's behalf, when so many surfer fans give Thanos the win...

I don't think even a black hole will give surfer the win here. Surfer's only way of beating Thanos, as I see it, would be to go back and time and prevent him from acquiring his powers in the first place.

Nihilist
Surfer can simply amp to levels that can seriously hurt him. Remember a star is in the battlefield that Surfer can use. Thanos is resistant to energy projection. But not so much to punches. Look at what Surfer did to Bill with just a punch.No Surfer cant amp to lvls like that physically and never has. Like i said show me all these class 100 punchers that Thanos has struggled with.

He wasnt seriously messed up when that black hole was closing on him.

No it never, Bill was able to carry on. laughing out loud not a chance, you do know that Surfers board has been broken many time and would prolly get destroyed hitting Thanos.

All you arguments are based on a speculation based Surfer and not even a CIS less Surfer using what he has done on panel in comics.

Black holes are singularities (they are not light years in distance), the smallest of black holes can pull anything from anywhere. It's the universal law of gravity.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Simbon
The consistency of opinion between long pig, uriel, and h1 is almost uncanny. Strange that so many DC'ers should argue so vociferously on Surfer's behalf, when so many surfer fans give Thanos the win...

I don't think even a black hole will give surfer the win here. Surfer's only way of beating Thanos, as I see it, would be to go back and time and prevent him from acquiring his powers in the first place.

Thanos has a time machine on his own.

No, the only way to him to beat Thanos is to call his boss.

h1a8
Thanos' best durability feat is to punches, and people have stated this many times to you... Now of all things things u have posted, this is a flat out lie. This borders on trolling i would think.

Sr J-Bieb
Now of all things things u have posted, this is a flat out lie. This borders on trolling i would think. The only thing trolling is you. Don't project your shit on others.

Time for you to see this for the hundreth time:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-14.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-15.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-17.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-18.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/INFINTYWARS_06-19.jpg

And here's Thanos rekindling Surfer's life force... How can Thanos stand against such a force?!!!??
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/CPU1-0028.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/CPU1-0029.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/CPU1-0031.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/CPU1-0032.jpg

h1a8
No Surfer cant amp to lvls like that physically and never has. Like i said show me all these class 100 punchers that Thanos has struggled with.

He wasnt seriously messed up when that black hole was closing on him.

No it never, Bill was able to carry on. laughing out loud not a chance, you do know that Surfers board has been broken many time and would prolly get destroyed hitting Thanos.

All you arguments are based on a speculation based Surfer and not even a CIS less Surfer using what he has done on panel in comics.

Saying that Surfer can't amp is like saying that Hulk can't get stronger.
Comics both stated and showed that Surfer can amp to higher levels, especially when a star is around.
Now you are flat out lying or trolling when you say that Thanos wasn't messed up in that black hole. He didn't even touch the singularity and it did that much damage to him. There is no way Thanos can survive a black hole onslaught from Surfer. He can black hole Thanos all day.

There were many other times where the board didn't break though (especially hitting things with the knife edge of it).
Thanos being highly resistant to energy projection has no bearing on his physical blunt force durability. IMO,Thanos is probably as soft as Hulk or Thor or softer in the physical hit durability case (A big pillow) and barely bulletproof. I know, you are going to use the PG Thor incident. Well do me a favor, specifically show me that Thor was more than 2x as strong as his normal self and then show me how Thor hit Thanos with the hammer (small jab like strikes) while getting his nose busted. And then show me how Thanos can survived the board hitting him in the neck traveling at 1000 times the speed of light.

psycho gundam
lol really?

Sr J-Bieb
lol really? That post is going to anger Nihilist a lot.

Should be interesting. thumb up

Black bolt z
For once thats something so bad even I won't touch it.

psycho gundam
That post is going to anger Nihilist a lot.

Should be interesting. thumb up yeah

hopefully nihilist read your post and is editing in more flammage for us, at least he should

h1a8
The only thing trolling is you. Don't project your shit on others.

Time for you to see this for the hundreth time:

And here's Thanos rekindling Surfer's life force... How can Thanos stand against such a force?!!!??

What does that suppose to show? Magus pimpsmacking Thanos and Thanos getting rocked? Magus didn't even want to kill Thanos as he told him to admit something, Thanos then said no.
Didn't Thanos pimpsmack CA with the IG too?

IMO, That's a shtty feat. It's like a character hitting someone to hurt them but not to kill or ko them and using it as evidence as the feat is greater than resisting Odin or the likes.

Sr J-Bieb
What does that suppose to show? Magus pimpsmacking Thanos and Thanos getting rocked? Magus didn't even want to kill Thanos as he told him to admit something, Thanos then said no.
Didn't Thanos pimpsmack CA with the IG too?

IMO, That's a shtty feat. It's like a character hitting someone to hurt them but not to kill or ko them and using it as evidence as the feat is greater than resisting Odin or the likes. He got haymakered... in the back of the head... by angry Magus... with the IG...
And yes, Thanos casually slapped CA while weakening himself and killed him.

Or it's an angry character with abstract level powers hitting someone without shields twice, and then Thanos getting caught in the blast. No, it couldn't be that... because you don't like that one.

Black bolt z
Thanos still stomps.

psycho gundam
He got haymakered... in the back of the head... by angry Magus...
an angry thor did the same thing to thanos when the ig was "up for grabs" and everyone lunged for it.

Sr J-Bieb
an angry thor did the same thing to thanos when the ig was "up for grabs" and everyone lunged for it. thumb up

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/th_The_Infinity_Gauntlet_06-35.jpghttp://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/th_The_Infinity_Gauntlet_06-36.jpghttp://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/th_The_Infinity_Gauntlet_06-37.jpg

h1a8
He got haymakered... in the back of the head... by angry Magus... with the IG...
And yes, Thanos casually slapped CA while weakening himself and killed him.

Or it's an angry character with abstract level powers hitting someone without shields twice, and then Thanos getting caught in the blast. No, it couldn't be that... because you don't like that one.

How can Thanos be weakened with the IG?

But Magus didn't intend to kill nor ko Thanos. It's right there in the scan.
It's a shtty feat.

A blast is not a punch. Try again.

Nihilist

Saying that Surfer can't amp is like saying that Hulk can't get stronger.
Comics both stated and showed that Surfer can amp to higher levels, especially when a star is around.
Now you are flat out lying or trolling when you say that Thanos wasn't messed up in that black hole. He didn't even touch the singularity and it did that much damage to him. There is no way Thanos can survive a black hole onslaught from Surfer. He can black hole Thanos all day.

There were many other times where the board didn't break though (especially hitting things with the knife edge of it).
Thanos being highly resistant to energy projection has no bearing on his physical blunt force durability. IMO,Thanos is probably as soft as Hulk or Thor or softer in the physical hit durability case (A big pillow) and barely bulletproof. I know, you are going to use the PG Thor incident. Well do me a favor, specifically show me that Thor was more than 2x as strong as his normal self and then show me how Thor hit Thanos with the hammer (small jab like strikes) while getting his nose busted. And then show me how Thanos can survived the board hitting him in the neck traveling at 1000 times the speed of light. I will respond to this absolute pile of dogshite when i get home from work. Your post is so tardtastic is bordering on the edge of trolling for the sake of it.

WhiteWitchKing
Lmao
pym/nihilist: IT'S ON *****!

Sr J-Bieb
How can Thanos be weakened with the IG?

But Magus didn't intend to kill nor ko Thanos. It's right there in the scan.
It's a shtty feat.

A blast is not a punch. Try again. Because you clearly never read the series? This is common sense to anyone who's ever even discussed that issue, let alone read it. I'm not even going to explain it to you because it doesn't matter. Once again you show you know nothing about anything you discuss.

He was questioning him while hitting him with angry attacks... do you know how bad that contradicts things? All he said was for Thanos to admit something just because he thought he was a God. It pissed him off, and he threw a hissy fit. That doesn't mean he was holding back his physical power... ESPECIALLY WHEN HE HAYMAKERS HIM IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD WHILE PISSED OFF.
"I don't like it... gotta find something wrong with it... it didn't happen!"

It's like when Krona killed Galactus in the crossover when he was wondering what Galactus knew. Oh right, you never saw that one. Well, admittedly, I don't what you do (or don't) know, but it's like something where someone kills/KO's someone they're questioning. You understand that right?

lol. Good point, after Thanos gets smoked by the IG, the blast doesn't count because it wasn't a punch. Apparently Thanos is immune to blasts.
It's clear to everyone... with a brain... that his durability is equal be it blasts or punches. Even more so when the only thing he's been shown to be KO'ed by is blasts. And it's also clear why I threw that in... because Thanos just took three shots from the IG and shook it off.

I don't even know why I respond to you like you're a legit poster... I mean, you don't even try to hide the fact that you know nothing and cling to anything you think you see wrong with something... and then you'll forget it ever happened the next day.

psycho gundam
I will respond to this absolute pile of dogshite when i get home from work. Your post is so tardtastic is bordering on the edge of trolling for the sake of it. this better be a warning level post at least, bonus points if you get warned with a temp-ban longer than 2 days

Sr J-Bieb
this better be a warning level post at least, bonus points if you get warned with a temp-ban longer than 2 days What if he throws in a racial epithet?

psycho gundam
depends on which one

long pig
How dare you have an opinion that differs from everyone else. Anyone who disagrees with the popular view must be trolling......right sr? smh

Sr J-Bieb
How dare you have an opinion that differs from everyone else. Anyone who disagrees with the popular view must be trolling......right sr? smh What are you crying about now?

You'd think such a 'heavy' drug addict would be more mellow.

Badabing
Please stop the trolling and bashing.

People who can't agree or get along should use the ignore function.

long pig
Surfer should take the majority if it comes to who lands more attacks, but he can't finish thanos. Sorta like fighting Juggernaut.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Is long pig still butt hurt that Thanos wrecks strange? Sorry buddy.. that is just the way the cookie crumbles.

quanchi112
Thanos stomps. This notion that when the surfer loses to Thanos or a threat that deems Thanos far above Surfer aren't showings of surfer really going all out are just wrong.

Surfer while powerful and versatile in his own right has no basis in comics to even approach mount Thanos.

iceman24567
Thanos dominates Norrin

long pig
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Is long pig still butt hurt that Thanos wrecks strange? Sorry buddy.. that is just the way the cookie crumbles. Your lack of intelligence is baffling. How do you not fall down more. laughing out loud once again the Thanos groupies come out in full effect. I haven't looked at any posts under yours, but i guarantee your cuddle-buddy quanchi isn't far behind. If he isn't, i'll never post again.....

long pig
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos stomps. This notion that when the surfer loses to Thanos or a threat that deems Thanos far above Surfer aren't showings of surfer really going all out are just wrong.

Surfer while powerful and versatile in his own right has no basis in comics to even approach mount Thanos. laughing out loud I knew it. Pathetic.

quanchi112
laughing out loud I knew it. Pathetic. What's pathetic ? The fact the comics support my views while this thread is an attempt to ignore how these two characters have been portrayed every single time they have either faced off or a similar threat.

Thanos owns the Surfer.

Simbon
Surfer while powerful and versatile in his own right has no basis in comics to even approach mount Thanos.

But what if surfer isn't like you? What if Surfer doesn't want to mount Thanos?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Simbon
But what if surfer isn't like you? What if Surfer doesn't want to mount Thanos? How can I mount myself ? You silly. I'm great. Peace.

Black bolt z

Surfer while powerful and versatile in his own right has no basis in comics to even approach mount Thanos. For once thanos is 100% correct.

long pig
What's pathetic ? The fact the comics support my views while this thread is an attempt to ignore how these two characters have been portrayed every single time they have either faced off or a similar threat.

Thanos owns the Surfer. Answer me this. Seriously. If Thanos were to fight, say, Iron man, a dozen times in the comics and he loses to IM everytime.....would you then agree and say IM is superior to Thanos even though there are hundreds of feats that say Thanos is clearly above IM? Just answer that.

rotiart
Answer me this. Seriously. If Thanos were to fight, say, Iron man, a dozen times in the comics and he loses to IM everytime.....would you then agree and say IM is superior to Thanos even though there are hundreds of feats that say Thanos is clearly above IM? Just answer that.

That's a horrible comparison. It's never happened and reasonably iron mans power set isn't even in the sane league... If u had said ronin or gladiator or whatever...

long pig
....that isn't even close to the point....jesus christ....

long pig
My god, no wonder you guys go around in circles. You can't read.

long pig
Here. Is. The. Point. No. Matter. How. Many. Times. An. Inferior. Character. Defeats. A. Superior. character. In. Comics. It. Doesn't. Mean. The. Inferior. Character. Will. Win. In. The. Forums. i.e Deathstroke has beaten Flash a dozen times in the comics. He's flat out been stated to be FASTER than the Flash in the comics, but that doesn't make it true and he will lose on the forums. Thanos has as much chance at hitting a blitzing Superman as Deathstroke has hitting a blitzing Flash. The. End. jesus.

Igniz
Thanos still wins this.People saying why didn't SS used this power on Thanos to beat him has a simple explanation on it.Remember SS has cosmic awareness.And this power set alone could be telling SS that "tactic" or type of "power" wont work on Thanos.Henceforth SS doesn't use some of his powers on Thanos.

Simply put, Thanos is in a class of his own.One could call him the Herald beater.

long pig
So you believe his cosmic awareness said go and stand in front of thanos and try to fist fight him at very slow speeds? Come the **** on. You knew that was wrong before you typed it.

Martian_mind
So you believe his cosmic awareness said go and stand in front of thanos and try to fist fight him at very slow speeds? Come the **** on. You knew that was wrong before you typed it.

Can you prove it DIDN'T say that?

celeyhyga17

Thanos wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Short Pig... Give it up.. Thanos crushes surfer with ease.

Hyperion Prime
Thaons Reigns

As always!!!!!!

quanchi112
Answer me this. Seriously. If Thanos were to fight, say, Iron man, a dozen times in the comics and he loses to IM everytime.....would you then agree and say IM is superior to Thanos even though there are hundreds of feats that say Thanos is clearly above IM? Just answer that. Even though it'd never happen I would. I argue based off of showings, common sense, portrayal, and feats.

Thanos also has superior feats to the surfer anyways.

Black bolt z
Here. Is. The. Point. No. Matter. How. Many. Times. An. Inferior. Character. Defeats. A. Superior. character. In. Comics. It. Doesn't. Mean. The. Inferior. Character. Will. Win. In. The. Forums. i.e Deathstroke has beaten Flash a dozen times in the comics. He's flat out been stated to be FASTER than the Flash in the comics, but that doesn't make it true and he will lose on the forums. Thanos has as much chance at hitting a blitzing Superman as Deathstroke has hitting a blitzing Flash. The. End. jesus. Except speed has no factor in this fight. For two reasons

1: Surfer's strongest blasts have been shown not to affect thanos in the slightest.

2: Surfer doesn't blitz people. He doesn't have good combat speed. He might come in fast at first but he won't be going in and out every attack.

psycho gundam
So you believe his cosmic awareness said go and stand in front of thanos and try to fist fight him at very slow speeds? Come the **** on. You knew that was wrong before you typed it. he gets a 404 error message when he tries that on thanos

bbrem123
hahaha wtf to this thread...surfer has no chance and never will.../thread

Sr J-Bieb
Here. Is. The. Point. No. Matter. How. Many. Times. An. Inferior. Character. Defeats. A. Superior. character. In. Comics. It. Doesn't. Mean. The. Inferior. Character. Will. Win. In. The. Forums. i.e Deathstroke has beaten Flash a dozen times in the comics. He's flat out been stated to be FASTER than the Flash in the comics, but that doesn't make it true and he will lose on the forums. Thanos has as much chance at hitting a blitzing Superman as Deathstroke has hitting a blitzing Flash. The. End. jesus. Good point, Wolverine beats Hulk. Toyman beats Superman. Baron Mordo beats Dr Strange. Because they're obviously more powerful than their counterparts.

Also, lol at the Deathstroke vs Flash comparison... obviously the power level between Thanos and Surfer is that great.

The denial is so great I can actually see the tears from your post.

h1a8
What's pathetic ? The fact the comics support my views while this thread is an attempt to ignore how these two characters have been portrayed every single time they have either faced off or a similar threat.

Thanos owns the Surfer.

How would Thanos own this Surfer with CIS off?
He wouldn't be able to hit him once.

Black bolt z
He wouldn't be able to hit him once. Actually he would.Originally posted by Black bolt z
Except speed has no factor in this fight. For two reasons

1: Surfer's strongest blasts have been shown not to affect thanos in the slightest.

2: Surfer doesn't blitz people. He doesn't have good combat speed. He might come in fast at first but he won't be going in and out every attack.

Like I already said speed is not a factor here. And even if it was thanos could just tank surfer blasts until the cows come home.

h1a8
Actually he would.

Like I already said speed is not a factor here. And even if it was thanos could just tank surfer blasts until the cows come home.

Please read the OP again.
Surfer is fighting with CIS off.

Plus Surfer can amp. Surely you are not saying that no amount of amping will hurt Thanos are you?

Also we have the black hole strategy (something known to affect Thanos greatly). Then we have the board coming at Thanos head at a million c.

Sr J-Bieb

Plus Surfer can amp. Surely you are not saying that no amount of amping will hurt Thanos are you?

Also we have the black hole strategy (something known to affect Thanos greatly). Then we have the board coming at Thanos head at a million c. And your strategy has him running at Thanos and punching him... like what got him killed.

Also, it didn't effect Thanos greatly, and Thanos has shields.

h1a8
And your strategy has him running at Thanos and punching him... like what got him killed.

Also, it didn't effect Thanos greatly, and Thanos has shields.
Surfer didn't use his FTL reflexes in the comic where he ALMOST got killed.

My strategy has him either using

1. Black holes
2. Amping and then punching (using FTL reflexes)
3. Sending the board that Thanos at a million C.
4. Using shields to block any Thanos attack
5. Phasing through any Thanos attack

Sr J-Bieb
Surfer didn't use his FTL reflexes in the comic where he ALMOST got killed.

My strategy has him either using

1. Black holes
2. Amping and then punching (using FTL reflexes)
3. Sending the board that Thanos at a million C.
4. Using shields to block any Thanos attack
5. Phasing through any Thanos attack
He had speed lines. Apparently that's all that you need to show Light Speed.

The only time Surfer's created a black hole was when it was basically a time bomb. And the one Thanos was hit with was way bigger, and he got out on his own and took over a ship right after. All it did was cut him up a bit.
And that will get him punched out... again.
And that will leave him open for attack, and get stopped by a shield.
And that will get his shields broken.
lol at phasing through any attack. Like that time Surfer's never done that.

h1a8
He had speed lines. Apparently that's all that you need to show Light Speed.

The only time Surfer's created a black hole was when it was basically a time bomb. And the one Thanos was hit with was way bigger, and he got out on his own and took over a ship right after. All it did was cut him up a bit.
And that will get him punched out... again.
And that will leave him open for attack, and get stopped by a shield.
And that will get his shields broken.
lol at phasing through any attack. Like that time Surfer's never done that.

Surfer created black holes at least twice.

All black holes are the same size for they are singularities, just have different masses. Thanos never touched the singurality but rather the event horizon. Black holes with lower masses are much dangerous (kills quicker) because the event horizon is smaller.

How can Surfer get punched when he is NOW USING FTL reflexes that he didn't use in the comic?

Surfer can phase through Thanos shield. So a shield wouldn't stop Surfer. At worst the shield buys Thanos some time. After all, he can't attack with the shields up.

This is CIS off Surfer so yes he will phase through any of Thanos attacks.

You forgot about the amping that Surfer will do also.

quanchi112
He wouldn't be able to hit him once. Yes, he would. What Surfer are you even referring to ? Issue number please ?

Sr J-Bieb

All black holes are the same size for they are singularities, just have different masses. Thanos never touched the singurality but rather the event horizon. Black holes with lower masses are much dangerous (kills quicker) because the event horizon is smaller.

How can Surfer get punched when he is NOW USING FTL reflexes that he didn't use in the comic?

Surfer can phase through Thanos shield. So a shield wouldn't stop Surfer. At worst the shield buys Thanos some time. After all, he can't attack with the shields up.

You forgot about the amping that Surfer will do also. Scans.

The one that swallowed Thanos inside his ship was 2 light years. Stop trying to argue semantics.

Because Thanos punches him in the face. And reacts to Surfer rushing right at him.

So, Surfer phases his board through Thanos' shield... wouldn't the speed cause it to phase through Thanos as well? Or did you just forget what you were talking about?

So we're inventing powers for Surfer then? Thanos throws a planet at Surfer.

Which does nothing. Surfer has shown he can't effect Thanos.

h1a8
Yes, he would. What Surfer are you even referring to ? Issue number please ?

So Thanos can attack with speeds far faster than light?
I'm referring to CIS off Surfer. That means power set Surfer.

the Darkone

You forgot about the amping that Surfer will do also.

scan and issue number. Back up this BS!

Black bolt z

Also we have the black hole strategy (something known to affect Thanos greatly). Then we have the board coming at Thanos head at a million c. An amount of amping will hurt thanos. Just not the amount surfer can.Originally posted by h1a8
I'm referring to CIS off Surfer. That means power set Surfer. He doesn't need to as surfer doesn't have good combat speed.

h1a8
Scans.

The one that swallowed Thanos inside his ship was 2 light years. Stop trying to argue semantics. A black hole can pull at unbounded distances. A star 1 million light years away is pulling the Earth now. It is the universal law of gravity dude.
Thanos can't punch someone in the face who IS using FTL reflexes and top speed. Who says that Surfer will keep going? He would just stop inside Thanos shield and wreck him. Or just wait for Thanos to drop his shield to attack (in which he would since the OP says this Thanos fights normally as shown). What powers are you referring to that im inventing? Surfer has been shown to phase, amp, send his board at beings, create black holes, etc. Im confused. confused

Yes only with blasts.

But Surfer hasn't been shown he can't affect Thanos with blasts after amping, nor with punches, nor with sending his board at Thanos, and certainly nor with creating black holes in Thanos brain.

quanchi112
I'm referring to CIS off Surfer. That means power set Surfer. Thanos can erect a shield and omni blast him while surfer can't even lay a hand on him. Now which comics is this based off of ?

h1a8
An amount of amping will hurt thanos. Just not the amount surfer can. How do you know? Surfer has absorbed a star before. I don't recall him absorbing a star when attacking Thanos.

A CIS off Surfer does have good combat speed. He will use his FTL reflexes to shield block (as shown in comics) any beams, dodge (as shown in comics) any beams, and phase (as shown in comics) through any attacks. Yes even a CIS on Surfer has blocked energy beams while in combat. Also a CIS off Surfer will use his great speeds in combat as well.

h1a8
Thanos can erect a shield and omni blast him while surfer can't even lay a hand on him. Now which comics is this based off of ?

Thanos can't omni blast with his shields up. His shields will simply block the omniblast. Try again.

Also SS can block the blast with a shield or simply phase. He can also create a black hole in Thanos eyes or brain.

Sr J-Bieb
A black hole can pull at unbounded distances. A star 1 million light years away is pulling the Earth now. It is the universal law of gravity dude. I asked for scans of Surfer creating two black holes.
Are you playing stupid, or does this just come natural (no need to answer).

Thanos can't punch someone in the face who IS using FTL reflexes and top speed.
Yes he can. He punches him clean in the face.

Who says that Surfer will keep going? He would just stop inside Thanos shield and wreck him. Or just wait for Thanos to drop his shield to attack (in which he would since the OP says this Thanos fights normally as shown). Way to forget what you were talking about. To remind you, you were talking about Surfer throwing his board at way over lightspeed.

Anyway...
So Surfer stops inside his shield. Congrats, he just got himself killed.
And Surfer waits for him to drop his shield so he can get blasted... not sure how effective that would be on his part.

Also lol at trying to legitamize what you're saying by bringing up the OP. "Oh this outside source said this would happen", when you are the outside source. Almost got me.

What powers are you referring to that im inventing? Surfer has been shown to phase, amp, send his board at beings, create black holes, etc. Im confused. confused
Probably the power where Surfer phases through attacks, like I said.

Yes only with blasts.

But Surfer hasn't been shown he can't affect Thanos with blasts after amping, nor with punches, nor with sending his board at Thanos, and certainly nor with creating black holes in Thanos brain. Yes he has. He said he hit him with all his power.
Surfer's punches are less powerful than his blasts.
Thanos blocks the board, and beats on a boardless Surfer.
Surfer never created black holes in somebody's brain.

You are literally the only person now who can actually bother me on this board (the only other person was Quan when he was full blown retard). Sad thing is I know you're trolling too. Oh well, time to go to ignore.

Black bolt z
How do you know? Surfer has absorbed a star before. I don't recall him absorbing a star when attacking Thanos.

A CIS off Surfer does have good combat speed. He will use his FTL reflexes to shield block (as shown in comics) any beams, dodge (as shown in comics) any beams, and phase (as shown in comics) through any attacks. Yes even a CIS on Surfer has blocked energy beams while in combat. Also a CIS off Surfer will use his great speeds in combat as well. So your basing the fact that surfer can beat thanos off of 100% speculation? And so what if he absorbed a star? Drax ripped a star in half. the same drax's physical star ripping strength couldn't do nothing to thanos.

Please show surfer having FTL combat speed before you say anything else.

quanchi112
Thanos can't omni blast with his shields up. His shields will simply block the omniblast. Try again.

Also SS can block the blast with a shield or simply phase. He can also create a black hole in Thanos eyes or brain. He was fighting with his shields up against Omega while blasting the entire time. Against fallen one he also blocked his speed by a shield/tk and blasted him.

No, he can't. This isn't supported by comics at all. Thanos lobotomizes or places him in force block. Boom. Comics back me u pwhile you just make things up as usual. Poor guy.

h1a8
He was fighting with his shields up against Omega while blasting the entire time. No he wasn't. You tried to pull that crap on me a long time ago it didn't fly. It was never shown for Thanos shields to be up AT THE SAME TIME AS HIM BLASTING.

Yes he blocked him with the shield. But when he blasted him the shield wasn't shown to be up.
Why isn't it supported?
Surfer has blocked beams in mid battle with shields. He has created black holes on a whim. He has shown to have the ability to phase.

It is not a question of whether Surfer can do it but will he choose to do it.
Since CIS is off, he will choose to do them.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>