Which universe do you think you will get powers faster?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
From random radioactive spider bites to being chosen to weild a will powered ring, which universe do you think would grant you some kind of power faster?

JakeTheBank
Probably Marvel.

Q99
Do you have a chance of having the metagene?

DC has millions of minorly-powered people according to Brother Eye, and that's just the active ones. People with significant power are rarer, but with mutants currently rare in Marvel, I think that might tip it.

marwash22
Marvel.

In DC you kinda have to be chosen for GL-status and most people with powers are aliens. In Marvel there's all types of radiation/serums/items that you could just stumble upon while doing some seemingly innocent task.

-Pr-
Marvel. Which one would I rather HAVE powers in? Marvel.

Black bolt z
Marvel

Scarlet315
Originally posted by marwash22
Marvel.

In DC you kinda have to be chosen for GL-status and most people with powers are aliens. In Marvel there's all types of radiation/serums/items that you could just stumble upon while doing some seemingly innocent task.

True about DC, but it would be crazy if i just ended up there for a day by accident and the guardians chose me to wield the ring. I'd be like "that's cool and all but i don't even live here."

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
Marvel. Which one would I rather HAVE powers in? Marvel.

marwash22
Originally posted by Scarlet315
True about DC, but it would be crazy if i just ended up there for a day by accident and the guardians chose me to wield the ring. I'd be like "that's cool and all but i don't even live here." laughing out loud

AlmightyKfish
Marvel

-Pr-
True about DC, but it would be crazy if i just ended up there for a day by accident and the guardians chose me to wield the ring. I'd be like "that's cool and all but i don't even live here."

then you wouldn't get it. you have to be a native to be given one...

Uriel005
Marvel. Sentry Serum Activate for the easiest OP abilities but Franklin Richards or Clyde Wyncham's power if I could pick which human powers to have.

Q99
Marvel.

That's just GLs, most supers aren't like GLs.

Random metahumans are very common, as well as plenty of item/accident/etc. type supers.

Ever read the Invasion story arc? The Dominators activated the powers of many people (so many that Monel took them to colonize other worlds, and they became the source of the 'humans with powers' types that are so common in the Legion of Superheroes futurue). Or Bloodlines, where the attacks from the Bloodline alien triggered dozens for the same reason. Large number of people have a latent metagene.

And in 52, Luthor learned how to purposefully activate the metagene in the Everyman Project (with side-effects, but still).

Most people with powers aren't aliens, the metagene is by far the most common source.

Sirius77
DC, I could either be born metahuman, join the military and become that way, or just meet some people who knew magic and make myself that way.

In Marvel, I'd just wait for galactus to come back to Earth (which he will.... give it time) and then wait for the opportunity to present itself and pull a Norrin.

psycho gundam
From random radioactive spider bites to being chosen to weild a will powered ring, which universe do you think would grant you some kind of power faster? probably marvel

cadmus was making a lot metahumans and all, but the power broker was handing out superpowers like junk mail

MrMind
definitely Marvel, I remember in one book a guy gained superpower by eating garbage

Starscream M
marvel

doing anything with radioactivity will get you powers of some sort as opposed to cancer

Badabing
Marvel. Not using a condom in the MU can grant superpowers, so I've heard anyway.

Prep-Man
i think dc. id rather be a mage than a freaky looking mutant and have the whole world hate me or hunt me down via sentienels. no thank you.

Hyperion Prime
Marvel and that's the universe where I would belong anyway.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Marvel and that's the universe where I would belong anyway.

Blair Wind
Why would you guys want to live in Marvel? Just curious is all. To me there seems to be more hate towards supers in Marvel - I mean that is the whole thing against mutants right?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Why would you guys want to live in Marvel? Just curious is all. To me there seems to be more hate towards supers in Marvel - I mean that is the whole thing against mutants right? potential powersets are often better for run of the mill mutants if we're restrained to being human. I posted before Franklin Richards and Clyde Wyncham from Marquis of Death are both technically mutants and as such potential powers that I could gamble on having. Given the chances are almost nil for a broken set but one can dream can't they?

-Pr-
Why would you guys want to live in Marvel? Just curious is all. To me there seems to be more hate towards supers in Marvel - I mean that is the whole thing against mutants right?

It's easier to carve out a niche for yourself, imo.

marwash22
Originally posted by Q99
That's just GLs, most supers aren't like GLs.

Random metahumans are very common, as well as plenty of item/accident/etc. type supers.

Ever read the Invasion story arc? The Dominators activated the powers of many people (so many that Monel took them to colonize other worlds, and they became the source of the 'humans with powers' types that are so common in the Legion of Superheroes futurue). Or Bloodlines, where the attacks from the Bloodline alien triggered dozens for the same reason. Large number of people have a latent metagene.

And in 52, Luthor learned how to purposefully activate the metagene in the Everyman Project (with side-effects, but still).

Most people with powers aren't aliens, the metagene is by far the most common source. that's not the question. The OP asked which universe would you get powers faster; the events you brought up are isolated incidents that aren't likely to occur on a daily basis. Having a latent metahuman gene doesn't equate to having powers until the gene is activated...

And yes, most of the relevant heroes/villains that have powers in DC, are aliens.Originally posted by Blair Wind
Why would you guys want to live in Marvel? Just curious is all. To me there seems to be more hate towards supers in Marvel - I mean that is the whole thing against mutants right? that wasn't the question. The OP asked, which universe you'd get powers faster, not which universe you'd rather live in.

Dum Dum Dugan
plus if you get lower end abilities you can still be relevant, on some level in marvel. DC your just in the way.

Hyperion Prime

Hatred dosen't bother me I get that in the real world. If I had powers the hatred would bother me even less. (even though in the real world there is hate laws for minorities. I don't believe the MU has hate laws to protect mutants so that is something to think about).

Besides DC has the OMAC project I believe?

To me the marvel Universe is the real world. I can imagine Spiderman, Thor, Ben Grimm. DC characters have never seemed like anything more than characters in a story to me.

I can move to New York City. I can never move to Metropolis, Gotham, Fawcett City, Bludhaven, Coast City etc

EDIT: I would rather not have powers and live in Marvel than to have powers and live in the DC Universe

Dum Dum Dugan
How much would it suck if you got blue mans powers, I still can't believe how unlucky he is. The entire mutant population pretty much vanished, aside from the x-men who were protected and a few randoms, and he the random.

Blair Wind
that's not the question. The OP asked which universe would you get powers faster; the events you brought up are isolated incidents that aren't likely to occur on a daily basis. Having a latent metahuman gene doesn't equate to having powers until the gene is activated...

And yes, most of the relevant heroes/villains that have powers in DC, are aliens. that wasn't the question. The OP asked, which universe you'd get powers faster, not which universe you'd rather live in.

I asked my question in reference to people stating they would rather go to Marvel because its Marvel

Scarlet315
Originally posted by MrMind
definitely Marvel, I remember in one book a guy gained superpower by eating garbage

The Pict

I'd agree with that.

And yes, most of the relevant heroes/villains that have powers in DC, are aliens.

Not really.

batdude123
DC.

And once I did, I'd be the new Superman, and have a cult of followers taking my words as gospel.

Uriel005
Marvel has more powers in a bottle IMO. SSS, Sentry formula, Radioactive spiders walking around, Terrigan Mists, cosmic radiation, beings capable of bestowing powers i.e. galactus/Odin/other higher being.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Uriel005
Marvel has more powers in a bottle IMO. SSS, Sentry formula, Radioactive spiders walking around, Terrigan Mists, cosmic radiation, beings capable of bestowing powers i.e. galactus/Odin/other higher being.
by more you mean?

SSS would not work, nor sentry formula, terrigan mist would make you go mad, and might turn you into a freak.

kgkg
Why would you guys want to live in Marvel? Just curious is all. To me there seems to be more hate towards supers in Marvel - I mean that is the whole thing against mutants right? You might get chance to fight Logan.

Hyperion Prime
If I did have super powers in the marvel universe and they were good super powers I would go after Sabertooth. I would punt that child women murdering cocky ass punk into outerspace.

EDIT: I would also kick mister Hydes ass.

Dum Dum Dugan
If I did have super powers in the marvel universe and they were good super powers I would go after Sabertooth. I would punt that child women murdering cocky ass punk into outerspace.

EDIT: I would also kick mister Hydes ass.
sabre-tooth dead, but I would not go after him if he was alive. Have you see some of the shit he done?

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
sabre-tooth dead, but I would not go after him if he was alive. Have you see some of the shit he done?

Yes that is why if I had class 10 or higher powers i would have to go after that scum.

I would have to be class 75 or higher to go after Mr. Hyde. That mofo is crazy

Not saying I would beat these guys but I would try.

Dum Dum Dugan
Yes that is why if I had class 10 or higher powers i would have to go after that scum.

I would have to be class 75 or higher to go after Mr. Hyde. That mofo is crazy

Not saying I would beat these guys but I would try.
If you had only class 10 powers he would effortlessly maul you.

Sabre-tooth is a lot more dangerous then Hyde.

I dont recommend going after Sabre-tooth with 10 ton strength, he would maul you.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
If you had only class 10 powers he would effortlessly maul you.

Sabre-tooth is a lot more dangerous then Hyde.

I dont recommend going after Sabre-tooth with 10 ton strength, he would maul you.

In reality with 10 ton strength I would need additional powers like spiderman or reflexes like cap. Maybe some beams that shot out of my hands or eyes. I would need fighting skills.

You think Sabertooth is more dangerous than Hyde??? They are both pretty much mudering psychos. To me Hyde is scarier. Maybe becuase he is so big.

Blair Wind
EDIT: I would rather not have powers and live in Marvel than to have powers and live in the DC Universe

I wasn't expecting that.

I tend to like DC more as a company and the universe as a location than Marvel.

Then again, if I was offered a powerset in one or the other, but only that one, it wouldn't matter to me which one.

Dum Dum Dugan
In reality with 10 ton strength I would need additional powers like spiderman or reflexes like cap. Maybe some beams that shot out of my hands or eyes. I would need fighting skills.

You think Sabertooth is more dangerous than Hyde??? They are both pretty much mudering psychos. To me Hyde is scarier. Maybe becuase he is so big.
You still get mauled. He over a class 10 , he as fast as spiderman ect

Yes. Hyde a jobber, DD beat him with a mail box. Sabre-tooth has better showings, consistently far more dangerous and he views people as pray.

Sr J-Bieb
Nova Force
Mutants
Accidents
Osborn screwing around with kids
Steroids
Power Cosmic
Random Asgardian Mischief
Terrigen Mist
Experiments
Etc

Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.