Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Am I the only one who thinks this is the best game ever?

Unfortunatly it won't work on a windows 7 computer. Unless someone has had luck in doing that.

Black bolt z
Anyone? Best game EVA!?!?

Peach
Don't bump threads.

-Pr-
Why won't it work on Windows 7?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by -Pr-
Why won't it work on Windows 7? I don't entirely know. It says something like "Could not initialize graphics card. Please make sure your video card and driver is compatible with directdraw."

But when I run diagnostics provided by the game itself it says the game should work perfectly.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I don't entirely know. It says something like "Could not initialize graphics card. Please make sure your video card and driver is compatible with directdraw."

But when I run diagnostics provided by the game itself it says the game should work perfectly.

you can't just download directdraw compativle drivers? i know ATI has them.

Black bolt z
you can't just download directdraw compativle drivers? i know ATI has them. Thats the thing...I did. 7 and vista just don't seem to like old PC games.

Have you ever played this game?

-Pr-
Thats the thing...I did. 7 and vista just don't seem to like old PC games.

Have you ever played this game?

I had it on Vista Ultimate 64 bit, and it ran fine. I haven't tried it on Windows 7 (at least, I don't recall doing it).

have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

Black bolt z
I had it on Vista Ultimate 64 bit, and it ran fine. I haven't tried it on Windows 7 (at least, I don't recall doing it).

have you tried running it in compatibility mode? Yep.

-Pr-
Yep.

Then I don't know what to tell you. Directdraw drivers should have fixed the issue.

Black bolt z
How did you like the game when you had it?

Kazenji
Thats the thing...I did. 7 and vista just don't seem to like old PC games.

And also XP.

-Pr-
How did you like the game when you had it?

I honestly didn't like it that much, compared to the likes of BFME, DOW and the like.

Kazenji
And all it was really just Age Of Empires for Star Wars.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Kazenji
And also XP. Really? The game case says it works on XP.Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly didn't like it that much, compared to the likes of BFME, DOW and the like. Originally posted by Kazenji
And all it was really just Age Of Empires for Star Wars. Really? To me the game was like Halo wars but with infinitly more things to do. Especially when playing with friends.

Kazenji
Really? The game case says it works on XP.

Well obvisouly the game is'nt "THAT" old then.

dadudemon
Try running it with the compatibility mode options AND running it in windowed mode. For some reason, some older games work in windowed mode and various compatibility settings.

Black bolt z
Well obvisouly the game is'nt "THAT" old then. 2002.Originally posted by dadudemon
Try running it with the compatibility mode options AND running it in windowed mode. For some reason, some older games work in windowed mode and various compatibility settings. Windowed mode?

Kazenji
2002. Windowed mode?

Not old

Black bolt z
Not old 9 years is a pretty long time.

Kazenji
not really compared to some of the games i have.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.