Comic book battles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
If these fights were in a comic... who do you think would win?

Thor vs Orion
HP Doomsday vs Hulk
Spiderman vs Deathstroke
Superman vs Surfer
Wonder Woman vs Gladiator
Darkseid vs Thanos
Wolverine vs Batman
Deathstroke vs Captain America
Superman vs Sentry (no void)

How would these fight turn out in a comic and how do you think each would win?

-Pr-
Thor
Hulk
Spider-Man
Superman
Gladiator
Depends on writer
Batman
Captain America
Superman

Each character will "find a way" if they don't just win straight up, which some of them can.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Thor
Hulk
Spider-Man
Superman
Gladiator
Depends on writer
Batman
Captain America
Superman

Each character will "find a way" if they don't just win straight up, which some of them can.

Agreed... the sad thing about this is... I also agree with Batman taking Wolverine out.

Prep-Man
Thor
Hulk
Spider-Man
Superman
Gladiator
Depends on writer
Batman
Captain America
Superman

I also think it depends on who's writing the Thor/Orion battle. Simonson said he'd have Orion win.
I think Hulk wins in the end or dies trying.
Spider-Man
Superman
Wonder Woman
Depends on writer
Batman
Cap
Superman

srankmissingnin
Whichever company publishes the comic character is the one who wins

carver9
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Whichever company publishes the comic character is the one who wins

Let's basically look at it from a view of a writer that has wrote for both companies.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Let's basically look at it from a view of a writer that has wrote for both companies.

If it were me, the results posted would be how i'd write it.

iceman24567
Thor
Hulk
Spider-Man
Superman
Gladiator
Depends on writer
Batman
Captain America
Superman

Each character will "find a way" if they don't just win straight up, which some of them can. thumb up

carver9
If it were me, the results posted would be how i'd write it.

I know.

I was expecting you to post because I wanted to see your comment since you "are" one of the least bias peeps on the forum.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor
Hulk
Spider-Man
Superman
Gladiator
Depends on writer
Batman
Captain America
Superman

Pretty much.

Originally posted by Prep-Man
I also think it depends on who's writing the Thor/Orion battle. Simonson said he'd have Orion win.

IIRC he said would have Thor win if he were writing Thor's book at the time, and would have Orion win if he were scripting that character instead.

Badabing

Thor vs Orion
HP Doomsday vs Hulk
Spiderman vs Deathstroke
Superman vs Surfer
Darkseid vs Thanos
Wolverine vs Batman

How would these fight turn out in a comic and how do you think each would win? Thor
Hulk (but he shouldn't against H/P DD)
Spidey
Supes
Glads
DS (it's a tie imo)
Bats (he's Batman)
Cap
Supes

george '06
Thor - he'll just hit him with the hammer until his legs stop kicking
HP doomsday - too mean from the starting gate
Spiderman - despite how firmly deathstroke could kick his ass otherwise, they wouldn't let spidey lose to him
Surfer - synthesizes kryptonite
Wonder Woman- magic works against glads doesn't it? otherwise chokes him with the lasso
Thanos - he's a better planner.
Wolverine - takes all ther damage bruce can throw down and keeps coming
Captain America - similar powers but caps got more experience
Superman he's the original, and therefore superior

Q99
Wonder Woman is a bigger name and more heroic, of course she wins (Glads isn't a villain, but he's more middle-ground a lot of the time, and people at the far end of the good spectrum always have an edge). Same reason Supes beats Sentry for sure.

Omega Vision

Thor vs Orion
HP Doomsday vs Hulk
Spiderman vs Deathstroke
Superman vs Surfer
Darkseid vs Thanos
Wolverine vs Batman

Thor. Good fight though.
This one really depends on the writer. H/P Doomsday was basically written to be unstoppable by conventional means (IE: punches) but on the otherhand a Hulk fan writer would have Hulk winning...somehow.
Spider-Man, though Deathstroke would probably utterly embarrass him in the first fight. Maybe the second too. In the end though Spider-Man would triumph.
Again, depends on the writer.
Wonder Woman.
It's revealed the Darkseid that Thanos beat to a bloody pulp was an Avatar while the Thanos Darkseid erased with his OE was a Thanosi.
Batman, but through cunning and gadgetry.
See Spider-Man.
Superman.

Mindset
Thor
Hulk
Spider-Man
Superman
Gladiator
Depends on writer
Batman
Captain America
Superman

Each character will "find a way" if they don't just win straight up, which some of them can. I agree with everything except Batman winning.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
I agree with everything except Batman winning.

Hater. sad

Mindset
He doesn't have nipples on his suit, I just can't take him seriously.

-Pr-
He doesn't have nipples on his suit, I just can't take him seriously.

A fair point.

chomperx9
He doesn't have nipples on his suit, I just can't take him seriously. Watch Batman and Robin

Q99
I'd think Bats vs Logan would be a tie.

Uriel005
Surfer vs supes is tough. If he's acting as an invader I see him winning first time around and supes coming back for round two and it looks like a thanos vs. surfer glass jaw moment. On the reverse if it was just an encounter in Marvel I see glass jaw surfer on a chance encounter with a "transdimensional" being coming through getting clocked in the jaw which has that damn power cosmic bug where it turns into softer materials. They fight for a while but eventually talk and resolve the situation. Either way Surfer will not preform at his best because honestly I don't see him taking a physical fight with supes in comic and because it's superman they won't dick him out with a solar energy/kryptonite drain so Surfer fights handicapped.

CosmicComet
Thor
Hulk
Spider-Man
Superman
Gladiator
Depends on writer
Batman
Captain America
Superman

Only thing I outright disagree with is Glads beating Wonder Woman.

I don't think that would happen ever. Gladiator is a B list character. Wonder Woman is B List in reader relevancy but easily A List in importance and in icon status.

Batman beating Wolverine is iffy too. But that's like 50/50 as their popularity is somewhat comparable in conjunction with Wolverine's outright physical superiority, which would ensure that Bruce would not lose face even if he lost.

Mindset
WW is like D list.

CosmicComet
She has Ds that's for sure.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Pretty much.

IIRC he said would have Thor win if he were writing Thor's book at the time, and would have Orion win if he were scripting that character instead.

basically.

rotiart

Thor vs Orion
HP Doomsday vs Hulk
Spiderman vs Deathstroke
Superman vs Surfer
Darkseid vs Thanos
Wolverine vs Batman

So basically how would each of these fights turn out with pis and cis on??

Depends on the writer. And the pis he feels like today

-Pr-
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Only thing I outright disagree with is Glads beating Wonder Woman.

I don't think that would happen ever. Gladiator is a B list character. Wonder Woman is B List in reader relevancy but easily A List in importance and in icon status.

Batman beating Wolverine is iffy too. But that's like 50/50 as their popularity is somewhat comparable in conjunction with Wolverine's outright physical superiority, which would ensure that Bruce would not lose face even if he lost.

I could just see them Worf-effecting Diana to show how tough Gladiator is. In a straight up fight I could see him giving her trouble too.

Logan's physical superiority is all well and good, but it's not like Batman hasn't faced anything like that before. Added to the fact that Bruce winning leaves both men better off than Logan winning, at least imo.

Parmaniac
Thor
Hulk
Spider-Man
Superman
Gladiator
Depends on writer
Batman
Captain America
Superman

Black bolt z
Thor
HP Doomsday
Deathstroke
Superman
Wonder Woman
Darkseid vs Thanos. Could go either way
Batman
Captain America
Superman

Lord Feron
Thor vs Orion
I think this battle would take place in asgard. Like orion coming out of nowhere with a boomtube then they just go at it. Lot of Asgard turns to rubble but after a insane fight Thor wins.

HP Doomsday vs Hulk
They fight in Metropolis, Would imo beat the piss out of hulk until DD does some move where Hulk gets pushed away. But then Hulk comes back madder than ever and is healing nearly as fast as DD if delivering the blows. Not sure how it will end but Hulk will win.

Spiderman vs Deathstroke
I think Deathstroke will smack him around for a bit but i think parker will start using his brain and beat Deathstroke some how.

Superman vs Surfer
Both would be resistant to get into a fight. I think the fight takes place in space. Supes imo will get the upperhand in the beginning but when surfer starts to falter he will start pulling out the big guns intense energy blasts and mind****ing and other exotic shit. But imo i think it would be a inconclusive fight.

Gladiator would win but I think they will have WW pulling every trick in the book but still losing. If glad does lose it would be some bs with the lasso.

Darkseid vs Thanos
Thanos

Wolverine vs Batman
Batman would win via some environmental method. Like kicking wolverine in front of a train or something.

Captain, it would be a sweet fight just straight up asskicking.

Superman Bests him but Sentry puts up a mighty good fight.

CosmicComet
I could just see them Worf-effecting Diana to show how tough Gladiator is. In a straight up fight I could see him giving her trouble too.

Logan's physical superiority is all well and good, but it's not like Batman hasn't faced anything like that before. Added to the fact that Bruce winning leaves both men better off than Logan winning, at least imo.

-I don't. She's a herald leveler. And a woman at that. It's politically correct to give her the win especially against someone who isn't remotely important like Gladiator.

-And it's not like Logan doesn't regularly face people above Batman or even himself either. When the popularity disparity is not huge--and it isn't here at all, the most realistic person to win in a comic is the one who realistically has the most advantages.

I'm not sure how you reckon Bruce winning leaves them both better off either.

(p.s. why did you call it a fact and then say imo?)

carver9
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Thor vs Orion
I think this battle would take place in asgard. Like orion coming out of nowhere with a boomtube then they just go at it. Lot of Asgard turns to rubble but after a insane fight Thor wins.

HP Doomsday vs Hulk
They fight in Metropolis, Would imo beat the piss out of hulk until DD does some move where Hulk gets pushed away. But then Hulk comes back madder than ever and is healing nearly as fast as DD if delivering the blows. Not sure how it will end but Hulk will win.

Spiderman vs Deathstroke
I think Deathstroke will smack him around for a bit but i think parker will start using his brain and beat Deathstroke some how.

Superman vs Surfer
Both would be resistant to get into a fight. I think the fight takes place in space. Supes imo will get the upperhand in the beginning but when surfer starts to falter he will start pulling out the big guns intense energy blasts and mind****ing and other exotic shit. But imo i think it would be a inconclusive fight.

Gladiator would win but I think they will have WW pulling every trick in the book but still losing. If glad does lose it would be some bs with the lasso.

Darkseid vs Thanos
Thanos

Wolverine vs Batman
Batman would win via some environmental method. Like kicking wolverine in front of a train or something.

Captain, it would be a sweet fight just straight up asskicking.

Superman Bests him but Sentry puts up a mighty good fight.

Good post.

I pictured these fight while reading your post. I also agree with Glads but lately Marvel has been giving him some major props... can't really see him losing to many physical fights, especially with everything Marvel has been writing about him recently.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Good post.

I pictured these fight while reading your post. I also agree with Glads but lately Marvel has been giving him some major props... can't really see him losing to many physical fights, especially with everything Marvel has been writing about him recently.

Unless of course Glads gets in the way of Thanos and his plans.. then you will seem him swatted away like a flee. Against most heralds.. you're right.

psycho gundam
Thor
Hulk
Spider-Man
Superman
Gladiator
Depends on writer
Batman
Captain America
Superman

Each character will "find a way" if they don't just win straight up, which some of them can. this.

only thing i'd add is the thanos/darkseid thing might be a stalemate so nobody loses face...matterfact the superman/silver surfer one would be like that also (or surfer wins), the fanboys would flood the mailroom about that

edit* wonder woman would beat gladiator

Batman beating Wolverine is iffy too. But that's like 50/50 as their popularity is somewhat comparable in conjunction with Wolverine's outright physical superiority, which would ensure that Bruce would not lose face even if he lost. wolverine wins by cutting sections off of his opponents, or simply stabbing them to death....batman's not going to get that treatment in a comic unless it's a robot double. wolverine cannot win

CosmicComet
Wolverine can win simply by cornering Batman and doing the ole middle claw tease while Bat's head is stuck against a wall and give a threatening talk routine.

psycho gundam
the "do you feel lucky punk?" routine happening to batman would be breaking some sort of rule, batman does that to people, he doesn't receive it. (pause)

carver9
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Unless of course Glads gets in the way of Thanos and his plans.. then you will seem him swatted away like a flee. Against most heralds.. you're right.

Thanos gets treated like all of the other Heralds gets treated when facing Glads. Get that ass whipped.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos gets treated like all of the other Heralds gets treated when facing Glads. Get that ass whipped.
I pray that was your poor attempt at humor?

quanchi112
Thanos gets treated like all of the other Heralds gets treated when facing Glads. Get that ass whipped. Come again. Hulk beat him, masterson beat him, etc. Thanos could let him hit him multiple times and it still wouldn't phase Thanos.

Omega Vision

Yeah, in terms of writing a good story you can have Batman defeat Logan and they can still be friends/allies afterward. But if Logan beats Batman there's a good chance it will be for good thanks to the claws.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Come again. Hulk beat him, masterson beat him, etc. Thanos could let him hit him multiple times and it still wouldn't phase Thanos.

@Kurupt...

I was very serious.

Quan ole pal... are we really going through this again. It was pretty much explained by the writer why Gladiator lost that fight against Hulk but I'm not the one to make excuses so since I ALSO think Hulk would crush Thanos, I'm not mad at Glads losing that fight.

As for Masterson... well, he was basically getting his a** whipped that entire fight and Gladiator had him dead to rights TWICE in that fight but just decided to laugh at a high herald. Masterson sneaked attacked him twice in that fight and still got crushed. Hell, Glads hit Masterson with a single punch and had him dazed and almost out. He hit him the second time and had Masterson on the ground again, almost out of it.

Glads hits to hard...

Answer this question... there are trans level beings, skyfathers, abstracts, etc...

Why did Thanos choose Gladiator DNA for one of his clone vs all of the millions of other powerful beings in the galaxy/universe. Something to think about eh.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Please name me ANY character Glads has beaten that is one Thanos level ANY please. The simple fact is that he has ZERO wins against anybody in the Thanos ballpark, and in fact, anybody of significance he's faced.. he's gotten owned. He has ZERO chance to beat thanos, and really, Thanos would only need to pimp slap him once for the win.

Omega Vision
Who's the strongest person Gladiator has dominated physically? Hyperion? Lulz.

quanchi112
@Kurupt...

I was very serious.

Quan ole pal... are we really going through this again. It was pretty much explained by the writer why Gladiator lost that fight against Hulk but I'm not the one to make excuses so since I ALSO think Hulk would crush Thanos, I'm not mad at Glads losing that fight.

As for Masterson... well, he was basically getting his a** whipped that entire fight and Gladiator had him dead to rights TWICE in that fight but just decided to laugh at a high herald. Masterson sneaked attacked him twice in that fight and still got crushed. Hell, Glads hit Masterson with a single punch and had him dazed and almost out. He hit him the second time and had Masterson on the ground again, almost out of it.

Glads hits to hard...

Answer this question... there are trans level beings, skyfathers, abstracts, etc...

Why did Thanos choose Gladiator DNA for one of his clone vs all of the millions of other powerful beings in the galaxy/universe. Something to think about eh. You have nothing to base it off since Hulk has never done anything to Thanos other than being ordered around, slapped, or overpowered.

Masterson survived his initial attack and glads barely survived the counter. Only you would say sneak attack it's all fair in love and war, amigo.

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Who's the strongest person Gladiator has dominated physically? Hyperion? Lulz.

He dominated Masterson physically... he also one shotted blackbolt and was destroying Nova as well. He toyed with Quasar and Quasar was even shocked at Gladiators power. He one shotted Binary... he one shotted Vulcan, broke Hyperions neck... punched a Phoenix head clean off... one shotted Rachel... one shotted Thing along with taking out the FF(who truly does have high end showings of taking attacks from heralds). He also one shotted 2 centurians/Nova members and one of them was taking over for Rich.

All of these people are top tier so your lulz was basically pointless and ignoring the character feats.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
You have nothing to base it off since Hulk has never done anything to Thanos other than being ordered around, slapped, or overpowered.

Masterson survived his initial attack and glads barely survived the counter. Only you would say sneak attack it's all fair in love and war, amigo.

Base what off from the Hulk?

Masterson got crushed and almost one shotted. Why would Masterson hit someone in the back that is standing above him laughing? Masteron even had doubts about facing Gladiator and that a** whippin he received was pretty much clarification of why he had doubts.

quanchi112
Base what off from the Hulk?

Masterson got crushed and almost one shotted. Why would Masterson hit someone in the back that is standing above him laughing? Masteron even had doubts about facing Gladiator and that a** whippin he received was pretty much clarification of why he had doubts. The fact Hulk's an elite top tier and that he's never beaten anywhere near Thanos level nor has he even beaten the surfer yet who is Thanos' whipping boy.

Matserson won the fight despite his inexperience. Give masterson some experience and he beats Glads ass over and over again. Thanos takes on the real deal with the power gem and even he couldn't beat Thanos. YJGQ.

KuRuPT Thanosi
He dominated Masterson physically... he also one shotted blackbolt and was destroying Nova as well. He toyed with Quasar and Quasar was even shocked at Gladiators power. He one shotted Binary... he one shotted Vulcan, broke Hyperions neck... punched a Phoenix head clean off... one shotted Rachel... one shotted Thing along with taking out the FF(who truly does have high end showings of taking attacks from heralds). He also one shotted 2 centurians/Nova members and one of them was taking over for Rich.

All of these people are top tier so your lulz was basically pointless and ignoring the character feats.

Carver.. Carvy.... I love how you quoted everybody but me... I understnd why.. being that you can't name ONE person on Thanos level that he's beaten. However, no amount of top tier feats you name can ever get you around the fact that Glads has never beaten anybody on Thanos's level. Period. So you would agree that Glads has ZERO showings of him beating anybody on Thanos's level to indicate he could beat thanos.. it's just wishful thinking on your part right?

gladiator isnt really among the very elite high heralds in marvel either.

carver9
Carver.. Carvy.... I love how you quoted everybody but me... I understnd why.. being that you can't name ONE person on Thanos level that he's beaten. However, no amount of top tier feats you name can ever get you around the fact that Glads has never beaten anybody on Thanos's level. Period. So you would agree that Glads has ZERO showings of him beating anybody on Thanos's level to indicate he could beat thanos.. it's just wishful thinking on your part right?

Glads doesn't have many showings, especially against high tier beings of Thanos caliber but power wise and from what I have seen from his fist, Thanos will be hurting.

You never answered my question. Out of the trillions of beings in the universe INCLUDING the beings Thanos has faced, why did he choose Gladiator power to aid with his clone.

Glads doesn't have many showings, especially against high tier beings of Thanos caliber but power wise and from what I have seen from his fist, Thanos will be hurting.

You never answered my question. Out of the trillions of beings in the universe INCLUDING the beings Thanos has faced, why did he choose Gladiator power to aid with his clone. you think gladiator can beat thanos? straight up?

carver9
Originally posted by 753
you think gladiator can beat thanos? straight up?

Nope... I'm referring to a fist fight.

well, he is much faster, but thanos is much tougher and effectively immortal...if glads doesnt wanna get hit and thanos cannot access any of his energy powers, he wouldnt be touched, but still wouldnt put thanos down

Q99

They could, but anyone can be Worfed, especially early in a clash. Superman gets that often enough too, probably a lot more than WW.

Originally posted by Lord Feron

Yea, BS like actually using her available options stick out tongue

Ya got two people of similar power, so plotwise Diana's got a major edge.

KuRuPT Thanosi

You never answered my question. Out of the trillions of beings in the universe INCLUDING the beings Thanos has faced, why did he choose Gladiator power to aid with his clone.

Again though, you kinda danced around the question again... So I'm correct is saying Glads has ZERO wins against ANYBODY on Thanos level or even close to his level as you admit right? Thus, it would also be a true statement.. that it's just wishful thinking on your part to think Glads could beat Thanos, when he's never beaten anybody at Thanos level or above?

-Pr-
-I don't. She's a herald leveler. And a woman at that. It's politically correct to give her the win especially against someone who isn't remotely important like Gladiator.

-And it's not like Logan doesn't regularly face people above Batman or even himself either. When the popularity disparity is not huge--and it isn't here at all, the most realistic person to win in a comic is the one who realistically has the most advantages.

I'm not sure how you reckon Bruce winning leaves them both better off either.

(p.s. why did you call it a fact and then say imo?)

he's a herald leveller too. gender doesn't come in to it for me. plus, it's comics; they're not exactly a bastion of political correctness.

as far as the wolverine batman thing goes, this:

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Yeah, in terms of writing a good story you can have Batman defeat Logan and they can still be friends/allies afterward. But if Logan beats Batman there's a good chance it will be for good thanks to the claws.

along with what PG said is pretty much what i'm talking about.

fact + imo = bad phrasing.

Why did Thanos choose Gladiator DNA for one of his clone vs all of the millions of other powerful beings in the galaxy/universe. Something to think about eh.

Thor/Hulk/Superman/Hank Pym wasn't available. Besides, a comment like that doesn't really hold up in a debate.

Originally posted by Q99
They could, but anyone can be Worfed, especially early in a clash. Superman gets that often enough too, probably a lot more than WW.

But Diana is the one fighting him. I can see Diana beating him too; that's just who i'd pick if i was writing the comic is all. if it was a group battle, then I might see things differently.

CosmicComet
^I didn't mean being a herald level thing was unique to Diana and that Gladiator was not, I just mean that on that note they are on equal ground, so powerwise either could be given the win, and then combine that with the fact that she is an important woman character, and gladiator is a relatively unimportant male character, it makes more sense that she would be given the win as its more sensational to see the woman win than the dude.

-Pr-
^I didn't mean being a herald level thing was unique to Diana and that Gladiator was not, I just mean that on that note they are on equal ground, so powerwise either could be given the win, and then combine that with the fact that she is an important woman character, and gladiator is a relatively unimportant male character, it makes more sense that she would be given the win as its more sensational to see the woman win than the dude.

Ah.

That's fine, and I can totally see why you'd go that route. It's just not how i'd write it, personally.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Pr buddy, you know Carver better than most having debated with him countless times. Does he usually say Glads wins a fight agianst a particular foe, when Glads has never beaten anybody on that level before. Is this a common practice of his? I just don't understand how he can say Glads can beat somebody at Thanos power level, when he's never beaten anybody at that level or above or really close to it.

Allankles
This is how they'd most likely go:-

Thor vs Orion - Thor
HP Doomsday vs Hulk - Hulk
Spiderman vs Deathstroke - Spiderman
Superman vs Surfer - Superman
Wonder Woman vs Gladiator - Wonder Woman
Darkseid vs Thanos - Darkseid
Wolverine vs Batman - Batman
Deathstroke vs Captain America - Captain America
Superman vs Sentry (no void) - Superman

About Wonder Woman vs Glads - she's beaten a lot of guys tougher than Glads. She also has a win - of soughts - against Superman. In a comic she'd pull off a victory after a rough going.

EDIT: A lot of fights would be stalemates or reversed in the forums (Hulk vs HP DD or SS vs Supes come to mind, maybe even Glads vs WW ) but you have to factor character legacy as a factor in comic book outcomes.

inimalist
so, how comics would depict it?

Thor vs Orion - Thor
HP Doomsday vs Hulk - Hulk
Spiderman vs Deathstroke - Spidey
Superman vs Surfer - Superman
Wonder Woman vs Gladiator - Wonder woman
Darkseid vs Thanos - some type of tie
Wolverine vs Batman - stalemate
Deathstroke vs Captain America - Cap
Superman vs Sentry (no void) - Supes

follow that money

Allankles

That's a big (regrettable or not) factor in this. I think it's difficult to ignore - if not impossible to ignore - in a comic book matchup.

SuperMan103
Thor vs Orion
HP Doomsday vs Hulk
Spiderman vs Deathstroke
Superman vs Surfer
Darkseid vs Thanos
Wolverine vs Batman - depends on writer imo.
Deathstroke vs Captain America - again, depends on writer.
Superman vs Sentry

carver9
Again though, you kinda danced around the question again... So I'm correct is saying Glads has ZERO wins against ANYBODY on Thanos level or even close to his level as you admit right? Thus, it would also be a true statement.. that it's just wishful thinking on your part to think Glads could beat Thanos, when he's never beaten anybody at Thanos level or above?

I agree, he has never defeated anyone on Thanos level but he did fight someone above Thanos (Tyrant) and it took a chain of attacks to drop Glads. I'm just basing this off of power scaling. He has dropped Heralds pretty easily and he has also one punched High Heralds, dazing them.

I'm literally looking at feats along with what characters think of him. Even Quasar was shocked at Glads phyisical powers.

I would give Thanos the win with all powers included but in a fist fight... Naah because again, the guy punch to d*** hard.

Now can you answer my question.

carver9
Pr buddy, you know Carver better than most having debated with him countless times. Does he usually say Glads wins a fight agianst a particular foe, when Glads has never beaten anybody on that level before. Is this a common practice of his? I just don't understand how he can say Glads can beat somebody at Thanos power level, when he's never beaten anybody at that level or above or really close to it.

You know you started with me right? I'm kind of stubborn, so you should have thought twice before picking me out.

stick out tongue

This is between us 2... me and Pr is discussing another topic in another thread so he is too busy to help you.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I mean your question really doesn't make sense... Are you saying Glads is stronger than Odin or stronger than Hulk or Champion? You're right, there are plenty of people more powerful than Glads in every way imaginable. Thus, he choosing Glads, was nothing more than the writer choosing to use Glads for whatever his reaons. NOT and I repeat NOT because Glads was the most powerful person to choose from in the Marvel universe. I didn't answer because I thought this answer was clear already, but I obliged you anways buddy.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You know you started with me right? I'm kind of stubborn, so you should have thought twice before picking me out.

stick out tongue

This is between us 2... me and Pr is discussing another topic in another thread so he is too busy to help you.

I do like you carver, you're a funny guy, and a good member of this site. You contribute and are passionate about comics smile

carver9
he's a herald leveller too. gender doesn't come in to it for me. plus, it's comics; they're not exactly a bastion of political correctness.

as far as the wolverine batman thing goes, this:

along with what PG said is pretty much what i'm talking about.

fact + imo = bad phrasing.

Thor/Hulk/Superman/Hank Pym wasn't available. Besides, a comment like that doesn't really hold up in a debate.

But Diana is the one fighting him. I can see Diana beating him too; that's just who i'd pick if i was writing the comic is all. if it was a group battle, then I might see things differently.

Thor and Hulk was available. Thanos chose some of the most powerful beings in the universe for his clones...hell, he even got dna from big G himself. Why did he chose Gladiator out of all the beings flying around the universe?

carver9
I do like you carver, you're a funny guy, and a good member of this site. You contribute and are passionate about comics smile

You are cool as well... never had any issues with you at all. I just want us to settle this Hulk vs Thanos fist fight and Gladiator vs Thanos fist fight match that we have been discussing for a while now.

carver9
I mean your question really doesn't make sense... Are you saying Glads is stronger than Odin or stronger than Hulk or Champion? You're right, there are plenty of people more powerful than Glads in every way imaginable. Thus, he choosing Glads, was nothing more than the writer choosing to use Glads for whatever his reaons. NOT and I repeat NOT because Glads was the most powerful person to choose from in the Marvel universe. I didn't answer because I thought this answer was clear already, but I obliged you anways buddy.

I agree, I don't think he is the most powerful in the universe either but this is Thanos that we are talking about. He chose EVERY being that dna was placed inside of his clones for a reason. Even though there was magic involved, Gladiator DNA did assist in making Thanos clone 4 times stronger than himself.

As for your universal comment... enjoy smile.

http://f.imagehost.org/view/0092/07

dmills
Question. Has Glads ever been beaten in a straight up physical fight? I mean without any weakness exploitation (radiation, psionic etc) or enchanted/exotic weaponry. Just straight up physically beaten?

carver9
Originally posted by dmills
Question. Has Glads ever been beaten in a straight up physical fight? I mean without any weakness exploitation (radiation, psionic etc) or enchanted/exotic weaponry. Just straight up physically beaten?

NEVER... every fight he has been in, he usually is outright stomping them. That's my main point. That why I say the things I say.

If you want to use the Thor examples then yeah but that wasn't the real Gladiator and that fight has been voided from the forum.

So no, he has never been physicall dominated in a one on one fight.

Omega Vision
Has Alfred ever been straight up beaten by energy blasts?

I don't get what you're going for here.

dmills
NEVER... every fight he has been in, he usually is outright stomping them. That's my main point. That why I say the things I say.

If you want to use the Thor examples then yeah but that wasn't the real Gladiator and that fight has been voided from the forum.

So no, he has never been physicall dominated in a one on one fight. Thor using Mjolnir doesn't count. At least not in terms of the question I was asking.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why doesn't beating his face in with Mjolnir not count? Is it that sudden revelation his vulnerable to magic or what have you?

Hulk beat him into the ground after redirecting his laser vision with his bare hands IIRC. Black Bolt was winning in a hand to hand encounter. Tyrant raped him. During Vulcan's reign as Emperor, an alien creature that was powered by it's race kicked his ass and broke his arm I think. Probably one or two more examples I'm forgetting.

Philosophía
Question. Has Glads ever been beaten in a straight up physical fight? I mean without any weakness exploitation (radiation, psionic etc) or enchanted/exotic weaponry. Just straight up physically beaten? http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_gladiatorfail1.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_gladiatorfail2.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_gladiatorfail3.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_gladiatorfail4.jpg

Later..

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_gladiatorfail5.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's the one. Damn, that was worse than I remember it being.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I agree, he has never defeated anyone on Thanos level but he did fight someone above Thanos (Tyrant) and it took a chain of attacks to drop Glads. I'm just basing this off of power scaling. He has dropped Heralds pretty easily and he has also one punched High Heralds, dazing them.

I'm literally looking at feats along with what characters think of him. Even Quasar was shocked at Glads phyisical powers.

I would give Thanos the win with all powers included but in a fist fight... Naah because again, the guy punch to d*** hard.

Now can you answer my question.

If by chain of attacks you mean 2 then sure, but i'm not sure how that qualifies as a good showing (being two shot) In fact, that very comic, makes my point not yours buddy. Tyrant had faced Glads and then met Thanos.. Immediatly Tyrant seized Thanos was a lot more powerful than any of the heralds he faced and commented on as much. So that really proves my point.

Also, I don't know how Thanos vs. Hulk and Glads fist fight haven't been determined yet. We know thanos is punches harder then either, we know thanos is more durable than either, and we know thanos is better at h2h than either. The only advantage Glads has is speed (hulk doesn't) yet speed isn't enough to save Glads. He can and will be hit by Thanos, and when he is, that will be lights out.

carver9
Thor using Mjolnir doesn't count. At least not in terms of the question I was asking.

Naah, it would count imo. Even if Thor used Mjlonir, that would be a physical lost for Glads. The thing about this is, the real Gladiator was assisting the Xmen with Phalanx during the time Thor was fighting that alternate version of Gladiator.

carver9
Why doesn't beating his face in with Mjolnir not count? Is it that sudden revelation his vulnerable to magic or what have you?

Hulk beat him into the ground after redirecting his laser vision with his bare hands IIRC. Black Bolt was winning in a hand to hand encounter. Tyrant raped him. During Vulcan's reign as Emperor, an alien creature that was powered by it's race kicked his ass and broke his arm I think. Probably one or two more examples I'm forgetting.

Rage, come on. You know why Glads lost that fight with Hulk. The writer pretty much made it plain and clear that Hulk was going to win due to him losing against Supes and Glads radiation weakness was out there.

Then you bring up Gladiator fighting an alien that was empowered by every being of his race...1000's if not millions of beings.

Not a good example imo.

carver9

Philosophía
Just because they're similar doesn't mean the effect is the same.

Arbitrarily choosing what's legitimate and what's not is trolling.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Surfer pretyy much got one shotted by Max who amped the same way this guy did/does. Not a legitament feat to use imo.

That's not going to fly.

Rage, come on. You know why Glads lost that fight with Hulk. The writer pretty much made it plain and clear that Hulk was going to win due to him losing against Supes and Glads radiation weakness was out there.

Then you bring up Gladiator fighting an alien that was empowered by every being of his race...1000's if not millions of beings.

Not a good example imo.

What? Gladiator lose is partially a result of Clark beating Hulk? Reference or evidence for that theory? Hulk beat down Gladiator right after deflecting his heat vision IIRC.

Dmills asked for an example of Gladiator losing physically, and I referenced such an example. Gladiator can stick to fighting a being empowered by the thousands. At least when Thor starts losing to an entity like that, it's one empowered by billions and billions of beings.

carver9
That's not going to fly.

What? Gladiator lose is partially a result of Clark beating Hulk? Reference or evidence for that theory? Hulk beat down Gladiator right after deflecting his heat vision IIRC.

Dmills asked for an example of Gladiator losing physically, and I referenced such an example. Gladiator can stick to fighting a being empowered by the thousands. At least when Thor starts losing to an entity like that, it's one empowered by billions and billions of beings.

Rage, why do you keep bringing Thor up when I have told you countless of times that Thor would get a healthy majority against Gladiator? I don't understand you.

The point that I am trying to make is that guy was amped and he had to be amped to insane levels for him to tank attacks from a trans level energy manipulator.

Weakness exploiting had a lot to do with the Hulk and Glads fight more than not. Hell, Glads has been dropped by his radiation while being a couple of feat from it which is how far it was during this fight.

carver9

Philosophía
Superman sends a meager heat vision projectile, similar to Corsair's pistol, and knocks Gladiator out.

biker

dmills

Hulk beat him into the ground after redirecting his laser vision with his bare hands IIRC. Black Bolt was winning in a hand to hand encounter. Tyrant raped him. During Vulcan's reign as Emperor, an alien creature that was powered by it's race kicked his ass and broke his arm I think. Probably one or two more examples I'm forgetting. I gotcha. I just mean a straight up fight more along the lines of Thor vs Hulk in Thor #385. A slugfest if you will.

carver9

Philosophía
Unless Gladiator exposess him to enough kryptonite radiation just short of killing him and then shoots him with enough red sun radiation to depower him completly beforehand, Superman throws that back to Gladiator, who breaks his wrist trying to catch it, loses confidence and dies.

-Pr-
Thor and Hulk was available. Thanos chose some of the most powerful beings in the universe for his clones...hell, he even got dna from big G himself. Why did he chose Gladiator out of all the beings flying around the universe?

How do you know they were available? I didn't see it stated in the comic, unless i'm mistaken.

You're trolling again, Carver.

batdude123

carver9
How do you know they were available? I didn't see it stated in the comic, unless i'm mistaken.

You're trolling again, Carver.

I'm just playing. I don't know if Philo is playing.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rage, why do you keep bringing Thor up when I have told you countless of times that Thor would get a healthy majority against Gladiator? I don't understand you.

The point that I am trying to make is that guy was amped and he had to be amped to insane levels for him to tank attacks from a trans level energy manipulator.

Weakness exploiting had a lot to do with the Hulk and Glads fight more than not. Hell, Glads has been dropped by his radiation while being a couple of feat from it which is how far it was during this fight.

Because he asked for Gladiator physically losing.

I know he was amped, so does everyone else, I made it clear in the very post I referenced the fight. That doesn't change that it happened. Vulcan wasn't trans level in terms of power.

I'm almost certain that Hulk had already defeated him and was beating him to death before they the reactor was mentioned. It happened right after he powered through, and reflected his laser vision.

Superfanboy
Luthor did not knew supes can breath in space so he provided air but big blue did not need it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.