Wonder Woman VS Ms Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Wonder Woman VS Ms Marvel

current versions of both. no prep.

Deadline
speedblitz.

Don Corleone
WW, too many options.

Edit : nvr did not hack my account. This is Face.

Hyperion Prime
Wonder Woman would destroy her MS. Marvel can only come close to her if she is Binary.

roughrider
Carol would give it her best, and has a few advantages, but Wonder Woman would clearly best her.

Harbinger
Diana with little problem.

Grinning Goku
Wonder Woman. LOL Carol doesn't have a chance.

Scarlet315
Wonder Woman would win...but Ms. Marvel is hotter!

marwash22
OP says current versions. Is Wondy back to being at full power? If not, Carol spanks that ass.

iceman24567
Originally posted by marwash22
OP says current versions. Is Wondy back to being at full power? If not, Carol spanks that ass. You kinky boy

Q99
OP says current versions. Is Wondy back to being at full power? If not, Carol spanks that ass.

Her power is increasing with every issue. Latest issue she's using superspeed again.

Also, JLA 80-page specials and others have been showing her at full.

So... maybe? It's not entirely clear at what percentage of full she's at.

marwash22
that's actually good to hear. I'm still not a fan of the character, but I didn't understand why they'd neuter her in the first place.

JakeTheBank
To appease a vast minority of "fans" who could never get into the character and felt her costume was impractical for a warrior princess. Starfire is a warrior princess....look at her costume. The current direction is pretty bleh, but I do support DC moving Diana back up to the big leagues where she belongs.

I would say, though, that current Diana hasn't shown really anything beyond lasso use that is beyond Carol at this point.

Q99
that's actually good to hear. I'm still not a fan of the character, but I didn't understand why they'd neuter her in the first place.

It's a weird idea that comic companies sometimes have that less powerful = more interesting. Or that they should 'start at square one' rather than build on what's already there. It's been done to WW before even- the Martial Artist/Mod era back in the 70s. I wonder when it'll occur to them to try the opposite- if you want to have people check out WW more, have her more involved with the wider world/other heroes. Like Infinite Crisis, people were interested because the trinity played a big role and her sales were the highest in decades.

The JMS issues were a weird middle ground where they didn't even take advantage of her status at all to tell different stories to boot, but acted like we were supposed to be excited when she got specific powers back. The new writer is a big step up, actually showing her do stuff like beat opponents easily she had trouble with a few issues ago, and what the whole deal is- evil goddesses are trying to turn her into an evil goddess as well. You know, showing things that have a point, with the depowering thing being tossed more and more on the wayside.

StyleTime
Carol spanks that ass.
I'd read it.
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
To appease a vast minority of "fans" who could never get into the character and felt her costume was impractical for a warrior princess. Starfire is a warrior princess....look at her costume.
It's possible that both of their outfits are retarded.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by StyleTime
It's possible that both of their outfits are retarded.

Diana's classic costume, while tweaked here and there, had really nothing wrong with it. There was no need to change it. Starfire comes from a society where stuff like sensuality/sexuality isn't really frowned upon or treated like some kind of huge deal.

Q99
Btw, in the latest issue, the current costume lost the silly jacket and gained a cape.

JakeTheBank
Word. I recall reading somewhere that her costume will evolve through the issues, which is cool I guess, but Wonder Woman's iconography shouldn't be needlessly changed for the sake of appeasing a group of people who didn't really like Diana to begin with. A lot of the pro-JMS direction letters I've read had people express that they felt Diana used to come off as very haughty and disdainful of humans, which, outside of like...a handful of specific instances, makes absolutely no sense.

StyleTime
Diana's classic costume, while tweaked here and there, had really nothing wrong with it. There was no need to change it. Starfire comes from a society where stuff like sensuality/sexuality isn't really frowned upon or treated like some kind of huge deal.
I recognize I am but one person, and comic companies needn't appease me specifically; however, I still think both their outfits look rediculous. Even though Wonder Woman's new outfit isn't perfect, I consider it an improvement. I wouldn't mind Starfire's being altered either. Her sister's looks a lot better.

Q99
Word. I recall reading somewhere that her costume will evolve through the issues, which is cool I guess, but Wonder Woman's iconography shouldn't be needlessly changed for the sake of appeasing a group of people who didn't really like Diana to begin with. A lot of the pro-JMS direction letters I've read had people express that they felt Diana used to come off as very haughty and disdainful of humans, which, outside of like...a handful of specific instances, makes absolutely no sense.

Yea. It's one of the most obvious warning flags that someone doesn't 'get' Wonder Woman, she doesn't think herself better than anyone, merely stronger, and she'll talk to anyone as an equal. Superman gets the same flak.

Ironically the JMS Diana didn't show a hint of her normal humanness- she was just going around fighting evil guys with guns with nary an indication of humbleness in sight. She was 'aloof badass'.

Heck, she worked at McDonalds once and apologized to her boss for failing to fill the noble role of food preparation in order to go do superheroing once! A bit odd, but totally in-character for her point of view.

roughrider
It's good that JMS is off Diana's title. His time at DC has been one big 'Meh'. Nothing like the excitement connected with his Marvel work.
The costume change got headlines for a day, but nothing after that.

As far as the debate about their traditional look - Wonder Woman may have many practical problems with her costume, but Carol's costume makes no sense at all! Nothing but an excuse for cheesecake with the leather boots and gloves, plus the unnecessary mask...

Power Girl looks better than either of them. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.