Captain Atom Vs Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

JakeTheBank
Mary Marvel once beat the ever loving shit out of Captain Atom with her bare hands. Based on that, Captain Atom.

durlaugh

Q99
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Mary Marvel once beat the ever loving shit out of Captain Atom with her bare hands. Based on that, Captain Atom.

durlaugh

That series was retconned into non-canon (since it had goodMax Lord), though that wasn't the intent when it was written. And to be fair, Mary was Bloodlusted and Nate was trying to talk her down.

That said, Black Adam very solidly.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Q99
That series was retconned into non-canon (since it had goodMax Lord), though that wasn't the intent when it was written. And to be fair, Mary was Bloodlusted and Nate was trying to talk her down.

That said, Black Adam very solidly.

Of course. That scene stuck with me, though. Lol.

I think if this Captain used his versatility against Adam instead of trying to slug it out or keep Adam from pressing the advantage and the fight devolving into a slug fest, he could win. And iirc, in the Action Comics back ups he was in, Atom showed the ability to absorb magical energy, which could be useful if Adam uses his lightning.

Stoic
Black Adam wins, Atom's problem is his containment suit. Very good fight though.

Q99
On a good day Atom can make it a rough fight, on a poor day it ends fast.

BattleMage
BA 9/10

marwash22
damn. Atom gets no respect.

Q99
Originally posted by marwash22
damn. Atom gets no respect.

The problem is he's consistently gotten little enough respect from the writers for so long that his good showings really are the outliers.

SevenShackles
black adam beats him until he explodes...

Digi
Originally posted by Q99
That series was retconned into non-canon (since it had goodMax Lord),

Really? They seem to be referencing that team a lot in the JLA Generation Lost arc out right now. Is it really non-canon? I enjoyed that arc. Maybe time travel shenanigans nixed it, but otherwise Max could've just changed.

Q99
Originally posted by Digi
Really? They seem to be referencing that team a lot in the JLA Generation Lost arc out right now. Is it really non-canon? I enjoyed that arc. Maybe time travel shenanigans nixed it, but otherwise Max could've just changed.

The "I can't believe it's not justice league"?

General Lost would be referencing the same original JLI team it referenced, but not the team in that book. It was two minis (one part of JLA Classified), the first of which came out not long before Countdown to Infinite Crisis, and the other actually after. Max would've been deeply involved in Checkmate at the time, to say the very least.

Black bolt z
Adam

Digi
Originally posted by Q99
The "I can't believe it's not justice league"?

General Lost would be referencing the same original JLI team it referenced, but not the team in that book. It was two minis (one part of JLA Classified), the first of which came out not long before Countdown to Infinite Crisis, and the other actually after. Max would've been deeply involved in Checkmate at the time, to say the very least.

Ah.. well. W/e. It was a fun arc. Not really a point to it, but very amusing.

Hyperion Prime
Black Adam takes this in a semi-tough fight. 9/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.