Wolverine VS Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Wolverine VS Wonder Woman

2 weeks of prep with batman who gives logan detailed info on all of
diana's weaknesses and how to go about fighting and defeating her. diana does not have her lasso.

2 scenarios

1. at night in a forest

2. in the danger room with holographic sentinels attacking wonder woman during the fight

Lord Feron
If batman can somehow give wolverine a suit to amp his stats to herald category then sure.

Harbinger
*Cue the Diana lowballing*

Deadline
speedblitz

srankmissingnin
Wolverine wins scenario one 10/10 via stealth ambush. WW wins scenario two 10/10 via effortless speed blitz.

JakeTheBank
Current or Classic Diana?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine wins scenario one 10/10 via stealth ambush. WW wins scenario two 10/10 via effortless speed blitz.
Unless Diana is asleep when this 'stealth ambush' happens, he's not getting 10/10 or even 5/10. She fought the JLA blindfolded: it being night matters little.

chomperx9
if Logan can take some Hits from Hulk then he can take some from Diana

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Unless Diana is asleep when this 'stealth ambush' happens, he's not getting 10/10 or even 5/10. She fought the JLA blindfolded: it being night matters little.

Wolverine, in the forest at night? She might as well be fighting a ghost. Stealth ambush one shot 10/10. Easy.

Q99
Even current Diana is... well, here are some scans:
WW610 page 16

WW610 page 19

She's pretty strong and fast again, and her skills are good as always.

Wolverine, in the forest at night? She might as well be fighting a ghost. Stealth ambush one shot 10/10. Easy.

Yea, she's fought ghosts before, and fights blind often enough. Nor would his claws one-shot her, simply put stab wounds don't stop her, she's been impaled, slashed, stabbed, by people like gods plenty of times. Her bones are tough enough that I don't think he could cut through those either.

marwash22
Originally posted by Harbinger
*Cue the Diana lowballing* *Cue the Wolverine masturbation*

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, she's fought ghosts before, and fights blind often enough. Nor would his claws one-shot her, simply put stab wounds don't stop her, she's been impaled, slashed, stabbed, by people like gods plenty of times. Her bones are tough enough that I don't think he could cut through those either.

So has Cyclops, I guess Wolverine can't ambush him either! dur

Wovlerine is a master of stealth, Wonder Woman wont hear him coming and he will get the off the first attack. Unless Wolverine completely squanders that advantage and purposely lands a non lethal blow, he one shots her. He opens her jugular or anyone of dozens of arteries and the fight is over before it starts.

What ghost are you talking about anyway? Gentleman Ghost?

Parmaniac
What ghost are you talking about anyway? Gentleman Ghost? Patrick Swayze

Q99
So has Cyclops, I guess Wolverine can't ambush him either! dur

And has Cyclops done so with zero loss of fighting ability? Lack of vision doesn't even effect her. The two aren't even remotely on the same level.

Don't forget one of Wonder Woman's arch enemies, Cheetah, is a master of stealth who's favored tactics include ambush. She's pretty darn used to sneaky types.

Eh, that won't stop her. Healing factor, can fight with bloodloss no biggie, etc..

No way he's getting a jugular though. Backshot I can see, but that'd require getting too close.

Oh, plenty of ghosts. Earlier in the current storyline she fought a bunch of underworld spirit type things.

SasuOna
Batman is a master of stealth and hes way better at being sneaky then Wolverine and he can't sneak up or beat Wonder Woman like that.

Mindset
Originally posted by SasuOna
Batman is a master of stealth and hes way better at being sneaky then Wolverine and he can't sneak up or beat Wonder Woman like that. He's not better than Wolverine at stealth.

Wolverine has snuck up on Daredevil and Spiderman iirc.

Q99
Originally posted by Mindset
He's not better than Wolverine at stealth.

Nor is he particularly worse.

Philosophía
Batman has snuck up on Superman.

Tha C-Master

Wolverine has snuck up on Daredevil and Spiderman iirc. Dunno, Bats has snuck up on Superman.

Into Spectre's place and on MM.

Wolverine can't sneak up on Spider-Man. Honestly it is all PIS, Batman's example too. I have a hard time with the DD one too, since DD can detect heartbeats.

Mindset

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
Nor is he particularly worse. Nor did I say he was.

batdude123

You got jokes, kid?

Color me not impressed.

Q99
Nor did I say he was.

Exactly. If one of them can be noticed by someone, the other probably won't do better against that someone.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
Exactly. If one of them can be noticed by someone, the other probably won't do better against that someone. Which has nothing to do with my post...

Philosophía
Superman can't even breathe in space.

Color me not impressed. Originally posted by HaSon
http://i53.tinypic.com/2q3zrdj.jpg

MEET ME SOMEWHERE!

Mindset
laughing out loud

Q99
Which has nothing to do with my post...

It's why the subject of the two's stealth was brought up. Try and follow the discussion.

Mindset
Batman is a master of stealth and hes way better at being sneaky then Wolverine Originally posted by Mindset

Wolverine has snuck up on Daredevil and Spiderman iirc.
The part I was addressing.
Originally posted by Q99
It's why the subject of the two's stealth was brought up. Try and follow the discussion. So what's it like being a simpleton?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99
And has Cyclops done so with zero loss of fighting ability? Lack of vision doesn't even effect her. The two aren't even remotely on the same level.

The rest of your post notwithstanding, yes, he has. He's actually lived blind.

Not saying his hearing or anything or else is on her level, but he's more than adjusted to being blind.

wonder stomp

Philosophía
Wolverine can't even sneak up on a deer.

Q99
The part I was addressing.
So what's it like being a simpleton?

Yea, I know that's what you were addressing. That in turn was part of a prior conversation.

Again, pay attention.

Originally posted by -Pr-
The rest of your post notwithstanding, yes, he has. He's actually lived blind.

Not saying his hearing or anything or else is on her level, but he's more than adjusted to being blind.

He's adjusted very well but lacking those super senses there's still a difference. Diana's other senses let her do the Matt Murdock thing, on the other hand.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, I know that's what you were addressing. That in turn was part of a prior conversation.

Again, pay attention.

So if you knew what I was discussing, why did you reply with something that was irrelevant to what I was talking about?

Life of a simpleton must be enjoyable.

StiltmanFTW

Q99
So if you knew what I was discussing, why did you reply with something that was irrelevant to what I was talking about?

Because this is a thread about a subject and it was relevant to the topic at hand.

You don't get the concept of a multi-person discussion, do you?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2271/deersneakyy8.jpg

stick out tongue The last bubble of the last panel is priceless.

Prep-Man
Batman > Wolvie at stealth.

WW > Wolverine.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
The last bubble of the last panel is priceless.

thumb up

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
Because this is a thread about a subject and it was relevant to the topic at hand.

You don't get the concept of a multi-person discussion, do you? Wolverine can definitely sneak up on a deer.

Prep-Man
BTW, here are some stealth feats for Bats.

http://agent0x7.tripod.com/dkstealth.html

Philosophía
*snip

stick out tongue We both know the deer let him do it, to feed his ego.

I mean look how happy the little guy is, like he just beat the Hulk or something.

StiltmanFTW

srankmissingnin
Batman is a master of stealth and hes way better at being sneaky then Wolverine and he can't sneak up or beat Wonder Woman like that.

Batman has sneaked up on Diana, and if he had the means to take her out in one shot he would take her in this scenario just like Wolverine will.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Q99

Don't forget one of Wonder Woman's arch enemies, Cheetah, is a master of stealth who's favored tactics include ambush. She's pretty darn used to sneaky types.

Eh, that won't stop her. Healing factor, can fight with bloodloss no biggie, etc..

No way he's getting a jugular though. Backshot I can see, but that'd require getting too close.

Oh, plenty of ghosts. Earlier in the current storyline she fought a bunch of underworld spirit type things.

Cheetah has got the drop on Diana more than once, and she isn't on the same level as Wolverine or Batman are in stealth. Not even close.

Opened arteries are enough to get a 10 count ko against WW, her healing factor isn't that fast.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99
He's adjusted very well but lacking those super senses there's still a difference. Diana's other senses let her do the Matt Murdock thing, on the other hand.

I never stated otherwise.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Prep-Man
BTW, here are some stealth feats for Bats.

http://agent0x7.tripod.com/dkstealth.html

I wouldn't say that White Martian had a "hard time" finding Brucey.

Q99
Cheetah has got the drop on Diana more than once, and she isn't on the same level as Wolverine or Batman are in stealth. Not even close.

That's arguable. MaleCheetah snuck up on Superman, the Cheetah spirit is literally a jungle god, and the speed factor means not taking as much time nearby before striking, reducing the chances of being caught. Even if we assume less skills, and the skills definitely are pretty high, the difficulty of preventing an ambush from her is much higher.

What happens is she gets stabbed, then punches Wolverine into next week, then applies pressure to the artery before she has a chance to get woozy. Blood loss takes time.

And bleeding does stop very fast for her. Wounds going away takes awhile, but just the flow stopping and scabbing over happens quite rapidly, normally before the end of a fight, even for a major bleeding wound.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Q99
That's arguable. MaleCheetah snuck up on Superman, the Cheetah spirit is literally a jungle god, and the speed factor means not taking as much time nearby before striking, reducing the chances of being caught. Even if we assume less skills, and the skills definitely are pretty high, the difficulty of preventing an ambush from her is much higher.

Batman sneaked up a Cheetah and oneshoted her. There is a pretty noticeable disparity in ability between the two. Cheeeta's stealth is college sports team good, Wolverine is Major Leagues MVP good. The two aren't in the same ball park.

Originally posted by Q99
What happens is she gets stabbed, then punches Wolverine into next week, then applies pressure to the artery before she has a chance to get woozy. Blood loss takes time.

Then Wolverine is knocked make into the safe camouflage of the forest while Diana bleeds out in the next 60 seconds (and unconscious in 1/4 of that)? A person can pass out in seconds from blood lose due to a severed major artery (depending on the artery) and die in a round a minute. If Wolverine opens an artery he wins.

He could also sever her spinal cord.

Originally posted by Q99
And bleeding does stop very fast for her. Wounds going away takes awhile, but just the flow stopping and scabbing over happens quite rapidly, normally before the end of a fight, even for a major bleeding wound.

We aren't talking about stomach wounds or other types of puncture wounds that can take hours or days to be lethal even to normal human, we are talking about attacks that relatively speaking would result in nearly instant death or ko.

Sr J-Bieb
Batman has sneaked up on Diana, and if he had the means to take her out in one shot he would take her in this scenario just like Wolverine will. Ya but Batman is the stealthiest character in comics. No comparison.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Ya but Batman is the stealthiest character in comics. No comparison.

I don't believe he's the stealthiest erm

srankmissingnin
Ya but Batman is the stealthiest character in comics. No comparison.

Other than Wolverine maybe. cool

Only Wolverine does his stealth feats in bright yellow spandex without gear designed for it.

Sr J-Bieb
I don't believe he's the stealthiest erm Who else has snuck up on Superman, Darkseid, Wonder Woman, snuck into Spectre's palace, etc?

Batman could sneak up on Wolverine while they're facing each other in a 2 foot wide, 3 foot tall hallway.

StiltmanFTW

Only Wolverine does his stealth feats without gear.

You think Wayne is second to Logan in that department?

Good point.

Who else has snuck up on Superman, Darkseid, Wonder Woman, snuck into Spectre's palace, etc?

Batman could sneak up on Wolverine while they're facing each other in a 2 foot wide, 3 foot tall hallway.

Never seen WW feat embarrasment

Sr J-Bieb

Only Wolverine does his stealth feats in bright yellow spandex without gear designed for it. And Batman is a 'normal' human with no special powers, and a big ass cape.

she flies above tree level then finds a mountain to dump on the forest

StiltmanFTW
And Batman is a 'normal' human with no special powers, and a big ass cape.

Big ass cape that shields him from everything from telepathy to Infinity Gauntlet biscuits

Q99
Normal people. Not Diana. One minute after that and the wound is closed and she's back in good shape.

She's gotten impaled strait through the torso and had it closed in a minute. Two large wounds visibly pouring blood on either side of her, and it stopped on it's own.

An artery, if she does nothing it'll still close well before she's out, if she puts pressure on it to stop the bleeding, it'll happen faster. And she can keep fighting during this time, mind you. No dropping unconscious or anything, she'll keep after Logan.

Her skeleton's about as tough as Superman's. No chance there, his claws aren't slicing through that.

Her skin and flesh is, while more cuttable than most people of her power level, still rather dense and tough, and her bones aren't any less resilient than other herald levels.

Yea, those aren't instant death or KO to her. They're just painful and stuff she's taken before.

Blood loss won't drop her fast, that's not an instant KO. No cut artery or pierced kidney will stop her. The organs that actually could one shot her are protected by bones.

Her ability to keep fighting despite being majorly cut up is rather high too- it takes a huge amount of damage to drop her, difficulty of inflicting the damage aside.

SasuOna
The point is Wolverine has powers and Batman has no powers and he still has way better stealth feats then Wolverine.
If Batman can't sneak up on Wonder Woman without using prep then what chance does Wolverine have? none

Hyperion Prime
Wolverine first scenario
10/10

2nd scenario wolverine 10/10

Prep-Man
Originally posted by SasuOna The point is Wolverine has powers and Batman has no powers and he still has way better stealth feats then Wolverine. If Batman can't sneak up on Wonder Woman without using prep then what chance does Wolverine have? none

qft.

StiltmanFTW
Brucey has the utility bealt, though.

Zack Fair
Diana could always do the blitz to KO and there will be nothing Wolvie can do about it. Wonderman showed Logan can't take several heavy hits one after another.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Diana could always do the blitz to KO and there will be nothing Wolvie can do about it. Wonderman showed Logan can't take several heavy hits one after another.

WW combat speed never impressed me. Feel free to post the scans.

And Logan said he could have still taken Simon cool

Prep-Man
when has the utility belt helped with stealth. if ww is using her speed, wolvie would be like a statue to her.

StiltmanFTW
when has the utility belt helped with stealth. if ww is using her speed, wolvie would be like a statue to her.

Most of his stealth feats take place off-panel. He most likely used his silly bat-gadgets to disable the alarms, etc.

Ha. No, it wouldn't be like that at all. DC superheroes' speed may be wanked all the time, but we all can see that's not their average performance.

Prep-Man
unless its actually stated, the utility belt wasnt used for stealth. and ww on average has many speed feats in and out of battle.

StiltmanFTW
unless its actually stated, the utility belt wasnt used for stealth.

It's pretty obvious he'd fail without it.

and ww on average has many speed feats in and out of battle.

Really? Like what?

Omega Vision
It's pretty obvious he'd fail without it.

Really? Like what?
Well...like every other appearance has her casually blocking automatic fire (often from multiple directions) with her bracers.

Prep-Man
its not obvious because most writers say he has just the basic items in his utility belt. its a misconception that bruce crarrieseverything with him.

ww has raced bart into the speed force and managed capture wally with her lasso. wolverine wont be tagging her at all.

Mindset
When did WW race Bart into the speedforce?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99
Her skeleton's about as tough as Superman's.

Based on?

Q99
Not Bart, she raced Jesse Quick to the edge of the speed force and caught her with the lasso.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Based on?

Her durability, ability to withstand impact, etc. etc.. Unlike her skin, it's shown no vulnerability to being more easily cut or what have you, it takes hits just as well as Kryptonians do.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Based on?
Emphasis on 'about as'.

Her blunt durability is on par with that of other Top Tiers more or less.

JakeTheBank
Lol at Wolverine winning either scenario 10/10.

Don Corleone
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lol at Wolverine winning either scenario 10/10.

lol @ Wolverine being used in the same sentence as Diana.

long pig
Funny thing is Wolvie doesn't need amps to be able to gut ww. Her speed saves her ass in this scenario. Cuz he has her greatest weakness literally in the palm of his hand....sharp things. How stupid is that for a high herald to have as its kryptonite? Sharp stuff. A normal guy with a pocket knife could waste the *****.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Don Corleone lol @ Wolverine being used in the same sentence as Diana.

Lol indeed.

Q99
Originally posted by long pig
Funny thing is Wolvie doesn't need amps to be able to gut ww. Her speed saves her ass in this scenario. Cuz he has her greatest weakness literally in the palm of his hand....sharp things. How stupid is that for a high herald to have as its kryptonite? Sharp stuff. A normal guy with a pocket knife could waste the *****.

Not really.

http://www.amazonarchives.com/Images/ww10p1.JPG

Diana grabbing an enchanted spear-head wielded by mildly super-strong people (other Amazons). No damage.

And when she does get stabbed? Due to her high constitution and healing factor, being sliced up and run through doesn't actually take her down unless there's a lot of it. A lot more than a normal person from equivalent wounds, and nor do blades have a tendancy to go as deep through her as other people.

An example is when she attacked Genocide, who's made from her own body btw, with her enchanted axe. This axe beheaded Ares and has been effective against other gods. She buried it in Genocide's shoulder and then used her bracers to slam down on it to make it go deeper. Did it cause damage? Yes. Did what happens when someone of Diana's strength slams a blade through someone of normal toughness happen? Hah, no smile She just had the inconvenience of an axe blade in her shoulder.

She is easier to hurt with blades than via other means. This does not mean she is easy to hurt, a key distinction, just that if you're a god, class 100 meta, or something, bringing a sword of some super strong material, preferably enchanted, is probably a good idea. It means she'll bleed more than otherwise and you'll inflict a bit more damage than a blunt attack, but it's like Superman vs Captain Marvel's punch or a non-magic foe of the same strength. Does CM punch do a bit more? Sure. Can Superman take a half dozen of them and keep coming either way? Also yes.

Diana is more vulnerable to stabbing in the sense that super-strong people with super-blades can make her bleed. Her resistance to it is still way superhuman.

Or in other words, blades are not remotely her kryptonite, and Logan's pretty screwed here. Any wound he can inflict, she can take.

tkitna
Superman can't even breathe in space.

Color me not impressed.

laughing

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Q99 Not really. http://www.amazonarchives.com/Images/ww10p1.JPG Diana grabbing an enchanted spear-head wielded by mildly super-strong people (other Amazons). No damage. And when she does get stabbed? Due to her high constitution and healing factor, being sliced up and run through doesn't actually take her down unless there's a lot of it. A lot more than a normal person from equivalent wounds, and nor do blades have a tendancy to go as deep through her as other people. An example is when she attacked Genocide, who's made from her own body btw, with her enchanted axe. This axe beheaded Ares and has been effective against other gods. She buried it in Genocide's shoulder and then used her bracers to slam down on it to make it go deeper. Did it cause damage? Yes. Did what happens when someone of Diana's strength slams a blade through someone of normal toughness happen? Hah, no smile She just had the inconvenience of an axe blade in her shoulder

good point. just read jla planetary and diana was guted a couple times by jakita but still fought on and won. alternate ww but still.

Batman-Prime
WW stomps, hard and fast. Without PIS and CIS.

In a comic book though, she would have a hard time before kicking Logans ass.

-Pr-
Tempted to close this for spite. mmm

Superfanboy
Batman Prime
Why is Superman Giving Thing a hand job in your avatar?

kevdude
The point is Wolverine has powers and Batman has no powers and he still has way better stealth feats then Wolverine.
If Batman can't sneak up on Wonder Woman without using prep then what chance does Wolverine have? none

Yup, pretty much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.