wolverine vs symbiotes (please read + reply ASAP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jay-z94
hi folks! just wondering is it possible for wolverine to beat any of the symbiotes (venom, carnage, anti venom, toxin)? I read a post by someone, saying that deathstroke could cut of anti venoms head with his promethium sword and win a non prep fight. if this is true, why couldn't logan do the same or stab them in the head with his ADAMANTIUM claws? or couldn't he just outlast them with his superior healing and stamina or just go berserker? so the question is, COULD he beat them in a one on one? or maybe with prep and use venom or carnages weakness aginst them (people underestimate wolverine intelligence). Sorry the op is quite long, this question has been bugging me smile thank you

Tha C-Master
I'd not give him anywhere near the majority, especially on Carnage and Toxin. Not in a straight up fight, he'd be boned. With a plot device he could win, but not on a KMC fight.

SamZED
Symbiotes are too much imo. Got the speed, durability, HF and very versatile. And while most people judge them going by "Spider-man beats them all the time" he almost never does it without prep or help.

jay-z94
good points here, but i dont get how some people will take deathstroke over wolverine in beating the symbiotes with or without prep. also, would wolverine kill the host in venom or anti venom if he got a clean stab to their head?

SamZED
No, it wouldnt kill the host. Might not even reach the host if say Venom chooses to increase his mass.

I also dont get why would anyone take Deathstroke over Wolverine when fighting symbiotes. Slade will only do better than Logan if he's got prep. If he tries to fight using his sword only he's gonna get eaten.

Uriel005
Originally posted by SamZED
Symbiotes are too much imo. Got the speed, durability, HF and very versatile. And while most people judge them going by "Spider-man beats them all the time" he almost never does it without prep or help. Agreed Venom in his heyday was an absolute monster and I'd probably go as far as backing him in a fistfight with the colossus of his day.

Originally posted by jay-z94
hi folks! just wondering is it possible for wolverine to beat any of the symbiotes (venom, carnage, anti venom, toxin)? I read a post by someone, saying that deathstroke could cut of anti venoms head with his promethium sword and win a non prep fight. if this is true, why couldn't logan do the same or stab them in the head with his ADAMANTIUM claws? or couldn't he just outlast them with his superior healing and stamina or just go berserker? so the question is, COULD he beat them in a one on one? or maybe with prep and use venom or carnages weakness aginst them (people underestimate wolverine intelligence). Sorry the op is quite long, this question has been bugging me smile thank you the problem there is that deathstroke cant take a majority from symbiotes and would end up with his sword shove up his ass and no, a clean blow wouldnt kill the host or the symbiote

jay-z94
is their ANYWAY that wolvie could beat venom with or without prep? take all of the points in the OP into consideration.
p.s. i get it that the symbiotes take the majority smile

srankmissingnin
is their ANYWAY that wolvie could beat venom with or without prep? take all of the points in the OP into consideration.
p.s. i get it that the symbiotes take the majority smile

Once a symbiote absorbs too much damage, it starts to lose mass and leave areas of the host unprotected and vulnerable to conventional injury... it's just not likely that Wolverine could push Venom/Carnage/Toxin/Anti-venom, to this stage before he is incapacitated himself.

Anyway Wolverine > partially bonded Flash Thompson Venom. 10/10 cool

jay-z94
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Once a symbiote absorbs too much damage, it starts to lose mass and leave areas of the host unprotected and vulnerable to conventional injury... it's just not likely that Wolverine could push Venom/Carnage/Toxin/Anti-venom, to this stage before he is incapacitated himself.

since wolvie has more stamina and a better healing factor, it might be possible for wolvie to achieve this without getting incapacitated first. smile

inimalist

Anyway Wolverine > partially bonded Flash Thompson Venom. 10/10 cool

this venom has peaked my interest in ways the classic symbioses haven't done in years...

toxin always seemed dumb to me

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by inimalist
this venom has peaked my interest in ways the classic symbioses haven't done in years...

toxin always seemed dumb to me

That's because Flash Thompson is an interesting character who just happens to have a symbiote... which isn't true for any of the other hosts. cool

And Remender is a god.

That's because Flash Thompson is an interesting character who just happens to have a symbiote... which isn't true for any of the other hosts. cool

And Remender is a god. eddie brock is much more interesting than flash, hell gargan is more interesting than him

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
eddie brock is much more interesting than flash, hell gargan is more interesting than him

laughing

Where can I catch the rest of your stand up act?

laughing

Where can I catch the rest of your stand up act? things are what they are, flash is the most boring shit to come out of the spider mythos in a long time

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
things are what they are, flash is the most boring shit to come out of the spider mythos in a long time

laughing

Encore! Encore!

jay-z94
so is that it then, there is 100% no way that wolvie can beat venom in a prep or no prep match?

srankmissingnin
so is that it then, there is 100% no way that wolvie can beat venom in a prep or no prep match?

He can beat Venom in a prep match, most people can, he has pretty easily exploitable weaknesses.

jay-z94
would he be able to get his claws on some devices to take out venom in prep match? what about a marginal win in a non prep match?

muramasa blade would kill the symbiote and the host. incendiaries adn sonics are the other way to go, but symbiotes have shown varying levels pf tolerancve to those weaknesses. going by their highest showings it's like they have no weakness at all. outside weakness exploitation, any weapon powerfull enough to destroy a chunk of a city should put them down too and logan could come up with those.

laughing

Encore! Encore! it is plausible for wolverine to take wonder woman out by sneaking up on her in a forest at night

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
it is plausible for wolverine to take wonder woman out by sneaking up on her in a forest at night

Duh, obviously.

SamZED
He can beat Venom in a prep match, most people can, he has pretty easily exploitable weaknesses. Pretty much. Although he's imune to fire these days and got a good resistance to sonic. Would take some serious tech.

jay-z94
thanks for the responses fellas! smile
i have more questions. daken(with muramasa claw) vs venom (or maybe even carnage and anti venom) i think daken has same physical attributes as wolverine.
And fully upgraded sabretooth with adamantium vs venom. i believe upgraded sabes is physically superior to wolvie (including speed, strength, agility, durability, stamina). he is said to be faster than spidey... plus he is more animalistic than wolvie. i'm gonna be quiet now and leave this to the experts smile

daken can win, sabertooth would get wrecked

Parmaniac
He can beat Venom in a prep match, most people can, he has pretty easily exploitable weaknesses. Good luck with that with Anti Venom haw-som

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I'd not give him anywhere near the majority, especially on Carnage and Toxin. Not in a straight up fight, he'd be boned. With a plot device he could win, but not on a KMC fight.
agreed. aside from gargan venom, who an idiot. He really has no chance of taking any sort of majority in kmc battle.

Though to be fair neither does spiderman or pretty much anyone at those levels. Power wise the symbiots are on another level.

inimalist
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
agreed. aside from gargan venom, who an idiot. He really has no chance of taking any sort of majority in kmc battle

though, Gargan venom did kill spiderman and use the symbiote in some creative ways Brock didn't normally (the tendrils and such).

I can't say I'd give wolv the majority against gargan venom, stupid or not

Dum Dum Dugan
though, Gargan venom did kill spiderman and use the symbiote in some creative ways Brock didn't normally (the tendrils and such).

I can't say I'd give wolv the majority against gargan venom, stupid or not
I would if you go by the vast majority of his showings instead of the very limited high showings.

He was terrified of bullseye, daken one shotted him ect.

For every high showing he has, he has 4 low showings to take it place. Consistency does matter, and gargan is consistently a putz. He would go at wolverine in melee like he always does and try to pound wolverine into a KO, and will fail miserably at it.

Also when did gargan kill spiderman?

inimalist
ha, ya, fair enough

He did have a really good showing in Beyond smile, but was really weak as a member of the TB/DA, true

Also when did gargan kill spiderman?

Beyond 1, iirc. There is some weirdness to it, but to my memory, it is a clean kill, just spidey gets ressurected in some strange way... or something

EDIT: what i mean is that he didn't kill a clone or an alt version, but at the same time, its not like he showed up in an issue of Amazing and handed it to Parker

Dum Dum Dugan
ha, ya, fair enough

He did have a really good showing in Beyond smile, but was really weak as a member of the TB/DA, true
lol.

yea he had some good showings like in his solo run. But he had so many bad showings.

I completely agree, if you went by his high showings he be to much for wolverine. But if you go by his consistant showings, his idiocy will lose it for him, more so then not.

He like the symbiot version of rhino.

Dum Dum Dugan

Beyond 1, iirc. There is some weirdness to it, but to my memory, it is a clean kill, just spidey gets ressurected in some strange way... or something

EDIT: what i mean is that he didn't kill a clone or an alt version, but at the same time, its not like he showed up in an issue of Amazing and handed it to Parker
Beyond 1? Never heard of it. Or I am having a bad memory lasp. What transpired in the run?

I love how so many popular characters have died like 5 times a piece lol.

Hyperion Prime
Wolverine stands no chance against any symbiotes. They can easily form a tendril or tendrils and go up in wolverines nose and mouth and carve up his brain. Hell they can even pull it out of his head/ he stands no chance.

inimalist
Beyond 1? Never heard of it. Or I am having a bad memory lasp. What transpired in the run?

series: beyond issue: 1

it was some weird thing where spiderman, venom, medusa and a bunch of people were transported to battleworld, I think the Beyonder was in it... I'll get scans of the fight, Gargan kills spidey and holds his own against Medusa, even shows high sonics resistance, its a good fight, I dont remember caring for the series though... that might be harsh... idk

I love how so many popular characters have died like 5 times a piece lol.

it pissed me off in The Other, because I was like OMG spiderman is going to die! and then he was back before the issue was done...

Dum Dum Dugan
series: beyond issue: 1

it was some weird thing where spiderman, venom, medusa and a bunch of people were transported to battleworld, I think the Beyonder was in it... I'll get scans of the fight, Gargan kills spidey and holds his own against Medusa, even shows high sonics resistance, its a good fight, I dont remember caring for the series though... that might be harsh... idk

Is this a new series?

Last time I read anything about battleworld is when wolveirne and sabre-tooth took on dead head and some other guy.

it pissed me off in The Other, because I was like OMG spiderman is going to die! and then he was back before the issue was done...
laughing I know and worse of all, he had stingers.......what spider has a singers?

He went from spiderman, to bugman lol.

inimalist
Is this a new series?

Last time I read anything about battleworld is when wolveirne and sabre-tooth took on dead head and some other guy.

from 2006

laughing I know and worse of all, he had stingers.......what spider has a singers?

He went from spiderman, to bugman lol.

ugh, I know, I've never had my childhood so throughly trounced in under 30 pages

Dum Dum Dugan
from 2006

ugh, I know, I've never had my childhood so throughly trounced in under 30 pages
I should pick it up, sounds interesting.

I know right :laugh. I was like wtf is spiderman doing with stingers. Though I thought the idea of organic webbing was grade A material and wonderful addition.

SamZED
Logan pops his claws, Gargan sh!ts himself and runs away. Seriously this guy is a joke, killing Spidey was the only good showing he had and its not even canon. There was one other book where he defeated Daken and Bullseye but that was PIS and apparently not canon as well lol In fact screw the claws I say Logan beats him with his bare fists.

jay-z94
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Wolverine stands no chance against any symbiotes. They can easily form a tendril or tendrils and go up in wolverines nose and mouth and carve up his brain. Hell they can even pull it out of his head/ he stands no chance.

couldn't wolverine just heal from anything they do?

srankmissingnin
couldn't wolverine just heal from anything they do?

Eventually, but if he is incapacitated for a 10 count then that constitutes a loss.

jay-z94
fair enough. however, eventually couldn't wolverine even incapacitate venom since wolvie has superior healing and stamina?

TheLordofMurder
Nimrod shows up and solos Wolvie and all the Symbiotes at the same time...

Happy Dance

fair enough. however, eventually couldn't wolverine even incapacitate venom since wolvie has superior healing and stamina? his own healing fatcir will be taxed and he'll be taken out of battle before he can do it to them. their damage ouptu is just plaing bigger, provided they fight intelligently

jay-z94
im sure those adamantium claws could pierce the symbiote causing alot of damage if he goes beserk... smile if the claws go through and pierce eddie's head, he screwed. what if wolvie had the muramasa blade vs venom?

srankmissingnin
im sure those adamantium claws could pierce the symbiote causing alot of damage if he goes beserk... smile if the claws go through and pierce eddie's head, he screwed. what if wolvie had the muramasa blade vs venom?

It's not like a peanut M&N, where the symbiote is the outer layer and the host is in the middle, they are one in the same. As long as the symbiote is completely covering the host, conventional damage is essentially nullified. It's like poking a bowl of jello with a pencil.

jay-z94
that is the case with venom only though. so anyway, what about wolvie with muramasa blade vs venom?

inimalist

what srank said, and:

I might agree that, in a situation where Venom just stood there and took shots from Wolv, he could probably eventually get him down...

but this is a 2v1, and Venom is the weakest link on the team...

Not only is wolverine at a disadvantage in terms of speed, strength, mobility, versatility, senses (symbiotes have the 360 vision, yes?), etc, he is also outnumbered.

this is probably as close to the "spite" line as possible without going over...

srankmissingnin
that is the case with venom only though. so anyway, what about wolvie with muramasa blade vs venom?

Muramasa should work in theory.

inimalist

vs just Venom alone?

probably wins 7-8, but I'm not sure if we can assume the blade would be as effective against a symbiote as it is against mutant HFs.

vs Venom/Carnage with the blade, he still loses, handily. Carnage probably lodges that blade someone pretty uncomfortable too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.