Defenders vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
The Beyonder decides to pit two powerful teams against each other so he takes the Defenders from The End and a Super team from an alternate universe, the JLA.
Team Defenders

Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, Namor, Captain Marv-el, Thanos, and Hulk

vs

Team JLA
Superman, Supergirl, Superboy, Wonder Woman, Flash, Batman, GL Jordan, Guy Gardener, Martian Manhunter

Fight takes place in the Marvel universe, but on an uninhabited planet with a yellow sun.

carver9
Thanos or Captain Marv-el solos.

Diesldude
6 against 9?
Going with Team2.

Bouboumaster
Man, who would be able to stop Thanos in team 2?

Thanos slaughter the **** of everyone in 1 vs 1, 2 vs 1 and potentially 3 vs 1. Also, again, he has the firepower in team 2 to stop Silver Surfer in 1 vs 1? MAYBE, MAYBE Hal Jordan, but that's all.

The fact is: this thread is spite against team 2.

byrdgang21
If this fight takes place in MU, wouldn't Flash be useless here? 8 vs 6. Team 2 wins.

classic strange? team 1 is severely outnumbered but they do have the 2 biggest guns in the battlefield... if it's classic strange they take it decisively, otherwise it would be difficult for them, they stalemate or maybe lose

tkitna
They dont need Strange to win.

Defenders easily

Sin I AM
honestly a non-jobbing classic strange solos imo

Sr J-Bieb
Classic Strange would get crushed by a couple people on team 2.

Originally posted by carver9
Thanos or Captain Marv-el solos. You don't even know what he's talking about...
You copied his typo, and it was Genis...

Lord Feron
Defenders

wildernesss
strange solos

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Classic Strange would get crushed by a couple people on team 2.

who?

Newjak
I really think this more in lines with 4 vs 7

There are some people in the scenario that aren't going to be much help.

Namely Batman is useless in this fight imo.

Namor, Hulk, and Superboy could all lend some kind of help but really are so outclassed or have too little versatility to be factors imo.

That leaves Flash, Superman, the GLS, MM, Supergirl, Wonder Woman vs Strange, Thanos, Mar-vel, and Surfer.

I think Marvel has the biggest guns with Strange and Thanos.

I also think they have the most versatile herald with Surfer.

And team DC does have some people with exploitable weaknesses.

While Wonder Woman could prove a possible hazard for Strange cause of her magic defense which may occupy Strange if Strange doesn't do some hardcore magic stuff.

and Dc does still have numbers though and I could see Superman/Supergirl/Flash giving Thanos a good challenge.

The only thing making this match hard to decide on is Thanos and Strange who could potentially wreck some of these people rather easily if given a chance to.

DARTH POWER
Thanos is serious over kill.. Get rid of him from team 1 and then we have a fight.

Juk3n
Batman vs Thanos?

Batman vs Surfer? What is the Bat even doing in this fight?

I$suckalot

Nihilist
Defenders in a stomp.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Juk3n
Batman vs Thanos?

Batman vs Surfer? What is the Bat even doing in this fight?
Duh, he's using the "Kill anyone even an Eternal and a Herald" gadget on his utility belt. Batman I think would have a some value for strategic purposes, but wouldn't be any us in the fight. Flash on the other hand would be about as useful as Helen Keller at titty bar.

I$suckalot

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by I$suckalot
This fight is wierd. But Strange, Namor, and Hulk are all killed by Flash real fast. They just don't have the reflexes or speed to do anything.

Do you have any idea how powerful Dr. Strange is?? He could possibly solo the whole League! Strange has automatic shielding, so he doesn't need the reflexes to react to the Flash.. Not to mention Flash wuldn't even know where Strange is (if he didnt want him to know) with his use of illusions.

And I dnt think Hulk can be killed.. Either way I seriously doubt a guy whose probably stronger than Superman would get one shotted by Flash.

I$suckalot

DARTH POWER
What does Hulk not being able to be killed have to do with anything? He can be KO'd.

You used the word kill.. But still I doubt someone whose arguably even stronger than Superman would be KO'd easily..

Thanos has done that.

Flash isnt Thanos.. Not even close to his league.

Plus I'm sure Flash could vibrate thru hulk and make him sick or something.

Yes there are other ways for Flash to defeat the Hulk. Im not denying that. I just do not see it being an instant win, not against someone with the strength to knock out Thor(well he has done so in the past), and defeat Gladiator.

And Strange can still be put out of commission via magic negating. Flash is fast enough to tie strange up shields or not. All magic fails in the lasso.

So you mean Flash is going to get Wonder Woman's Lasso and put Strange in it??

Well no I still do not see how Flash is getting past Strange's shields to tie him up.. And thats assuming Flash gets the right Strange and not an illusion of him. On the other hand a Strange protected by a mystical shield could possibly (not definetely, but possibly) do a spell to put down the whole JLA.

This fight is wierd. But Strange, Namor, and Hulk are all killed by Flash real fast. They just don't have the reflexes or speed to do anything. Batman and Guy Gardner are both mind ****ed by Thanos easily. Both dead in seconds. Leaving Surfer, Captain Marv-el, and Thanos. Thanos could handle Superman and WW. But adding in MM and Supergirl and Flash is over kill. He'd get knocked out or something. Surfer would beat GL but, not before someone else comes along and puts the finishing move on him. classic strange comes with auto-shields, so he he survives the blitz

Brockalizer
Flash is faster than anyone here. Plus he's knocked out Superman types before.
Flash would NOT be the fastest in the fight. There is no speed force in the Marvel Universe. Flash would just be a regular guy in bright red spandex.

long pig
Strange is the biggest gun. I thing his eye, which in the past has leaped off Strange faster than light to intercept blitzers and attacks that Strange's reflexes aren't fast enough to block. If any of them try and blitz, they'll get intercepted and eaten by the Eye. Oh....and TIME STOP!

long pig
Oh, and since Strange can be protected by his teammates, you're essentially giving him prep time. Thatsa no good for the JLA.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Flash would NOT be the fastest in the fight. There is no speed force in the Marvel Universe. Flash would just be a regular guy in bright red spandex.

Dude you gotta change the players a bit here.. No speed force for Flash, and Thanos on Marvel team?? JLA doesn't stand a chance!!

I personally think Surfer and Strange have a chance to solo this. I mean seriously power cosmic plus magic! They might just need Hulk as well for some muscle, but thats all they need.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Dude you gotta change the players a bit here.. No speed force for Flash, and Thanos on Marvel team?? JLA doesn't stand a chance!!

I personally think Surfer and Strange have a chance to solo this. I mean seriously power cosmic plus magic! They might just need Hulk as well for some muscle, but thats all they need.
Okay, let's make it interesting. The JLA also gets Orion, Captain Marvel, and Zatana.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

I assume you mean duo because by 2 people cannot solo anything. And if you did actually mean solo there is no way Surfer is soloing that JLA team. Classic Strange might though.

Thanos really makes this really unfair. You'd have to have,
Guy + Hal > Surfer
CM + WW + Zatanna > Strange
Superman + Orion > Marv-el
MM > Hulk
Supergirl > Namor

That's without adding Thanos and assuming those 3 could handle Strange. I feel sorry for DC.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
I assume you mean duo because by 2 people cannot solo anything.

Yes my bad, I meant Duo.

But not sure about this:

Originally posted by Sasaraixx
You'd have to have,
Guy + Hal > Surfer

Although Hal is one of the most powerful GL's, Im not convinced Guy is enough back up to soundly defeat Surfer.

-Pr-

You didn't state that Flash wouldn't have his powers in the OP.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by -Pr-
You didn't state that Flash wouldn't have his powers in the OP.
The OP stated that the battle takes place in the Marvel Universe. There is no speed force in the Marvel Universe. Flash in the Marvel Universe would be as effective as the Infinite Gauntlet would be in the DC Universe. I assumed everyone already knew that. My bad.

-Pr-
The OP stated that the battle takes place in the Marvel Universe. There is no speed force in the Marvel Universe. Flash in the Marvel Universe would be as effective as the Infinite Gauntlet would be in the DC Universe. I assumed everyone already knew that. My bad.

Most battles on this forum, even if in one universe, take place under the assumption that each character can still use their powers fully.

More importantly: Why is he on the team, then?

Originally posted by -Pr-
Most battles on this forum, even if in one universe, take place under the assumption that each character can still use their powers fully.

More importantly: Why is he on the team, then? i thought the flash still had powers without the speed force, just lesser powers

Juntai
Originally posted by 753
i thought the flash still had powers without the speed force, just lesser powers Jay does, not the others.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Juntai
Jay does, not the others.
Wally had that battery that he was able to use. So he would be of short term use of his power, but Flash can do a lot of damage in a short amount of time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.