Mandarin vs. Geo Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Fight on Great Wall of China.

Who wins?

leonidas
cool fight. probably mandy, imo. geo-force could definitely win some though.

Bentley
Split.

Harbinger
Mandarin, slight majority.

Simbon
Unless Geo-Force has matter-manipulation resisting feats that I'm unaware of, Mandy turns him into a bug, and steps on him.

Bentley
CIS is on for Mandarin. stick out tongue

Prep-Man
Geo can use the very earth as his weapon. He can def win.

Simbon
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Geo can use the very earth as his weapon. He can def win.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9435/im27318.jpg

Prep-Man
Pretty cool, but I wonder who would have better control, since Geo is an elemental.

Simbon
Pretty cool, but I wonder who would have better control, since Geo is an elemental.

A very crunchy elemental.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6070/im26827.jpg

MrMind
didn't geo force fight superman before?
mandarin's iron man rival. no expression

Bentley
Mandarin is way more powerful than Iron-Man but he toys with him.

Edit: The scan is way too cool, Mandarin needs a respect thread right now eek!

MrMind
I've seen scans of mandarin getting owned by iron man even with the rings on no expression

Prep-Man
Geo is a earth elemental with the power to control gravity. I still go with him.

Simbon
Originally posted by Bentley

Edit: The scan is way too cool, Mandarin needs a respect thread right now eek!

I'm working on it; should be up in the next few weeks.

Simbon
Originally posted by MrMind
mandarin's iron man rival. no expression

Geo was in no way a credible threat to Superman. People who are backing him need to show he can resist matter manipulation, and also that he can actually accomplish something impressive with those manipulation abilities, because nothing I've seen indicates he can take Mandy.

Bentley
Awesome cool

Prep-Man
Geo increased Superman's gravity and removed his strength. This was back in the day, so...

zopzop
Geo increased Superman's gravity and removed his strength. This was back in the day, so...

Hasn't Geo Force gotten a power upgrade since then too?

-Pr-
Originally posted by zopzop
Hasn't Geo Force gotten a power upgrade since then too?

He has, but he's not quite at the level required to take on someone like Superman and take a decent amount of wins. He'd acquit himself well in a comic, though.

zopzop
Originally posted by -Pr-
He has, but he's not quite at the level required to take on someone like Superman and take a decent amount of wins. He'd acquit himself well in a comic, though.

Ah, I see. I'm just trying to gauge his power (ever since the Skaar/Geo Force/Redstone vs thread).

On to Mandarin, his matter manip power, what's the largest area he's affected by it? If Geo Force goes all out and enlarges himself wouldn't that place him beyond Mandarin's matter manip ability?

Simbon
The largest matter manip feat is the mountain scan I showed.

Mandarin also has powerful mind-control abilities:
http://imageshack.us/f/228/mandarinring.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/21/im18017.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/215/im18020.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/3/im18031.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/im18032.jpg/

This is not even getting to the other rings; this is just a bad match for Geo.

zopzop
@Simbon

I see (regarding the Matter Manip). I wonder how GF would fare against mind attacks, has he ever been put to the test?

So how does this guy (Mandarin) lose to IM? He seems like a mid-high herald.

Simbon

Unconvincingly. Many of their fights ended inconclusively, with Iron Man foiling Mandarin's plans but being unable to defeat or capture him. The other thing that usually happens is a giant explosion which seems to kill the Mandarin, but then he shows up in a later comic unscathed (this has happened many, many times). Mandarin also tends to have a lot of, "Ah, now that I have frozen your armor solid, Iron Man, and could easily slay you with any of my rings or my karate chop, I would like to briefly tell you a story you may find interesting. Ha ha ha!" He is one of the great, cartoony villains.

zopzop
Originally posted by Simbon
Unconvincingly. Many of their fights ended inconclusively, with Iron Man foiling Mandarin's plans but being unable to defeat or capture him. The other thing that usually happens is a giant explosion which seems to kill the Mandarin, but then he shows up in a later comic unscathed (this has happened many, many times). Mandarin also tends to have a lot of, "Ah, now that I have frozen your armor solid, Iron Man, and could easily slay you with any of my rings or my karate chop, I would like to briefly tell you a story you may find interesting. Ha ha ha!" He is one of the great, cartoony villains.

LMMFAO rolling on floor laughing

I see. Those rings sound pretty uber though.

-Pr-
@Simbon

I see (regarding the Matter Manip). I wonder how GF would fare against mind attacks, has he ever been put to the test?

He's been brainwashed before, so not as great as one might think.

zopzop

Sad sad But thanks for the info. He seemed like an interesting character.

-Pr-
Sad sad But thanks for the info. He seemed like an interesting character.

I like to think so. He's one of my favourites.

vansonbee
@Simbon, now I've more utter respect for Mandarin thumb up
Originally posted by MrMind
mandarin's iron man rival. no expression ROFL, pretty much everyone who ever faced Superman is his level than.

Iron Man just needs to crack-up his sonics and he would disable GF.

Prep-Man

Hasn't Geo's force fields protected him from transmutation? I know elementals have strong protection from that.

zopzop
Originally posted by vansonbee
Iron Man just needs to crack-up his sonics and he would disable GF.
He's been beaten like that before? My respect for him is dropping sad
Hasn't Geo's force fields protected him from transmutation? I know elementals have strong protection from that.
Awesome if true.

vansonbee
Hasn't Geo's force fields protected him from transmutation? I know elementals have strong protection from that. Elementals, others who control a aspect of nature?

It might not hold true, because they ain't the same character. Some has stronger control and others don't, but they've better control of it.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by vansonbee
Elementals, others who control a aspect of nature?

It might not hold true, because they ain't the same character. Some has stronger control and others don't, but they've better control of it.

He's tied to earth because of Terra and he's also tied to the gravitational forces as well.

-Pr-
i don't think he's a "true" elemental though.

VanMae
@Simbon

Because he's ruled by bloodthirst, machismo, and a sort of macho honor. Iron Man is much more ruthless and practical.

For example, in their last fight, the Mandarin barely used the rings, and his main offense consisted of kicking a dent in Iron Man's helmet and breaking his arm. (Mandarin has the power to channel Chi into superhuman strength)

Meanwhile Iron Man had zero compunction about ripping five of the rings out of Mandarin's spine, then blasting him with the unibeam, repulsors, and five of his own rings at the same time. There relationship is actually a reverse of the usual hero/villain dynamic, with Stark being the cunning ruthless one and Mandarin being ruled by honor or at least machismo.

Knights-Errant
I'm curious how so many people seem to believe Mandarin can beat Geo-Force if he's ruled by so much Character Induced Stupidity as to lose to Iron Man in the ways described. I understand this doesn't lessen his power, but power only matters if one is willing and able to utilize it in the right ways. It's not what you have, it's how you use it. He's proven against Iron Man that he doesn't use it very well against his super-foes. For instance, if he froze Iron Man and then tried to tell him a story, all villain posturing and what not, then why wouldn't he do the same with Geo? If he did, Brion could theoretically summon the heat of the Earth's core to melt himself free. You see, anything that gives Tony an edge, gives Brion an edge too, unless we have some reason to believe he treats Tony differently than he would Markov.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Knights-Errant
I'm curious how so many people seem to believe Mandarin can beat Geo-Force if he's ruled by so much Character Induced Stupidity as to lose to Iron Man in the ways described. I understand this doesn't lessen his power, but power only matters if one is willing and able to utilize it in the right ways. It's not what you have, it's how you use it. He's proven against Iron Man that he doesn't use it very well against his super-foes. For instance, if he froze Iron Man and then tried to tell him a story, all villain posturing and what not, then why wouldn't he do the same with Geo? If he did, Brion could theoretically summon the heat of the Earth's core to melt himself free. You see, anything that gives Tony an edge, gives Brion an edge too, unless we have some reason to believe he treats Tony differently than he would Markov.

There are guidelines for these vs threads, basic rules that state that forum matches don't adhere to old timey bond villainesque traits, such as monologuing or forgetting powers previously displayed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.