J'onn vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Soley a telepathic fight.

Who wins?

marwash22
Thanos, of course. roll eyes (sarcastic)

iceman24567
J'onn

JonyBoy2
Originally posted by marwash22
Thanos, of course. roll eyes (sarcastic)

KuRuPT Thanosi
Lets see.. J'onn and others were mindraped by Despero with ease. Now then, please list for me Despero's other TP feats that match Thanos sans the feat mentioned above. If he "doesn't" have any/enough then anybody thatn feels J'onn wins.. please list the feats that trash Thanos TP feats that people are giving him the win. I personally see it as a stalemate.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Lets see.. J'onn and others were mindraped by Despero with ease. Now then, please list for me Despero's other TP feats that match Thanos sans the feat mentioned above. If he "doesn't" have any/enough then anybody thatn feels J'onn wins.. please list the feats that trash Thanos TP feats that people are giving him the win. I personally see it as a stalemate.

Because John has been mind raped by Despero who lacks high end telepathic feats, that is supposed to bring down John? Where do John's high end feats fit in here?

I laughed out loud reading this. Since it's coming from a Thanos fan. If an individual were to make a strength competition based thread that involved Thanos, you'd be the first in line to argue that it doesn't matter if he doesn't have a lot of lifting feats, how he performs against those that do is what's important.

Seriously dude.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Because John has been mind raped by Despero who lacks high end telepathic feats, that is supposed to bring down John? Where do John's high end feats fit in here?

I laughed out loud reading this. Since it's coming from a Thanos fan. If an individual were to make a strength competition based thread that involved Thanos, you'd be the first in line to argue that it doesn't matter if he doesn't have a lot of lifting feats, how he performs against those that do is what's important.

Seriously dude.

You didn't read my entire post did you? If J'onn and others were easily mindraped by Despero.. then surely he might have other impressive TP feats I'm unaware of. It was more a rhetorical then anything else knowing he really doesn't. However, I THEN when on to say.. since people are giving J'onn the win... the surely he must have decisive TP feats that put him above Thanos to do so. If you notice... I said it was a stalemate... J'onn has good TP feats as does Thanos. Thing is, when minds like Xavier, Moondragon with PG, Mantis etc etc can't penetrate his mind and he blocks them with ease and while weakened.. I've seen nothing from J'onn that makes me believe J'onn will penetrate his. Furthermore... being that J'onn has been mindraped with ease.. while Thanos has blocked said attempts from the best marvel has to offer.. that leads me to believe Thanos resistance is higher than J'onn.. The only thing stopping me from giving Thanos the outright win.. is his lack of offensive TP against quality foes.. Thus I said a tie. So if you noticed I then against for J'onn feats for people voting for him that a clearly above Thanos. make sense?

Existere
You didn't read my entire post did you? If J'onn and others were easily mindraped by Despero.. then surely he might have other impressive TP feats I'm unaware of. What the ****?

Character X beats Superman in an arm wrestle. X has few other appearances or quantifiable feats using super strength (though clearly he possesses it, as he just beat Superman in an arm wrestle). He's a villain, and so has few lifting feats but lots of hand to hand combat against Superman, Captain Marvel, etc.

Therefore Superman is weak.

WHAT.

leonidas
laughing out loud

pretty much.

that aside, just what ARE thanos's 'uber' tp feats that place him so far above j'onn? we've all seen him surprise galactus (and just what are HIS tp feats, btw?) but other than that.....?

TheLordofMurder
I need to see more telepathic feats from Thanos before I could say who wins; if it was concluded to be a stalemate, it wouldnt surprise me though...

Galan007
I'm curious as well. J'onn has done a LOT more then he usually gets credit for in the TP department - but untilI see something definitive on Thanos' behalf, there's no reason to go over what J'onn has done.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm curious as well. J'onn has done a LOT more then he usually gets credit for in the TP department - but untilI see something definitive on Thanos' behalf, there's no reason to go over what J'onn has done.

thumb up

j'onn is always a bit underrated. used to be he was considered WELL above prof x and his marvel ilk. for some reason, that tide seems to have changed some. his feats still easily compare. not entirely sure i can see him killing thanos with tp, but i see no reason to think thanos would be the stronger telepath either. least not without further evidence for thanos.

Existere
Originally posted by Galan007
J'onn has done a LOT more then he usually gets credit for in the TP department Meh. I dunno about that. J'onn gets a LOT of credit for telepathy, but often without actual feat citations, and simply "J'onn's telepathy wins because it's J'onn."

Though I'm sure he has the feats, and I know of some myself, I wouldn't say he usually gets under-credited in the telepathy department.

As far as Thanos goes, I've seem him punk Moondragon in a telepathic battle. Phasing Galactus with telepathy is notable given that Professor X didn't begin to register on Galactus' telepathic radar, even when channelling the entire skrull race's emotions (am I remembering the feat right? something along those lines).

I'm sure others have greater lists of Thanos' feats, but those two instances jump to mind personally.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You didn't read my entire post did you? If J'onn and others were easily mindraped by Despero.. then surely he might have other impressive TP feats I'm unaware of. It was more a rhetorical then anything else knowing he really doesn't. However, I THEN when on to say.. since people are giving J'onn the win... the surely he must have decisive TP feats that put him above Thanos to do so. If you notice... I said it was a stalemate... J'onn has good TP feats as does Thanos. Thing is, when minds like Xavier, Moondragon with PG, Mantis etc etc can't penetrate his mind and he blocks them with ease and while weakened.. I've seen nothing from J'onn that makes me believe J'onn will penetrate his. Furthermore... being that J'onn has been mindraped with ease.. while Thanos has blocked said attempts from the best marvel has to offer.. that leads me to believe Thanos resistance is higher than J'onn.. The only thing stopping me from giving Thanos the outright win.. is his lack of offensive TP against quality foes.. Thus I said a tie. So if you noticed I then against for J'onn feats for people voting for him that a clearly above Thanos. make sense?

That is truly horrible reasoning. It's even worse since you're a Thanos fan.

I don't care who wins in a telepathic battle between John and Thanos. I'm simply commenting on your flawed line of thinking.

SuperMan103
martian manhunter.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Existere
What the ****?

Character X beats Superman in an arm wrestle. X has few other appearances or quantifiable feats using super strength (though clearly he possesses it, as he just beat Superman in an arm wrestle). He's a villain, and so has few lifting feats but lots of hand to hand combat against Superman, Captain Marvel, etc.

Therefore Superman is weak.

WHAT.

Didn't bother quoting the rest of my post or even the end of the statement you did quote? Ya know the part where I said it was a rhetorical question... Pretty funny dude. If you went on to quote the rest of my post it was rather clear. I called it a stalemate based on the fact that I've never seen Thanos TP raped before.. I have J'onn. The only reason I didn't give Thanos the win was becuase his offensive TP hasn't been demonstrated enough for me to say he could break J'onn's. Pretty clear right.. yet you somehow managed to mangle my post and half quote me....

Then, I further when onto say.. since some our giving J'onn the clear win.. then "surely" he must have TP feats that clearly put him above Thanos... Problem is, I have yet to see such feats that would do so. Somehow you missed those whole part of my post or just choose not to quote it? Point is, I'm calling it a stalemate, and my logic is set forth above.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by leonidas
thumb up

j'onn is always a bit underrated. used to be he was considered WELL above prof x and his marvel ilk. for some reason, that tide seems to have changed some. his feats still easily compare. not entirely sure i can see him killing thanos with tp, but i see no reason to think thanos would be the stronger telepath either. least not without further evidence for thanos.

When exactly did J'onn and Prof x have a TP battle that put J'onn well above Prof. X? Or is this one of these... It's J'onn.. he's an awesome TP.. therefore he must be vastly above Prof. x?

As I stated in my post... Thanos has never been mind raped and controlled as J'onn has on a few occasions. He's battled some of the BEST minds in Marvel and not been raped. As i noted above... got into a TP battle with galactus and breached his defenses... Something Xavier couldn't come close to doing. He beat Moondragon WITH the mind gem in a TP war. As we know moondragon is one of the best TP's in Marvel. Just recently 3 of the best TP's in marvel couldn't mind control hiim EVEN while he was weakened. Again, Prof X... tried to enter his mind and Thanos resisted it with ease. You can call it a will feat or a mind feat.. but Magus with an incomplete IG tried to "convince" "make" Thanos bow down before him.. Thanos resisted it. Moondragon with the Mind Gem is above J'onn imo and couldn't even come close to beating Thanos let alone even breaching his defenses. So NOW that we have some of those feats out of the way... I ASK AGAIN.. What are the feats of J'onn that clearly put him above Thanos that people are giving him the win. I'm still waiting on these clear decisive superior feats of J'onn that people are basing on the vote on, and giving J'onn the win. Shouldn't be that hard right.. since it's so "clear"

Bouboumaster
Thanos has been able to almost to talk in tp with Galactus with ease. That feat alone makes me think that he can beat J'onn.

Sr J-Bieb
They engage in a duel, and then a lightning bolt hits MM and KO's him

Existere
Didn't bother quoting the rest of my post or even the end of the statement you did quote? Of COURSE I isolated which part of the post I was quoting. Otherwise the direct point I was clashing with would be unclear. Apologies for my clarity.

As far as the reasoning that 'J'onn has been beaten before, Thanos hasn't'', without discussing the truth of that statement, we can talk about how it provides no basis for concluding Thanos' superiority: if Spider-Man's won every arm wrestle he's ever had, can we conclude that he's stronger than Captain Marvel, who lost in an arm wrestle to Superman?

In the future, you could reply to what I'm actually saying instead of just insisting that hidden somewhere in the rest of your post is an actual response for me to puzzle out. Actually engaging with any of the arguments directed towards you would help further discussion more than simply dodging and misdirecting.

celestialdemon
I'm gonna say this is a stalemate. J'onn doesn't have the telepathic power to defeat Thanos, yet Thanos doesn't have the offensive feats to justify him beating J'onn.

Originally posted by celestialdemon
I'm gonna say this is a stalemate. J'onn doesn't have the telepathic power to defeat Thanos, yet Thanos doesn't have the offensive feats to justify him beating J'onn. thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
Of COURSE I isolated which part of the post I was quoting. Otherwise the direct point I was clashing with would be unclear. Apologies for my clarity.

As far as the reasoning that 'J'onn has been beaten before, Thanos hasn't'', without discussing the truth of that statement, we can talk about how it provides no basis for concluding Thanos' superiority: if Spider-Man's won every arm wrestle he's ever had, can we conclude that he's stronger than Captain Marvel, who lost in an arm wrestle to Superman?

In the future, you could reply to what I'm actually saying instead of just insisting that hidden somewhere in the rest of your post is an actual response for me to puzzle out. Actually engaging with any of the arguments directed towards you would help further discussion more than simply dodging and misdirecting.

For as much as you talk about knowing what I was saying and me not figuring out what you were... Did you miss the part where I said it's a stalemate.. i don't know.. 5 times in this thread? That was terrible analogy... we're comparing TP user that are very close to one another. Spiderman's and Marvel's aren't even close. When two people are close in TP feats and defenses.. and one has had theirs breached at times and one hasn't.... surely that must count for something right? Or are you saying it counts for nothing and J'onn gets the win.. based on WHAT for the 100th time?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by 753
thumb up

That is exactly what I've been saying this WHOLE TIME LOL

Existere
For as much as you talk about knowing what I was saying and me not figuring out what you were... Did you miss the part where I said it's a stalemate.. i don't know.. 5 times in this thread? That was terrible analogy... we're comparing TP user that are very close to one another. Spiderman's and Marvel's aren't even close. When two people are close in TP feats and defenses.. and one has had theirs breached at times and one hasn't.... surely that must count for something right? Or are you saying it counts for nothing and J'onn gets the win.. based on WHAT for the 100th time? You're an imbecile.

batdude123
Concession accepted.

Amirite???!!!

That is exactly what I've been saying this WHOLE TIME LOL alright I didnt disagree with you

leonidas
When exactly did J'onn and Prof x have a TP battle that put J'onn well above Prof. X? Or is this one of these... It's J'onn.. he's an awesome TP.. therefore he must be vastly above Prof. x?

blink

i..... don't even know what the hell this is supposed to mean. i said people used to place j'onn above x, but recently ity has been said to be a lot closer. what initially put him above x? the ease with which he accomplishes planetary level feats for one. i personally like the feat where he smashed into spectre's mind. and the megaddon one.

moondragon w/gem couldn't put ss down, so, whatever. shrugging off x is impressive, but he didn't do anything to x either. i'd put his experience with galactus as clearly his best feat, though it amounted to nothing and really had extenuating circumstances anyway--namely moondragon. reagrdless, was it better than handling spectre with tp? i don't think so, personally. better than finding his way into megaddon's 'mind'? i don't really think so.

so, i come back to my initial surmise--i can't really see mm taking him OUT with tp, but nor can i see thanos beating HIM. likely a draw, imo, that would lead to physical combat.

kgkg
J'onn clearly has better feat but I don't see how he will put down Thanos who is pretty much immune to high level telepathy.

Existere
Originally posted by leonidas
reagrdless, was it better than handling spectre with tp? i don't think so, personally. What actually makes this stand out as a feat?

I'm just curious. Not challenging anything, but wanting to know if Spectre had been blocking out powerful minds (and therefore J'onn's powerful for succeeding where those minds failed) or if we're just assuming the task to be monumental because Spectre is.. Spectre.

leonidas
What actually makes this stand out as a feat?

I'm just curious. Not challenging anything, but wanting to know if Spectre had been blocking out powerful minds (and therefore J'onn's powerful for succeeding where those minds failed) or if we're just assuming the task to be monumental because Spectre is.. Spectre.

a little of both tbh. prettyerm

i was talking more about the time where he got into spectre's mind and took both into joker's though. he also made joker sane once. also cool, if not 'uber' unless you count the depths of joker's insanity.

didn't he also use his tp against dr fate? i thought so, but couldn't find a scan. anyone know for sure or where?

KuRuPT Thanosi
You're an imbecile. of course... that's it... what a smart cookie u are only half quoting one sentence n leaving out the rest where I clarified the point n expanded upon it further...or how about where u claimed I gave thanos the win, when I actually called it a stalemate numerous times ... or when u used a terrible analogy comparing arm wrestling, spiderman, marvel in strength... bravo on that pies poor analogy... when in fact we are comparing relative equals in the tp department. Yet... I'm the imbecile... thanks for the laugh kid

Martian_mind
Jonn.

The man was using his telepathy offensively non-stop on The Key and Prometheus from the early nineties right up until Infinite crisis, and he still pulled off some of the most uber feats on record.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

kgkg
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins. Why?

quanchi112
Originally posted by kgkg
Why? I see him on Moondragon's level who Thanos beat.

StiltmanFTW
Thanos wins.

58532 posts and they're all the same, wow.

quanchi112
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
58532 posts and they're all the same, wow. People make lots of Thanos threads, apparently.

StiltmanFTW
People make lots of Thanos threads, apparently.

True dat...

leonidas
People make lots of Thanos threads, apparently.

laughing out loud

that actually made me laugh in RL.

Hyperion Prime
Stalemate

kgkg
Thanos wins. Are you talking this or something else?
http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/5246/123nsa.th.jpg

Omega Vision

Lol. This is basically how KT operates.

Whatever you say, no matter how salient your argument he'll always type up a two-three paragraph response to the effect of "you didn't get what I was saying/didn't answer my question! rawr, Thanos!"

quanchi112
Are you talking this or something else?
http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/5246/123nsa.th.jpg This.

kgkg
This. Moondragon doesn't have the mindgem. Also Thanos had the Cube at this point.

quanchi112
Moondragon doesn't have the mindgem. Also Thanos had the Cube at this point. It clearly states a battle of minds so you there claim he used the cc to win. Proof ?

kgkg
It clearly states a battle of minds so you there claim he used the cc to win. Proof ? It doesn't work like that. Cube can enhance any ability even mental ones if he had the cube it's not a valid feat for Thanos. smile

It's possible that he didn't use the Cube but you can never know which makes this feat invalid to use for regular Thanos unless you can prove he didn't use it.

quanchi112
It doesn't work like that. Cube can enhance any ability even mental ones if he had the cube it's not a valid feat for Thanos. smile

It's possible that he didn't use the Cube but you can never know which makes this feat invalid to use for regular Thanos unless you can prove he didn't use it. How isn't it ? It says nothing about the cc in the scan it just shows him beating her in a mind war. If he had the cube why even mind war with someone anyways you can reality warp her right out of the universe if you want to.

There's no evidence whatsoever while there is evidence he beat her in a mindwar with his mind. If you want to go to these lengths to show me you can't interpret comic books you should have just said so.

kgkg
How isn't it ? It says nothing about the cc in the scan it just shows him beating her in a mind war. If he had the cube why even mind war with someone anyways you can reality warp her right out of the universe if you want to.

He beat her in a mind war I'm not disputing the fact. What I said was CC can even enhance mental abilities him having the cube would allow him to win a metal war even if Moondragon was more powerful.

The evidence is he had the CC it doesn't always say he is going to use the CC everything he makes a move smile.

Again anything Thanos did while he had a Cube is invalid unless you can prove he disabled that power.

Good day.

quanchi112
He beat her in a mind war I'm not disputing the fact. What I said was CC can even enhance mental abilities him having the cube would allow him to win a metal war even if Moondragon was more powerful.

The evidence is he had the CC it doesn't always say he is going to use the CC everything he makes a move smile.

Again anything Thanos did while he had a Cube is invalid unless you can prove he disabled that power.

Good day. She begain a mindwar to fight him on equal footing. That much is obvious but since you claimed he used the cc to amp his abilities the burden of proof is on you.

Do you honestly believe the writer would say he was totally ccing right there.

psycho gundam
the only clean telepathy feat iirc was when thanos subjugated the mind of the fallen one with ease

Nihilist
Stalemate.

Existere
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Whatever you say, no matter how salient your argument he'll always type up a two-three paragraph response to the effect of "you didn't get what I was saying/didn't answer my question! rawr, Thanos!" I love you, OV.

In the most bromantic way.

Philosophía
You're an imbecile. I think he is right there with phantom zone/deadline for the upper echelon of most intelligent members on this board, based on what he's shown up until now - at least chomper and the like stay silent, for the most part.

Quanchi has been surprising me for the past month or so - not that his responses have changed or anything, but he has developed some self-awareness.

hum... just remembered that during annihilation, thanos needed moondragon to pry into annihilus's mind, he coudlnt do it himself. his offensive tp and even his mindreading really aint all that. but there is no way mmh mindrapes him either, so this would come to a draw.

Nihilist
Originally posted by 753
hum... just remembered that during annihilation, thanos needed moondragon to pry into annihilus's mind, he coudlnt do it himself. his offensive tp and even his mindreading really aint all that. but there is no way mmh mindrapes him either, so this would come to a draw. He never tried reading Annihilus mind, he just went along with Annihilus plan just for the lulz, so he had no need to.

He asked MD to relay what she had found when she read Annihilus mind, asking MD is smarter than just having a tp fight when she clearly wanted to help.

Originally posted by Nihilist
He never tried reading Annihilus mind, he just went along with Annihilus plan just for the lulz, so he had no need to.

He asked MD to relay what she had found when she read Annihilus mind, asking MD is smarter than just having a tp fight when she clearly wanted to help. he always wanted to know annie's plans, you could claim he was just being cautious, but IIRC MD herself didnt engage him in an tp battle, she just got grossed out by his mind and left, I don t even think he noticed the intrusion

Nihilist
Originally posted by 753
he always wanted to know annie's plans, you could claim he was just being cautious, but IIRC MD herself didnt engage him in an tp battle, she just got grossed out by his mind and left, I don t even think he noticed the intrusion He never once read Annihilus mind , kinda cis on his part dont you think.

MD tried to tp assulat him when he first abducted her when she was with Phyla Vell, it had no effect Thanos just sighed at her attempt.

The only time she got in his mind is when he let her.

vince_slice
Thanos has some powerful telepathy defence

E.g., Moondragon had zero effect reading his mind in Annihilation, even with the mind gem in Infinity Watch; and it took three strong telepaths to hold back a weakened Thanos fresh from his cocoon. Later on they mention not being able to mind lock him anymore because he's recovered too much power.

For offensive TP, I don't think he's shown much. He did mind rape classic Drax via mind-sync time warp, but Drax escaped from it but lost consciousness in the process. He did best Moondragon but he had CC so that might not count. He almost read the mind of Galactus via telepathic molestation. He mind ****ed Maker, but she was already mentally unstable. He also ****ed Fallen One's mind and turned him into his herald.

That's all I can think of so far for offensive TP. I think Thanos has good defence, but I'm not sure if his offensive TP is powerful enough.

Omega Vision
I love you, OV.

In the most bromantic way.
flirt1

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Whatever you say, no matter how salient your argument he'll always type up a two-three paragraph response to the effect of "you didn't get what I was saying/didn't answer my question! rawr, Thanos!"

Didn't even read any of the posts... yet you still felt the need to post and be wrong. Nice job. If you would've read the posts you would've seen that he only quoted half of a complete line and didn't qupte the rest of my paragraph. Where I said it was more of a rhetorical question and then when on to THE question that mattered most. Half quoting somebody to try and talk shit about a point, a point that was addressed later in the short paragraph.. is well.. sad. Next time try reading the arguments before posting.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Still waiting on the feats for MM that makes anybody believe he can get throw Thanos defenses. For the 6th time now, I'm calling it a stalemate. I don't believe MM has a chance to get throw Thanos defense and I haven't seen enough offensive TP from Thanos against quality foes that makes me sure he can get through MM. So, I'm still waiting on the feats from the MM side which people are basing giving him the win on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.