skyfathers vs cosmic cube

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Simbon
How many skyfathers does it take to equal the power of a cosmic cube?

Mindset

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Simbon
How many skyfathers does it take to equal the power of a cosmic cube?

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/JoeHollon/2010-02-08_151301_tootsie-pop-350.jpg

Simbon
Originally posted by Mindset

OK. So 29 skyfathers, Thanos, and a few heralds?

Mindset
No, just Doom limiting his powers.

TheLordofMurder
Cosmic Cubes are vastly more powerful than Skyfathers; during the Infinity Crusade, Mephisto stated that Cosmic Cubes are all-powerful but refuse to override certain self-imposed limitations...

This, theorectically, makes an "Unbound Cube" (unbound by self imposed limitations that is) the equal of the Infinity Gauntlet and thus far, far, beyond any Skyfather in existance...

A fully matured Cube...otherwise known as a Cube Being (Kubik to be exact)...has demostrated universal level reality warping power; once again the gap between the power of a Skyfather and a Cube is evident...and its considerable.

How many Skyfathers would be needed to equal a Cosmic Cube? I cant put a number on it, but it would easily be 10+ and quite possibly much more than that...

It must be noted that Thor once gave out his rankings of the Cosmic Hierarchy and according to him, a Cosmic Cube wasnt much more powerful than a Skyfather...

Of course I hardly consider Thor an authority on the matter, and looking at the feats of Cubes (and Cube Beings) vs those of Skyfathers, it isnt a contest; Cubes (and Cube Beings) crush Skyfathers as pertains raw power output...

Thus I must conclude that Thor doesnt know what the heck hes talking about as pertains the Cosmic Hierarchy...

TheLordofMurder
I once created a thread that covered this very topic btw (and it was a poll question to boot); the consensus was that it would take 10+ Skyfathers to equal the power of a Cube Being...

TheLordofMurder
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=540396

marwash22
obviously, over nine thousand. duh!

rotiart
That was then... And this is now...
Back a few years beyonder was said to be a cube and that he is now just an inhuman mutant...
Although the most recent showing I can think of with a cube is with starlord during annihilation. Prior to that was captain american and his fight with the red skull and korvac....

that beyonder storyline was some heavy bullshit, how does it explain owen and maker?

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by rotiart
Prior to that was captain american and his fight with the red skull and korvac....

That was a great arc. That was a bad ass Red Skull. If that cosmic cube skull would have linked up with Galactus ship he would have been able to take over the entire universe.

Kubik and the Shaper of worlds are way more powerful than Odin and the other sky-fathers.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
No, just Doom limiting his powers.
Could Doom make a plan so devious and foolproof that even he could not thwart it?

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Could Doom make a plan so devious and foolproof that even he could not thwart it? yes, when doom makes the plan it will be impossible for him and all others in the unvierse to thwart, but as soon as he atempts to thwart it, he'll be able to do so (but only him)

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by 753
that beyonder storyline was some heavy bullshit, how does it explain owen and maker?

Yeah, I pretty much disregard it as not only does it make no sense, it seems like it could have just been Beyonder messing with them as Black Bolt had no idea what he was on about.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's Bendis people. What else is there to explain?

Endless Mike
>9000

DarkOdin
It depends how are we rating the skyfathers

base only on their high end feats

All-father Herc level -high end just 1

RKT level maybe 5

Odin's level 8-10

Zeus's level Zeus i consider the average skyfather= Alot of them

Sr J-Bieb
That was then... And this is now...
Back a few years beyonder was said to be a cube and that he is now just an inhuman mutant...
Although the most recent showing I can think of with a cube is with starlord during annihilation. Prior to that was captain american and his fight with the red skull and korvac.... That just proves how strong the Cosmic Cube was if it can put Red Skull slightly above Cap... and then get killed by him.

rotiart
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
That just proves how strong the Cosmic Cube was if it can put Red Skull slightly above Cap... and then get killed by him.

What?

Sr J-Bieb
What? Cap killed Red Skull when he had the Cube.

And they had quite a few good scraps throughout.

kgkg
CC's power varies depending on it's wielder.

Hyperion Prime
When Cap killed the skull it was such PIS. He tricked him into incinerating himself. He had the cube he should have been fine.

rotiart
Red skull used it more as a weapon than as an amping device iirc...
Same with korvac..

Course that could have just been the skull not having the wits on how to use it properly... Like a drax with the power gem situation...

Hyperion Prime
Red skull used it more as a weapon than as an amping device iirc...
Same with korvac..

Course that could have just been the skull not having the wits on how to use it properly... Like a drax with the power gem situation...

That was one of the best arcs i have ever read. I like how if he would have linked up with the ship he would have had the power of god.

I guess you are right though, but he did have to split his powers, because he was using it to pull Galactus ship from the other side of the galaxy. That weakend him.

rotiart
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
That was one of the best arcs i have ever read. I like how if he would have linked up with the ship he would have had the power of god.

I guess you are right though, but he did have to split his powers, because he was using it to pull Galactus ship from the other side of the galaxy. That weakend him.

I agree. One of the best arcs I've ever read too. It's up there for me with Kyle rayners run in with his dark half oblivion.. The whole revelation as to what was happening to him... Wow..

I liked how korvac would change the entire universe memories and everything except for cap... But cap always found a way

Hyperion Prime
I agree. One of the best arcs I've ever read too. It's up there for me with Jules run in with his dark half oblivion.. The whole revelation as to what was happening to him... Wow..

That actually was supposed to be Kang, but they had to change it to Korvac, bacause kang was being used in another story.

I have never read dark half oblivion. I will have to check it out.

leonidas
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Cap killed Red Skull when he had the Cube.

And they had quite a few good scraps throughout.

brilliant arc. LOVED the art as well.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by kgkg
CC's power varies depending on it's wielder.

Cap's power varies depending on who he's fighting.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by leonidas
brilliant arc. LOVED the art as well.

Favorite seen was when Skull made it 160 in January in NYC. He also gave everyone extreme hunger. That lady begging the skull to feed her baby because he was so hungry and the skull just did not care. The torture scenes were truley cruel.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by leonidas
brilliant arc. LOVED the art as well. Yes... except for the way Korvac looked. My only gripe.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Cap's power varies depending on who he's fighting. Good point.

kgkg
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Cap's power varies depending on who he's fighting. Touche.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.