Kelda vs. Amora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Falamu
Kelda and Amora, high goddesses of Asgard, duke it out to the finish, both holding nothing back against each other. It's an all-or-nothing, no holds barred struggle. Who wins in the end?http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/5/5d/1043234-kelda1.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Llxf0Z81zHA/Sk4y_TWwuvI/AAAAAAAAHxY/M2fKgkTVbzs/s1600/amora.jpg

psycho gundam
enchantress stomps

she's the most powerfull sorceress in asgard, iirc karnilla being the second

Rage.Of.Olympus
You have it backwards. Karnilla is the most powerful sorceress in Asgard. In terms of sorcerers, I'd rank them as:

Odin > Karnilla =/> Loki > Enchantress/Malekith

If you want to count Hela, she'd be in the Karnilla/Loki tier.

Falamu
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You have it backwards. Karnilla is the most powerful sorceress in Asgard. In terms of sorcerers, I'd rank them as:

Odin > Karnilla =/> Loki > Enchantress/Malekith

If you want to count Hela, she'd be in the Karnilla/Loki tier.

Agreed. Karnilla IS Amora's teacher and superior, with only a few, such as Odin, surpassing her in raw power and skill, according to the Handbooks. Amora may have in certain circumstances been able to stalemate Karnilla, but I don't think that means she's her superior at all. But Thor is not exactly a master sorcerer, and he's managed to fight off and even defeat Amora...in fact, I think Captain America did as well using his shield during Secret Wars.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Karnilla is without a doubt Amora's superior. On another level as far as I've seen. When has Amora stalemated Karnilla? I can't recall the instance off hand. Course, I never gave a shit about them.

Thor's always done pretty good against sorcerers.

Does you have scans of the Captain America scene? Don't have access to the mini and it's been a while. I do recall an embarassing Captain America scene however.

Endless Mike
Kind of off-topic, but I wonder if an Asgardian would be eligible to become Sorceror Supreme?

psycho gundam
why not, current writers are shitting on the history

Falamu
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Kind of off-topic, but I wonder if an Asgardian would be eligible to become Sorceror Supreme?

I seriously doubt it. The Vishanti created the office for a high mortal mystic, not an Earth god. Loki once claimed the Eye and Cloak in an alternate future, true, but he was no Sorcerer Supreme. Besides, the divine pantheons wouldn't need a Sorcerer Supreme.

asgard should have its own sorcerer supreme like limbo does. I dont think asgardians would qualify for the job on earth.

Falamu
Originally posted by 753
asgard should have its own sorcerer supreme like limbo does. I dont think asgardians would qualify for the job on earth.

No, the godly realms aren't like conventional mystical dimensions. They don't have, want or need a Sorcerer Supreme when they are all mystical in nature, and when each pantheon has its own Skyfather.

SasuOna
Originally posted by Falamu
I seriously doubt it. The Vishanti created the office for a high mortal mystic, not an Earth god. Loki once claimed the Eye and Cloak in an alternate future, true, but he was no Sorcerer Supreme. Besides, the divine pantheons wouldn't need a Sorcerer Supreme.

No there really is no boundary on who the former SS or the Vishanti bequeath the title to. All you need to be is the best Sorceror or Sorceress in the universe and you have the job.
Theres no restriction on you having to be a mortal either

Falamu
Originally posted by SasuOna
No there really is no boundary on who the former SS or the Vishanti bequeath the title to. All you need to be is the best Sorceror or Sorceress in the universe and you have the job.
Theres no restriction on you having to be a mortal either

The gods are not exactly part of the Universe, though...never has any deity in Marvel's entire history held the position of Sorcerer/Sorceress Supreme. It really is a mystic position exclusively for mortals.

But, anyway, this has basically nothing to do with this topic in the first place, so...

The gods are not exactly part of the Universe, though... wut?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I doubt Asgardians are considered in the Sorcerer Supreme selection. At the very least, I don't think writers are considering them as candidates. As far as I've seen anyways.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I doubt Asgardians are considered in the Sorcerer Supreme selection. At the very least, I don't think writers are considering them as candidates. As far as I've seen anyways. Sorcerer Supreme level would be a step down

Rage.Of.Olympus
True. Strange couldn't even undo a spell cast by the Enchantress with all his power. What a useless f*ck.

Falamu
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Sorcerer Supreme level would be a step down

I honestly, now thinking about it, think Kelda might actually win in this battle. For all Amora's magical studies, she is at her core still a mere demi-goddess, not a full-fledged goddess. Kelda seems to actually control an aspect of nature itself, over "the wind and the storm", and Loki told Thor and Balder that Kelda was no ordinary Asgardian, but rather "high among us". Kelda has even hinted that she was worshipped once on Earth by mortals, and has demonstrated considerable divine power of her own against Dr. Doom.

AlmightyKfish
I honestly, now thinking about it, think Kelda might actually win in this battle. For all Amora's magical studies, she is at her core still a mere demi-goddess, not a full-fledged goddess. Kelda seems to actually control an aspect of nature itself, over "the wind and the storm", and Loki told Thor and Balder that Kelda was no ordinary Asgardian, but rather "high among us".

Yeah but Kelda's only feat is blowing up that Doombot...that's it.

Sr J-Bieb
I honestly, now thinking about it, think Kelda might actually win in this battle. For all Amora's magical studies, she is at her core still a mere demi-goddess, not a full-fledged goddess. Kelda seems to actually control an aspect of nature itself, over "the wind and the storm", and Loki told Thor and Balder that Kelda was no ordinary Asgardian, but rather "high among us". Kelda has even hinted that she was worshipped once on Earth by mortals, and has demonstrated considerable divine power of her own against Dr. Doom. I'm glad my post made you change your mind good sir.

StiltmanFTW
Kelda is that chick who banged some mortal named "Bill" or whatever from Oklahoma?

Falamu
I understand Amora has usually been portrayed as a highly skilled and powerful sorceress, and is very popular among Marvel fans...but what is interesting to note is that Kelda's powers seem to be more natural, rather than gained through years of training, almost innate - just like Thor can sometimes project lightning without Mjolnir or Balder can project heat and light, but didn't learn any spells to do that. Kelda didn't need any complex spellcasting or incantations to attack Doom or the HAMMER agents; she just seemed to be able to do it at will. If Kelda could suddenly attack Amora with a poisoned ice spear or a lightning bolt before the Enchantress could finish saying her spell, for instance, she might really stand a decent chance of winning. I mean, wasn't Amora easily killed before by a lightning blast Loki fired at Thor, who even took the full brunt of the damage?

Falamu
Although I will admit, Amora's latest appearance, fighting Thor in Avengers Prime, was very impressive for her. She was able to almost defeat Thor, and then took on Hela herself, and survived her three times in battle, and then the fourth time she fought Hela, she managed to wound the goddess of death herself. And this was the Hela with Surtur's Twilight Sword.

Falamu
So, uh, any new thoughts on this?

JakeTheBank
Amora. Power for power, Amora can cast some pretty significant blasts as well as fall back on illusionary sorcery. Kelda versus Lorelei would be more even, imo.

Falamu
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Amora. Power for power, Amora can cast some pretty significant blasts as well as fall back on illusionary sorcery. Kelda versus Lorelei would be more even, imo.

But Lorelei's magic is very rudimentary, to say the least, and primarily focused on amatory (love) spells. Kelda's elemental powers over the wind and the storm, along with her own magics, can be used for open combat and warfare.

ExodusCloak
The Norn Queen is more powerful then Amora it was stated already, but I also recall that it was stated in Defenders that Amora is well below Dr. Strange in terms of magic power. Think the issues where Valkriye was restored to her original body.

Falamu
I think Amora is stronger than Strange magically...Loki is, by far, and Amora's spell on the Black Knight, Dr. Strange's magics at their fullest was unable to break.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.