HP Doomsday VS Mangog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C

YoungGunna
Good matchup Mangog pounds HP with his energy blasts until he Doomsday adapts mid battle ftw

Harbinger
Current Mangog gets stomped.

SA Mangog makes Doomsday work damn hard, but loses the majority.

YoungGunna
Originally posted by Harbinger
Current Mangog gets stomped.

SA Mangog makes Doomsday work damn hard, but loses the majority.
I agree Mangog is no pushover for DD in the slightest his strength far surpasses Thors

cdtm
imo, Mangog.

He was treating Thor's best hammer shots like insect bites. DD's tough, but he ain't that tough.

YoungGunna
Originally posted by cdtm
imo, Mangog.

He was treating Thor's best hammer shots like insect bites. DD's tough, but he ain't that tough.
Yea but he can adapt to any situation mid battle

Lord_Talron
but if he cant hurt mangog how can he win?

the Darkone
SA Mangog works HP Doomsday!

Regular Mangog has to work for it more!

quanchi112
Originally posted by YoungGunna
Yea but he can adapt to any situation mid battle Based on ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Silver Age Mangog would have his way with any Doomsday.

Sr J-Bieb
Yea but he can adapt to any situation mid battle He probably should have adapted to the 2 Supermen, multiple Kryptonians, 1 Superman, 1 Superman again, Imperiex, and Entropy Aegis Steel

Also, Penis

YoungGunna
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ?
This is Hunter Prey Doomsday who adapts instantly even recovered in a second from Death. Darkseid already destroyed him to nothing and he was back in a second to destroy darkseid. He can adapt to win the battle HP Doomsday would slaughter him

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Silver Age Mangog would have his way with any Doomsday. I don't think Silver Age Mangog could beat DOS DD but that is just me.

psycho gundam
you'd have to read his comics to believe such a thing that's why

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you'd have to read his comics to believe such a thing that's why

I read them. It's just my philosophy is to take a characters best showings as a representative of themself (as long as they are not PIS). DOS is fast or faster than flash and has the power to injure Superman with mere punches. Also, DOS DD seemed almost absolutely indestructible to me. It not only took Superman's greatest might to put him down but thousands of blows from Superman to get this done. DOS speed and power alone tells me he can combo Mangog to ko.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Juntai
Superman once said Guy Gardner Warrior hit harder than Doomsday. Do you believe that too?

Igniz
Wait a minute.Are we using classic Mangog?If so, isn't Mangog feeding on negative emotions like hatred?And if I remember correctly, doesn't Doomsday have that he hates everything nature about him because of the many times he was killed?Wouldn't Doomsday end up making Mangog stronger and more powerful in the process big grin ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes Mangog can feed off hate/rage, becoming stronger in the process.

Originally posted by h1a8
I read them. It's just my philosophy is to take a characters best showings as a representative of themself (as long as they are not PIS). DOS is fast or faster than flash and has the power to injure Superman with mere punches. Also, DOS DD seemed almost absolutely indestructible to me. It not only took Superman's greatest might to put him down but thousands of blows from Superman to get this done. DOS speed and power alone tells me he can combo Mangog to ko.

As opposed to other high end beings like Thor?

Don't get me wrong, most of it was stupid, but this just stood out due to the possible implications.

quanchi112
This is Hunter Prey Doomsday who adapts instantly even recovered in a second from Death. Darkseid already destroyed him to nothing and he was back in a second to destroy darkseid. He can adapt to win the battle HP Doomsday would slaughter him Darkseid never destroyed him he only buried him beneath rubble and he only adapted to a few things in mid battle.

Hp Doomsday was beating up on a psychologically weakened Superman and Darkseid isn't known for his hand to hand badass fighting skills by most writers so take it as you will.

YoungGunna
Recently, though, his adaptive capabilities have been greatly enhanced to the point where he can recover and adapt almost instantaneously.EXAMPLEmesseduperman used a sound gun to paralyze Doomsday, but Doomsday's auditory canals closed making him impervious to the weapon.
His strength is stated to be virtually unlimited as he is able to easily kill Kryptonians
Doomsday can also develop weapons and evolutions to counter an opponent such as the case when he cancelled out a being of pure energy (i.e. Radiant) by generating an aura of energy and slamming into him, extending his claws to strike while Superman was in flight and reel him in while slowly poisoning him in the Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey or breathe flames against the Martian Manhunter in Superman #175. Doomsday now adapts nearly instantly to threats.
He also tanked a Omega Beam from point balnk range with no problem
Doomsday wins

quanchi112
Recently, though, his adaptive capabilities have been greatly enhanced to the point where he can recover and adapt almost instantaneously.EXAMPLEmesseduperman used a sound gun to paralyze Doomsday, but Doomsday's auditory canals closed making him impervious to the weapon.
His strength is stated to be virtually unlimited as he is able to easily kill Kryptonians
Doomsday can also develop weapons and evolutions to counter an opponent such as the case when he cancelled out a being of pure energy (i.e. Radiant) by generating an aura of energy and slamming into him, extending his claws to strike while Superman was in flight and reel him in while slowly poisoning him in the Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey or breathe flames against the Martian Manhunter in Superman #175. Doomsday now adapts nearly instantly to threats.
He also tanked a Omega Beam from point balnk range with no problem
Doomsday wins Kyptonians since easily beat him to death so he hasn't even shown capable of evolving past physical attacks thus destroying this whole he evolves past everything thrown his way.

YoungGunna
Kyptonians since easily beat him to death so he hasn't even shown capable of evolving past physical attacks thus destroying this whole he evolves past everything thrown his way.
Theres different versions of DD this is HP DD that easily killed Darkseid level beings
He had to be dumped at the end of time by Waverider and Superman as a last ditch effort as he was evovling off the fly.
Everything In the above post was straight off his bio
So get your facts together and stop being so bias

quanchi112
Theres different versions of DD this is HP DD that easily killed Darkseid level beings
He had to be dumped at the end of time by Waverider and Superman as a last ditch effort as he was evovling off the fly.
Everything In the above post was straight off his bio
So get your facts together and stop being so bias Beating Darkseid in hand to hand isn't the greatest thing to ever happen on panel. The reason he was dumped at the end of time was to stop the process of him just coming back at a later date it wasn't the only way to defeat him it was the only way to defeat him without having him come back at a later date.

YoungGunna
Beating Darkseid in hand to hand isn't the greatest thing to ever happen on panel. The reason he was dumped at the end of time was to stop the process of him just coming back at a later date it wasn't the only way to defeat him it was the only way to defeat him without having him come back at a later date.
I'm trying to tell you Hp DD adapts right there on spot
Doomsday wins bra

h1a8
Yes Mangog can feed off hate/rage, becoming stronger in the process.

As opposed to other high end beings like Thor?

Don't get me wrong, most of it was stupid, but this just stood out due to the possible implications. IMO, Thor is not a high end being in the physical strength department. I would say he is a mid level being (right below single planet level). Neither him or anyone in his weight class can injure DOS Superman with mere punches (like break his jaw). Thor with the hammer might be able to but certainly not with regular punches.

I'm going by how I think writer's would have DOS DD face Silver Age Mangog. And I believe they will have DOS DD come out on top.

Rage.Of.Olympus
IMO, Thor is not a high end being in the physical strength department.

facepalm

I would say he is a mid level being (right below single planet level). Neither him or anyone in his weight class can injure DOS Superman with mere punches (like break his jaw). Thor with the hammer might be able to but certainly not with regular punches.

Mid level being? If you consider Superman and Doomsday as mid level beings, then sure, Thor's in that tier. Thor can strike with planet leveling force.

There is a huge difference between hurting someone with a punch and breaking their jaw with a punch. If Thor were to punch Superman in the face, he'd get hurt and rocked whether it's the current or DOS version. I find it pretty damn unlikely that Thor could break Clark's jaw with a punch, but the same could be said for Doomsday and other physical rivals.

I'm going by how I think writer's would have DOS DD face Silver Age Mangog. And I believe they will have DOS DD come out on top.

Your so full of shit, it's mind boggling.

quanchi112
I'm trying to tell you Hp DD adapts right there on spot
Doomsday wins bra He didn't adapt to imperiex did he ? Nah. Changing his auditory canals isn't reason to claim he adapts to everything thrown his way.Originally posted by h1a8
IMO, Thor is not a high end being in the physical strength department. I would say he is a mid level being (right below single planet level). Neither him or anyone in his weight class can injure DOS Superman with mere punches (like break his jaw). Thor with the hammer might be able to but certainly not with regular punches.

I'm going by how I think writer's would have DOS DD face Silver Age Mangog. And I believe they will have DOS DD come out on top. It's astonishing how consistently completely off base you go from post to post.

Igniz
IMO, Thor is not a high end being in the physical strength department. I would say he is a mid level being (right below single planet level). Neither him or anyone in his weight class can injure DOS Superman with mere punches (like break his jaw). Thor with the hammer might be able to but certainly not with regular punches.

You do realize HP Doomsday would end up making Mangog stronger in the process because of the very nature of his hostility?Mangog will feed on Doomsday's hatred of all life(which is the reason for Doomsday's hostility).And how will HP DD adapt to Mangog?By realizing his rage and hostility makes Mangog stronger?As if HP DD is capable of thought.Between Mangog and Doomsday, Mangog is capable of speaking and thinking.He's not a mindless raging engine of destruction like Doomsday is.Odin even told the old gods that Mangog's evil is a very persistent one and that after so many years of formation it couldn't be destroyed but only imprisoned(Thor#195).I even remember Mangog(Under the guise of Odin) turning Balder into a dog,Hogun into a donkey,Volstagg into a pig,Fandral into a ram and Sif into a crone(Thor#250).I'll give this fight to Mangog.

h1a8
facepalm

Mid level being? If you consider Superman and Doomsday as mid level beings, then sure, Thor's in that tier. Thor can strike with planet leveling force.

There is a huge difference between hurting someone with a punch and breaking their jaw with a punch. If Thor were to punch Superman in the face, he'd get hurt and rocked whether it's the current or DOS version. I find it pretty damn unlikely that Thor could break Clark's jaw with a punch, but the same could be said for Doomsday and other physical rivals.

Your so full of shit, it's mind boggling. I believe DD can break Superman's jaw with a punch.

Yes DOS Superman and DOS DD was mid tier in strength.

And I am full of shyt as you said.

I just believe DOS DD is invincible and unbeatable. Superman beating him was PIS. laughing out loud

But based off feats Silver Age Mangog should beat all DD except HP (stalemate there unless DD evolves something to gain an upper edge). Current Mangog dies though.

YoungGunna
He didn't adapt to imperiex did he ? Nah. Changing his auditory canals isn't reason to claim he adapts to everything thrown his way. It's astonishing how consistently completely off base you go from post to post.
Mangog would fair no better against Imperiex he leagues above DD and Mangog bad comparison
HP Doomsday wins

KuRuPT Thanosi

Are the words philosphy and delusional interchangeable now?

KuRuPT Thanosi
facepalm

Your so full of shit, it's mind boggling. If Zod could do it.. I have no doubt a bloodlusted Thor with Mjolnir could

quanchi112
Mangog would fair no better against Imperiex he leagues above DD and Mangog bad comparison
HP Doomsday wins I think he'd fare a lot better considering the energies of Imperiex couldn't phase a sundipped Superman.

YoungGunna
I think he'd fare a lot better considering the energies of Imperiex couldn't phase a sundipped Superman.
Your using ABC logic Plus that wasn't HP doomsday Imperiex killed
Mangog lost to classic Thor and was taking orders from classic Thanos
Get out of here man

YoungGunna
Plus the OP never said we were using SA Mangog but you guys continue to

YoungGunna
Get out of here man
My fault Imperiex did kill Hp Doomsday but Imperiex is a universal threat with the power of the Big Bang itself Mangog wouldn't last a second against him he couldn't even beat Thor and HP pawned Darkseid and much others
HP Doomsday wins

KuRuPT Thanosi
SA Mangog handles any Doomsday like rage says... Jurgens Mangog gets beat by HP after a decent fight but a clear win for HP

quanchi112
Get out of here man It's the same doomsday. Mangog lost to an anti force blast in his mouth. I think that would also defeat DD.

Taking orders from someone doesn't mean you are physically weaker than the thanos clone who was badass in his own right anyways. By your logic the president is physically superior to any soldier.

Zack Fair
Nevermind.

h1a8
DoS DD had no healing factor and didn't evolve on the fly.
HP DD has a healing factor (will heal from each blow) and will evolve to a point where Mangog can't effect him anymore. The only way HP DD could be beat is if it is a one-shot. This is because DD would be dead before he can evolve immunity.

Also HP DD was far more powerful than Superman. He shot his claws through Superman's shoulder like it was made of liquid. Not tissue paper but liquid! HP DD can one-shot Mangog if he shot one of those claws through his brain like that.

And Sundipped Superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any DD. His power rivaled the power of Imperiex himself.

rotiart
the president is physically superior to thanos.

He controls the almighty pen... And an eraser!
.... :-P

quanchi112
Originally posted by rotiart
He controls the almighty pen... And an eraser!
.... :-P Taking things way too far, brah.

Igniz
Plus the OP never said we were using SA Mangog but you guys continue to

The OP never said current Mangog as well.Current would get wreck by HP Doomsday because of the obvious nerfing.

Get out of here man

You're acting as if Thanos can't permanently kill Doomsday.The fact the Cosmic Entity Death chose Thanos as her Avatar, already says Thanos would kill Doomsday permanently since Thanos was killing beings that belonged to a universe were Death is defeated.Saying "No!Thanos can't permanently kill Doomsday because he'll just come back and adapt to pawn Thanos" is like saying Doomsday is immune to the Cosmic Entity Death.

h1a8
Originally posted by Igniz
The OP never said current Mangog as well.Current would get wreck by HP Doomsday because of the obvious nerfing.

You're acting as if Thanos can't permanently kill Doomsday.The fact the Cosmic Entity Death chose Thanos as her Avatar, already says Thanos would kill Doomsday permanently since Thanos was killing beings that belonged to a universe were Death is defeated.Saying "No!Thanos can't permanently kill Doomsday because he'll just come back and adapt to pawn Thanos" is like saying Doomsday is immune to the Cosmic Entity Death. Thanos can't kill DD period. DD is far to durable to even sustain any damage. Even if DD did receive damage it would not only be small but healed back up almost instantaneously.

Also, HP DD can adapt in mid battle to counter any attack. The only way to kill him is to one shot him. Not even Imperiex can one shot HP DD. For the intentions of HP DD was that he was beyond death and no force in the universe could end him, except the end of time. This was clearly writer's intentions.

quanchi112
Thanos can't kill DD period. DD is far to durable to even sustain any damage. Even if DD did receive damage it would not only be small but healed back up almost instantaneously.

Also, HP DD can adapt in mid battle to counter any attack. The only way to kill him is to one shot him. Not even Imperiex can one shot HP DD. For the intentions of HP DD was that he was beyond death and no force in the universe could end him, except the end of time. This was clearly writer's intentions. Imperiex did oneshot hp DD with his attack. LOL.

The writer flat out stated you are wrong and that even superman at 95 percent power could physically kill him. Everything you say is flat out denied by the writer himself.

h1a8
Imperiex did oneshot hp DD with his attack. LOL.

The writer flat out stated you are wrong and that even superman at 95 percent power could physically kill him. Everything you say is flat out denied by the writer himself. He did not one shot HP DD. He never met HP DD.

Is Jurgens Mangog the same as Silver Age Mangog? No it isn't.
And neither is Jurgens DD the same as Loeb DD.

First of all, I don't believe the writer of Hunter Prey said Superman at 95% could kill HP DD. Who ever said that is either on drugs or Superman operates at far under 95% the vast majority of the time.

Second, I don't go by writer's opinions but what is shown on panel.

psycho gundam
I don't go by writer's opinions but what is shown on the versus forum.

Igniz
Thanos can't kill DD period. DD is far to durable to even sustain any damage. Even if DD did receive damage it would not only be small but healed back up almost instantaneously.

Also, HP DD can adapt in mid battle to counter any attack. The only way to kill him is to one shot him. Not even Imperiex can one shot HP DD. For the intentions of HP DD was that he was beyond death and no force in the universe could end him, except the end of time. This was clearly writer's intentions.

laughing laughing laughing Your post makes wanna make a thread.The title would be "Is Doomsday immune to the Cosmic Entity Death?"The problem with Thanos is that if you fight him, you'll also be fighting the one he worships as evidenced in the Thanos Imperative.As for this thread, how can HP DD stop Mangog from feeding on his rage?If you're gonna say HP DD will adapt and become stronger, the same goes for Mangog as the fight goes on.

quanchi112
He did not one shot HP DD. He never met HP DD.

Is Jurgens Mangog the same as Silver Age Mangog? No it isn't.
And neither is Jurgens DD the same as Loeb DD.

First of all, I don't believe the writer of Hunter Prey said Superman at 95% could kill HP DD. Who ever said that is either on drugs or Superman operates at far under 95% the vast majority of the time.

Second, I don't go by writer's opinions but what is shown on panel. Yes, he met the same character and the writer stated point blank that doomsday can be physically killed by superman.

Every writer puts a different spin on a character but we take the entire body of work.

You yourself brought up the writer's intentions so you just exposed yourself a post later by disregarding the writer's opinion. You're wrong and have never read it anyways.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I believe DD can break Superman's jaw with a punch.

Yes DOS Superman and DOS DD was mid tier in strength.

And I am full of shyt as you said.

I just believe DOS DD is invincible and unbeatable. Superman beating him was PIS. laughing out loud

But based off feats Silver Age Mangog should beat all DD except HP (stalemate there unless DD evolves something to gain an upper edge). Current Mangog dies though.

Lol.

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
If Zod could do it.. I have no doubt a bloodlusted Thor with Mjolnir could

No doubt, but rivals don't often break bones at that level. They could of course -Thor was breaking Hulk's bones at one point- but not the norm.

h1a8
Originally posted by Igniz
laughing laughing laughing Your post makes wanna make a thread.The title would be "Is Doomsday immune to the Cosmic Entity Death?"The problem with Thanos is that if you fight him, you'll also be fighting the one he worships as evidenced in the Thanos Imperative.As for this thread, how can HP DD stop Mangog from feeding on his rage?If you're gonna say HP DD will adapt and become stronger, the same goes for Mangog as the fight goes on.

What you don't know is that Thor koed a later version of Mangog with physical force with ONE BLOW. HP DD destroys current Mangog. Silver Age Mangog would be a different fight all together.

Second, Thanos had the power to keep things dead, provided he is able to kill them. Now if Thanos is able to kill HP DD then yes I can believe he may stay dead. But I don't believe that Thanos can kill DD let alone do more damage than what the OE done (which was nothing).

Horrificus
Originally posted by the Darkone
SA Mangog works HP Doomsday!

Regular Mangog has to work for it more! SA Mangog is the "regular" Mangog.

His most recent flopping is just another side effect of Marvel's current "Age of the Fanboy" writing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.