Galactus & Silver Surfer VS Odin, Thor, & Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Galactus & Silver Surfer VS Odin, Thor, Destroyer, & Loki

all of them are at full power. thor is odin force thor.

no prep

how does it go?

G clears the field

Harbinger
Destroyer at Full Power= the Destroyer that took on the Celestials? If so, then the team has a shot only because of the Destroyer. The rest of the team is of no consequence.

janus77
Galactus blinks them all out of existence.

celestialdemon
Galactus solos.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So is the Destroyer a separate team member? If so, whose operating it? And if the Destroyer is at it's greatest level of power shown, Team 2.

Bouboumaster
Galactus Event ftw

zopzop
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Galactus Event ftw

They go intangible or tp away.

Dr. Strange has made a fool of Galactus before. Loki is at least as wily as Strange in terms of magic tricks and in terms of sheer power Odin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strange.

Team two takes this.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by zopzop
They go intangible or tp away.

Dr. Strange has made a fool of Galactus before. Loki is at least as wily as Strange in terms of magic tricks and in terms of sheer power Odin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Strange.

Team two takes this. Did Galactus happen to be vastly weakened?

zopzop
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Did Galactus happen to be vastly weakened?

Don't' recall. Strange cast one of those Illusions of Ikonn spell and Galactus fell over like a sick tree in a category 5 hurricane.

Sr J-Bieb
Don't' recall. Strange cast one of those Illusions of Ikonn spell and Galactus fell over like a sick tree in a category 5 hurricane. So, weakened Galactus.

zopzop
So, weakened Galactus.

Was he weakened at the time? I don't recall. I need to find what issue it's from, because I don't remember the scan mentioning him being weakened or hungry.

EDIT :

He was weakened. Here's the scan :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/41615/1211251-1154140_galactusbeatdown1_600x890_s_super.jpg

Oh well. I still say Team Two.

Mindset
Sounds like he was weakened.

Glad we got that cleared up.

Sr J-Bieb
Was he weakened at the time? I don't recall. I need to find what issue it's from, because I don't remember the scan mentioning him being weakened or hungry.

EDIT :

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/41615/1211251-1154140_galactusbeatdown1_600x890_s_super.jpg

Oh well. I still say Team Two. The guy was shrinking the whole time he was fighting the Avengers...

If you think Strange basically one shotted a full power Galactus, then it's no wonder why you seemingly hate Galactus.

Then there's the part where Loki doesn't have that spell...

zopzop
The guy was shrinking the whole time he was fighting the Avengers...

If you think Strange basically one shotted a full power Galactus, then it's no wonder why you seemingly hate Galactus.

Then there's the part where Loki doesn't have that spell...

I don't "hate" Galactus, I just think he's over rated. We'll see soon enough who'd win in a fight between Odin/Galactus, supposedly they go at it in a month or so.

Sr J-Bieb
I don't "hate" Galactus, I just think he's over rated. We'll see soon enough who'd win in a fight between Odin/Galactus, supposedly they go at it in a month or so. Hate, dislike, etc

Rage, Queen of Thor Fangirls hates Fraction for a reason. Either way, people like you won't like it if Galactus wins (via Skyfather feats > Abstracts... and hating Galactus), and Galactus fans won't like it if Odin wins.
Should be interesting to say the least.

zopzop
Hate, dislike, etc

Rage, Queen of Thor Fangirls hates Fraction for a reason. Either way, people like you won't like it if Galactus wins (via Skyfather feats > Abstracts... and hating Galactus), and Galactus fans won't like it if Odin wins.
Should be interesting.

If you check my post history, LoM and I actually believe there's no way in hell any Earth deity should be able to even scratch Galactus. But Marvel seems to think otherwise.

Having said that, we got to go by on panel feats and common foes to determine relative power levels, especially if they never faced off before.

Odin has a history of better on panel feats.

Look at the Odin/Thanos and Thanos/Galactus fight. Thanos barely made Odin flinch yet Thanos knocked Galactus off his feet and hurled him several hundred feet more and blew off his helmet.

Sr J-Bieb
If you check my post history, LoM and I actually believe there's no way in hell any Earth deity should be able to even scratch Galactus. But Marvel seems to think otherwise.

Having said that, we got to go by on panel feats and common foes to determine relative power levels, especially if they never faced off before.

Odin has a history of better on panel feats.

Look at the Odin/Thanos and Thanos/Galactus fight. Thanos barely made Odin flinch yet Thanos knocked Galactus off his feet and hurled him several hundred feet more and blew off his helmet.
Actually, Pak seems to think otherwise... and you apparently. I actually find it interesting how you're trying to lure me into a Galactus vs Odin debate.
"I don't think an Earth Diety should be able to scratch Galactus, but I think Odin beats him"
No contradiction at all.

Double OK. Odin also isn't weakened every other appearance. I'd say he doesn't, but that would just get into a feat war. Odin has some truly awful feats too that never get brought up by anyone other than Quan trying to lowball, but Galactus' are brought up by everyone. It gives a Long Pig Strange type feeling to Galactus but as a severe negative instead of a positive.

And got one shotted by Galactus through his shields...

zopzop
Actually, Pak seems to think otherwise... and you apparently. I actually find it interesting how you're trying to lure me into a Galactus vs Odin debate.
"I don't think an Earth Diety should be able to scratch Galactus, but I think Odin beats him"
No contradiction at all.

Re-read that. I said I don't THINK any Earth deity should be able to even scratch Galactus but Marvel thinks otherwise. We have to go by on panel feats and common foes to determine who'd win, especially if they never fought before.

Actually it would take more than one shot and later Galactus would have to replenish his power store from the strain of breaking through Thanos' shields. Odin wasn't even winded in his fight vs Thanos.

Re-read that. I said I don't THINK any Earth deity should be able to even scratch Galactus but Marvel thinks otherwise. We have to go by on panel feats and common foes to determine who'd win, especially if they never fought before.

Actually it would take more than one shot and later Galactus would have to replenish his power store from the strain of breaking through Thanos' shields. Odin wasn't even winded in his fight vs Thanos. he defeated thanos in a single blast and thanos begged for his life afterward while odin hadnt put him down for good after a dozen attacks and thanos kept coming back for more beating. G only needed to replenish because he was saving up for bigger things

Sr J-Bieb
Re-read that. I said I don't THINK any Earth deity should be able to even scratch Galactus but Marvel thinks otherwise. We have to go by on panel feats and common foes to determine who'd win, especially if they never fought before. Exactly what I said. It's contradicting.

You hate Galactus, and show it every thread. Covering it up doesn't work when you blatantly go against it.

You're not going to fool this guy with dubious disclaimers.

Actually it would take more than one shot and later Galactus would have to replenish his power store from the strain of breaking through Thanos' shields. Odin wasn't even winded in his fight vs Thanos. One shotted.
Thanos gave up. Thanos didn't give up against Odin after multiple shots.

That, plus that's the fastest Galactus has ever been drained, but whatever, he one shotted Thanos through all his shields, while Thanos didn't seem to use any against Odin.

Don't leave out the most important part when you bring something up is all I'm saying.

zopzop
Exactly what I said. It's contradicting.

You hate Galactus, and show it every thread. Covering it up doesn't work when you blatantly go against it.

You're not going to fool this guy with dubious disclaimers.

It's not contradicting at all. Everyone on the board seems to think that Galactus >>>>>>>>Odin, yet on panel evidence is completely the opposite of this. Galactus just recently busted a galaxy, yet Odin's been doing it since the 60s/70s.

Thanos was there to warn Galactus not pick a fight. Galactus even said one MORE shot would drop Thanos' shields. How can that be one shotting? How could Thanos send Galactus REELING yet be unable to even budge Odin? Galactus needed to feed after one blast vs Thanos shields, Odin wasn't even working up a sweat.

Sr J-Bieb
It's not contradicting at all. Everyone on the board seems to think that Galactus >>>>>>>>Odin, yet on panel evidence is completely the opposite of this. Galactus just recently busted a galaxy, yet Odin's been doing it since the 60s/70s.
"It's not contradicting at all because Odin has better feats"

I don't think you realize what you're talking about. In fact, you're only proving what I've been saying...

Also lol at expecting a being who feeds off planets to destroy galaxy's worths of planets. Maybe we can judge Spider-Man's power level off of how many steaks he can destroy in a punch.

Thanos was there to warn Galactus not pick a fight. Galactus even said one MORE shot would drop Thanos' shields. How can that be one shotting? How could Thanos send Galactus REELING yet be unable to even budge Odin? Galactus needed to feed after one blast vs Thanos shields, Odin wasn't even working up a sweat. Thanos was there to help save Thor. Odin even said he hasn't had a challenge that hard in ages. How can that be better? How could Thanos withstand all of Odin's shots, but was unable to stand up to one by Galactus? Odin needed to pull out Gungir to effect shieldless Thanos, and Galactus did it through all of Thanos's shields with one shot.

celestialdemon

Thanos was there to warn Galactus not pick a fight. Galactus even said one MORE shot would drop Thanos' shields. How can that be one shotting? How could Thanos send Galactus REELING yet be unable to even budge Odin? Galactus needed to feed after one blast vs Thanos shields, Odin wasn't even working up a sweat.

What you failed to mention is that Thanos has been upgraded since his fight with Odin. So while he now had the power to knock back an unprepared Galactus, he knew he was screwed when it was Galactus' turn to attack.

What would a fight between Odin and Thanos be like now? confused

zopzop
"It's not contradicting at all because Odin has better feats"

I don't think you realize what you're talking about. In fact, you're only proving what I've been saying...

Trust me I do. I don't THINK he should be in Galactus' league BUT on panel feats say otherwise. You can read right?

Then why did he destroy all those potential meal planets in the galaxy the Annihilation Wave was in?

Odin wasn't going all out at all. We KNOW if he wanted to he could amp off the land of Asgard and the life forces of the Asgardians and Thanos would have been reduced to ashes. When he gave his power to Thor so he could go one on one vs a galaxy busting being, Surtur, he drew enough power from the land of Asgard to amp himself up to Seth's level (who had drained his entire Pantheon of power).

Sr J-Bieb
Trust me I do. I don't THINK he should be in Galactus' league BUT on panel feats say otherwise. You can read right? Right, contradicting.

But I'm curious about your on panel feats, seeing as you didn't even know Galactus was weakened in the Strange scenario. Bring these on panel feats from Galactus forth, and I'll give you the context. I'm serious here, let's see what you think afterwards. Low feats preferred... which I guess I don't have to mention.

Then why did he destroy all those potential meal planets in the galaxy the Annihilation Wave was in? Because he was pissed off from being captured and drained for so long. That's like the only time he's outright destroyed planets outside the small planetoids in the In-Betweener fight, and him potentially destroying some in the IG fight.

Odin wasn't going all out at all. We KNOW if he wanted to he could amp off the land of Asgard and the life forces of the Asgardians and Thanos would have been reduced to ashes. When he gave his power to Thor so he could go one on one vs a galaxy busting being, Surtur, he drew enough power from the land of Asgard to amp himself up to Seth's level (who had drained his entire Pantheon of power). I like how this went from an attempt to shit on Galactus, to going to "Well, Odin wasn't going all out you see"

Also, lol at Odin not going all out because he wasn't amping himself using Asgard like he's done in those... few appearances.
Which would have made that Odin as per KMC rules...

SuperMan103

EDIT :

Oh well. I still say Team Two.

in infinity war, when a space-pirate guy invaded galactus' ship, he made fools out of nova, silver surfer, and strange, yet galactus killed him on a whim.

then there was infinity war again when strange himself admitted that he would be no match for galactus and willingly submitted himself to him. there was also the time when strange said something like (paraphrasing here) "the only way to fight galactus is to find your hat, pick it up, and run."

all of those showings are far more recent than the Ikonn showing so... galactus >>>>>>> classic dr. strange.

Hyperion Prime
I hope Galactus owns Odin. He is such an arrogant prick/jerk.

Anyway Galactus wins this fight.

zopzop
Right, contradicting.

Ok so you dont' comprehend what you read? KKs got it.

I corrected myself and even presented the scan. What on panel feats by Galactus? To my knowledge he's only done two things worth mentioning feat wise : teleporting a "galaxy" in some Rom issue in the 80s and busting a galaxy in Annihilation Wave.

Yes pissed and hungry, why'd he destroy potential meals?

But he wasn't, you know that right? Like why not press the advantage when he had Thanos on his knees?

He's done it more than once no? So it's a valid feat.

Sr J-Bieb
Ok so you dont' comprehend what you read? KKs got it. Right, contradicting

I corrected myself and even presented the scan. What on panel feats by Galactus? To my knowledge he's only done two things worth mentioning feat wise : teleporting a "galaxy" in some Rom issue in the 80s and busting a galaxy in Annihilation Wave. Oh ya, you're the guy who only thinks things matter if they operate on galaxy level... nevermind. So, it's not even low feats at all, it's just him lacking 'galaxy level' feats. lol

Actually, let's try something else.
Odin destroying galaxies was a shared feat with Seth that didn't even effect the planet they were on... oh BTW, I guess there's no reason to not bring this up then, but Galactus and Tyrant were said to have destroyed galaxies.
The other time Odin destroyed galaxies? Oh ya, there is no other time. The closest is when Infinity was wiping out planets one by one and Odin said "Galaxies fall".

Yes pissed and hungry, why'd he destroy potential meals? Because he was pissed off after suffering the worst he's ever had to withstand?

You know why he doesn't destroy galaxies or try to. You know him wiping it clean once was just because of the circumstances. Why are you trying to pursue this?

"He did it once, he should do it all the time!"

But he wasn't, you know that right? Like why not press the advantage when he had Thanos on his knees? Because he gave him a chance to surrender? He thought he was dead, realized he wasn't, and then gave him a chance to stop.

Also, he thought he was dead.

He's done it more than once no? So it's a valid feat. It doesn't matter if it's a valid feat or not, or viable in battle. What matters is it doesn't mean Odin wasn't 'going all out' just because he never absorbed energy from Asgard, when it's so rarely used.
He tried to win using his own power, his own power which is relevant to KMC.

zopzop
Right, contradicting

Reading comprehension................fail.

Actually no I was just using their best feats as a point of reference power wise.

No. During his fight with Seth, they : shook the multiverse, threatened reality with destruction, AND reignited long dead stars throughout the galaxy. Keep in mind Odin, even after he lent Thor his power to fight off Surtur (a galaxy buster), amped from Asgard itself enough power to meet Seth as an equal (the same Seth who had the power of his ENTIRE pantheon).

Odin has busted a galaxy at least twice I think. I'll have to check the scans.

No, you said he doesn't bust galaxies because it wouldn't make sense seeing as how he feeds on planets to live. I merely said if that's true, why did he wipe out a galaxy in AW when he desperately needed sustenance?

True, once he heard him speaking, why didn't Odin press the attack while Thanos was still on his knees? Because Odin wasn't' going all out.

News flash, Asgard and the lifeforce of the Asgardians ARE his power. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to drain them on a whim. Odin, at any time could have press the attack when he had Thanos down, but he didn't'.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin can't access his full power without becoming giant sized. To compensate for this, he created the royal Scepter which better allows him to channel his inner power. Odin can further vastly increase his power -besides entering his full power mode- by tapping into the Odin Force imbued into Asgard and the Asgardians.

In other words, Odin wasn't going all out without even taking into account the other two energy reserves.

If we start using Thanos as a measuring stick, Galactus doesn't come off looking much more powerful than Odin. Especially when you consider that Odin can become noticeably more powerful without a thought, and can even go further by drawing on Asgard/Asgardians. Whatever, Starlin loves his pets.

Sr J-Bieb
Reading comprehension................fail.
Right, contradicting

Actually no I was just using their best feats as a point of reference power wise.
That explains why everything you said had to do with galaxies. Actually, that explains why you said the only things worth mentioning had to do with galaxies.

Galaxies bro, galaxies

But anyway, I understand you've probably never read a comic involving Galactus, so let me help you out for the future... or so you try to shit on him less in the next thread:

Galactus' power held off against the Pre Retcon Beyonder
Galactus stalemated the In-Betweener after just waking up from a coma where he was hungry going into
Galactus was about eat Mephisto's realm
Galactus held off the Galactus Engine by himself
Galactus beat full power Tyrant
Killed a Watcher in the Annihilation purge
Teleported a galaxy
One shotted Thanos like Odin didn't
Ate the Elders (which included Grandmaster and Collector who are powerful in their own right)
Was going to be used to destroy two universes
Fraction of knowledge from his tech created Korvac
etc

No. During his fight with Seth, they : shook the multiverse, threatened reality with destruction, AND reignited long dead stars throughout the galaxy. Keep in mind Odin, even after he lent Thor his power to fight off Surtur (a galaxy buster), amped from Asgard itself enough power to meet Seth as an equal (the same Seth who had the power of his ENTIRE pantheon).

Odin has busted a galaxy at least twice I think. I'll have to check the scans. Yes, I understand that that is Odin and Seth's highest feat by far. You won't see me saying otherwise that's for sure. thumb up

He got beaten by Seth... also, I hope you remember how Seth got beaten in that arc...
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-26.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-27.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-28.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-29.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-30.jpg

Also this:
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-19.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-20.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-21.jpg

IMPRESSIVE!
I like the part where winds enough to uproot a redwood gave him pause, and he called it impressive as well.

OK. But even if true, that's a far cry from this:
Galactus just recently busted a galaxy, yet Odin's been doing it since the 60s/70s.

Don't you think?
I mean twice doesn't exactly warrant saying he's been doing it since the 60/70's.

No, you said he doesn't bust galaxies because it wouldn't make sense seeing as how he feeds on planets to live. I merely said if that's true, why did he wipe out a galaxy in AW when he desperately needed sustenance? It doesn't make sense though. I know it, you know it. There is no "If that's true", it's true. Breaking galaxies doesn't make sense for Galactus, it's only there for feat fish like yourself, or for him to wipe out a galaxy spanning enemy like the Annihilation Wave was if you want an in comics explanation.
Funny thing is, he's still done it more than Odin though... so there's that.

He just got pissed off and destroy a bunch of shit. His disgust overrode his need to feed. He needed to wipe everything out, and 'everything' happened to spread throughout a galaxy. And the last time he did it, was when he didn't get hungry as fast before you point to the Tyrant fight.
I don't understand how you think you have a point here.

True, once he heard him speaking, why didn't Odin press the attack while Thanos was still on his knees? Because Odin wasn't' going all out. Have you ever read comics? Do you understand what the plot is? Then do you understand what PIS is?

Let's play the plot game though.
Why didn't Seth beat Odin when he had the chance in the "Multiverse shaker"?
Why didn't Seth simply bite Odin's head off when he had him wrapped up instead of talking about it first?
Why didn't Surtur kill Odin when he trapped him when he had the Twilight?
Why didn't why didn't why didn't why didn't (Why didn't)?

You know the answer to those questions? Plot. It's like saying Strange wasn't going all out when he had Zom's power on Hulk just because he let up afterwards.

News flash, Asgard and the lifeforce of the Asgardians ARE his power. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to drain them on a whim. Odin, at any time could have press the attack when he had Thanos down, but he didn't'. Which isn't relevant to the forum. <= The point.
Battles start on a neutral ground here, which wouldn't be Asgard. Which was the point of me saying that. Like it wouldn't be in Asgard here.

I hope you understand this simple concept... but you won't.

leonidas
well, least you avoided the odin vs galactus issue he was trying to draw you into.... no expression

stick out tongue

and their upcoming battle should be a very interesting one. something like 40 years or so in the making. not really sure what i'd like to see happen. i never liked the supposed 'depowering' of the skyfathers that 'supposedly' took place during that celestial arc, (always thought there was plenty of room for them and their power level in marvel cosmology) but likewise i've always been a huge galactus fan and have screamed on the forum for him to have some solid, respectful showings from marvel.

t'is a conundrum wrapped in a paradox methinks. i just hope marvel doesn't eff it up like they so often do.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by leonidas
well, least you avoided the odin vs galactus issue he was trying to draw you into.... no expression I like to think of it as beating around the bush without getting into Odin vs Galactus directly. smile

Also, this upcoming battle would probably be better written by someone else... but whatever, we're stuck with Fraction so we'll see what happens.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I just hope they have a good battle. If Galactus goes down like a b*tch that's it for him imo barring some clone/avatar level retcon.

Omega Vision
You always have the highest hopes for battles involving 'Thorverse' characters and cosmics.

Yet they mostly end up being pretty inconclusive lol.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin can't access his full power without becoming giant sized. To compensate for this, he created the royal Scepter which better allows him to channel his inner power. Odin can further vastly increase his power -besides entering his full power mode- by tapping into the Odin Force imbued into Asgard and the Asgardians.

In other words, Odin wasn't going all out without even taking into account the other two energy reserves.

If we start using Thanos as a measuring stick, Galactus doesn't come off looking much more powerful than Odin. Especially when you consider that Odin can become noticeably more powerful without a thought, and can even go further by drawing on Asgard/Asgardians. Whatever, Starlin loves his pets. Without amping, do you think Odin could have been going all out? Or 'not holding back'?

Sr J-Bieb
I just hope they have a good battle. If Galactus goes down like a b*tch that's it for him imo barring some clone/avatar level retcon. Funny thing he technically has avatars...

But if he goes down like a *****... then my greatest fears are true. I hope Fraction doesn't do that shit though. I mean, he is hyping up the fight, and he isn't Pak, so I have some hopes.

Omega Vision
Right, contradicting

That explains why everything you said had to do with galaxies. Actually, that explains why you said the only things worth mentioning had to do with galaxies.

Galaxies bro, galaxies

But anyway, I understand you've probably never read a comic involving Galactus, so let me help you out for the future... or so you try to shit on him less in the next thread:

Galactus' power held off against the Pre Retcon Beyonder
Galactus stalemated the In-Betweener after just waking up from a coma where he was hungry going into
Galactus was about eat Mephisto's realm
Galactus held off the Galactus Engine by himself
Galactus beat full power Tyrant
Killed a Watcher in the Annihilation purge
Teleported a galaxy
One shotted Thanos like Odin didn't
Ate the Elders (which included Grandmaster and Collector who are powerful in their own right)
Was going to be used to destroy two universes
Fraction of knowledge from his tech created Korvac
etc

Yes, I understand that that is Odin and Seth's highest feat by far. You won't see me saying otherwise that's for sure. thumb up

He got beaten by Seth... also, I hope you remember how Seth got beaten in that arc...
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-26.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-27.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-28.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-29.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-30.jpg

Also this:
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-19.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-20.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thor_400-21.jpg

IMPRESSIVE!
I like the part where winds enough to uproot a redwood gave him pause, and he called it impressive as well.

OK. But even if true, that's a far cry from this:

Don't you think?
I mean twice doesn't exactly warrant saying he's been doing it since the 60/70's.

It doesn't make sense though. I know it, you know it. There is no "If that's true", it's true. Breaking galaxies doesn't make sense for Galactus, it's only there for feat fish like yourself, or for him to wipe out a galaxy spanning enemy like the Annihilation Wave was if you want an in comics explanation.
Funny thing is, he's still done it more than Odin though... so there's that.

He just got pissed off and destroy a bunch of shit. His disgust overrode his need to feed. He needed to wipe everything out, and 'everything' happened to spread throughout a galaxy. And the last time he did it, was when he didn't get hungry as fast before you point to the Tyrant fight.
I don't understand how you think you have a point here.

Have you ever read comics? Do you understand what the plot is? Then do you understand what PIS is?

Let's play the plot game though.
Why didn't Seth beat Odin when he had the chance in the "Multiverse shaker"?
Why didn't Seth simply bite Odin's head off when he had him wrapped up instead of talking about it first?
Why didn't Surtur kill Odin when he trapped him when he had the Twilight?
Why didn't why didn't why didn't why didn't (Why didn't)?

You know the answer to those questions? Plot. It's like saying Strange wasn't going all out when he had Zom's power on Hulk just because he let up afterwards.

Which isn't relevant to the forum. <= The point.
Battles start on a neutral ground here, which wouldn't be Asgard. Which was the point of me saying that. Like it wouldn't be in Asgard here.

I hope you understand this simple concept... but you won't.
thumb up

SuperMan103
in what issue/series are odin and galactus going to battle?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Without amping, do you think Odin could have been going all out? Or 'not holding back'?

Not including the Odin Force in Asgard and Asgardians, Odin can become noticeably more powerful by growing giant sized. For him, it's not just an appearance change, as he accesses greater reserves of power, which is why he attains such a form when fighting cosmic scale opponents.

As such, I cannot assume Odin was going all out with even his own personal power. What Thanos was "battling" was basically a base version of Odin, for lack of a better a term. Of course, there's also the possibility that Starlin just doesn't realize how powerful Odin is or his capabilities.

Let me put it this way: In the context of that fight, Odin was definitely trying to put Thanos down but wasn't necessarily utilizing all his power/capabilities to do so.

Funny thing he technically has avatars...

But if he goes down like a *****... then my greatest fears are true. I hope Fraction doesn't do that shit though. I mean, he is hyping up the fight, and he isn't Pak, so I have some hopes.

Heh. Doubt anyone will take that angle anytime soon.

He knows how to sell shit in interviews but chokes hard come game time.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
You always have the highest hopes for battles involving 'Thorverse' characters and cosmics.

Yet they mostly end up being pretty inconclusive lol.

I'm better off than Darkseid fans.

"Please don't let him fight Superman. Please don't let him fight Superman."

Sr J-Bieb
Let me put it this way: In the context of that fight, Odin was definitely trying to put Thanos down but wasn't necessarily utilizing all his power/capabilities to do so. That's all I wanted to know.

Also, he only really grows giant sized to fight other big opponents, meh.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's all I wanted to know.

Also, he only really grows giant sized to fight other big opponents, meh.

It's obviously far from just a cosmetic change. Heck, arguably the main function of the Twilight Sword is the prevention of Odin from entering the full powered state.

Sr J-Bieb
Heh. Doubt anyone will take that angle anytime soon.

He knows how to sell shit in interviews but chokes hard come game time. And I hope they don't, unless Pak starts writing him more. He's pretty much like what Darkseid fans think of Darkseid, except he doesn't get beat up by high heralds...

He usually doesn't outright shit on characters completely though. I mean power wise at least.

It's obviously far from just a cosmetic change. Heck, arguably the main function of the Twilight Sword is the prevention of Odin from entering the full powered state. I realize. Just that that's when it comes out. You picking up what I'm putting down?

Him turning huge against Thanos would seem... odd.

Rage.Of.Olympus
And I hope they don't, unless Pak starts writing him more. He's pretty much like what Darkseid fans think of Darkseid, except he doesn't get beat up by high heralds...

He usually doesn't outright screw up characters completely, I mean, he's not Pak.

How the mighty have fallen.

Tell that to a Thor fan after they've read his last arc.

I realize. Just that that's when it comes out. You picking up what I'm putting down?

Him turning huge against Thanos would seem... odd.

Most of his more cosmic level opponents usually end up being huge like Seth, Surtur, Infinity. Don't I always?

It would also be just plain unfair in the context of comic continuity. He was getting his ass kicked by a base level Odin. If the All Father went Super Saiyan, it would have ended rather quickly.

Sr J-Bieb
How the mighty have fallen.

Tell that to a Thor fan after they've read his last arc.

Most of his more cosmic level opponents usually end up being huge like Seth, Surtur, Infinity. Don't I always?

It would also be just plain unfair in the context of comic continuity. He was getting his ass kicked by a base level Odin. If the All Father went Super Saiyan, it would have ended rather quickly. At least someone hasn't written an arc (terrible btw) of super Galactus tearing down everything because they're pissed off at him getting his shit pushed in by Superman.
Galactus' only current enemies are Pak, so he should be OK. Hopefully Fraction doesn't become one.

It wasn't that bad. The fisticuffs was hilarious though. fenga bitin

Ya. Which is why it wouldn't make sense if he did that to Thanos

Small Odin is still pretty powerful though. Pretty much KMC Odin.

Rage.Of.Olympus
At least someone hasn't written an arc (terrible btw) of super Galactus tearing down everything because they're pissed off at him getting his shit pushed in by Superman.

Galactus' only current enemies are Pak, so he should be OK. Hopefully Fraction doesn't become one

It wasn't that bad. The fisticuffs was hilarious though. fenga bitin

Ya. Which is why it wouldn't make sense if he did that to Thanos

Small Odin is still pretty powerful though. Pretty much KMC Odin.

You think that's why he wrote World War Hulk? It did seem like someone was overcompensating and each draft did end with a Superman clone beaten.

Lol, enemy.

You're lucky you're so beautiful or I'd break into a ten paragraph mega post about why that arc was so shockingly horrible.

If you think in the context of the story Odin entering a more powerful state didn't make sense, then I agree. If nothing else, Starlin might have not been aware of Odin's power and capabilities.

True, most people use the most seen version of Odin.

zopzop
Right, contradicting

It's not my fault you dont' understand what you're attempting to read.

That's their highest level feat. Unless you got something higher.

And?

Galactus was losing the fight and that's why the Elders and his Heralds had to jump in and save his ass. Plus Dr. Strange has beaten the IB. Yet Strange wanted NO part of Odin during the Blood and Thunder arc.

Yay? You realize Mephisto never put down Thor when Thor fought him in his own realm right?

Yay?

Then went on to get punked by DP Tyrant and almost killed by DP Tyrant till Morg saved his ass using the UN.

PIS, why didn't the Watcher tp away? PS was it confirmed that was a Watcher?

And Odin has created a dimension and populated it with living beings.

And depleted his resources to the point of needing to eat again. Unlike Odin who was unphased.

More like swallowed and they were killing him and he needed to be saved by Order and Chaos. That's not really something to brag about.

Yeah because he's been shown to have this capability before on panel right?

Another case of the creation being greater than the creator (first was Tyrant). Again nothing to be proud of.

Hope you remember just prior to that Odin had the upper hand but was distracted when he saw THor/Surtur TP in.

I guess you missed the part where he said ON PANEL that something has gone wrong with his power source, the Black Pyramid.

He's done it more than once. That's what counts.

Breaking galaxies don't make sense, until he does it when he should have been more worried about something to eat? How does that make sense?

Surtur wiped an entire galaxy just by forming his sword. Yet Odin gave Thor his power and Thor was fighting Surtur as a peer. Odin then drew enough power from the land of Asgard to amp himself to Seth's level, the same Seth who had the power of his ENTIRE pantheon. This alone should tell you how powerful Odin is and how much he can amp when shxt hits the fan.

Seth couldn't beat Odin during their multiverse shaking fight That's the whole point. Seth at best was stalemating an amnesiac Odin. Once Odin got his memory back, he wtfpwned Seth.

Seth was losing to Odin in THor 400, till Odin got distracted. Then before Seth could take advantage of this Hogun killed him with the cursed Black Knight. Nothing PISish involved in that.

Who says Odin has to be in the Asgard dimension to drain it's power? Is this mentioned somewhere? It's not "Asgard's" power, it's his. It's all his, even the lifeforces of the Asgardians. He can reclaim it anytime he wants.

Black bolt z
Galactus solos everyone on both teams.

Then himself.

Sr J-Bieb
Please learn how to quote, because I'm going to start putting stupid shit in my posts if that dumb keeps popping up

It's not my fault you dont' understand what you're attempting to read. Right, contradicting

That's their highest level feat. Unless you got something higher.
Oh ya, you're the guy who only thinks things matter if they operate on galaxy level... nevermind. So, it's not even low feats at all, it's just him lacking 'galaxy level' feats. lol

Apparently collateral damage > everything else. Welcome to the world of logic.

And? There's no 'and'. Galactus' power held off against the strongest being ever seen in Marvel. When you speak of "What Marvel thinks", that's pretty dang high.
Of course it was retconned, but that's what Marvel thought at that time.

Galactus was losing the fight and that's why the Elders and his Heralds had to jump in and save his ass. Plus Dr. Strange has beaten the IB. Yet Strange wanted NO part of Odin during the Blood and Thunder arc. He wasn't losing the fight... A weakened Galactus who just came out of a coma might have lost the fight though had it continued on the event horizon where IB would have been at his strongest, and a weakened Galactus who just came out of a coma would have still been weakened and had just came out of a coma.
He wasn't losing, he probably would have, but he wasn't losing. Fact is, weakened Galactus who just came out of a coma was stalemating everyday In-Betweener. And BTW, he was weakened and just came out of a coma.

Strange was getting worked over by IB not trying to hurt him, until he summoned Chaos and Order who were pissed at IB at the time...
Way to shit on one of your favorite characters though.

Yay? You realize Mephisto never put down Thor when Thor fought him in his own realm right? Mephisto transformed Mjolnir into goo, and then remade it...
And I'm talking about the whole realm but whatever.

Yay? Galactus holding a being back that was making "abstracts seem to be in retreat" which included Celestials is only deserving of a 'yay?'. We see Galactus and 4 Celestials fighting it, then next we see only Galactus fighting it alone... Ha.

What a shitty feat.

Then went on to get punked by DP Tyrant and almost killed by DP Tyrant till Morg saved his ass using the UN. Because Tyrant drained him with his own tech...

Which was obviously Tyrant just outright overpowering Galactus, amirite?

PIS, why didn't the Watcher tp away? PS was it confirmed that was a Watcher? You claim PIS to that? lmao
After you just brought up the multiverse shaking fight, and you said Odin created his own dimension? Oh this is grand.

What else would it have been? It was obviously a Watcher.

And Odin has created a dimension and populated it with living beings. What, Asgard?
Is that even bigger than a galaxy?

Last time I saw that retconned, it was Odin pushing rocks together over a long period of time. Don't know if Odin and his brothers creating it is still canon. Either way, it was over a period of time.

And depleted his resources to the point of needing to eat again. Unlike Odin who was unphased. Unlike Odin who didn't one shot Thanos you mean?

More like swallowed and they were killing him and he needed to be saved by Order and Chaos. That's not really something to brag about. It destroyed them...

He needed help because they reformed in his body because of immortality and he couldn't digest them because of it.

It's not bad, because again, it destroyed them... and then when he woke up from the coma, weakened Galactus went and stalemated In-Betweener.

Yeah because he's been shown to have this capability before on panel right?
He's never been used to blow up before. Funny you again question Galactus stuff though.

Another case of the creation being greater than the creator (first was Tyrant). Again nothing to be proud of.
Korvac higher than Galactus... Tyrant higher than Galactus

That's it, you must be trolling. There is no other excuse.

Hope you remember just prior to that Odin had the upper hand but was distracted when he saw THor/Surtur TP in. I realize, but he was still beaten by him.
If you're going to complain about context, you probably shouldn't have said half the things you said directly above this...

Hope you remember Seth experiencing extreme pain to Hogun and then getting 'killed' by a Black Knight Dildo. Oh wait, you don't have to remember since you just plain ignored it.

I guess you missed the part where he said ON PANEL that something has gone wrong with his power source, the Black Pyramid. I guess you missed the part when he said ON PANEL that something has gone wrong with the Black Pyramid AND THEN went and fought Odin.

So what is it?

He's done it more than once. That's what counts. But he hasn't. You completely ignored that.

And doing it twice still doesn't warrant talking down to 'one time'.

Breaking galaxies don't make sense, until he does it when he should have been more worried about something to eat? How does that make sense?

Surtur wiped an entire galaxy just by forming his sword. Yet Odin gave Thor his power and Thor was fighting Surtur as a peer. Odin then drew enough power from the land of Asgard to amp himself to Seth's level, the same Seth who had the power of his ENTIRE pantheon. This alone should tell you how powerful Odin is and how much he can amp when shxt hits the fan. Like I said before, you must be trolling. This is some Quan level shit.
Way to ignore what I said though.
Just because he did it, doesn't mean he should be doing it all the time, especially when it doesn't make sense for Galactus.
I'm not writing much more than that now or in the future because you'll just ignore it.

I realize what happened. The same Seth who I posted scans of in the previous post. He wasn't that impressive, and since you made a deal of Seth talking about the Black Pyramid, well the Black Pyramid was destroyed last I checked... and that's the Seth who fought Odin.

Seth couldn't beat Odin during their multiverse shaking fight That's the whole point. Seth at best was stalemating an amnesiac Odin. Once Odin got his memory back, he wtfpwned Seth.

Seth was losing to Odin in THor 400, till Odin got distracted. Then before Seth could take advantage of this Hogun killed him with the cursed Black Knight. Nothing PISish involved in that. Seth was beating Odin though. Why didn't he follow through with it instead of gloating, and letting Odin recall his memory?

Seth was only getting tossed around which is irrelevant to what I was talking about... and instead of talking he could have bit Odin straight away instead of talking about him going to bite Odin. Next time I'm in a fight, I'm going to stop and say that I'm going to throw a punch before I throw it.

Way to ignore the Surtur part. Way to miss the point. Just because he didn't press the attack doesn't mean he was letting up the whole time. It's called plot. If you don't understand, then you don't understand comics. Especially when the fight was done at that point, it wasn't even a mid battle thing either.

Who says Odin has to be in the Asgard dimension to drain it's power? Is this mentioned somewhere? It's not "Asgard's" power, it's his. It's all his, even the lifeforces of the Asgardians. He can reclaim it anytime he wants. Who says Odin can do it outside of Asgard? Is this mentioned somewhere?
I know Rage will help you out here if he has, but let's see if you can prove Odin can do it outside of Asgard. It will be fun. It will be like you proving something you said for once.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Conflicted. A quick skim and I want to point some things out to Bran but....I think it would be more fun to stay out of it.

For now.

excellent

Sr J-Bieb
Conflicted. A quick skim and I want to point some things out to Bran but....I think it would be more fun to stay out of it.

For now.

excellent PM me

leonidas

For now.

excellent

heh. i thought the same thing, but didn't want to say anything in case i ever go into a tournament against him and he has galactus and i have odin..... shifty

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by leonidas
heh. i thought the same thing, but didn't want to say anything in case i ever go into a tournament against him and he has galactus and i have odin..... shifty Tournament debating... ha

Made even less unlikely by me starting a job the end of this week/next week working 12 hour days

Plus, if we were in a tournament I'd actually research things, and then I'd kill you. stick out tongue

leonidas
Tournament debating... ha

Made even less unlikely by me starting a job the end of this week/next week working 12 hour days

Plus, if we were in a tournament I'd actually research things, and then I'd kill you. stick out tongue

laughing out loud

no expression

it would be fun though. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.