Kurtis Stryker vs. Chris Redfield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab34/Nadal17/Mortal%20Kombat/25305_BD_stryker_color_122_189lo.jpg

Vs.

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab243/Tank_Rex/RE5/chris-redfield.jpg

Stryker has with him his pistol, a baton, a concussion grenade, and a tazer.

Chris has a Beretta 92F/FS, a shock baton, a hand grenade, and a combat knife.

Fight takes place in the subway station.

Will Stryker give Chris a taste of police brutality?

Zack Fair
Chris wins the firefight.

H2H should go to stryker ...although Chris is a boulder punching SOB....so...dunno.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Nemesis X
http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab34/Nadal17/Mortal%20Kombat/25305_BD_stryker_color_122_189lo.jpg

Hey! It's George Bush!

StyleTime
Lmao. He does kinda resemble a younger, more chiseled Bush.

No End N Site
I think Styker's model was based of of George Bush in his days at Yale.

StyleTime
Hmmm..... Stryker needs a transformation called The Decider.

samirerre
and this what i call fanboy'ism .
cmon even if chris has heavy machine gun he wont
beat kurtis

Bro SMASH
Well in a gun fight, Chris would have the advantage since he has many different weapons. With his experience in shooting zombies and many other different foes with numerous weapons, he has the bigger chance of winning.

In a fist-fight, Stryker is the more likely winner. He did take out the likes of Reptile and Kintaro. Even if Chris could punch a boulder (which took him a long time to do), I doubt that's gonna be enough to beat Stryker.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by samirerre
and this what i call fanboy'ism .
cmon even if chris has heavy machine gun he wont
beat kurtis

And I'm the fanboy? uhuh

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Well in a gun fight, Chris would have the advantage since he has many different weapons. With his experience in shooting zombies and many other different foes with numerous weapons, he has the bigger chance of winning.

In a fist-fight, Stryker is the more likely winner. He did take out the likes of Reptile and Kintaro. Even if Chris could punch a boulder (which took him a long time to do), I doubt that's gonna be enough to beat Stryker.
It didn't take him that long to push it. Chris also held his own against a weakened/over-injected Wesker, and beat the likes of Alexia and such on his own in previous RE games.

Out of the opponents Stryker defeated in MK9, Ermac was the only one who actually had some feats. Others like Kintaro (with the exception of him burning Kabal's face) just served as punching bags for everyone they fought against.

A fight between Chris and Stryker could kinda go either way I guess.

Bro SMASH
Does anybody think that Stryker and Chris sound similar when they talk?

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
It didn't take him that long to push it. Chris also held his own against a weakened/over-injected Wesker, and beat the likes of Alexia and such on his own in previous RE games.

Out of the opponents Stryker defeated in MK9, Ermac was the only one who actually had some feats. Others like Kintaro (with the exception of him burning Kabal's face) just served as punching bags for everyone they fought against.

A fight between Chris and Stryker could kinda go either way I guess.

If I remember correctly, didn't Reptile dodge bullets?

Zack Fair

If I remember correctly, didn't Reptile dodge bullets?

Yeah. He also sucked ass and was beaten by everyone in the MKverse. Only other character being lamer than him is Baraka.

samirerre
stryker has a better speed
and besides he beat the shit out of mileena after playing with reptile,
which after he faced motaro and won again
and all in a combat
not spaming with bullets
so a gun battle wont be so hard for him

Ridley_Prime
They're done by the same voice actor, iirc.

As for Reptile dodging bullets, I think so. When was that again though? And was it Stryker's bullets he was dodging or somebody else's?

stryker has a better speed
and besides he beat the shit out of mileena after playing with reptile,
which after he faced motaro and won again
and all in a combat
not spaming with bullets
so a gun battle wont be so hard for him
Stryker never fought Motaro. Motaro got killed by Raiden when he was in the middle of battling with Johnny Cage.

samirerre
sorry i meant kintaro

Bro SMASH
They're done by the same voice actor, iirc.

As for Reptile dodging bullets, I think so. When was that again though? And was it Stryker's bullets he was dodging or somebody else's?

Well that explains it.

It was at the beginning of Stryker's chapter. I think both Stryker and Kabal were shooting at Reptile, while he was climbing up the building.

samirerre
stryker is funny dude
i liked how they added kabal as a good guy
stryker>chris
chris>chunli

Ridley_Prime
Alexia kind of gave Wesker a run for his money in Code Veronica, and Chris killed her by himself. Aside from the boulder punch and shit, that alone arguably puts him above someone like Stryker, imo.

Reptile dodging both their bullets is actually impressive then, more or less. Now if only he and Baraka had at least beaten one person in battle story-wise... erm

samirerre
reptile lost to strong foes not weak ones
johnny is joke character but he is not dan

Ridley_Prime
Cage may be the typical hollywood douche at times, but he's no joke as a fighter when compared to most others in the series. His victories (as well as taking Sindel's assault and living to tell about it) support that. Reptile and Baraka however, are like the lowest tier characters in the series. It doesn't really matter if whether the foes Reptile lost to were strong or weak. The fact he and Baraka haven't beaten anyone on their own in the new game just shows they're not even all that.

samirerre
so... kurtis>reptile>chris
infact johnny>kurtis>reptile>chris>dan

lordxalba
IN this case Chris Redfield

Zack Fair
So much bias it is funny.

Ridley_Prime
Indeed.

BloodRawEngine
I really don't see how Stryker doesn't just shove a nightstick up Redfield's ass and pull it out out from his throat. It's not like Chris ever took on his toughest enemies straight-up without even one weapon, and the only times he did like against Wesker, he got *****'d 9 times out of 10. Not to mention Stryker has at least one pretty good damage soak in MK9's story mode when he was flung from the streets into the subway by Ermac and got up without much damage iirc.

As for their voice actors, I thought that was Roger Craig Smith doing Stryker's voice too at first, but none of the sources say so; They all cite Matthew Mercer (who also voiced Fei Long, but that's the only other fighting game character I can think of).

Ridley_Prime
You may perhaps have a point there about the times when Chris was unarmed, but fact is, Chris and Stryker are both allowed their guns/pistols in this thread, and being the ex-marksman Chris is, he'd shoot Stryker down before he could ever lay a baton on him. no expression Chris has more than plenty of good damage soaks too when you take his Wesker encounters and such into consideration..

Phanteros
You may perhaps have a point there about the times when Chris was unarmed, but fact is, Chris and Stryker are both allowed their guns/pistols in this thread, and being the ex-marksman Chris is, he'd shoot Stryker down before he could ever lay a baton on him. no expression Chris has more than plenty of good damage soaks too when you take his Wesker encounters and such into consideration.. But fact Wesker has been shown to hold back is also taken to consideration otherwise he would did to Chris like he did to that old man back in the mansion.

We don't know how much force he was applying on Chris and Sheeva, however the fact they still took is quite impressive.

I say Chris takes this on the virtue of strength.

Phanteros
edit

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Phanteros

We don't know how much force he was applying on Chris and Sheeva, however the fact they still took is quite impressive.

Wait, how can you say it's still impressive even though you don't know how much force Wesker was applying?

BloodRawEngine
You may perhaps have a point there about the times when Chris was unarmed, but fact is, Chris and Stryker are both allowed their guns/pistols in this thread, and being the ex-marksman Chris is, he'd shoot Stryker down before he could ever lay a baton on him. no expression Chris has more than plenty of good damage soaks too when you take his Wesker encounters and such into consideration..

Forgive me if I'm putting words in your mouth, but you're saying that like Stryker either has no guns or that he's shite with them. Either way that's blatantly false. It may not have been on-screen, but this is the same Stryker who singlehandedly took out an entire terrorist group in what was basically one fell swoop; the only reason Chris ever did such things against the supernatural was usually by virtue of plot device or just the stuff laying around (ie, the turrets and missiles against Irving or the satellite laser against Alexia). Even in regads to the full spectrum for both characters, Chris' chances for victory go no further than in a potential firefight; no amount of boulders puts Chris' h2h skills on the level of MK bottom-feeders.

And the fact is that Wesker never even took Chris seriously until the end of RE5, being the only time he fought him with an immediate killing intent, as opposed to just casually manhandling him before finally trying to finish him off i.e. the fight in Spencer's mansion. To that end, virtually every scene of Chris taking a hit from him is just short of moot.

Basically, I don't see how Stryker can't just do the same things Chris can do, but better. MK fighters are more or less inherently already above peak human, and although Stryker's one of few with no superpowers, it didn't seem to pose that much of a problem against the likes of Mileena, Kintaro, or Ermac, all of whom, collectively at least, had more or less all the same powers Wekser has to some level.

samirerre
i cant belive people think chris takes this with ease.
fanboys

Zack Fair
i cant belive people think chris takes this with ease.
fanboys

Quiet you. uhuh

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Quiet you. uhuh
lol Yeah, he has no room to talk.

Wait, how can you say it's still impressive even though you don't know how much force Wesker was applying?
Based on the fact they lived whereas everyone else who crossed paths with superhuman Wesker had died? (Spencer, Spencer's bodyguards, etc.)

Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
Forgive me if I'm putting words in your mouth, but you're saying that like Stryker either has no guns or that he's shite with them. Either way that's blatantly false.
Well when both Stryker and Kabal were trying to shoot Reptile as he was climbing up a building and neither got any shots on him, it kinda told me his aiming wasn't that good. At least compared to Chris's... Now if Reptile was shown to be a bullet timer of Wesker's caliber, then it'd be a different story.

As for most of that other stuff mentioned, fair enough. I don't recall Chris using a satellite laser against Alexia though. Did you mean Excella?

Bah, Mileena and Kintaro didn't even have any feats, aside from Kintaro burning Kabal's face, which the same could've happened to Stryker if he had chose to attack him instead in that cutscene. Point made with Ermac though.

Bro SMASH
Based on the fact they lived whereas everyone else who crossed paths with superhuman Wesker had died? (Spencer, Spencer's bodyguards, etc.)

But Chris and Sheva had something to their advantage over Wesker.

Ridley_Prime
I'm not just talking about the end of RE5, but all the earlier encounters with superhuman Wesker too, including Code Veronica, which back then Chris had no advantage over him, or in the Spencer Estate.

edit: Also, if Ermac could telekinetically push Stryker all the way to a subway station, why couldn't he have just used his TK to rip his arms off like he did Jax's? I think it can perhaps be argued that Ermac was holding back some as well, or that he wasn't using the full extent of his TK against Stryker in that scene..

samirerre
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Quiet you. uhuh
haha , please dont hate me ,just learn that shooters fighter>shooters
have you played mk9 yet ?

Ridley_Prime
If you followed the MK9 thread like you seem to do the games versus forum, then you would know that he's played it...

Elaborate on that first statement.

Bro SMASH
I'm not just talking about the end of RE5, but all the earlier encounters with superhuman Wesker too, including Code Veronica, which back then Chris had no advantage over him, or in the Spencer Estate.

You can say Chris was lucky in some of those other times. Like the last encounter with Wesker before RE5, Wesker would have killed Chris had Jill not have interrupted him.

Ridley_Prime
'k, and Stryker was lucky to still have his arms after what Ermac did to Jax's, and to not get the same face treatment from Kintaro as Kabal when he was right there with him. IMO at least.

Bro SMASH
So your point being...?

Ridley_Prime
So your point being...?
Point being that Kintaro could've just as easily burnt Stryker like he did Kabal in that cutscene, but instead decided it would be a good idea to get in a fist fight with a more experienced cop, and Ermac probably could've done more to Stryker than he did with his TK as well.

Bro SMASH
So in otherwords, you're saying both Chris and Stryker got lucky in their lives?

Ridley_Prime
Yep, basically. More or less. stick out tongue

Zack Fair
Not to take anything away from Stryker but I agree with Prime. What stopped Kintaro from burning him like Kabal? Most likely character induced stupidity. Same with Ermac...he did ambush stryker and threw him around like a ragdoll. What stopped Ermac from doing to Stryker what he did to Jax? CIS unless there is more to Ermac's TK then we currently know.

samirerre
meybe kintaro needs 2 secondes to reacharg
so he played with kurtis untill he got owned.

Nemesis X
No.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.