JSA vs JSA All-Stars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
JSA:

Mr. Terrific
Dr. Fate (Current)
Flash (Jay)
Green Lantern (Alan)
Jesse Quick
Jakeem Thunder
Lighting (Black Lightning's daughter)
Starman

Vs

JSA All-Stars:

Power Girl
Citizen Steel
Magog
Damage
Anna Fortune
Atom Smasher
Hourman
King Chimera
Stargirl
Cyclone
Judomaster
Sandman (current )

Both sides using their powers as smart as they normally do, but treating the other side as villains and willing to go for the kill.

Galan007
Jakeem could certainly be the game changer.

Prep-Man
I wonder if Jakeem can touch Judomaster.

Q99
If they're area-effect attacks at least.

I figure while the JSA has Jakeem, the All-Stars have numbers, quite a few of them rather powerful.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
I figure while the JSA has Jakeem, the All-Stars have numbers, quite a few of them rather powerful. True. However, the only character on the All-Star team capable of doing much at all against Thunderbolt, is Hourman (assuming he's still got a fraction of the 'gog.) Sans that, one order from Jakeem is all it'd take to end this.

...Not to mention that the JSA team also has Alan, who is pure awesomesauce as of late. Hell, he might be able to solo, imo.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
If Jakeem isn't taken out of the game fast then this is a Zrfffian stompfest.

Digi
This is a complete stomp for JSA. Even if you take out Alan, who indeed could possibly solo, I'd still give them the win.

long pig
Wait. Who's jakeem?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by long pig
Wait. Who's jakeem?

Jakeem is the current wielder of the 5-th Dimensional Genie that Johnny Thunderbolt used to own.

Digi
He's kinda like Zatanna. A walking magical plot device of at least herald power, but prone to one-shot or attacks that take away his voice.

long pig
Oh, ok. wow. So he has no limits?

Existere
Originally posted by long pig
Wait. Who's jakeem? Can't you use google?

Q99
One of the primary limits of the Thunderbolt is it must be given orders for everything it does from the entirely-human teenager Jakeem.

Originally posted by Galan007
True. However, the only character on the All-Star team capable of doing much at all against Thunderbolt, is Hourman (assuming he's still got a fraction of the 'gog.) Sans that, one order from Jakeem is all it'd take to end this.

And Anna Fortune. She has some majorly powerful one-use spells, she contained the King of Tears.

Don't forget there is taking out Jakeem, which'd be the primary tactic, there's no reason they need to go after the Thunderbolt. With King Chimera around, getting close to him might not even be all that hard.

Against PG, Magog, Citizen Steel, and Damage? Alan's good, that's a bit much.

Take out Jakeem and I'd think the JSA team'd be overwhelmed.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
Against PG, Magog, Citizen Steel, and Damage? Alan's good, that's a bit much. Not really. The last few issues of JSA are testament of that.

Q99
They didn't have Magog in those.

malachai

Q99
America doesn't have Kings and England has a well-known royal family. You gotta make up a nation to have a King.

Also, look up "Blue Marvel," who is Black and of Superman/Thor level from Marvel comics. Or "Amazing Man"- a black hero who played a role in the civil rights movement in DC.

Also, get your own thread.

malachai

Q99
... why are you going around accusing me of racism when I just helped you by pointing out multiple black heroes?

(Heck, come to think of it there's three black heroes on the JSA team at the top of the thread alone...)

malachai

Q99
So anyway, back to people who can spell.

Is the consensus that the JSA wins even with numbers disadvantage? Magog's power output from his staff is supposed to be similar to Alan's after all.

Would it be a better fight without Jakeem?

aztec
Sure, the All Stars team has the numbers advantage, but with a roster like the Justice Society it doesn't matter. Event without Jakeem Thunder, the JSA has two speedsters, a Mage and Gl.. They are going to overwhelm Powergirl's team!! I can't see anyone matching Alan or Fate one on one.

Also, JSA All Stars looses because Magog was a chump!! I'm glad they got rid of him.

Q99
Originally posted by aztec
Sure, the All Stars team has the numbers advantage, but with a roster like the Justice Society it doesn't matter. Event without Jakeem Thunder, the JSA has two speedsters, a Mage and Gl.. They are going to overwhelm Powergirl's team!! I can't see anyone matching Alan or Fate one on one.

Current Fate's wussy compared to classic fate, and they have a mage too, Anna Fortune, who can store spells from mages much more powerful than her and thus let her be a pretty major threat in a magic duel.

Against speedsters, they have plenty of tools. Damage has good area effect, and King Chimera's illusions'll trip up anyone, he's really good with them.

They don't have to match Alan one on one, they can use numbers against him.

aztec
Originally posted by Q99
Current Fate's wussy compared to classic fate, and they have a mage too, Anna Fortune, who can store spells from mages much more powerful than her and thus let her be a pretty major threat in a magic duel.

Against speedsters, they have plenty of tools. Damage has good area effect, and King Chimera's illusions'll trip up anyone, he's really good with them.

They don't have to match Alan one on one, they can use numbers against him.

Jessie and Jay will blitz everyone from the start. In my honest opinion, Powergirl is the only who can match them in that are. They're obviously going to target the biggest threats. Thus King Chimera, Anna Fortune and protect Jakeem Thunder to erase everyone. wink

I'm not familiar with Anna Fortune, but didn't Fate release the JSA from a dimesional boxes? I remember he freed everyone from Mordru spells. Sure, he lacks experience but still bad*ss nonetheless. I want him and PG to hook up. big grin

Q99
Originally posted by aztec

I'm not familiar with Anna Fortune, but didn't Fate release the JSA from a dimesional boxes? I remember he freed everyone from Mordru spells. Sure, he lacks experience but still bad*ss nonetheless. I want him and PG to hook up. big grin

Anna's a friend of Fate's. Her thing is she's kinda a steampunk mage who, in addition to her own spells, has spell cartridges fired from a magic gun.

The most powerful of which was used to imprison The King of Tears. She also used one to save King Chimera after he had seen Johnny Sorrow's face and been killed. So she's a mid-level mage with a limit supply of *really* high-end Fate-on-a-good day doozies of spells.

As for the speedsters blitzing everyone, almost everyone on the team is either super-tough or flies, and King Chimera means they won't necessarily be where they look to be. PG and Magog both have high-end reactions, Damage and Cyclone have good area effect, and Judomaster can't be hit by them.

malachai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.