New Aliens game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Creative Assembly will be working on it

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/05/12/creative-assembly-working-on-aliens-game/

jinXed by JaNx
what about colonial marines from gearbox?

Smasandian
No word on it.

I assume info will be released after Duke Nukem Forever comes out.

There was screens released a year ago I think.

-Pr-
I read an interview just this morning about Sega saying that they wreen't doing an AVP sequel because they were working on CM. Even with AVP's not so great reviews, the game still got some pretty good sales...

Kazenji
I would like the sequel for AVP to be made by Monolith if it ever happens, They did a great job on the sequel that came out on the PC.

Smasandian
Yeah, having Monolith make the new AvP would be awesome.

Rebellion did a shitty job with that game.

-Pr-
While I think it could/should have been better, I didn't think it was a bad game, personally. There were definitely some enjoyable moments for me...

Smasandian
It was just boring.

Something about it. It didn't have any heart and it utterly forgettable.

It wasn't a bad made game, just cookie cutter, which I find is a worst offense for video game designers. I rather have a shitty made game that had heart in it than blah.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, having Monolith make the new AvP would be awesome.

Probably won't be seeing it happen anytime soon since they're concetrating more on F.E.A.R. & Condemned these days.

Smasandian
I would be surprised if they do another FEAR game and Condemned.

Kazenji
Well i know with Condemned 2 it left it open for a third game but still no sign of it.

-Pr-
It was just boring.

Something about it. It didn't have any heart and it utterly forgettable.

It wasn't a bad made game, just cookie cutter, which I find is a worst offense for video game designers. I rather have a shitty made game that had heart in it than blah.

on the marine level where you set up the turret in the corridor, i thought it was anything but boring. for me, it actually felt like the movies. the rest of the game had moments like that, just not enough of them for me.

Smasandian
I don't even remember that part.

The game had nothing to it. It just felt like it was going through the paces.

-Pr-
FINALLY!

http://kotaku.com/5807389/aliens-colonial-marines-a-true-sequel-to-james-camerons-classic-aliens-out-in-2012

Kazenji
Well i suppose Gearbox had to get the king's new game over and done with before they went to that one.

Smasandian
It was probably more like "get Borderlands finished" before going onto the Aliens franchise.

And I remember hearing that Sega did not want to release two Alien games back to back.

And that's probably why Duke Nukem Forever was bought and finished because it would of only taken a year or so to complete it.

steverules_2
Bout f*cking time they got colonial marines done, I've been waiting forever...good to know it's still coming

-Pr-
FPS with online mission co-op. Please please please please PLEASE.

steverules_2
Geekasm if that happens droolio

The Nuul
Happy Dance

This looks great, a must buy.

Kazenji
Strange that there has'nt been any more news on this one.

Kazenji
Screenshots leaked

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2013/12/creative-assemblys-alien-isolation.html

Smasandian
The graphics look very good.

I'm still interested. I'm hoping they make the Aliens badasses. One of the most outrageous things in Aliens: Colonial Marines is that Aliens were ****ing pipsqueks.

Stealth Moose
The main reason why Aliens were badasses in the films is because they had unrivaled speed and mobility, and humans never heard of night vision, but use a sonar-like system as though they're 1930's submarines.

Aliens were always glass cannons, except for the queen.

-Pr-
They used infa-red in aliens and that didn't work. Aliens do have some form of natural camouflage, iirc.

Stealth Moose
I recall in the AVP games aliens had to have their own vision mode because they didn't give off thermal whatsoever. Exoskeleton no doubt.

The original AVP was a lot of fun. I remember beating the single player modes and spending many hours on MP. Of course, the marine was the weakest unit in the game because everyone could ambush him, but once they were in the crossfires, game balance dictated that they died quickly.

jinXed by JaNx
The screenshots surely look much more modest than Gearboxs lavish demo which makes me believe they may be real but until I see actual platform gameplay or play the game myself I don't find any reason to get excited over an Aliens game. I've been burned twice now, on Colonial marines video game, once in 99 and again last year. I've also been burned with atrocious Alien movies. It would take something great for me to get interested in the franchise again, apart from revisiting the nostalgia.

Stealth Moose
You're just holding out for Prometheus: Malevolent Android, bro. Don't lie.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
You're just holding out for Prometheus: Malevolent Android, bro. Don't lie.

Yeah, just so I could write off Hollywood altogether lol

Smasandian
So more info has been released and it basically looks like Outlast/Amnesia version of Alien.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/07/alien-isolation-unveiled-as-survival-horror-with-roots-in-1979/

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/07/bringing-1979s-hide-and-seek-horror-to-2014-with-alien-isolati/

From the preview, the hiding mechanic seems to be more organic and feel right than Outlast. The graphics look stellar and hoping this game turns out really, really good.

Tzeentch
Really wish they'd stop trying to tie the games into the movies via canon characters (or characters who are related to canon characters) and canon locations. I mean, the movies came out 30 years ago. No one is going to buy these games because of how much they loved the movies anymore.

Anyway, looks cool I guess. Will remain entirely skeptical and unimpressed up until I see the 80+% on Rotten Tomatoes, but hey. At least they seem to be giving it a good effort.

Smasandian
I agree. In most cases, tying the game via canon characters usually don't work.

But at least the story makes some sort of sense. They are not touching any of the movies story lines so they will have free reign and from the previews, it looks like they got the look of the Alien down pat.

But I disagree about nobody buying the games because they loved the movies. I am? And I think most people do as well. One of the reasons why Aliens CM was so disappointing is because people loved Aliens.

Tzeentch
Eh, fair enough. Personally, I love the aliens universe, which makes me want to buy the games, but hearing that "it's authentic to the movies", "ties into the movies", never impressed me.

Smasandian
That makes sense.

But deep down, I think most people want games based on beloved franchises to feel like them. This doesn't mean it should happen (AVP2 is great because it doesn't follow the movies, or have any reference to it) but I understand why developers do it.

But I feel like this might work out differently. Most Alien games resemble a take on Aliens. This is the first Alien game where it resembles the original movie and it might be the difference between being stale or very good?

Who knows but at least the preview paints this game as completely different than any other Alien game (or least in FPS view).

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Eh, fair enough. Personally, I love the aliens universe, which makes me want to buy the games, but hearing that "it's authentic to the movies", "ties into the movies", never impressed me. I think this is actually a story that needs to be told. Amanda Ripley was said to have existed in Alien, but she was apparently dead already in Aliens. Its cool that we finally get to see how she died. The fact that she takes after her bad ass mother fighting through a derelict space vessel against aliens is kind of cool to me too. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Amanda, though it kind of sucks we pretty much already know how it will most likely end for her.

Smasandian
Well, in Aliens, she died of old age. Or she died later on her life.

I'm pretty sure this isn't going to show her death.

Arachnid1
Well, in Aliens, she died of old age. Or she died later on her life.

I'm pretty sure this isn't going to show her death. That's what I get going off my terrible memory. I should have looked that up.

In that case, we know she's going to come out a-okay, which is even worse IMO. We should have just gotten a new character to follow and not tie into canon then. :/

Kazenji
Yeah i'll wait for the reviews

looks good from the gameplay trailer but we all now how that turned out for Colonial Marines.

Nemesis X
I never heard of a development team called the Creative Assembly so I looked it up. It was then I found out they're behind Total War: Rome 2, a game just as controversially buggy as (if not more than) Dice and EA's Battlefield 4. Definitely gonna wait and see what the reviews will be first.

Smasandian
Yeah, they do make buggy games. It is a worry but they can also make very, very good games as well. I loved Shogun 2.

I will be surprised if this game is a buggy as their Total War games. Those are freaking huge and uncontrolled. This game I would suspect would be easier to bug hunt for.

But who knows.

LeonBuco666
It looks promising, But 3 years In the making....eh...this could be great.

Im hyped TBH, I love the whole idea of the game, it will be a nice change from shooters and action in general.

a Halloween game using this same type of premise would be heaven for me, im a hardcore fan for suspense horry, not into this new age in your face ghost shite.

Smasandian
Being three years in development a bad thing or good thing?

LeonBuco666
good!

LeonBuco666
what would you guys think of a Halloween game using this similar system.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
It looks promising, But 3 years In the making....eh...this could be great.

Three years sure but it's not like CA did nothing but work on Isolation this whole time. Don't forget they had other projects they had to work on too like that new Total War that came out last year and you have to wonder how long it took 'em to make that fustercluck.

what would you guys think of a Halloween game using this similar system.

There already is. A third person PC indie called Babysitter Bloodbath.

Kazenji
I wouldn't mind seeing a decent Friday the 13th game, Have them go with the 80's style feel to it.

BackFire
This game looks promising, but with the cluster **** that was the last one, I'm not expecting anything.

-Pr-
It looks promising, imo. I'm someone that, while I don't need it to fit in to the canon, still wants it to feel like it's part of the universe, so I'm optimistic about this.

LeonBuco666
It looks like it will be a really good game, Sega own the rights to Alien or some part it. Sega don't develop the games, they just put it out their, so for those of you not trusting Sega, don't...but don't not trust CA, because they make some really good games.

Colonial marines was a scam...this looks like a legit Alien game, and it looks scary as shit. I'm looking forward to this one.

Nemesis X
It looks like it will be a really good game, Sega own the rights to Alien or some part it. Sega don't develop the games, they just put it out their, so for those of you not trusting Sega, don't

I don't know what made you think we're saying Sega is developing this but okay...

I do not disagree for I have played Spartan: Total War and have hopes Isolation will be the first Alien game to finally live up to everyone's expectations so don't get me wrong. It's just how some developers have horrifically mistreated the license there's a bug up my ass that makes me not trust them 100%.

LeonBuco666
no, no one here, but countless people across the web have, and are likely to see this thread.

yeah, I dont think there has ever been a true alien game, the way isolation is being stated to be. I do have trust in CA, but Colonial marines trailers, and gameplay previews look just as good as this to be honest, the game be just as much a cluster **** as ACM, but I doubt after seeing past projects from CA.

its looks scary as hell thought dont it, lol. I may be the only 1 to admit it, but in a dark room with headphones full volume, Ill probably piss myself when the tension peaks lol.

Kazenji
For CA i too have only played that Spartan game, Their Total War games don't really interest me that much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.