Flip Flopping?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
What character from DC would you like to go to Marvel as a permanent character? Who would fit in with Marvel characters? Who would be better in Marvel vs being in DC?

long pig
Cap Marvel.

Hyperion Prime
I wish Hulk would go to DC so we could get a good character to fill his spotstick out tongue Captain Marvel(Batson) would be good.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by long pig
Cap Marvel.

A case of grass is greener on the other side.

As a Cap fan, I can at least say he has a hollowed out place in DC as one of the very few true equals of Superman.

In Marvel, he would be destroyed. They would turned Billy into some schizophrenic child, where even as Cap it bleeds over to a degree

long pig
Agreed. Get rid of that big gay green turd sandwich.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by CosmicComet
A case of grass is greener on the other side.

As a Cap fan, I can at least say he has a hollowed out place in DC as one of the very few true equals of Superman.

In Marvel, he would be destroyed. They would turned Billy into some schizophrenic child, where even as Cap it bleeds over to a degree

Marvel is alot darker and heaven forbid a character has a good life. I would still like to see him there. A better trade would be Captain America for Batman. It would be cool if Batman got to bring all his tech and money. Heck just teleport the whole batcave there.

long pig
There is room in Marvel for a happy, non emo, iconic character.

Hyperion Prime
There is room in Marvel for a happy, non emo, iconic character.

I kind of like Marvel being all messed up now that I think about it. More realistic that way. Hell I wish Ironman would go back to being an alcoholic for awhile.......that's real shit

quanchi112
Black adam in the marvel u. He would fit into that universe nicely. From marvel I'd say the surfer would make things interesting in the dcu for a while not forever.

Simbon
Marvel doesn't need anymore superman clones.

Etrigan would fit in pretty well.
Also, DC's high-end villains are generally better and more powerful than Marvel's -- putting someone like Gog or Despero over there could make for some interesting storylines.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Simbon
Marvel doesn't need anymore superman clones.

Etrigan would fit in pretty well.
Also, DC's high-end villains are generally better and more powerful than Marvel's -- putting someone like Gog or Despero over there could make for some interesting storylines. Dc's high end villains aren't more powerful than marvel's. Not by far.

Neither gog or despero are as powerful as say Thanos, Surtur, Galactus, Walker, Korvac, etc.

Simbon
Originally posted by quanchi112
Dc's high end villains aren't more powerful than marvel's. Not by far.

Neither gog or despero are as powerful as say Thanos, Surtur, Galactus, Walker, Korvac, etc.

I should have qualified that statement -- what I meant is that Marvel has relatively few villains between high herald and skyfather compared to DC; obviously, Marvel has had plenty of abstract level villains.

And for the record, Kingdom Gog is more powerful than Thanos by an order of magnitude.

dmills
Firestorm for the cosmic scene, on the pseudo street level I'd love to see the birds of prey in Marvel.

-K-M-
Flip flops are practical anywhere

http://theflipflopappreciationsociety.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/haveana-flipflop-gold.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by Simbon
I should have qualified that statement -- what I meant is that Marvel has relatively few villains between high herald and skyfather compared to DC; obviously, Marvel has had plenty of abstract level villains.

And for the record, Kingdom Gog is more powerful than Thanos by an order of magnitude. I disagree entirely. His power also ran out unlike Thanos' but it's off topic.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by -K-M-
Flip flops are practical anywhere

http://theflipflopappreciationsociety.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/haveana-flipflop-gold.jpg

That's a Thong. A THONG GODDAMMIT!!

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Marvel is alot darker and heaven forbid a character has a good life. I would still like to see him there. A better trade would be Captain America for Batman. It would be cool if Batman got to bring all his tech and money. Heck just teleport the whole batcave there.

Yes, Marvel is much Darker: Spiderman lost Uncle Ben, Superman lost his planet.....
Sue Dibney, Dr. Light, Multiverse remade every now and again. How many gf has Kyle had die now? etc....

Q99
Four.

Yes, four. There's a reason why people say "Send Kyle to date them," as a strategy to beat big bads, and Soranik Natu is one of the bravest people in either universe smile

Black bolt z
Spectre. He'd actually be pretty cool in Marvel.

Bouboumaster
DC to Marvel:
I'd like to see Lex Luthor: I like Norman Osborn in his run as the chief of HAMMER, and I think Luthor could fulfill this role perfectly. I see him as a kind of "Non-caring power hungry sociopathic s.o.b". Without the obession of Sups, the dude would be a perfect ennemy for the x-men and/or to Tony Stark. A genius (but not on the "Richards/von Doom lvl"wink with a lot of ressource.

Agent Orange would be cool too: An uber powerful cosmic character that would pose a directer threat to the like of Surfer.

Marvel to DC:
If they ever to do that, I'll shit myself of rage, but Hercules would be an AWESOME addition to the JLA line-up. The happy-go-lucky bastard would bring a liter side to the JLA, and there would be a lot to work around him that could be done, like an arc with Hercules and Wonder Woman/Amazons redefining their relationship. Also, the Lion of Olympus ****ing roxx.

The Punisher would be a great character to include into the Batman books. He would fight him, and with him. I think that it would be interesting.

psycho gundam
Agreed. Get rid of that big gay green turd sandwich. hulk would be able to lend strength if he was in dc, count your blessings

Omega Vision
Nah, pure bricks in DC are like pure Speedsters in Marvel: fewer and not nearly as respected as in the other company.

He'd be a green, heroic Solomon Grundy and you know it.

If he was part of a team all of his fights would consist of rushing into battle yelling Hulk Smash! only to get three paneled by the villain of the week. To show just how tough said villain is.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Nah, pure bricks in DC are like pure Speedsters in Marvel: fewer and not nearly as respected as in the other company.

He'd be a green, heroic Solomon Grundy and you know it.

If he was part of a team all of his fights would consist of rushing into battle yelling Hulk Smash! only to get three paneled by the villain of the week. To show just how tough said villain is.

He really brings nothing to the table. Why would you need hulk when you have Superman......etc. Oh and Grundy > Hulk

Omega Vision
Oh and Grundy > Hulk
Nah.

It depends on the version (avg Grundy is more or less = to some of Hulk's weaker versions) but I'd say only PC Grundy at his best was clearly above Hulk.

Smart Grundy though could give Hulk a really good fight, maybe win.

Hyperion Prime
Nah.

It depends on the version (avg Grundy is more or less = to some of Hulk's weaker versions) but I'd say only PC Grundy at his best was clearly above Hulk.

Smart Grundy though could give Hulk a really good fight, maybe win.

I actually would love to see a Grundy Hulk fight. Last fight I saw of Grundy he was giving Bizzaro a hard time. But you are probablly right. I don't read much DC.

psycho gundam
Nah.

Smart Grundy though could give Hulk a really good fight, maybe win. maybe for a while, but every hero get's turned into an evil version and/or get's a gahtlike upgrade that puts them in a higher category temporarily (or at least seems that way), or they realize their "potential" and the snowball starts to roll

fernus, extent, monarch (the fusion of hulk's personalities, it would happen), parralax/ion, etc

with hulk's default power-set, he's just the strength version of flash so ....

carver9
He really brings nothing to the table. Why would you need hulk when you have Superman......etc. Oh and Grundy > Hulk

Hulk hater. Hulk brings a lot to the table. That is why he is one of the most powerful beings in Marvel. Hulk is strength personified.

Stop hating.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk hater. Hulk brings a lot to the table. That is why he is one of the most powerful beings in Marvel. Hulk is strength personified.

Stop hating.

He does bring alot to the table, but not like Martian Manhunter, Superman, and Wonder Woman. They are bricks with other powers ....they are more versatile. Maybe Hulk would do better if he could fly. There is more to a fight than strength when it comes to DC. Hulk just wouldn't be able to muscle his way through everything.

He would get ktfo by Doomsday, Despero, Konvict, Darkseid. Bizzaro etc. He needs more than strength.

MetalIsDead
Of course this will never happen but I'd LOVE the bat-family in Marvel.
Or Black Adam, they can kill Namor if necessary... embarrasment

Captain America is the obvious choice for DC. Guys like Surfer or Nova would fit too.

carver9
He does bring alot to the table, but not like Martian Manhunter, Superman, and Wonder Woman. They are bricks with other powers ....they are more versatile. Maybe Hulk would do better if he could fly. There is more to a fight than strength when it comes to DC. Hulk just wouldn't be able to muscle his way through everything.

He would get ktfo by Doomsday, Despero, Konvict, Darkseid. Bizzaro etc. He needs more than strength.

In a comic Hulk would give Doomsday HELL and possibly beat him. Despero haven't done anything that Hulk didn't do. Hulk has taken on teams and crushed them and like I showed you... Hulk has done better against a high end being that the entire Marvel Earth squad couldn't do jack to. Hulk busted Onslaught sh** and every being on the planet was useless against him.

Konvikt...LOLOLOLHAHAHAHLOLOL, what can Konvikt do that Hulk can't do. Hulk would CRUSH Konikt. Darkseid, I will give you that but if he doesn't use his eye and fight brutish like he does majority of the time, he gets crushed by Hulk as well. Bizarro is a idiot and I can't believe you brought him up. Hulk has fought much better. Hell, Hulk was thrashing Genis... Genis>>Bizarro. Get your facts straight.

None of these people that you've named proved anything since Hulk has potential of beating them. Hell, in a crossover... didn't DC and Marvel have Hulk beating Doomsday and this was Professor Hulk...lol.

Zack Fair
durhulk

Hyperion Prime
In a comic Hulk would give Doomsday HELL and possibly beat him. Despero haven't done anything that Hulk didn't do. Hulk has taken on teams and crushed them and like I showed you... Hulk has done better against a high end being that the entire Marvel Earth squad couldn't do jack to. Hulk busted Onslaught sh** and every being on the planet was useless against him.

Konvikt...LOLOLOLHAHAHAHLOLOL, what can Konvikt do that Hulk can't do. Hulk would CRUSH Konikt. Darkseid, I will give you that but if he doesn't use his eye and fight brutish like he does majority of the time, he gets crushed by Hulk as well. Bizarro is a idiot and I can't believe you brought him up. Hulk has fought much better. Hell, Hulk was thrashing Genis... Genis>>Bizarro. Get your facts straight.

None of these people that you've named proved anything since Hulk has potential of beating them. Hell, in a crossover... didn't DC and Marvel have Hulk beating Doomsday and this was Professor Hulk...lol.

Dang...why you got to get all bent out of shape erm

carver9
Dang...why you got to get all bent out of shape erm

laughing

Its you... you are the only one I fuss with. Its something about you that make me fuss... are we related?

Hyperion Prime
laughing

Its you... you are the only one I fuss with. Its something about you that make me fuss... are we related?

I will give you another reason Hulk would not be needed in DC. Too many heavy hitters. You have to admit DC has way heavier hitters than Marvel. Hulk would have a hard time with Maxima. DC has too many heavy hitters.

And Konvikt would give Hulk a hard time. Like Omega Vision said Hulk is nothing, but Grundy. In battle he would be fodder.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by psycho gundam
maybe for a while, but every hero get's turned into an evil version and/or get's a gahtlike upgrade that puts them in a higher category temporarily (or at least seems that way), or they realize their "potential" and the snowball starts to roll

fernus, extent, monarch (the fusion of hulk's personalities, it would happen), parralax/ion, etc

with hulk's default power-set, he's just the strength version of flash so ....
Those people you mentioned aren't as one-dimensional as Hulk though.

Monarch makes perfect sense given CA's true potential is Universal level quantum power, Fernus is what happens when a guy with a huge assortment of powers loses all PIS/CIS and becomes deadly in his use of combos.

I don't see Hulk in there. The only thing you can really do is make him stronger and tougher, but then he's still one-dimensional.

In DC pure bricks are almost all relegated to villainous punching bags.

carver9
I will give you another reason Hulk would not be needed in DC. Too many heavy hitters. You have to admit DC has way heavier hitters than Marvel. Hulk would have a hard time with Maxima. DC has too many heavy hitters.

And Konvikt would give Hulk a hard time. Like Omega Vision said Hulk is nothing, but Grundy. In battle he would be fodder.

Uuummm, Hulk is stronger than Grundy and even if he was on Grundy level... its still isn't bad since Grundy isn't fodder...

http://img25.imagevenue.com/loc124/th_06507_Superman676001_122_124lo.jpghttp://img46.imagevenue.com/loc125/th_06513_Superman676016_122_125lo.jpghttp://img168.imagevenue.com/loc73/th_06516_Superman676017_122_73lo.jpghttp://img258.imagevenue.com/loc80/th_06518_Superman676018_122_80lo.jpg
http://img251.imagevenue.com/loc64/th_06520_Superman676019_122_64lo.jpg

Now who else would you like to say Hulk is like so that you can lowball?

psycho gundam
Those people you mentioned aren't as one-dimensional as Hulk though.

Monarch makes perfect sense given CA's true potential is Universal level quantum power, Fernus is what happens when a guy with a huge assortment of powers loses all PIS/CIS and becomes deadly in his use of combos.

I don't see Hulk in there. The only thing you can really do is make him stronger and tougher, but then he's still one-dimensional.

In DC pure bricks are almost all relegated to villainous punching bags. flash was just as "one dimensional" as the hulk, then writers gave wally all these weird applications for the speed force. i don't see anything different with the hulk's strength, even the pre-retcon beyonder found no finite limit to it.

a lot of dc's energies have a anthropomorphic source/avatar, and he is very much like the flash. they even have similar creedo's

Sin I AM
id like to see punisher in metropolis

Simbon
Apocalypse might be a good fit for DC... He'd have a chance at a fresh start so he didn't suck so much.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by psycho gundam
flash was just as "one dimensional" as the hulk, then writers gave wally all these weird applications for the speed force. i don't see anything different with the hulk's strength, even the pre-retcon beyonder found no finite limit to it.

a lot of dc's energies have a anthropomorphic source/avatar, and he is very much like the flash. they even have similar creedo's
Flash's powers all (or mostly anyway) come from bastardizations of real scientific concepts regarding speed.

Essentially Flash controls speed pure and simple.

Hulk on the other hand isn't some kind of physical avatar of strength and I very much doubt DC would make him that way.

He'd just be a dumb brick.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Sin I AM
id like to see punisher in metropolis he was a hit in gotham:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/554/pvjx.th.jpg

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3898/pvj2.th.jpg

psycho gundam
Flash's powers all (or mostly anyway) come from bastardizations of real scientific concepts regarding speed.

Hulk on the other hand isn't some kind of physical avatar of strength and I very much doubt DC would make him that way.

He'd just be a dumb brick. http://i55.tinypic.com/2qbhtf8.jpg

Daemon Seed
Originally posted by Q99
Four.

Yes, four. There's a reason why people say "Send Kyle to date them," as a strategy to beat big bads, and Soranik Natu is one of the bravest people in either universe smile

Ha, agreed and the four thing is damn funny in my opinion.

MetalIsDead

He'd just be a dumb brick.
Lol no, it's just the same stupid bs having Flash speedstealing than Hulk grabbing energy with his strength. Flash going at multiple c without consequences than Hulk punching a dimension or a "timestorm" (?!) with strength alone. It goes both ways...

Lord Feron
Wonder Woman would be a great addition to Marvel. We have Thor And Herc and we need a woman mythically powered individual.

Also I would like to see Doom do to DC and **** shit up. Or Spider-man and then team him up with Plastic man!

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Wonder Woman would be a great addition to Marvel. We have Thor And Herc and we need a woman mythically powered individual.

Also I would like to see Doom do to DC and **** shit up. Or Spider-man and then team him up with Plastic man!

I was thinking about that having Spiderman in DC. For some reason I don't think he would fit in. That's why I said trade Cap' America for Batman. I think they would not take Spiderman serious and put him on the Teen Titans or something

Sin I AM
lol, dc would be a nightmare for spiderman, too many MAs running around that would decimate him

Omega Vision
Phantom Stranger. He's awesome no matter what company he belongs to.

JayDaDon
I think the Green lantern corps along with the other corps would be pretty damn interesting in Marvel. Green lantern always seemed more to me like a marvel-ish concept.

psycho gundam
marvel copied it with the nova corps, dr. spectrum, and the quantum bands

JayDaDon
Oh yeah I know about them, but I just think it would be way more interesting with the GL corps.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol, dc would be a nightmare for spiderman, too many MAs running around that would decimate him

So DC is too tough for Spider-man. laughing out loud

the ninjak
Originally posted by Martian_mind
That's a Thong. A THONG GODDAMMIT!!

Yeah crazy Americans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.